All Comments on 'Back to Grad School'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

Another wonderful romantic story by you. I hope you will venture into some other areas of erotic writing.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Love it

Some might call it sugary, but I can't see it. Any romantic story at this time of the year should be sweet. It made this Horny 'ol Sailor's heart beat a little faster (which may not be so good when you're a horny senior). Well done and Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Over the top

Your story started out nicely but somewhere you decided to make the male lead into a superman. He’s a billionaire, he eco-friendly, he treats his employees like kings, he’s kind to animals, he loves his children, he’s even friendly with his ex-wife.

He probably leaps tall buildings and can save the ozon layer with just a thought….

Come on, surely you can see that this is ridiculous. Toning it down a bit would have made him a more realistic character and given the entire story more credibility. Now its floating off in la la land, peopled with perfect beings.

Too bad, it could have been a nice little story otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
This is fantasy...deal with it, "Over The Top"!

To over the top:

This is fantasy you troll. Is that what you really want to read about? Seriously flawed men---or women---like the ones who have completely fucked up your miserable lives?

The author has chosen to write about characters of both sexes who have an abundance of qualities which make them special, albeit more special than most of the slugs running around out there.

I am so sick of the lament, "make them more realistic, make them crappy, like all the people I decide to date."

Well, in a word or two---fuck off! Join an S&M forum which will present you with characters more like the ones in your daily life.

Life is tough; often, reality sucks. Stop trying to squeeze out the pleasure of a few minutes of enjoyable reading by reminding us all that your life really sucks---and you want us all to know it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Enjoyed Immensely

Well done. I have never replied to a story before but I really enjoyed yours. As a biologist I was impressed that you took your time to do your homework and to give real depth to your characters. Thanks for the great read.

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I say!

Pompous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
sensually well written

Thank you for an outstanding story.Have you considerd a novel

based on the characters?

sacksackover 18 years ago
yeah, I suppose these characters don't exist,,,

in real life, but that does not take away from this author's solid, professional craft. I probably would not have made the people so perfect, but then it's not my story. Hopefully, a sequel will follow at some point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Credible Strong Work Albeit A Little Fatening

Author - pristene work obviously for some time in some shape or form but being honed here. The high road is respectfully credible and satisfying isn't it.

To take a little from the preceeding comments in a hopefully more palitable delivery, the only - the only possible fault I could see was his failure at DNA research and cloning.

And I am not sure that a romance isn't supposed to be everything it must - including the spoken calories.

So well done Author - now it seems a problem as to what to do. Perhaps a suggestion privately.

Thanks Author - with High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Enjoyable

The story was enjoyable with a degree of predictability, a good predictability.

Jack knew what he wanted and went after it with grace, style and patience.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Good Love Story

Perhaps the two protagonists were a bit over the top, however, Ayn Rand sure did pretty well with characters who were just as large (e.g. Atlas Shrugged). Should consider fleshing it out and starting earlier in the story - why did he get divorced, for example - and making it a novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
over the top is right

this started out as a great romance story, but then you had to go on and on about his farm. this is were the stroy lost all credibility. and were was the lovemaking? you had something great then you fucked it up.

empressofrussiaempressofrussiaover 18 years ago
Thank you!!

I absolutely adored your story. Well written (although the farm's details maybe were a bit overwhelming) and the characters were, for me, believable. This is what story writing is about. Characters. I could read smut anywhere. I came here for romance and you gave it to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Needs work

This story was over the top. There is no conflict here, no problem to solve, no tension and therefore, little satisfaction when these two come together. The picture of Jack Powell is so perfect one wonders why his first marriage failed.

As for Dr. Marjorie Stevens we know virtually nothing about her, save that she has an ex-husband and two children. The story is ironic in that Jack is attending her class to learn how to ‘flesh out’ his female characters, and yet the female character in this story needs the same rework.

Having read and enjoyed your romance stories I would offer a word of advice: limit the background a tad and place more emphasis on the WHY of the story, on the REASON the characters come together….and then add some adversity to make it more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good Story

Good Story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Enjoyable Reading

I found the details about the farm quit interesting, but I would like to have heard more discussion about his writing. Were the characters too perfect? Perhaps, but itis was a refreshing break from all the sleazy types.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Story

A really nice feel-good story. Who needs conflict to make a story an enjoyable read.

frankheinfrankheinalmost 15 years ago
Great Story

Great Story, this was the second time i read it and it was every bit as enjoyable as the first time. some of your readers complained about the farm detail, I thought the information was very timely - and interesting. I enjoy your strong female characters. Keep up the excellent writing.

gravyruggravyrugover 14 years ago
I like happy endings

And this story certainly provided one. Yeah, the characters were more perfect than real life, but that's fine with me. I actually enjoyed the description of the farm, as it's the sort of place I'd love to have if I ever won the lottery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Thanks for a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Absolutely Delightful!

Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. Loved it! Please write more

auhunter04auhunter04about 12 years ago
AAAA yes

Your hero is the person I would like to be but

--Broke

--cant write --dont want to

--no woman even a dream one any more

--best talent is taking a nap

story if anything is a tad bit overdone in the farm/environmental projects

but it is your story..

Not the first time I have read this, a good story is one that can be read and reread, each time finding something new

For me this is a good story

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 11 years ago
Well, I liked it

A number of comments say the story is over the top, but it's nice to read about people who are romantic and successful. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderfully Perceptive! Great Story ...needs a shot in the climax

Some of the insight in your writings is simply amazing... makes me jerk to attention at times and do a reread of a paragraph or phrase but ... the ending is very weak .. I would love to see a fleshed out ending done with the same talented hand that the rest was crafted by.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Damn -

OKAY that was more than good - it was so predictable and yet no question I had to read every word -

I wanted to know exactly how the ended up where they belonged - LOL

We need more writers with your insights -

You do need better spell check and context editing - BUT I am beginning to thinks some are right in that the Lit bot does manipulate stories after submission>??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Predictable? So What!

So Dinsmore didn't weave in a titanic struggle between good and evil. Dinsmore did not expose new facets of the human conditions. SO WHAT?!?! A top-shelf story from a master storyteller!

OldStormyOldStormyalmost 9 years ago
The Farm

Truly enjoyed this romantic work of fiction. My only problem (albeit minor) was the size of the farm at just over 1000 acres. Lets assume it was 1200 acres. I really don't see that being anywhere near large enough to put together the cropping, livestock and other activities etc. I visualise a property in excess of 3000 acres.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Meh...

The monologue you wrote for the characters were to long. Absolutely no gradual character development. Felt like I was reading a list or resume. Couldn't finish the story.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
nice

but it ended too soon.

Did he pass the course?

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 7 years ago
Excellent!

I've read everything you've written and this, by far, surpasses them all, Dinsmore. I've always thought that you were a gifted writer and this story only reiterates that same belief. Way to go, old friend.

MoogPlayer

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Missed this one.

Very unrealistic and quite enjoyable. Even the dogs learned in this one!

The underlying question of why two such wonderful were divorced parents

will never be answered.

When I saw the name Dinsmore I knew that would be worth reading.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
naysayers

those that choose to make comments while hiding their I D are ones who wish they could write riveting stories like Dinsmore does . so far I have liked everyone .

BentonVirtusBentonVirtusover 4 years ago
Good, but ...

Five stars for overall quality. One substantive comment:

There is a disappointing difference between what you wrote (pg 2, “... then it wouldn't matter if he changed tires for a living.”) and what you said (the veritable Superman described in page 3).

It’s a tired trope. The idea that, to partner with an exceptional woman, a man must be a Superman—physically, mentally, emotionally and financially. Also, it’s a bit ironic that, given the major theme of breathing life into an exceptional female character, this character is neither particularly exceptional, nor very well fleshed-out.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Another great love story from the master. Well done Dinsmore, 5 stars

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
GREAT

Struggling between 4* and 5*. 5* wins.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Ok story but...

I enjoyed this story, however the characters and their ultimate relationship are over the top. Both of them are too perfect and the relationship was seen as a foregone conclusion. Give them some character flaws. As far as the relationship, how about starting with some initial angst? Maybe she looks down on him as a playboy. Perhaps she only comes to find out later about his generous gifts. Maybe he initially perceives her as overly haughty. As the story moves along, their perceptions could the change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The description of the farm was over the top. The guy is too perfect. Even his pigs don’t stink.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Both are just a little too perfect.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good read but both people are just too perfect, as is his farm.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The master at work. Setting the stage and letting the reader fill in the blanks, each of us able to put some of one's self into the story. Just amazing.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Beautiful writing from deep in the heart and soul. At times we almost felt invasive to the two forever lovers discovering each other for their lifetime together.

Our hearts warmed, our pulses quickened and our eyes a bit misty as we’re touched with the remembrance of our memories beginning long before our sunset years.

Thank you for sharing.

S&JW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Screw the narrow minded detractors. This is a good story and a fun read. Five

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Some times things can be just that perfect.

I know, my wife and I lived it for over 50 years.

THC

Rapier875Rapier8757 days ago

Other than brilliant and perfect I can't think of anything else worth saying !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous