All Comments on 'If Only In My Dreams'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank you Pat

Metzov

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
As Always, Great

Patricia:

I can't speak for the grunts since my service was during 'Nam and in the Navy, but you apparently have this story down pat. In 'Nam it wasn't "the world," it was, "the real world." At the US Naval Academy, chiseled in stone, are these words, "Duty Honor Country." It is incomplete. It should say, "Duty Honor Responsibility Country." Every man and every woman, must be responsible for performing their duty, and at the same time are also responsible for their actions. For Lt. Miller to let his mind wander in a possible combat situation is unforgivable. To be charitable, he hasn't yet learned how to focus on the moment. The problem is that when you, as a leader, lose the focus, and all hell breaks loose, people you lead get killed. people who haven't been there will poo poo me as a nit picker, but those who've walked that path know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyway, you are the queen on this site and thank you for the story. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Been waiting to see

this from you Patricia. A beautifully written piece as only you can do it. It's so short but encompasses so much. Great job and good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank You!

Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
only you

could write something so simple yet so meaningful. thank you for those that can not.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
nice read and

wishing you a merry christmas and happy new year. a fan always.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Touching

You really can write anything and write it well. That was a beautiful letter and a nice reminder of the good men and women who serve us all. A great picture of real love lived out in the real world.

sacksackover 18 years ago
beautifully written....

and a touching tribute....thanks for sharing!

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Sweet

Perfect for this time of year. Thank you.

dreampilot79dreampilot79over 18 years ago
As always a great story Pat

What more can be said, except great work Pat.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Great

A great loving wife story.... thanks for sharing it

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Touching

This was really touching, and had a very clear and weighty feeling tone to it that I really enjoyed. Your writing is quite "real," which makes the story like being transported. Good luck in the contest!

Dotrice1Dotrice1over 18 years ago
Just Right

I see you did not waste your free time this weekend, despite your football game. I feel free to comment here as I only just saw the draft, so here goes...WOOOOOOHOOOOO!

Show them a "real" loving wife. And a real man as well.

Miss JaneMiss Janeover 18 years ago
Incredible

So very well written. I actually had a lump in my throat at the end, and had to fight back the tears. I think it is safe to say you have touched so many of our hearts with that letter. So tasteful, and so much the truth too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I reallly really really

think that this was a Romance story not what we find in loving wives.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
A very loving story

And a tribute to our fighting men everywhere; may they all have someone like Lisa to love.

A wonderful story!

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
Beautiful ...

Thank you for this wonderful tribute to our fighting men. Your stories are always works of art. Good luck!

Cookie :)

Candy9Candy9over 18 years ago
Thanks from an old Viet Nam Vet

That's a great story to warm all our hearts for the season. I was not married when I was in Viet Nam, but too many of my friends who were got letters that were a lot different and more disturbing than this. Good job. I'm motivated to read more of your stories, most of which I see are rated HOT.

impressiveimpressiveover 18 years ago
Nice work, Patricia

Happy Holidays & good luck in the contest! ~Imp

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonover 18 years ago
Excellent

Great piece of writing, and all too sadly, very real and poignant.

Good luck in the contest.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 18 years ago
A "real" loving wife tale !!

A touching story of true love told by a master. Thanks Patricia for you beautiful tribute to the fighting men laying their lives on the line for us everywhere - may they all have a Lisa to come home to!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Somehow I missed this...

touching, loving, "Loving Wives" story.

I saw it on the December 2005's Category Nominees' list and it didn't sound familiar!

Beautiful story and MUCH better than getting a box of crubmled up cookies!

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Merry Christmas

I want to Say Merry Christmas to Everyone at Literotica and to my favorite writer Patricia51 my favorite of all Merry Christmas to you and the family.

I hope you continue writing those great stories.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga.

trojan5678trojan5678about 14 years ago
Loved this story!

Wasn't what I expected when reading a loving wives story, but it was a wonderful read! Having been over there, it's good to see stories like this. I hope to see more stories like this of yours as I look into your archives.

pogo123pogo123almost 14 years ago
Wonderfully done!!

You've captured very well the feelings of being deployed and in love.

I cannot know how you came to absorb the level of military authenticity you display, but you have it pretty well on the head.

A pleasure to read and ... thank you.

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Wonderful story

To the men in service our heartfelt thanks

VulcezVulcezalmost 13 years ago
Even the soul...

...is touched by your amazing stories. Yet again I salute you.

Ron-SanRon-Sanover 12 years ago
Thanks for the story

As a Marine who spent several Christmas's away from home this struck a deep chord with me. Great story.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Wow

Patricia that was beautiful. I have been there from his side but not hers. It was nice to hear her side. Thanks for the read. Jim

njlaurennjlaurenabout 12 years ago
nice to see

A real loving wives story not what I was afraid of,the "loving wife" telling hubby she was a slut and rubbing his face in it...

Toylover52Toylover52about 12 years ago
Good Job

That was a very heartfelt and soothing story, wish all our servicemen got one just like it.

Good Job

ExpDomMExpDomMalmost 12 years ago
Excellent

Very well written and a great, touching story. I feel fortunate to have stumbled across it on Memorial Day weekend. Great reminder of the sacrifices our troops and their families make for our country.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
*****

Amen.

Greyhair61Greyhair61almost 12 years ago
Very nice indeed.

I was reminded of my own experience in Desert Shield/Storm. Very well done.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME HERE

and you there. TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Finally

Finally a real Loving Wife Story. Thank God not everyone is a selfish perverted cheater!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Wonderful

Truly a loving wives tale for the ages.

dirtyomandirtyomanabout 11 years ago
Christmas's over seas

I had 17 Christmas's over seas in 22 years in the US Army.

This story is soooo true to form, yeah the pictures wives send, the letters. Wow its all there. Thank You for this really great story. SFC, U S Army, Retired

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Excellent tidbit would love to hear more!

Great story well written great premise great description sting emotion Thanks great read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Thanks. A great story that brings it home to a lot of American couples.

carvalho45carvalho45almost 11 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for writing this story, it's very descriptive!

Yes, it is like that over Christmas, & all throughout the year, for many of us who work overseas in the Forces or not.

DSolo61DSolo61over 10 years ago

Loving wives usually love only their husbands. This story is great; it's not your typical "Loving Wives" submission but it's well-written and believable. If my wife were like Lisa, I'd be a very happy man. Well done, patricia51!

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. I'm not sure how I missed it when it was posted as I make a point of reading all of your stories. Certainly worth 5 stars.

Thank you.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
Fantastic

Thanks,

Now that's a loving wife! They are out there.

MIK3LMIK3Lover 10 years ago
In our younger years

I recall many holidays that left my bride and me with this melancholy longing. A loving couple in the truest sense.

Thank you

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The fourth picture ...

... was of her spreadeagled as her brother-in-law (his brother) pounded her relentlessly. While Dan was deployed in Afghanistan, Dan's brother was deploying his own troops in his adulterous wife's pussy; there was no doubt Dan Dan was his brother's child.

Messing with another country is one thing, having your wife being messed with by her lover was another matter entirely.

Sleep tight, military cucks...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Isn't it wierd

Isn't it a bit strange that the "good guys" of your narrative are separated from their homeland by an ocean and a continent, whilst the presumably bad guys are defending their own neighbourhood?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Deja Veau

Wow, brought back memories of loving times with my first wife while I was in Viet Nam.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@Sick Anonymous

I have no more patience with cheaters than the next person, but your sick mind imagines facts not in evidence.

Why does it seem to bother you that a Loving Wife may actually BE a LOVING WIFE?

zampazampaover 9 years ago
Nice to be reminded, even in fiction

That love and loyalty still exist - alas, even if only in fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Reality

Faithful, my ass!! The guy taking the pictures ripped off the lacey white negligee and fucked the shit out of the little slut.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Perfect

This story had everything. Any military person serving overseas, especially at Xmas, would dream of receiving a letter like this from a loved one. Why are there stupid comments made about his wife being a cheater, just because some spouses cheat doesn't mean that everyone is that way inclined. I thought this would be a great way to be reminded of my loved ones back home. I was just lucky that I or my children were never called to serve overseas, that horror we luckily escaped. I know this story was written nearly 10 years ago but it is still as great now as it was then. 5 * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sh_t Hot!

As an old combat (Vietnam) vet, I know I liked it, and if you really sent it to your husband in the zone, he'll keep it forever.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
Beautiful Read****

Thanks for sharing,

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Afte Reading...!

After reading this heat-warming story, I think that I am going to have to read all of Patricia's stories. This story sure hit the spot with me. A true 'Loving Wife'...not like the ones in other stories that only really, really love their husbands AFTER they are caught cheating. Thank you for a wonderful story...especially for the vets serving our country.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
But wait....

....who took the pictures?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hey Anony-mouse...

...you need to read more carefully. She said in her letter that she was glad that she figured out the timer on the camera. If it hadn't been for that, you'd have a damn good question!

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
A Lovely Story

I know this is an oldie, but it sure is a goodie! I stumbled into it as a contest winner, and it is truly lovely.

I'll definitely be dipping into some of your other writings here.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
LOVING WIFE

Can't think of a better letter to receive for Christmas for a husband far from home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well Done

For those of us who can say, "been there, done that", it recalls sad but good memories for us. Those letters from home kept many of us sane. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Very nice story. It may be an “oldie” but it’s my first time to read it. One thing in it puzzled me though. The phrase, “weapons were cleaned, turned in...”. I don’t understand that at all. Turn in weapons? To who? WHY? Other than that bit of unexplained whatever, it was a really nice story. D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It made the day easier.

Like many readers I too spent Christmas and many other holidays away from my wife rereading a letter and being grateful for having a loving wife waiting for me. This story could easily have been in the Romance section.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You got it right

To JHarp: I was in Germany in the late 70's and TDY to many bases. It wasn't unusual to hear an announcement over the base PA system letting people know when a flying unit would be returning from a deployment. This let spouses gather at the airfield to greet their loved ones. We called the announcements “Jody Alerts” because those who needed to knew it was time to clear out of the house of apartment.

About cleaning and turning in weapons; in 1971 I was on one of the Air Force’s visit Viet Nam tours and we had a weapon assigned to us “if needed” but the only time I saw it was the one time I cleaned it, test fired it on full automatic on the range and then turned it in to be stored in a locked CONEX unit. Two people had a key to the lock but many sections had a bolt cutter. They didn’t want people who were drunk of depressed getting their hands on a M-16. Bet it’s the same reasoning today.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 5 years ago
Great story, Patricia!

Thank you from a veteran of multiple combat zones, tours, and the occasional crisis, for 26 years. We need more stories like this.

God bless you for this. The hopes and dreams you bring up are what kept many of us going.

FYHBFYHBabout 5 years ago
Missing you

Remembering many missed holidays and holydays I missed because of deployments.

But also rememebering someone had to do it and as senior individual I felt it was my duty. The Old Sarge...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You Got It Right!

The terms used. The way each of the men are address each other in rank and status...all good. You’ve made a tired old Ranger yearn for the camaraderie of those interludes. Thank you.

Vampire Possum one-zero

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank You For A Memorable Story

Your description brought back memories. Hope was defined in counting down days.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

Brought back too many memories. If you never been in a combat zone (or in the military) over Christmas you will not get it - it is they loneliest place in the world even when you're surrounded by your comrades. Getting letters like this (or any letters) is what keeps us going over holidays. The worst is getting a Dear-John at Christmas (so many suicides); I only hope the offending spouse reaps the wrath of hell for doing it to their military spouse.

There is a good Hallmark movie that expresses what a letter can do for a military member in combat, 'The Christmas Card' that always makes me melancholy. I came home wounded to the dear john.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Great story. I echo the comments of other veterans about this story. Being far away for too many Christmases is one of the toughest times a soldier faces. I love your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just tremendous

Thank you for this poignant story of faithful love stretching from a war zone to “The World”! I’m remembering a similar experience during my year in ‘Nam over 50 years ago...still with the same wife! Anyway, thanks again for sending me down memory lane!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
What's not to like? 5*****

Every man should be blessed with a wife like that.

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198about 3 years ago

So bloody disgusting that this is the exception and not the norm for military personnel from all countries.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 3 years ago

Excellent!!! I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.. but you did not. I appreciate. 10 stars, because if you know me, you know i can't count, and you know I constantly bitch about the scoring system. The Bear approves. I spent a year in 'Nam, and left my fiance alone in N.J. I trusted her her, but felt it would be wrong to marry her before doing. Technically, my best friend, her younger sister, and my 3 brothers all promised to protect her. They did, I came home, we married, and 50 years, 5 kids 10 grandchildren, her stroke, and my stroke,( and minor prostate cancer) She hasn't killed me yet. Thank you for a beautiful story.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Nice

I have tears running down my face.

Oh, it's because I bit my tongue very hard.

Ha

Merry Christmas

Five Stars

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

A story that deserves my evaluation and certainly my comment.

Literotica allows these trips. In the world there are not only sluts or sluts, cheaters, and hokey husbands. Condescending horns who yearn to be humiliated, eat their cream pies, or raise children who were raised by bulls. Or vengeful people who, in search of their pounds of flesh, ruin their cheating spouses and their cheating partners, even to events of mutilation or death...

Literotica is about relationships between people, complicity and love at different levels.

This is one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever encountered around here.

Four stars. A job I will remember for a long time.

But that's just my opinion.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

A very well written and moving story especially for this category. Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

cooorny...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for the story, reminded me of the Christmas’s that I spent in Nam. Some memory’s deeply felt and great, an some not so grand. Nice share with a fellow vet

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very touching. I’ll never forget the 1991 New Years letter I got was my wife telling me of her 3rd miscarriage. We were never able to have kids but she soldered on with me until she lost her battle with pancreatic cancer in 2013. Army wives have it as tough as any of us overseas ever did.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

The service to our country and the love of the ones at home are so precious that nothing

makes me feel better. Great concise story and God bless you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, fitting for "Loving Wives".

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

Perfect. Army Wife is one of the toughest jobs in the Army. A Loyal army wife is a credit to the service and the bedrock a soldier builds his career on. A loyal soldier is worthy of that wife.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

“ Anonymous2 months ago

cooorny...”

Not hardly. Not even close to your condescending remark.

Every deployed serviceman or woman lives for letters just like this. It’s what keeps us going. It keeps us alive because your loving significant other is worth staying alive for. This author understands that perfectly.

Shame on you for posting that. I can see why you posted as anonymous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As an old Marine, thankfully, this ended happy. No, I saw no combat. But I saw and heard of alot of divorce. So thanks. S. F.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I went into USMC planning on making it my career. Vietnam cured me of that. I saw some very good men But due to judges etc I saw dregs of society also. I also saw the way politics and career enhancement were more important than EMs lives.

Drugs, divorce, mental emotional etc played havoc in war especially.

I now advise grandkids not to go in until the politicians kids are not only in But are in combat roles

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Christmas 1984. I was in the Falkland Islands, 1000ft up on Mount Kent, in the middle of a 4 month tour. The shooting was past, I wasn't in harm's way; but none-the-less, I was 8000 miles from home. Every letter from my then girlfriend was essential for my sanity. In the last few days of my tour I was informed that I would be staying an extra ten days because my replacement had something more important t do in the UK. You could probably have heard my teeth grinding for miles. Got home in early March '85, married her in July. We've been married now for 37 years. This story is a true picture of what it means to serve your country. Bless 'em all - past, present and future.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

weird...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Never easy being away from loved ones in the military. Especially in a war zone. Many of us recall those times. Thanks for sharing your words with us. I never got any photos like those in your story though. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Damn, you made my eyes leak. Brought memories of holidays and time spent far away, counting the days until I returned to "The world".

chasbo38chasbo38about 1 month ago

So who took those photos ?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous