All Comments on 'Christmas Alone'

by Joesephus

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
Xman72357Xman72357over 18 years ago
Great Story

I hope you plan to continue it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautiful story. It started out a little

hard to read but by the end, it was wonderful. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
outstanding!

Phenomenal. (It doesn't hurt that I'm a Longhorn grad, myself.)

This is a very uncommon story for this genre, but it is an absolutely beautiful tale.

--- KVK

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story

The pain and agony of the opening made the love humor of the ending even better. Really good!!!!

JimDinMN

sacksackover 18 years ago
effective and moving......

Your writing is very competent and goes beyond the merely interesting. Good luck in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it

A great story. Look forward to reading more of your work

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
Good writing

For a first submission by someone who has just started writing, it was remarkable. In my opinion, what you need to do most, is read other writers AS A WRITER, and write, write, write. Come visit the AH sometimes.

Rumple

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Congratulations

That was a very good story, especially considering that English is not your native tongue.

Congratulations for finally getting on Lit. Your perseverance has paid off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great job, well done!

That was great! Well done! As a 30 something male I don't usually get too excited about this type of a love story, but I truely enjoyed that, Thank-you!

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years ago
Excellent!

Excellent story, Glad you were finally able to get it posted here on Literotica.

DG Hear

Richardc269Richardc269over 18 years ago
Awesome Story

Great story. That was a good one. You should write another part to this story.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 18 years ago
Thank you for your story!

Thank you for your story!

For such a young person you have certainly written a very moving story of a true long love. How you could know such true to life feelings makes me wonder who you were thinking of when you wrote this sad and loving story. I don’t think any thing further need to be added to this ending as it would dilute the feelings you have so very well transmitted.

The doctors have told my wife of 39 years and me that this will be our last Christmas together. So my emotions were over the edge reading your story. Thank you for your story and I hope you find time to write more stories in the near future.

aNAUGHTYgranny4uaNAUGHTYgranny4uover 18 years ago
Wow I never would have known

I never would have known that English wasn't your primary language if I hadn't read all the other comments on this story. Way to go. It was a beautiful tale, made even more special by the fact that I just lost the love of my life 10 days ago. I hadn't been able to cry for my honey but in reading your story the tears started streaming down my face and I am now able to grieve properly and for that I thank you immensily. Keep up the good work. Judi

rlg99rlg99over 18 years ago
Good One

For a first timer you do good work, I see no problems with your english and the characters stand out where they should. Keep Writing. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great writing

Made me laugh and made me cry. Your story is so full of emotion, love and the pain of being alone. I hope you write more. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Amazing

To write such an eloquent and literate tale in a language other then your native tongue - Amazing. To be so young and yet to be able to articulate the grief of the older married partner, now alone - Amazing. To fit it in to a short story and yet to say all that needs to be said - Amazing. To do so well on your first effort - Really amazing. Conratulations and Thank You. By the way, You've also selected a very appropriate moniker. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
HHHmmmmmm

As I visit this site from time to time I often wonder if some accomplished authors post stories here to test an idea or theme. After reading this submission I got that feeling again. It was very good. Would love to read if the gentleman takes his wife's advice.

PArebelPArebelover 18 years ago
WOW!

I only read this after reading your ending to "One Slip". The fact that I enjoyed that story so much made me read this one as well. Thank goodness!

What a touching tale.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
excellent

I loved the story and the way you put it together. You have a good way with words. I also liked the subtle humour too.

My very best wishes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow

This story is powerful and deeply moving. It explores the darkest sides of life and death, but still finds a playful edge. Very impressive, beautifully crafted.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Had me in tears!!

Well done Joesephus! Very impressive and beautifully crafted, I love sentimental tales with a sweet/sad ending. You have given us a blend of top quality love story with more than a little heartache. An old fashioned romantic master-piece that had me in tears much of the time! Hard to believe that English is not your mother tongue. Apart from praise, any comments on my part would be truly gratuitous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Why tears??????

Thanks for another well told and emotional tale. Why did this make me bawl? The beautiful soul that cared for her husband beyond death is an uplifting theme that bests divorce and the usual cold realities of life.

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 17 years ago
Joe,

only you could write such a beautiful story. Only you could make it possible for your readers to smile and cry at the same time.

You truly are a gifted writer, Joe, and we (your readers) are truly honored that you're sharing it with us.

Merry Christmas

jack_strawjack_strawover 16 years ago
a toast to the memory...

...Of a truly talented writer. Our community is diminished this holiday season because Joesephus has left us much too soon. This was one of his best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I guess Im getting old.

I honestly cant remember the last time anything has effected me so deeply as this mans writings. I simply dont have the words. Joesephus must have been one in a million. He will be missed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Wonderful

very effective. thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Fantastic!

Beautiful writing. This is the only reason I haven't began posting stories. I too want to be able to express such feelings in the stories I have written. Even when they are erotic! I read hundreds of stories to gain insight into expressing these kinds of human feeling into my stories, not just erotic sex, anger, revenge or humiliation. I do see and realize now that even as an amateur, a story needs to run the gamut of all human emotions to be a good one. I had thought that "One Slip" was a little bit harsh on the wife. I am not a true author or member yet- maybe time to try?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Tears of Love...

The forces generated from the eruption of Mt. St. Helens in 1980 pale in comparison to the emotions you've relased in this work. Tears are one of God's proofs that you are indeed alive. Thanks for reminding me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
nada

Thank you for that story. So much beter than most of the slurpy sex found here. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
tears

I am crying!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
What a waste!

I have only recently come across the work of Joesephus and was very impressed by the high standard of his narrative from one so young.

Living in Australia, we are well aware of the insidious melanoma, having the highest incidence in the world.

Christmas Alone had me in tears,and I am not a young teenage girl but a, so called hardened, octogenarian. I think, that in part, it was the thought that such a developing talent has been taken so early in life.

My thoughts go out to his widow whom must feel this story reflected her own life.

Thank-you Joesephus, RIP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What?

Outstanding! I have no idea how you would even consider a followup to this one. 5+

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
LMAO!!!

With a wicked wit and a good heart - luv your style describing Ginny!

Great story!

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Where in God's name is ROMANCE in this story?

Although this is very well written, it is a complete downer. The marriage relationship was quite extraordinary but the tale was too hokey. I find it completely implausible. Which normally is not a major obstacle in a fantasy but this was entirely too morbid. Especially involving Christmas, which of course is the time of the year when suicides peak. Perhaps you could've added suicide to complete this tale. My gripe isn't with your writing ability but your subject matter and you having the audacity to put this in the ROMANCE section. I really hated it but I gave you two stars due to your superior writing ability.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Go job I went through something similar in 1990.

slamdog1slamdog1almost 8 years ago
Save it

Given that the author will celebrate his 9th year in October visiting the afterlife I feel that your editorial critique would be better used on some other author's work...

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
OK

Yeah I'm choked up and tearing up. Dammit

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 6 years ago
So sad Josephus left us so early in his life

He is missed

VenustasVenustasover 5 years ago
Poignant 5*

More so considering this author himself died just two years later at age 25.

I discovered this author today and intend reading his submissions in date order. I found this first story fresh, moving and well written. Looking at his scores in general I'm in for a treat.

@phil2213 what sort of pompous moron are you or is it all for show? What is the point of your diatribe against this high scoring story - seven years after the author died? To whom was it aimed?

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Damnit

Choked me up and I'm having trouble reading.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Same result

as last time I read this story. Spectacular.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow!

Just wow!

and thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Today is New Years Day

Today is New Years Day 2020. My wife is sewing away on one project or another. We have been married 49 wonderful years. As I read this story, I was putting myself in the place of the widower husband. The tears were falling when he mentioned my wife’s favorite perfume, Sand of the Stable.

I have enjoyed reading all of your stories but this one will be special to me.

Thanks, Ron

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Loved the story mostly 5 stars

I do not buy the ending. Dating web sites are so phony that they are barely worth a laugh. THAT'S A FACT! IF you think a guy can get over a true love that quick you must be NUTS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
NO!!!!! 1 star

First off a blow up doll was a complete INSULT! To put a message on blow babe's asshole can only be appreciated by a BI or Gay guy. A dating web site??? Those are the most Bogus/Bull Shit sites on the FUCKING internet! I CAN NOT figure out how this story has a high rating for the life of me!!! Tell me HOW this story shows any respect. There is no humor in this story.

JoesephusJoesephusalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Jonnyrebel82, NOT Joesephus

My friend never deleted a comment so I won’t delete the very unfair 1 vote. The last two comments have serious problems with dating sites. I agree with their view of them, but remember when this was written they were new, attractive, exciting and very different. For that matter everyone thought of the sex dolls as jokes, not to be used! I love this story and felt moved to defend it. Or maybe it’s just that I’m missing my friend right now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

it made my eyes water...my wife of many years and i have had a similar conversation, from my part. i´m eighty. she, only sixty three. we´re both very active and healthy, but i'm likely to be first to go. she's such a phenomenal, loving, vibrant person that i think she should continue to have a wonderful life if or when i'm gone. i´ll bring it up again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rest in pease Josephus. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

lovely. i'm sorry he's gone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Incredible story. Brings tears to my eyes knowing author died at such a tough age.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What a weak story. What a despicable plot. It's a disgrace to men. The whole concept of this story is extremely disturbing.

What a fucken girls blouse he is. Just a useless waste of space. Such a fucken cry baby.

So what? His little world went off kilter. So what? It happens to everybody. His tragedy is not unique. It's not even uncommon. He's not special. Well apart from his weak pathetic childish crying and performing like a spoilt 4 year old. That makes him a special loser.

Grow up. Grow a pair. Just carry on day by day. All this weeping and wailing shit will not bring her back. He is just fill of selfish self pity with no regard for his kids. All this emotional bullshit doesn't demonstrate a special love for her. It just proves what a weak selfish piece of humanity he is, totally dependent on her for his own sanity and stability. And he is meant to be the Dad of the family. Those poor kids having to suffer their whole lives under such a weak spineless useless parent.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Heart warming, rare partnership, since of humor!!!

Phill double zero Pomass over edumacated an assnomeous Fok lack humanity.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous