All Comments on 'A How-To Guide for the Aging Male'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
Aussie_TeacherAussie_Teacherover 18 years ago
Where did I go wrong

I married a 23-year-old when I was 48! Guess I should have read this a few years ago and learnt how to have more than one young one at a time ): Actually, what you write is so very true, but many men seem to forget to treat the woman as a person first, then as friend second, and then, maybe you can treat them to a night in bed. Guess I did all the right things with my wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Christ, I'm sorry

Dinsmore:

Other then having shaved my head for the last 43 years I flunked all of the other points you listed. I've only got 12 teeth that I can claim as mine and I refuse to wear my plastic choppers. Everthing else you advised us to do I've failed at. I'm sorry but that's perhaps why I'm still a Horny 'ol Sailor (Retired). Anyway, Thank You for the belated advice. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Most enjoyable

An enjoyable read with some good practical advice. I don't think I want to get into that much home repair though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very good advice

At 53 I am really taking this to heart. A recent Vegas trip convinced me I have to lose the gut and do something about my so-so erection and gray/white hair.

Now, someone write a similar guide for my wife...

techreadertechreaderover 18 years ago
And another point...

Most of this is not only excellent advice for the "mature" man on the make, (I'm 55 myself) it is also good advice for the man who wants to maintain (or repair) his relationship with his significant other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Quite right

I'm a 31 yr old solvent woman with no baggage - and I tend to date much older men. Something about them knowing who they are and what they want, not being a fraid to be honest, embracing the fact that I'm not a supermodel but still am sexy and wanton. I hope more older chaps read this - I'm still working my way through a number of them

LutherTLutherTover 18 years ago
Great Advice!

All of your advice is great. I would add one thing - for those serious about keeping young, find a good medical clinic that specializes in Anti-Aging. Get your hormones straightened out (i.e. turn back the hands of time to your 20s or 30s), and then go do some serious physical training to get that body into the shape you wished you were when you were that age! You will find that when your hormones are corrected you won't need that Cialis to get it up multiple times each night.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
And for God's sake

don't run around saying "For God's Sake" all the time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great advice for men of all ages!

So basically what you're saying is that if you take care of yourself and you're nice to us, we young ladies just might sleep with you.

You're waaaay off base there, pal. A man of any age who looks good on the outside and even better on the inside? We'll be lining up, kicking down doors, and begging to jump your bones. We might not always have the courage to act on our secret desires, but believe me, your efforts will not go unnoticed!

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 18 years ago
Some points seem to stick out

I’m 57 and married for 39 years to a very sexy and wonderful lover. You raise some good facts about health, hygiene and manners and most of all self-esteem

One point you continually raise is getting close to the married woman with her inept or unassuming husband. You obviously for some reason want to fuck someone else’s wife and not find an available lady who might actually enjoy you for who you are and not the lecher you appear to be. I hope you can find enough self worth some day that would allow you to share some real feelings and an open relationship with an available lady such as your one example of the bank friend.

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Inadequate

Good advice for the city slicker. But not all us old cowboys live in the city and many of us don't even do the tavern scene. I square dance and round dance, and hardly do any liquor because of a heart condition, and don't smoke. Perhaps you have some advice for guys like me? I'm not looking for much...just a good looking woman that may be occasionally horny and doesn't have to have a department store to shop in?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
With reservation

Except for the incessant predilection for married women [some with children] this was pretty good.

It's interesting how much people reveal about themselves when they write stories or how to's eh. Or perhaps this wasn't really a how but just a fantasy.

How come you didn't tell us about the time you nearly had your nuts cut off by an unexpected husband or the times and money in divorce court? Hmm guess that wasn't a how to eh.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
How To

This is more of a how-to than humor. Excellent advice though. It always amazes me how many married men are clueless about their wives wants and needs. If they only knew……

Bridget69Bridget69about 18 years ago
Mature Wisdom

Just because you're growing old doesn't mean you can't do it in style and that you have to stop living.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Note to self

Vewy, vewy tricky...

Note to self: be careful of those older men who ask me if tomatoes are in season, and never under any condition accept help from anyone savy in home improvement...unless I'm in the mood.

voluptuary_manquevoluptuary_manqueover 16 years ago
A silver fox manque'

Admittedly I'm not unattached but the same advice to the single applies to those who want to continue to be hornily married. I've just lost 25 lbs with another 25-30 to go and the wife is tickled. This last year has been the best sex in I don't know how long. All you complainers out there can go lonely, for all I care. This is definitely a word to the wise. Take heed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Young men too

Well Dinsmore, This advice, (with the age-related issues removed), should be SOP for young men too.

I'll be sharing this with my nephew when he turns 16 or so. Never too early to learn a little class and show respect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Glasses!

You left out one other thing. Ditch the oversize aviator frames that were last popular in 1983, and have your optician fit you with something a little more modern.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 14 years ago
Good advice

Your advice increases the odds for us old-timers considerably. When a large percentage of the population is obese and unkempt, a trim and fit 50-year-old, who looks in better shape than an out-of-shape 30-year-old, probably has a better chance to make out with the mature ladies.

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyalmost 14 years ago
Older men ROCK!

Staying power, skill and knowing your way around is a hell of lot better than young and quick to rebound.

I'd like to add two things:

+Balding men with hair only on the side of their heads: shave it all off sweetheart! Leaving the sides only draws attention to what' not on top. Bald men with confidence are sexy as hell! Confidence is sexy as hell!

+Skin care: exfoliate and moisturize. Healthy looking skin shows vitality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wow Part Two

I do have to add that I am completely against subverting someone's marriage. Outside of that aspect, I think this was an awesome post. If a woman is married and unhappy, she can get divorced and I would be interested. I also found the shooting part fun - having toted a gun for 28 years. Hats off to the chap that qualified well.

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 10 years ago
Agree with Anon re: Marriage, BUT Great "How To"…

I do agree with anonymous concerning the attempt/coercion of interference with any marriage, just wrong.

However, what a Great read and humorous guide for the over 50 Male in need, or want…

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
tutorial on aging 101

and good old common sense.

A few updates because of technology might be in order, but otherwise points to ponder at all ages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love this!

This "how to" was funny and engaging and somewhat realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
See the steam rising off this pile of horseshit??

Do most of these pieces of "advice" and you'll get arrested in 2019. Times, they are a changing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just offer to share your Werther’s Original.

Works every time

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonabout 1 month ago

I can add to this.

When you become a sexy-agenarian, you'll find good looking young women will be quite happy to chat to you.

This isn't because you're sexy, it's because they think you're past it and therefore no threat.

The hugs are nice though :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous