All Comments on 'Donal' Ch. 01'

by kendo1

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Waiting

Donal' Ch.01 does imply a chapter 02 is in the works, doesn't it? Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Donal chap 1

please write chapter 2!!!!

Just loved it, anything historical and you.ve got me hooked!

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 18 years ago
A lot better than interesting

This is really promising. I'm very impressed with the conceit that a ghost can be brought back by ingesting seed; that's a really powerful sex magic which could well work in a magical universe, but which I haven't seen elsewhere. I've read your first two chapters so far; I think your characters are as yet undeveloped - one might almost say not fully fleshed out - but so far very promising: humorous, intelligent, engaging. As you'll know fine well and I don't have to tell you, West Highlanders of this period would be speaking the Gaelic, and not either Scots or Scots accented English, but that's a minor point and I don't know how you'd convey to the reader the flavour of Gaelic. So the slightly Scots speech patterns probably give the modern reader a better feeling of the story's location. Great stuff. I'll be most interested to see where you take this.

buxxxombuxxxomover 18 years ago
Donal' Ch. 01

I loved your work and am eagerly awaiting chapter 3. The historical details add so much to the story.

Tom CollinsTom Collinsover 18 years ago
So far, I'm really liking it.

I'm going to read Ch.2 now.

hugo_samhugo_samover 18 years ago
Enjoyable

Beginnings of very interesting and well woven tale.

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyover 18 years ago
Moving on toward the last

Chapter you've written...

This is a promising tale and I'm glad to have a chance to read it.

I see humor, passion, and alot of possibilities. I look forward to the other chapters. I'm sure their just as fun.

When I read Donal's character... he reminds me of an editor. Fun, Quick, and to the point. A good chap and likable fellow.

~ Red ~

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Brilliant

I enjoyed reading this. Love your characterisation and style.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
*taps fingers herself*

It is excellent, from a technical standpoint. From a mystical standpoint, it's intriguing. I personally would have done the flow differently (it took me a couple tries to reread the part about "the executioner" part of the mountain range in a way that felt right in my head) and added more detail (of course, I would -always- add more detail) but this really is a fine fantasy with some really, really nice stroke.

And that's more than you deserve... I still haven't forgiven you for smooshing me.

-Flutterbug Firefly

jomarjomaralmost 17 years ago
Your comments

on the threads amuse me so I clicked (so does your AV for that matter). I like this, and like CharleyH said, off to chapter two. But one question - where are the rest of your stories?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
nice

so far I am hooked, and that is all she wrote, yes?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous