All Comments on 'Love, True Love'

by Joesephus

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very nicely told!

And too much truth in it!

My beloved is in Peru right now taking care of her 100 year old father!

This story reminds me somewhat of "The Notebook" on a smaller, more personal scale.

Well told!

DJ

saw_man1saw_man1about 18 years ago
Much more than a grain of truth here

Having grown up in what Johnny Carson used to call "Gods waiting room", I have seen this terrible diseases effects countless times. It is heartbreaking.

You story did a great job of portraying that sadness and at the same time painting a beautiful picture of love in its first bloom.

Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
outstanding, once again

How do you do that?

Once again, you write a phenomenonally touching story.

Priceless.

-- KVK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
an excellent submission

a great love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A case of true love that has its

woes. And a great mind ravaged by time. Wonderful story, I loved the romance and the twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Impressively Impressing - KUDO's Author

I am told by my friend and other half that crying is a plausible emotion not totally captived by gender. This story demonstrated that as well as your growing talent.

You are becoming a formidable presence here and proof positive that this site can be a place for quite remarkable work.

Author - you are appreciated - more please at interval - With High Regard

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
I liked your story very much.

I will never get over how someone so young as you can feel the values of two generations before you. As far as English being your second language, that’s unreal.

You still know how to make your words and characters come alive in my mind.

I still love your “Christmas Alone” as it is a marker of what real talent you have.

Thank you for a very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Touching!

Great story as always. It was well told and had just the right touch of pain to make it real. I also have a Grandmother in that condition and it's impossibly hard to deal with. I like that he was told how her condition improves when he's around, even though she doesn't remember him. It gives a some happiness to a no-win situation that most of us have to endure (either as children or when we get older and become like her). Keep it up.

sacksackabout 18 years ago
very well done....

good description and you bring out the poignancy of the story very well...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Excellent

A very powerful story of love. You have a gift, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
It hit home

I just wish I had visited more

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Superb story, thank you

I enjoyed the story very much. I wish I'd been as close to my mom when she died two years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This was the first story I read from Joesephus

I'm glad I read it first. I got a feel for his writing and understood that he writes twist and with more feeling than I normally expect on this site.

This story hurt to read, but it made me feel good at the same time. Thanks

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 17 years ago
Whew!

Damn you, you are going to get me in trouble. I'm on duty and crying like a baby. Without a doubt the most touching story I have read on this site. Now I am faced with the difficult decision of dropping one of my favorite stories on my profile to add yours. I loved it!!!

Jenny

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great

I thought I would re-read all of Joesephus' stories. This was the perfect beginning.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
can't believe

that Josephus is no longer with us.... and yet every single letter in all of his stories was a molding of his very thought, of his very own self.....

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Beautiful Story

I felt sad for the situation of the

grandma and the whole family for the string

of unhappy events and am amazed by their strength.

I am also sad for the loss of Josephus at the start

of his career.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Truely lovely

This story was truely amazing and one of the most touching stories i have ever read. I am in my college cafeteria and cant stop crying, it is so sad to knw that such a great author and person is no longer with us. I sincerely hope that his family is at peace now and overcome some of their sadness, for his stories really have touched our hearts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I really enjoyed reading this, thank you

Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

this is too tragic.. the real life and the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Very beautiful story, but the ending part after the grandmother finished talking is a little bit long winded. It would have been much nicer if you kept it short and sweet. Other than that its just fine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Five stars!

I cried from the moment the old lady rebooted her memory. It was a little harder to finish like that... Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
verbosity

After reading the last story I took the author to task over his verbosity; this one more than makes up for it. I have been in this situation and know exactly how he feels; I doubt however if I could express myself as well, congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Memories

Wonderful story.

For those readers who don't know... Edna Gladney is a real organization giving the gift of children to those unable to have them. My late wife and I adopted Jacob from them, 38 years ago and I thank the universe every day.

While I am mostly pro choice I think both sides should join together to fund more programs to reduce the need for abortion by supporting mothers so that instead of killing their child that they should support them to allow a future adoption.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful story! So sweet! Someday she will go to be with her Coach. He's been waiting patiently for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy23 days ago

I last read this story 15 years ago. I still enjoy it and wish he was still alive and writing!

5

OldbuddyOldbuddy11 days ago

Lost my mother 3 weeks ago after a year in a nursing home. I'm in tears. 5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous