All Comments on 'Sacred Union'

by Selena_Kitt

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Would you write about Mohammed?

Going into religious sex and themes without warning is not a good way to do much except draw adverse comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary...

I am still blinking in awe at the delicious provocation of this story.

The provocative nature of this story is deeply moving, titillating, sensual, sexy and beautiful. What wouldn't I do for (or, more importantly, to) a woman like this. Maybe that's why I found her relative, Sophie Nevuex, so attractive.

If this is the way a woman longs for God, then why aren't more men lining up to do their part?

And your writing is always exceptional, a sweet and precarious balance between inspired spontaneity and craftsmanship. Yum! More stories! Get back to work, you frisky feline, or its the lash! As your initials are SK, you will understand when I say, "Kittyn, Kittyn, that's what I been missin'!"

SeaCatSeaCatabout 18 years ago
I stand in awe

I stand in awe of this story.

Your take on Mary being Jesu's wife will of course anger and disturb many, but they need only read a bit deeper to understand that this is true.

The way in which you wrote this is indeed delicate. You did a wonderful job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Beautifully written and extremely moving

If you were to change the names, this would be a haunting protrayal of a woman's raw grief in the first few days after her love's death. Keep the names, and it becomes so much more. There are so many things that one can read into this, and some may try to politicize it, but in the end, this is a letter that speaks of love and and the unbearable sorrow of loss.

Well done, Selena.

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonabout 18 years ago
Damn...

I am completely moved by this letter. Overwhelming is a word that comes to mind. A superb piece of work. I am in awe of your talent.

Brian

impressiveimpressiveabout 18 years ago
Gimme!

I sososo adore ANYTHING that challenges. ~Imp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
*blinks*

Wow.. on one level it's amazingly erotic, a love letter to the dead (I have a few, just none like THIS!) and on the other-- bloody hells... I can't believe it. Wow... again. I have no words to describe the feeling this piece evokes.

*Bows before the master* You've rendered the verbal volcano silent. Amazing, just amazing.

logophilelogophileabout 18 years ago
Nicely done...

I love to think about Jesus, the man. The humble carpenter taking on a life he didn't ask for and becoming immortal through our words. You've done a fine job with this story - giving us lots to think about in less than one Lit page. I'm more than impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
-

I like how you kept the Hebrew spellings of the names.

AphroditesBelovedAphroditesBelovedover 15 years ago
sweet and tender!

It's a very sweet and tender letter. Lots of emotion and love in it!

atomicsoul1atomicsoul1almost 7 years ago
Masterful Exploration of metaphysical love

This should be published

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous