All Comments on 'The Return of Dot'

by thearchivist

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
JoesephusJoesephusabout 18 years ago
I do love it, but...

The story is all there and you've told it with skill, but I feel like I've only had the bones of the story and not the meat. All I know of Debbie is what a wise woman she is. I don't understand Dot either. The day he died? Wow!

I feel like I've been given one potato chip. It's wonderful, it's good. There's no way I can make it better, but I still only have the one chip!

z00timez00timeabout 18 years ago
Understnding

I hope other readers won't take this as a slam to their maturity/

At first, this story seems to be lacking and I am sure it is for some of the younger readers.

I can't really say that I enjoyed this story but it was a complete work for me and brought to mind some not so happy memories. Not because I experienced the devastaion that this couple endured but because of my longievity, I have seen and heard of similer situations.

Unfortunatly, with age comes awareness of a reality that is sometimes hard and sad.

saw_man1saw_man1about 18 years ago
A great snapshot

That was a well written retelling of a brief time in these people’s lives. You captured the essence of the ending of one relationship and the beginning of another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stupid

Maybe I'm stupid, but I just couldn't make any sense of this one at all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous