All Comments on 'A Dish Served Cold'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments
wheel_man9wheel_man9about 18 years ago
Funny stuff JPB...

That was a riot. Thank you so much. I don't know if you were spoofing or not, but it was a great read and a nice break where the guilty party gets it in the end...Hope Grandma doesn't have a heart attack when she sees her little girl getting in the end though!! Thanks again for your stories JPB I do appreciate them and you.

mcwiiimcwiiiabout 18 years ago
Better than your normal drivel

At least you show some consequences for once

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great stuff......

You have, as always taken print and made a very good visual image and story out of it. Pretty entertaining and funny. Thnx, especially in todays misery and politcal situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
i new you had in you

outstanding you got it in you down deep.thanks for writing some common sense story.real people don't let betrayal and deceit go without consequences.in your other stories you let it be known that sluts,whores and tramps get away with evil and no consequences.thanks for writing about there is a hell to pay if you fuck over people.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Good

Nice job - short and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
First, the meaning of the expression,

"Revenge, is a dish best served cold" has neither of the meanings listed. It means that you will enjoy the revenge more if you don't do it in anger, but stop and think about it. Take your revenge after calmly thinking it over and making sure that was what you wanted (which you did quite well!).

(The source of the expression: Pierre Ambroise Francois Choderios de LaClos (1741-1803). He originally said it in French in his 1782 book Les Liasons Dangereuses: "La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid,")

All in all I thought it one of you better stories. The writing is good and the story flows easy.

Regards, DJ

saw_man1saw_man1about 18 years ago
Vintage Bob

Not a lot of superfluous dialogue; just straight to the point story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Best

This is JPB back to his best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow

This story of semi-normal people seems to be positively recieved by same. Would that it could be more often as the talent is there bobie.

bezelcrixbezelcrixabout 18 years ago
B.F. Skinner would scoff at the saying

that revenge is best served cold. He would say that the closer the negative respons to a given stimuli then that action would possibly not be repeated. That's behavorist Psych.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
Cold revenge; well deserved!

One of your best stories yet, Bob. If anything it was too short - more of the aftermath would have been fun!

rlg99rlg99about 18 years ago
Nice one

Paybacks are a bitch , Revenge was to the point and complete. They ruined his life so he paid them back in kind. Keep writing

Bob

LustHoseLustHoseabout 18 years ago
Far be it for me to suggest...

For the record, I have enjoyed many of your stories, JPB.

The title has been ascribed to "Klingons" of Star Trek fame; I first ran across the saying in Mario Puzo's "The Godfather." However, Dynamite Jack seems to have nailed the phrase's historical context.

The implementation and effects of the revenge reminded me of the Art of War, chapter 5, "...terrible in his onset, and prompt in his decision." The set up went VERY smoothly for an amateur; it seems to me that there would have been a significant amount of trial and error to get the recordings and video footage of the trysts.

Prolonging the distribution of information might have intensified the amount of agony Bob wanted to inflict on the perfidious couple. A little tid-bit here, a reference there, some curious phone calls from third parties to ratchet up the tension perhaps even to the point that Marlene and Brian would "cool it" for a while. And then, when things looked as though everything was settled down and the cheaters' rutting is consummated (whew, we got away with it, right?) Bob triggers the whole sordid mess on the unsuspecting duo.

Just some random thoughts, a worthy effort and a solid read. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Hot Damn!

Not only revenge that was served icy cold but also the punishment fitting the crime.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Just Plain Well Done

No superfluity, no illogic to the actions of characters, and no sentimental crap that ruins a good revenge story. I tire of the stories in Literotica that make the husband out to be a wimp who crawls back to "forgive" his wife for cheating on him. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Yes!

Love most of your stories and this one is no exception. Thanks to Dynamite Jack my knowledge has increased. I'd always thought the phrase came from Shakespeare, and my trusty Bartletts failed to clear the matter up. Anyway it warms the cockles of my vengence seeking heart. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I would like a follow up

I liked the story, but felt it ended too quick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well written but...

This is written well enough but since there's not a single original thought, pretty much a waste of time and bandwidth. Not up to JPB's usual standard.

looking4itlooking4itabout 18 years ago
Original ideas or not

I thought it was great. I love the stories where the husband gets revenge and this was classic revenge. Not the deepest story here but I liked it!

thanks JPB

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
How appropriate

Just Plain Bob is a man after my heart. What a good story. As one comment said not an original thought no need to be original when you can write like this. But remember there are no original jokes they have all been told at one time or another

funnygurl1953funnygurl1953almost 18 years ago
question is??

Plain BOb..First..you KNOW BOB isa gurls toy..so nothin is plain about bob..and ..um..you know a LOT about cheating..Has it hit yu close to home.??Your story was great..and well.it was good..

I sold my husbands van for 500 dollars out of revenge and gave two hundred of that away ..I wanted revenge for him callin cps on me because I had told him we were done..so I understand revenge..NOTHIN ...............EVER ..tasted so sweet..cause I'm a evil bitch..Keep on writn Bob..whatever the reason..Jean or aka..funnygurl953

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 18 years ago
Works for me

I liked the story, plain and simple.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Good story JPB

Sounds like the man got his revenge, all right.

The adulterers always think they're untouchable till they're caught and then, like Marlene, can't uderstand why hubby gets revenge.

Why do you hate me so much? Simple--you're fucking Brian.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Marlene

Bob I bet Marlene had a slew of calls from every tom dick and harry .

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Marlene

Bob I bet Marlene had a slew of calls from every tom dick and harry .

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Marlene

Bob I bet Marlene had a slew of calls from every tom dick and harry .

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Justified reaction

I'm glad to see he and Bev didn't wind up in bed right away like too many other stories with similiar circumstances. It may happpen in time but in the meantime they can share in a suitable handeling of the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
great

great

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
So Good

That was incredible ass hole never saw what hit him or her that was great i give it a score of 1000 for greatness

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
LOL

that was good. have an affair if you have to, just dont disrespect. especially, if you say that you love that person.

NiveousNiveousover 16 years ago
Good stuff

I'm sick of stories where the wife tries to babble her way out of a mess.

Even though she tries. All the husband has to say is, "You still here?"

I love it. This is what a real man is. Of course he's hurting, but you cross a certain line and apologies and explanations are worthless. And this story is a good example of that.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Well Done JPB

That was so devious to can her and Brian at the same time great Job.

keep writing these great stories.

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
SHORT AND SWEET

I loved it! Especially, the way Marlene acted like she was the victim. No remorse no nothing then surprised when he kicks her out. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good story

This is a good story. A little more up front would make it a top vote. The ending is open for chapter 2..... any chance?

Sharon

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
NICE!!!

"You still here?" LOL

hawkeye007hawkeye007over 15 years ago
great story

I really liked thid story! She got what she deserves. Most times the wife gets to emotionally and finacially fuck the husband in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
well done all around

marlene never even said it was just sex or such dribble lol

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
A Fine Consequence Tale

JPB can turn out any kind of dish. He is polyvalent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Plan

Don`t you just love it when a plan comes together--The A-Team

C_frommnC_frommnover 14 years ago
Consequences are a Bitch

Love the Story and liked the set-up Now the 2 Lover's can Consol each other. and talk about How Good they have it being Together 24/7 . Makes a guy want to Smile lol

markbellowsmarkbellowsabout 14 years ago
Superb!!!

Good anniversary gift for her parents...LOL

bigguy323bigguy323about 14 years ago
Now this is my kind of story...

I just love justice served. Way to go Bob!!

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
good bye chicka

did the door nobe hit her ass on the way out

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
RIGHT NOW A 4

maybe the sequel can move to a 5. TK U MLJ LV NV

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Very good! I rated it 4****.

I would have rated it 5***** but he said, "...pack your shit and get out of here."

He can say it; however, the fact is, if anyone leaves, it will be the husband. All the wife has to do is call the police and he is out of there, and it doesn't matter if he owns the house because she gets to stay there and he pays for it.

And, the wife can get a restraining order and he can't come back to the house that he owns. Read about a similar case at glennsacks.com where the man wasn't even married but he let the women, the girl and her mother, stay for a while. It is his house, he cannot evect them, and there is a restraining order preventing him from coming near the house that legally he owns.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
if any body leaves it would be the wife

DWorslut, the house is probley in the husband's name since he had the job, not her, so go and recheck your law degree back at the bubble gum machine.

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Brrrr

Sometimes I wonder if any of these stories strike close to home for some readers. After all, truth is stranger than fiction.

A rousing story of infidelity, plotting and revenge. It was a California wild fire, but what the hell? It's all good.

Who keeps the house? Well, that's a tough question.

A lot of factors come into play and unless a amicable settlement is made prior to the divorce, then it can get very nasty. To simply assume that one spouse over another will get the home due to gender is truly in error. For example, if the home belonged to the husband's family before the marriage, and the couple were allowed to live in it only while married, then yes, the husband can evict the wife. So could her in-laws, for that matter, although they'd probably have to evict their son as well.

If a couple purchased a home together, post marriage, and there are no children involved, then it can be as simple as who calls the cops first and whom the cops decide to haul away, or ask to leave. That can play a significant part in who eventually ends up with the home.

There are other instances of this sort of thing, only where the husband ends up staying in the home, while the wife gets kicked to the curb. It really depends on the judge. Judges are human too, and a male judge shit on by his ex-wife, might be more lenient towards the husband. Of course, that's a double edged sword.

Also, keep in mind that whoever holds on to the home has to be able to afford it. That too, plays a part in who keeps the home.

I'm sure one of the many fine attorneys reading and writing on Lit would be able to give more specifics and facts, so I'll leave it where it stands.

JPB has done it again, so no need to add to what has already been stated about this fine author. Other than, I enjoyed this story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
SMACK!!

OOPS -

BOOM !! lol nice shooting

imhaplessimhaplessover 12 years ago
Swwet

Short, sweet, to the point, fun to read, 5 for sure.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHEN IS PAYBACK JUSTIFIED

just about every time you are wronged. TK U MLJ LV NV

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Fun story but the ending is unrealistic.

Therefore, instead of 5*, I only rated it 3*. That is because a husband cannot order a wife to leave. However, a wife can order a husband and the law will back her up.

Adultery may be interesting but it is not relevent in any no-fault state and I believe that is most states.

Also, if a wife calls the police and claims she is afraid, they will order the husband out of the house and if he objects, the police will arrest him and take him jail. It is not right, but that is how it is. JPB doesn't have a clue as to how the real world works. Therefore, his stories, which could be outstanding, are unrealistic fantisies.

In one example, a wife used a knife and cut her husband. The police were called and even though he was bleeding, the police handcuffed the husband. It was only after they talked to the children who told the police that their mother attacked their father with a knife, that the police removed the handcuffs. The police did nothing to the wife but suggested that she needed theraphy. In other words, if the husband is at fault, he is handcuffed and taken to jail. If the wife uses a deadly weapon against the husband, it is only a mental health case.

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
That Which Is Done In Secret...

This is probably the worst sort of betrayal possible. To cheat on your spouse beast is bad enough, but to do so in the marital bed all the while disparaging him or her is simply unforgiveable. This "loving wife" is a shining example of selfishness, decietfullness, and a person with a total lack of morality. The so called "best friend" is just the yin to her yang. These two scumbags deserve each other.

It may not be realistic but the husband in this case showed remarkable control of his actions. He did not get physical, he did not lose his stand on the moral high ground, he simply used the old Biblical line to his advantage. "That which is done in secret shall be shouted from the rooftops." All he did was shine the daylight on the darkness that had infiltrated his life.

Of course, I do not advocate violent retribution, but it is interesting to note that there was a time when a man confronted with a rival screwing his wife in own bed had the option of shooting the bastard in the ass on the downstroke with impunity. It is up to the readers to decide whether or not we have "progressed."

LostchanceLostchancealmost 12 years ago
A logical outcome if anger is controled...

First I must comment about DWornok's remark. If a house is owned by the husband before they marry then he has every right to kick her out. As for the type of revenge the husband took I fully agree with it even though it would not have been my first reaction. With the way I consider Honesty, Loyalty, and Honor to be the three top attributes to living life I would have seriously injured or even maimed both of them if I was able to calm down before killing them both. His revenge was better and still left him with options to continue his life even though he was hurt he will heal. I really like the whole "posted on every craphouse wall" part of that revenge. Please continue writing as we all know you do so very well JPB

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 12 years ago
Good job, Bob!

Thanks for sharing.

@Lostchance: I would urge you not to even bother replying to DWornock's comments, it only makes him think his opinion matters and encourages him to do it again.

Sorry for the off-topic post, Bob.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Old Hungarian way of saying: Owl says to sparrow: You are big headed........

I read from circa 2005 a comment from JPB for a other Author's story. JPB complained about lack of the epiloge!!!!!!!!

BTW 5 stars but lack of the epiloge with the SECOND CHANCE (explaining for ignorants second chance= new woman, wife, girlfriend) I am sad........

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Lesson Learned

Cheaters never win.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
nice.

You know its a good story when it ends and u want more. This story had that effect.

phil2213phil2213over 11 years ago
wow!! Thanks Bob.

A great story well done. The losers get their shot. The cheaters get a cold plate special. I would've like to see the ending go on and on. However, the point was made and the story theme held ground.

Handley_PageHandley_Pageabout 11 years ago
Very Nice

Short, sharp and very pointed. Thank you for a good story.

But you left a plot bunny, I think: what happened next ?

TheGrimReaper81TheGrimReaper81almost 11 years ago
My dad always told me...

Never speak badly about other people behind their back, especially not your wife, children, etc.

This woman is just too stupid to comprehend.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Re-read this classic

I hate cheaters even more.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
One of the best.

Great tale of Scorched Earth revenge. He didn't just burn her, he burned everything around her. Great job, JPB! 5 Stars!

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago
burn baby burn

should have added one more page and described the aftermath in detail.

Lynn_MXXLynn_MXXover 10 years ago
Is this Erotica?

A well written story and judging by the comments, Bob has a sizable fan-club. But this is a revenge story and the site is meant to be about written word erotica. Although people can enjoy a good read via Bob, I can't see anyone getting off on his story telling. If I'm wrong, please let me know

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
awesome

"You still here?"

Perfect ending :)

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
KA BOOM!

One of Bob's very best BTB stories. Short, sweet and to the point. I'm thinking the cheating slut wife is going to need to move to another State - maybe another Country.

Too bad. She certainly earned her divorce. And the best friend? I'd be looking behind me everywhere I went if I were in his shoes. Payback's a bitch.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
2nd Read Through

Yep. Still a 5 Star tale. LOL

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 10 years ago
Me Too

Read It Twice

Love the last line!!!

Thanks JPB

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
great

Best last line on lit ever.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
This one...

This tale set the bar for BTB, and it's a very high bar indeed. JPB's best tale, IMO.

Yeah, I figured I'd read it again. lol

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Damn

Excellent tale. Never gets old.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
nice job

cant lose, good place for a follow up-ch2?

YathinkYathinkover 9 years ago
Definitely good for a smile! ))

Very good. Very good indeed.

Cold hearted betrayal deserves to see the light of day....

And what comes around.... )))

PS granted you'll get the crackpots, but you'll also get more helpful feedback and assessment if you accept anon comments as people typically don't like to attach their names to critical comments. And on this site if you do leave a critical comment, some whack-job will decide it is his mission in life to make it personal......

But then, if all you're looking for is good reviews, well.... ))

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Sometimes BTB Is The Only Way

I love when the cheating wife, after she is caught saying demeaning things about their husband, and doing god knows what with their lover, often things they won't do with the husband, say "How could you do this?"

How could he NOT?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I gave it five stars...

... It was well written and right to the point. Please keep writing. Panther fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
don't get much better than that

woulda like a page or so longer.

5 stars

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
even if

Even if the rest of the story wasn't as good as it is the last line earned it 5 stars.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN/IF THE DUST SETTLES

what has happened. TK U MLJ LV NV

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
"Don't get mad, get even."

"Don't get mad, get even."...That's a moto all people should follow.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
What KarenE said

How could he not?

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good

and the first thing out of her mouth was, how could you do that to me,,,, need I say more

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Got to be a sequel somewhere

The settup is rife for one.

skyink93skyink93about 9 years ago
sequel...

I want to see the wife and fuck toy slowly rot and die horribly like all proper cheaters should.

BrewtooBrewtooabout 9 years ago
Perfect

The title of my comment says it all.

firemanlitfiremanlitabout 9 years ago

I hung up the phone and looked over at Marlene, "You still here?"

You get 5 points for the last sentence!

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THAT WASNT SO COLD

its as hot as anything can get. TK U MLJ LV NV

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Too bad Radio Shack is no more ... šŸ˜°

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
don't you love it when

the cheater says "how could you do this to me"?

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
It is the sign of a good story told well

when almost 10 years later it is still drawing praise and comments.

The dated references are all over in this story. Who still has a VCR or even a cordless phone? And we would have to look far and wide to find tapes for the recorders he placed around the house.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 9 years ago
Chalk One Up For the Good Guy!

One the one hand,he has to be happy about the total,devastating revenge he got on Dumb and Dumber but,on the other hand he was just betrayed by,insulted over and over again by,and lost his best friend and wife. No amount of revenge will take the hurt away from that. (He also looks like a dipshit with it taking him over a year to find out.) In the sequel,he and Bev have a drink,fuck their asses off,and he becomes vice-president of daddy's company.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
Don't know how

I missed this one. One of Bob's best. I wish I could have been half as cold as our hero.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 8 years ago
As I have often said...

...I donĀ“t enjoy stories where the husband turns out wimpy or being a cuck. I always said it was - in my eyes - a waste of your talent. With this story, however, you have underlined your extraordinary talent to engage and entertain your readers. This one deserves 5*. It is obviously difficult for me to accept that an author as gifted as you engages in two totally diametral genres.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

a good flash tale. Enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I like

cold imagination, thanks. Good job. Scotty

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
I'll Never Get...

I'll never get how these wives will cheat on and put down their husbands, and then are shocked, SHOCKED! that their husbands are upset and seek revenge.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Low-Life Cheaters

Fucking skanky rotten cheating assholes. They both got what they deserved. Nothing. Of course one of my favs.

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Outstanding!

If only all cheaters could receive the same treatment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
rarely rate jpb 5*s

but did so this tale because of swift, (no whimpy, puking, crying) justice

this had a reasonable facsimile of an ending.

*****s

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
JPB par excellence

A great tale ! enough said !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9004 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...