All Comments on 'Free Speech'

by H20wader

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Way to go!

Free Speech,

I've often wondered the same thing. Why do these people read a story with a theme they hate. I had an experience with a young couple we had asked over for some dinner. We were on the deck talking he was talking with my wife and I was talking with his girlfriend. Suddenly he jumped out of his chair and attacked me with his hand on my throat, accusing me of trying to fuck his girlfriend. My arms being longer and stronger, I grabbed his throat, gave a good squeeze and pushed him away and the women got him to calm down...Jealousy, fear, a teeny weeny? I don't know but it seems to be something like that.

I gave him a flashlight and told him to leave. He kept callin his girl friend a "fucking cunt".

That's some of my take on it.

Can't seem to log in, something about my email address!

bobkit or lectric

biggene50biggene50about 18 years ago
I agree!

I don't often comment about the stories posted here, but I do agree about free speech.

When I find an author I like I usually watch for that authors' name, and then try to read everything by that author.

Hiding behind anonymous is for cowards!

Gene Gutschow

105 Abbey Lane

Toney, AL 35773

biggene50@mchsi.com

QuillmanQuillmanabout 18 years ago
Good point

An interesting article. I'm not sure that 'commenters' always hide behind their anonimity, and should it matter? Surely freedom of speech also allows for the protection of secrecy? The fact that an individual chooses to be identified or not gives no more credence to thier argument, but potentially sets them up to be (I believe the phrase is 'flamed'.) My comments are however mainly aimed at and in support of the 'loving wives' sction. I too have posted stories here, and am amazed at the vitriol and anger that this section attracts. Insults are aimed at writers often most unfairly as most comments seem to be moral statements rather than on the story per se. Some stories are excellent, othes not so, but I would hope that irrespective of this the writer is entitled to some credit for having the creativity and discipline to make the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well Done!

I agree whole heartedly with your comments! I would like to say in defense of some negative posts, that, given a good idea of the content of a story, many of us who are outraged at the "wimp husband" stories, would avoid them like the plague, and never start them in the first place! Unfortunately, story codes are beyond Lits. ability, or desire to provide, so unless we're familiar with the writers work, we start a story only to learn that we can't stomach them. As an almost compulsive reader of 49 years, that is extremely irritating. Given the frustration, and general pissed off mood this engenders, I feel it only fair to give back to the writer, what I've received. HaHa!

Your example was excellent, why read what you know will piss you off? Not too smart! For the most part I enjoy your stories and hope you continue with your writing. Good job on this one.

Tim C.

shangoshangoabout 18 years ago
I'm confused

I've read your stuff and liked most of it (whether you care or not)and left comments I thought were suitable. But how can an Author, who goes by a screen name bitch about anonimity? Free Speech is not absolute in our society (if you think it is, the next time you're in an airport, joke to security about blowing up a plane). To quote another Author, "with great power comes great responsibility". I AM NOT a believer in censorship, but if the Author has Free Speech, doesn't the commentor?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Only too true!

Too often the comments are about the commenter, not about the story. I think it particularly strange when commenters start warring with each other leaving the author to only sit back and marvel.

Nice job! DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Off the mark

You make too many assumptions. First of all, the 1 anonymous poster you villify throughout your essay never said he read all 83 of her stories. He said that none of them had an 'H' for hot next to them, which you can find out simply by clicking on the author's name. You don't have to read an author's stories to find out if they got an 'H' and nowhere in the anonymous post that you printed twice does he say he read all 83 of them. So why do you keep insisting throughout your essay that he did?

Secondly, yes, many angry posts are from 'Anonymous'. So are many positive posts praising writers. As anyone who has been on Literotica more than a day knows, you don't have to be a member of Literotica to post a comment; however, if you are not a member, the only way you can post is as Anonymous, since, obviously, you do not have a member name. You imply that to post as anonymous makes you a coward; does that apply top all those who post positive responses as Anonymous?

So many of the authors on Literotica are thin-skinned whiners (I am not referring to you, H20). I often post comments, good and bad, after I read a story. And I always use my name. Most of my comments are directed at either poor writing and editing or cliched, hack plotlines. Vry often, I get an email back from the author, whining about my vicious attack. (I don't consider asking someone to learn the difference between 'loose' and 'lose' or 'their', 'they're' and 'there' particularly vicious, but as I said , most authors here are thin-skinned). Or, speaking of cowardly, many of them just delete my criticism so everyone who checks out the somments will just see the rosy praises.

It makes me wonder what some of these writers would do if they submitted a story to a real publisher - would they call the publisher names, and imply he has issues? And, hey, Mr. Publisher - if you didn't like my story, why did you read it? (another brilliant comment often posted by 'I can't take criticism' authors - 'if you don't like this kind of story, why did you read it?' Um..because I didn't know your story sucked until I read it? Because I like the 'Loving wives' section, but I didn't know your story was in the 'wimpy no-balls husband who like to eat his wife's black lover's cum out of her while she laughs at his 3 inch dick' subcategory until I made it to page 2?'

Free speech is just that - FREE SPEECH. It allows Neo-Nazis to protest in the streets as well anti- war protesters. It allows Fox news and CNN to report stories in their own way. If you don't like Fox news, turn the channel, don't whine about it. And if you don't like people leaving negative comments, either turn off the 'comments' feature, or delete them. It's that simple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
uh...

There are many reasons for people to be anonymous...the most popular, of course, is so that they can do or say something outrageous and not suffer the consequences for having to take responsibility for it. We all know that. But there are other reasons. Take myself, for instance. I come to Literotica to read the stories, pure and simple. Sometimes I find that the story I am reading sucks, and sometimes I discover that I am really impressed by this or that author's style and creativity. In order to become a member I have to give up my anonimity and, no matter how big the internet gets, I am not ready to do that...call me paranoid if you must.

I don't join internet shopping networks, I don't bid at eBay or other auction places, and I don't become a member of any premium sites because they insist that I give them my e-mail address (at the least) and my credit card information (at the most). If I wanted to give them all of this I would open my wallet to the world. But I don't want to give this information out to just anybody...I get enough spam in my daily inbox as it is already. And, more and more, thieves are ripping off people of their very identities because we have become too blase with our own security.

So, yes, I will remain anonymous here as well as elsewhere. Sometimes I will contribute a criticism, if i am moved enough to do so, and it might be an angry tirade, but it could just as well be a glowing rave of love. It all depends. But I remain anonymous for purely personal reasons that have nothing to do with the content of my criticisms...I hope this sheds just a little bit of light?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
THANKS FOR SAYING WHAT MOST OF US FEEL...

sometimes the rants of these would be "critics" are entertaining. but usually they are just pathetic attempts to make themselves feel smarter, more incisive, or morally better than the author and other readers. most are anonymous and it is hard to understand, or care about, their bitterness. but our friend "NIGEL" he is easy, he has written 1/2 a story and when asked about the rest, e-mails a psychotic rambling response about the bias of literotica and how he sent it and was rejected, and will never submit again etc....anyway as an anonymous reader, who understands that I lack the talant to contribute to this site, I would like to thank all those who share their stories with us... the ones I do not like I stop reading and move on...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Isn't it ironic?

Dontcha think?

Someone who agrees with H20 about all the cowardly anonymous posters making personal attacks on authors instead of making points about their work posts an anonymous comment attacking me personally instead of criticizing what I had to say.

Free speech rules!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
Well said, Wader

Somebody who would read 83 stories and hate them all has a screw loose. Is a few pounds shy of a load. Is trying to think but nothing is happening. Nice house, nobody home. For the record, dude, I like your stories, e.g. John Conner.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
You at least brought up the subject.

If there were better or more category’s a lot of criticism would be cut out. People complain of wasting time on think they are reading a certain type of story and find it’s doesn’t even apply. Some writers give a quick prologue warning of content being specific in type.

There are many categories’ I never even go into. I believe DJ suggested some breakup of categories in a comment a week or two ago.

I wonder if people would be more civil if they could receive a response to a comment left. As for anonymous, it’s so easy to obtain a Hotmail.com account that are free and you may obtain as many as you want to remember passwords for. You don’t store e-mail on your computer and can keep your self anonymous that way if you like. Alas for the casual user this is not a realistic option the WEB site owner would ever agree to.

Sorry to tell you but I am a fan of you Mr. Reconciliation. I know you never heard that moniker before!

Lou NuttickLou Nuttickabout 18 years ago
Missed the boat

The right to free speech is not the right to avoid all consequences to what you espouse. Indeed, one may make the argument that it is the responsibility of those who strongly disagree, to denounce and rebut those views.

I am not saying that ad hominem attacks are justified, but I won’t say that they are never justified, either. At some point, if a writer continues to promote the same views over and over, especially when those views are debasing and dehumanizing, one would have to wonder whether those views defined at least part of the writer. Most, I imagine, would conclude that they would.

I find it especially hypocritical to see those hiding behind screen names to denounce “anonymous” posters. If they’d have the guts to post their real name, address, phone number, and place of employment in their profile, then I’d cut them some slack, but until then, they’re as anonymous as the rest of us, however much they wish to pretend that they’re not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
The Provocator Strikes Again

Well, h2o don't be a water head about anonymous accountability, its kinda like a triple negative while standing on your head pounding your chest.

You mean well and I like your openess but step back and look at the comments. In most cases but not all, the writers feel as you do. Declare your stage name as we have.

And my question is to what purpose - to what greater value that isn't served as well as by us exchanging comments openly in this very free speech forum. Correcto my man there is none.

I respect you and your viewpoint but beg to differ. I respect you for in my mind you have earned it with stories depicting variations of human lifelike realities and when called for with some level of consequence.

You don't disrespect and degrade every character, yourself and us with crude absurdities of debased non-human characteristics again and again without apparent reason in the guise of arousing thought.

Further, if people like that think we like it by non-response - it is just tolerance without value. Like a drunk won't ever change unless there is a negative value to it. Like male chavanism didn't change until the ladies spoke up. Like racial bias didn't change until people of reason took a visible position.

You deal in words as do I in my response. If your point is felt to be justified by your explanation and my measured counterpoints don't amount to much - most people will side with you or conversely with me. It really isn't about who we are but what we are and how we express it.

The sense of our position drives respect (or lack of it) and the resulting credibility that builds from that respect is earned not requested whinily without supporting value.

There are a great bunch of writers here and some authors of repute who don't know it of themselves yet. Then there are those who distain others and themselves in their work who shouldn't use this as therapy but get some. Then there are others who like to write suck and fuck cuz they do - they in large part don't disrespect or inflict pathetic humiliation just stroke visions. These folks aren't mean spirited they are just crazy and why not as this isn't a prayer site.

On that subject, morality should never be an issue here as once you walk in the door you gave up that right of mind. However, respect is a strengthy issue which is fair game for discussion here. Just because some jiggle their jaded minds with the crude absurd lack of it doesn't mean it can't have legitiment comment from anyone who chooses.

Lastly, who among us would write these stories or make these comments if a sign on our lawn, car and office explained what we do? Surprisingly, many writers and commentors could most of the time. Others would be scorned for their mindset. And all of that is ok but discussable here in this vaccume openly without recrimination - you know it works - thanks to the webmasters who concieved the parameters most appropriately for the total freedom of discourse and ananimity.

H20wader - you have done it again - provoked thoughts and expression - good show

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
How poorly written!

I am an author and an editor here on Literotica. I think that it was a terrible mistake for the Lit higher ups to allow a piece of drivel as this to get by them. You could have at least posted something that had correct grammar, punctuation and spelling. You repeated yourself constantly throughout the entire essay!!

I have to concur with one other comment about the infamous *83* reads.....where on earth did you get that from....and did we HAVE to hear it over and over again??? You perhaps, my good man, should not try to bring into reality your own thoughts as something that are NOT in the LEAST realistic!! Talk about boring, but I at least did get a wee bit of a laugh from it too, or maybe it's just the time of night and I'm getting giddy.

Well needless to say I will NOT be reading any of YOUR stories anytime soon if this is an indication of what you have to offer. Oh and indeed this will be sent anonymously because.....well because I can....Just another good thing about free speech.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Why I remain Anonymous

I am a regular visitor of this site and I don't particularly care if anybody knows that. I also like to leave comments on stories I find interesting enough to merit attention - positive or negative, I want to let the author know my views. If I make a comment about a story it is because it was of sufficient merit to garner more attention from me than the rest of the riff-raff.

But I don't have an account here and never will, hence my comments will always be anonymous. Why? Because I don't want to sign up at this site and hand my email address out to yet another webhost. I've done that on more sites than I am comfortable with out of necessity - the only way of accessing what I want to see is to register. I don't need to do that here in order to be able to browse the stories and leave comments - one of the things I like about Literotica.

Its purely a matter of not wanting the hassle. Membership of another site means another place which has my spammed-out email address in its records, another login name to remember, another password to record, more electronic red tape to waste my time. I don't want that, I don't need it and hence I won't invite it.

As for your comments on critics in this place - yes, a great many resort to personal attacks on the author. Is it justified? Usually not, but occasionally it can be. As somebody else said, if an author repeatedly writes about a topic that most people find objectionable then it is not unreasonable to think that this is a part of that author's personality. It may be a false assumption, but it is not an unreasonable one to make. It is then up to the author to explain to their audience exactly what it is they are trying to achieve with those stories and why they write them.

One final point - a hypothetical case. What would the reaction be if somebody posted 83 stories about Holocaust denial coupled with strong anti-semitic messages? Would we, the reading audience, react with personal attacks? Would the rest of the authors condemn those that did? Would the protestations about Freedom of Speech be nearly as strong? I am not suggesting that anyone here has double standards on the Freedom of Speech - I am merely trying to give people more food for thought on this issue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Ah, Come On

"(Spelling and run on sentence left as is.) There is no vulgar words,"

First you try to humiliate the critic by pointing out his bad writing. You follow that with you own atrocious use of the singular 'is' with the plural 'words', showing your hypocrisy.

Then you have the audacity to say:

'Humiliation is not my 'thing'.'

calflashcalflashover 17 years ago
comments

a few reactions:

First and foremost, free speech works both ways. As the Dixie Chicks found out insisting on their right to free speech lead to others imposing THEIR right to free speech to object to the DC's anti Bush remarks and "in your face" attitude. As the old expression goes, "Be careful what you ask for".

I do find it strange that someone would read 83 stories before commenting on the compilation. If one doesn't like it, don't go there. However, I do think the writer of 83 (or whatever) stories expressing a theme of putting down others shouldn't be shocked in the reaction. My only caveat it that is should be civil without obsenities or personal attack.

I used to reply as anonymous until I realized that most use fictitious membership names and/or e-mail addresses so the use of anonymous is somewhat redundant.

PorlockPorlockover 16 years ago
Good sense, well said

Thank you for such a firm, unapologetic expression of common sense. I consider your essay to be a valuable service to writers here. I wish more people would see it, and have the sense to take it to heart.

<p>

I also choose to enable the public comment and private email features. At times it seems a lot like mining diamonds: the gems are there, but you have to wade through tons of waste to get to them. When I read a positive comment, and just as much, a critical one that is also thoughtful and meant to be helpful, I feel the effort is worth it. When I have spent too much time shoveling through the dung pile, I get tired and want to just shut it off.

<p>

As I was writing this comment I found myself gradually drifting toward my own essay, so I'll stop here and consider working on that.

<p>

Thanks again.

notnamernotnamerabout 16 years ago
Annone annony mouses mices and meeses

How can "free speech" be FREE SPEECH if you are afraid to append your name to it? If you have to hide in the shadows to express your "free speech", then either your speech isn't FREE ENOUGH TO RESPECT ITSELF or you can't handle FREEDOM without the protection of "a cast-iron freedom dome" above your id.

----- This piece is a good enough read as is.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 16 years ago
communication over the net

Thanks for your heartfelt and honest opener which you created in your contribution to all the readers who followed with their feedbacks. I totally agree with you that the forums are a distant back alley, nothing like the main venue of the essays in evoking public debate. <P>

As far as the substance of your comments; my sense is that to the most part you were not dealing so much with questions of free speech as much as you were trying to probe what I would call issues of netiquette.

I got the feeling that you take free speech as a given but try to implore reader to adhere to a higher code of conduct. Initially I thought, gee, he is preaching to the quire. Those who would read this piece would probably all agree to it, and those who need to read it won’t. But I was wrong! People were surprisingly adamant even on the right to be viscous in attacking authors, namely –if people need to vent they will vent. To some extent those who were talking about people’s right to do so did not get the point of the netiquette. Yes we have the RIGHT to be vicious and nasty to our friends family co workers sale persons and the same (and with so much ease) on the internet). Should that be the norm though? People have the right to act like A.H, particularly when they perceive themselves to be somehow wronged or insulted. Is that the only way to respond? Can’t we choose a higher road?

IMO, you brought this question, or challenge to the readers. The challenge to the readers is to make a choice to behave in a respectful way (and still make even the most critical points) or be unnecessarily rude and offensive. <P>

As far as the reality of things, I believe you recognized in part that there will always be a part of the readership which would use the opportunity to vent –as if the feedback option is a screaming tunnel (I believe that every one had such a place at some point in their lives where they could go and scream to their heart content). Where else could people do that with impunity? If people feel so desperate that they have no other place to scream and vent, I say let them scream and vent and know that hopefully they would be more relaxed in real life…Just like that author works her problems with the stories she writes, some readers work theirs by ‘screaming and venting’. I’d leave it to the common sense and ego strength of each writer to decide how much of ‘screaming and venting’ should stay posted say, after one or two weeks. After all, it is not an op- ed on the NY times when someone writes “It was B.S.”, the venting purpose has been achieved, and no need to preserve it to posterity. <P>

I don’t see a contradictin between my view on “screaming and venting” (understanding the motivation but not necessarily recommending to preserve each of them to posterity) and my view on arguments sharp and critical as they may be which IMO should stay and be respected just as the positive reviews. ALL should aspire as I believe H2o recommends to be respectful in the WAY the do that.

Thanks for providing the incentive for discussing the always important issues of communication over the net.

jackiedanielsjackiedanielsabout 15 years ago
I Agree

Thank you very much for writing this article,I agree with you fully why would anyone read 83 stories they hated lol,I for one have started reading a story and felt I didn,t care for where it was headed and looked ahead at the ending found I was right and quit reading it ,it was a story of my disliking, I did not leave a comment, maybe I should have, If I had of left one it would not have been to threaten the writer or humilate her or him, but would have explained that it was the type story I don,t care about ,I do not cheat on my husband,but if I ever did and was caught by him and he reacted to seeing me with a lover by getting hard, and telling me he wants me to keep doing it so he can watch, I could never stand to have him touch me again, I would rather him hate me and divorce me than accept this, those are the stories I prefer not reading these type stories,rather than looking for them and reading them ,so I can leave a nasty comment to that writer, I,m just glad it's my choice to make,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Well done, H20wader!

We can certainly appreciate your insightful thoughts on this subject and "yes" we are one of the many "anon". Although, John works just as well. By observation, many of the direct comments from the "anon's" are most likely mean-spirited in a lot of cases but as you defend the right of "misty morgan" to write, we also shall defend the right to "free speech" as a anon. Atlas, for the same reason we have the slickman, the celt, bonnietaylor and even the infamous H20wader. We could disguise ourselves as mabel & wilber but who cares? Overall, your analysis was over due and gave us a different perspective and for that we say; "thank you"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Write on, Dude!

... Rich

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
I remained silent. . .

... for many years. I grew increasingly frustrated at the increasingly disgusting portrayal of men as wimps by some of Lit's better writers. I also realized I never read the comments from anonymous, for some reason they (in my mind) didn't count. When my frustration with a story's content (no matter how well written) forced me to comment (negatively) I knew a user name was the only way my comments could have creditability (in my mind). I was surprised when the the author replied with an even more terse and crude comment than the one I had offered. "This is really cool" I thought; "Where else but the internet (and Lierotica) can two anonymous people using made up names insult each other over the degree and quality of pornographic content in short stories?" And how on earth can anyone seriously take such criticism to heart? Regardless of how much "self" or ego the author puts into their work, it is still self gratification, not peer approval, that compels them to post their stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Lunatic ravings?

I sympathise with you and enjoy your ravings. Please, do carry on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A-FREAKIN-MEN!

Five star is just not good enough. Kudos to you for raging against the machine as I decided to take my own rejections elsewhere. I got exactly the same crap from both ends coming and going and am surprised you actually got this posted. What the fuck is a forum any damn way? As far as I am concerened stories, poems and essays are forums within themselves. This would be more suited to one of our formus was nothing but a signal to me to post elsewhere, so there goes something the douche fuck commenters here would have read and tore up, off to another site to bring their readership up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Free

It goes both ways. It's hard to tell if a story is one you wish you hadn't read.

I have managed to figure out some of the authors write stories that blame the victim and RAAC after a few platitudes they seem to think make a case for it.

I have also learned to skim the comments before I read so I don't waste my time on those mostly.

Nevertheless some author do try hard to make a case like that and most fail miserably and I think it is fair to point that out or another way is that it is valid criticism

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
i agree with zed

the wimp hubbys and happy wife sharing shit pissed me off after a whhile. there are some excellent stories on here , those i try to avoid. they have the right to post em, as i do to comment and usually avoid after . just like someone who's politics are different from mine (both sides suck in that case btw. in my case a close friend had a wife, now ex, pull things seemingly out of a story here . she lost big, only because he didn't care about the law or rules. it still hurts two years later, that's why i get a bit nasty , ive seen what really happened to people. end sermon

chucksavedchucksavedover 4 years ago
It takes different strokes to move the world

Yes it does.

The part of free speech that every writer, including myself, must accept is that the commentator is as free with his words as I was with mine. I have read the cuckold / loving wives / cheating stories in an attempt to understand what is so attractive about being torn down like that. My first reaction is that if I am insufficient in an area, and I truly love my wife, I will try to improve in that area for both our sakes. I cannot understand the man who lays down and says, "No, no honey, just take another lover. My satisfaction is your satisfaction." I read it in hopes to understand that man because I don't. I don't want to judge him as if I think I'm better than him, but I certainly cannot see myself doing what he does. It is a curiosity.

In my stories, if your first and most honest natural reaction was to hate it, then I hope that's what I was aiming for. I will sometimes create characters that are completely unlikable and have no redeeming qualities because life has those kinds of characters in it and life imitates art. Or is it art imitates life? Your first and natural reaction is what all authors should crave to draw out of the reader; a raw reaction, an emotional response or two. I'm not afraid to read something I find reprehensible so should I be afraid if someone comments negatively when they feel that way towards my writing?

The common thing is to back the protagonist and automatically dislike the antagonist. Suppose I wrote a story where the protagonist is a piece of shit for human being, would you still back him? What if the antagonist was the good guy? You want to get really philosophical, what if we are all creations in someone's mind, characters created by somebody with a pad and a pencil?

Mind blown?

What does it do to your psyche thinking that, with a stroke of a pen, you no longer live?

I say I hope that my Creator likes me and wants to keep me around for the sequel. Yes, if I will simply repent of my sins ... Wait, this seems awfully familiar. So if I am a made up character in somebody's mind and I am a horrible sinner, was I not created that way? Tales like The Iliad, The Oddesy, or Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope are the hero's journey. He starts off as an novice, gains experience, and in the end wins against insurmountable odds. Most side characters that affect his journey are generally not fleshed out as they are not germane to the story, but merely serve a specific one time purpose and never hear of them again. Well, I sure do hope I'm not one of those. I'd rather be the antagonist or the boss monster at the end of the game. At least then people waited all the way to the end to meet me.

I may come off as flippant, but it's a real question, isn't it? I confess, sometimes I read the cheating stories and I'm overjoyed that this oblivious moron doesn't put two and two together, but has the balls to act surprised at the logical outcome of neglecting his wife. So you travel all the time and have a pissed-off complaining wife you haven't fucked in months and it never enters your mind that she's might fuck other people while you're not there? Perhaps she wouldn't cheat at the beginning, but the Chinese water torture becomes a torture eventually and death by a thousand cuts is still death.

I am tempted to write a story, a good one, where every single solitary person we meet is a miserable human being you wouldn't live want to live 2 miles away from nor give 2 shits about. I wonder what my comments would be. I want the reader to say "Oh, he or she was cheated on? Good, they had it coming. I hope the rock that took out the dinosaurs does an encore. Fuck this imaginary world and every swinging dick & flapping tata in it." Yes, my goal is to write a story where you absolutely loathe every character I introduce you to. Then I want you to tell me what a shity human being I am for writing it and I'm a terrible author who can't write his way out of a paper bag.

But wait, I met my goals and elicited the severe reaction from you that I wanted.

Am I not then an awesome author? Are you not entertained?

Do I not borrow quotes from popular movies?

I'll tell you what, if I comment negatively on someone's story, I hope that I have the presence of mind to add at the end this little thought.

"If your goal was to piss off the reader, you met it. If, however, your goal was to make me fall in love with cuckolding and seek the life for myself, you did not."

" Hear ye, hear ye, I am a right bastard and the only reason I exist is to piss people off. My own mother told me she regretted not getting an abortion to my face. No one will cry at my funeral and the only reason anyone would want to attend besides the confirming my demise is for the free food afterwards. Attendees will consume it all right after they piss on the fresh dirt covering my casket all while they bond to stories about what a complete piece of shit I was and how they pray that there really is a hell for me to wake up in next to the same mother who didn't have the guts to drown me at birth."

I don't know about you, but I am dying to read a story with a character like that in it. I want to hate somebody that shity. Whether I want evil to triumph or a bad person to get their comeuppance, either way, fuck you, I'm reading it.

Maybe that's why somebody will read 83 cuckolding stories and then make negative comments afterwards. They relish being that outraged, too pissed off to properly spell and have worse sentence structure than Yoda.

Go ahead, read them all and make a terrible comment after each one. Only then, a true anonymous commentator will you be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too bad H20wader has disappeared from this site. It's nice to read a free speech essay as a counterbalance to the ignorant screamers who do no better than abuse an author whose fictional characters they don't approve of. Best wishes to H20wader wherever you have gone to and thanks for standing up for maligned authors.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous