All Comments on 'I Don't Want to Spoil the Party'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I loved this story

Nice twist and very humorous....More please!

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 18 years ago
Fantastic

An excellent, excellent story from a master of the genre. Thanks, HDK.

MinigalesMinigalesabout 18 years ago
A Masterpiece

A very thrilling story. Very well done--as usual!

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Absolutely great!

What more can be said.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Cute

I think the girls should have made them sweat a little longer. I also think the girls should have split the $900.00 bet. They earned it by putting up with their husbands foolishness. No cheating, no spying, no divorces, a true loving wives story. Kinda nice to read one of these once in a while.

noone269noone269about 18 years ago
Fantastic!!!

I was hoping for the ending you came up with, excellent story HDK!! Keep up the great work.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Nice humorous story

I thought the bet was more than dangerous. Physical health could well be in jeopardy with any loser. I knew what had happned when Ray brushed past him without a word.

Of course, it could have gone the other way and the girls allowed the bettors to shave them but I didn't think that would go over well.

A good read as always, HDK.

patricia51patricia51about 18 years ago
Giggling wildly

Wonderful story. Fun, friendly and I really enjoyed the thoughts about sex and growing up. Weren't we all there? Put a smile on my face that will last the whole day.

Patti

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Great

HDK, you do this kind of thing so well - exposing the foibles and idiocies of husbands, lol. A tip of the hat to a master.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryabout 18 years ago
Nice change of pace

Nice story, and you did it without any of the overused plot devices. Good job.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Nice

As always a very good story... I alway enjoy your stories

JoesephusJoesephusabout 18 years ago
When I grow up I want to be able to write like you

A master's work that shows a master's touch. Sigh, I have so much to learn.

wetapapwetapapabout 18 years ago
i'm not

jealous, but i am envious. and to take some pressure off, i just set a match to the woodshed, never did like the damn thing anyway. a fan always.

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
Oh my GOD this was good

I have not read a story in a long time that had me laughing at work.

First I started reading, and about 1/2 way through the first page I though "Uh oh. I've seen stories like this that got ugly fast." Then I changed to well if he's stupid enough to make that bet he deserves it. Then when we got to the day of the Party, I was laughing pretty good at his reaction. It was was "WAAAAAYYY" to funny.

Wow, this was the best story I've read today, and in a long time. Way to go.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Amusing

One of the most amusing stories on the site,it cheered me up after a wearisome day at work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great story!!!

One of the best stories ever on this site. Love your sense of humor. Also love your pen name and story titles.

Keep up the great work and thanks for bringing a lot of chuckles our way.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
saw the ending coming a mile a way

good story well done but I really did this one coming a mile off

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Enjoyed it

All of the anxiety of cheating without it really having happened. I enjoyed it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
How the Mighty have fallen!

How depressing to read a story this dumb by one of the best writers around. Does anyone think ass-hole husbands discussing whether their friends could seduce each others wives is either erotic or humorous? I doubt it. The favorable comments probably came because of the respect we all have for HDK's writing skill. He just proved that even the best can write a real loser once in a great while. 60 year old George

X_BishopX_Bishopabout 18 years ago
You didn't spoil the party

HDK

Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great story!

It's about time someone wrote something that gets the reader interested, without the same old inevitable ending! Great job, hope to see more.

Cyrus Mann7F

MacDukeMacDukeabout 18 years ago
Cute story

Cute story HDK! Almost as good as your philosophy of writing for Lit.

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
I enjoyed this story on the level

at which I believe it was written - as a bit of fun.

I expected the ending we got, mainly because HDK spent so much time talking about how each guy was fending off the other's advances on his wife. Then the smoothy just on the day of the party - way too fishy for the other guy to have prevailed - especially that she flaunted it at him to make sure he saw it.

But the plot devices still nagged a little and detracted from the possibility of a 100 score.

Even before the feeble device of the baby monitor I felt uneasy as they had their discussion playing pool. Although HDK went to great lengths to explain their 'reasons' for the bet developing as it did, I kept feeling it was too artificial.

I also had, as George said below, thoughts along his lines... "Does anyone think ass-hole husbands discussing whether their friends could seduce each others wives is either erotic or humorous? I doubt it." So do I.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Nicely done!

Well I'll be damned! A story with a little imagination. Actually a lot of imagination! Loved it and voted that way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

I always love the humor you often include in your stories.

Boyd

MinigalesMinigalesabout 18 years ago
Comment about the Drawing

In this case there are three men and three women.

To get a combination that works, the first man should draw either one of the two other women. The probability for that is 2/3. The second man should draw the one that is not his wife and not the wife of the third guy. The probability is 1/2. Since those are independent, the total probability is 2/3 x 1/2 = 1/3. So roughly every three draws, you should get one that works. To require 8 is pretty unlikely. You would have to be very unlucky. (It should normally take two to four tries although theoretically you could spend the night drawing and not get a combination that works.)

Actually since there are only two combinations (of the possible six) that work, you can just toss a coin. Simply, you need to draw between the wife of one or the other. Once that is settled, the other two are settled because there is only one combination for them that works.

If we have the couples Aa, Bb and Cc, the two combinations that work are: Ab, Bc, Ca and Ac, Ba, Cb. So you effectively toss a coin to decide which one to take.

This has nothing to do with the story. It is just that the eight tries drew my attention. They seemed odd.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Silly & Predictable

No Erotia, No Humor and poorly written. Just silly & Predictable

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
HDK, See what you do to people?

Judging by the later comments, I would have thought that I have fallen into a somber company, too glum to look and therefore recognize, good humoristic writing, and accept it for what it is. It’s their loss (I mean, missing on a perfectly good opportunity to laugh smile or giggle), but what should be recognized is that in aiming to tickle us a bit, a writer may find it necessary to shift some ground around. So, if tongue in cheek, self - and friendly others – deprecating, overtly bogus statements, are not the most erotic on this site, it’s because they may not meant to be so. I always laughed at the circus’s clowns show, can’t remember getting aroused though.

Fortunately, I rolled back to the earlier bunch of readers which helped me prolong my joy from reading the story itself. Here are some of which I enjoyed most. Risq finally laughed at work; wetapap burned a woodshed (!!!); Blue88 called us husbands by our proper collective name; Josephus became wistful and patricia giggled wildly… (Hope you don’t mind my good hearted little ‘spoof’)

HDK, See what you do to people? Can’t you do that more often?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Truly the master of satire!

As John Dryden said:

" ... to tell men freely of their foulest faults, to laugh at their vain deeds and vainer thoughts."

Or as Lady Mary Wortley Montagu would put it:

"Satire should, like a polished razor keen, wound with a touch that's scarcely felt or seen."

In any case this is what you do ... and I appreciate it more than any!

Great job! DJ

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Hilariously funny

It just goes to prove that you've never as clever as you think you are. Thanks for an enjoyable story, HDK.

acs_1acs_1almost 17 years ago
For fucks sake!!!

You are quickly turning into one of my favorite authors on this site!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
gr88888888888 story!!!!!

That was a real nice story!!!! Damn man, it was real funny and very much enjoyable!!! good work kee p it up.

afinemannafinemannabout 16 years ago
An Extremely enjoyable story !!

I must confess your story brought several smiles and a chuckle or two. Perhaps being of a similiar age and time as the characters made it all the more enjoyable to me. Keep writing Neighbor and I'll keep reading and enjoying. Yes, I am not only your age, but a fellow Pa. guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I can only say that this is an adult site

To write a stroy about immature little boys who are not even dry behind the ears is truly disgusting. That these little babies are married is a crime against nature and Hardaysnight must have been real hard up for a story...tsk...tsk...tsk...marriedwithballs@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another great story

Well executed, thanks

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 14 years ago
EXCELLENT

I can't believe I never read this story. I thought I had read all your stories. Maybe I have Alzheimer. That would mean as time goes by all your stories will become new again and I can enjoy them like it was the first time. Great writing. MWB has to remember that getting older is mandatory, growing up is optional. If MWB doesn't find a sense of humor I'm afraid he will run out of time before he has a chance to grow old. LAUGH it keeps you young.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754about 14 years ago
I loved it...

When will husbands learn their wives know a lot more then they let on...

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Too obvious an outcome -

But a very nice and well written story - which I did read all the way to the last word and totally enjoyed -

A story does have to have a surprise ending to be a good read - thanks again -

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago

An old folks story so I rated it 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Awonderful story so I rated it a 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Really funny story, I loved it despite the lack of sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hi DWmoronic!

I'm a human being, what are you?

Johnny1MJohnny1Mabout 12 years ago
DWornocks 500th post about how a story's characters are too old.

We get it already. There is no sex after 30, or at least there shouldn't be. I swear the kid must be 16 and illegal on this site.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
I'm in favor of Dworknob avoiding sex when he/she gets old.

He/She sounds old and bitter now. So stop having sex Dworknob.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Correction

I miss words or misspell occasionally but this was a major miss -

My comment should have said -

A story does NOT have to have a surprise ending to be a good read

Still a fun read

PymGordon777PymGordon777about 11 years ago
I lked the final twist, but...

Fantastic story! I liked the final twist !!! but...

... but, from my cuckold-wannabe "twisted" mind I'd preferred a "regular" ending rather than twisted, with Tom ending up fucking his prey.

Nevertheless, the story is really really good.

Thanks for sharing !!!

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Signal intelligence

Loose lips sink ships.

The money should be split evenly...by the Sweeties!

imhaplessimhaplessabout 11 years ago
One Really Fucked Up Contest

RE your comment on my story I don't really see any similarity at all except the idea of a contest. I did very much enjoy your story, though -- quite entertaining.

I hope you understand -- I really don't know if you do or not -- that my story was specifically designed to bait and irritate the large number of guys on this site who only like BTB (burn the bitch) stories and always try and find some fault with the wife. That's why my story had to turn out badly for the four guys, especially the ringleader Bill.

Again, entertaining story.

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
good one

Fun story and good job of leading the husbands, and reader, on. Fun read.

5*

Best regards,

-Pultoy

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Excellent

What the husbands tried to fuck up the wives fixed. And everyone was happy.

Very cool, funny and faithful people. That's how you know it's fiction.

Ha

Five Stars

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Fun story...

Well written and funny...

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

the mechanics worked well. making a bet like that doesn't have any place in a marriage, rather a way to end it. eaves dropping is another wrong number, if you want to talk of trust. the end worked out, luckily.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THEY SHOULD LISTEN TO THE LESLEY GORE SONG

and then begin their individual soliloquys alone. TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
The Money

I think each husband should give the $300 to his wife.

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
good story

liked it because it showed how immature adults really are. their in their 40's and not only do they bet on fidelity, but the wives are so viscous that they torment their own marriage. I wonder how they would have felt had the tables been turned on them. let the guys hear how every time they get together, they disparage their husbands. how long would the marriage last? these are supposedly mature adults, yet I hear this type of thing a lot. usually at least one side in a marriage has an adult, but not in this case.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

a fun tale. Thanks for the offering.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Well written...but

Well written story but it should be an object lesson in how dangerous it is to make stupid bets about wives, girlfriends or anyone else for that matter.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 8 years ago
nice

a good one.

I liked the ending :)

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
this was fun

Fun read with a happy ending ... could so esdilh have ended in tears... be warned

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
oops

I need an editor .... that should read 'so easily'

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 8 years ago
Real winner is the author.

I didn't think there was a way to get to a legitimate happy ending in a "stupid chastity bet" story, but dang if HDK didn't find it. Well done!

thebug37thebug37about 8 years ago
Wanna Bet

Hey, don't go for a nipple ring - get both sides of her labia engaged with a lovely gold ring. That is what looks great - oh, she already had the nipple rings.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
An ancient tale

But still a lot of fun!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
It was funny but predictable

Still enjoyed it.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
A Nobel prize it ain't

but he didn't write stories. He merely invented dynamite and donated the prizes. Want a laugh? Just light the fuse and wait. Good story, HDK, I got a chuckle out of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting

But a crappy story. U can do a lot better than that piece of shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Pure fun

You come up with some wonderful premises. I'd enjoy how you write even if the premises are sometimes not novel, but when you do both ... 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hey, I enjoyed it!

A fun read.

jtaylor

spitefire130spitefire130over 5 years ago
carry on writing

A little predictable but a fun story. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another

Another nothing story.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good one

Another HDK story to enjoy and laugh at.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fun read, though I saw the end at the beginning

At least you didn't pad it out and make it 4 pages.

My only personal stance on this is, these guys are also incredibly stupid to play with fire like that. Getting into territory like that in real life would be a death stroke to any real relationship. It's giving a hall pass on the marriages to allow a seduction to take place. If the women didn't know, and one of them was in for a seduction, then it would destroy the marriage, and the friendships of the 3 couples.

But it was still a fun read, and a good burn. And everybody got to live happily ever after.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Nice. I was kind of worried at first, but for some reason when the reveal in the bedroom, and he saw she was shaved, I figured it out, or at least hoped I'd figured it out.

I'm going down the list of stories with this author. I'm lazy and have been at it for a couple of days. I'll kick myself when I'm done and don't have any more to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Some just...

Don't learn their lessons.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Just

Just a load of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The lesson learned by the men?

Was that they ALL really, really needed divorces. I'm thinking over the new year they all got what they wanted. I wonder how the ex-wives thought their plan turned out?

AlericAlericalmost 4 years ago
I knew

As soon as they made the bet I knew how it would play out, I just figured the wives would do it sooner.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
You're a funny guy HDK

And you like surprise endings.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Dumb added! Women are smarter.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Good twist.

I've read some of those stories where husbands bet their wives, or bet who can seduce a wife, and they have to be the dumbest bit of trash imaginable. Finally, a version that is worth reading! Thank you.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good story

I still don't care for bet stories, but this was a pretty good one.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed that one.

These type are really generally useless and stupid but good on you for this little bit of fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok. Stupid story line. No way 3 good friends, decide to risk their happy lives, on a stupid bet. Besides that, asking one on your friends wives to shave their Pusey, would def get your balls cut off, when she goes to your wife, with that information. Think of all the issues divorced men on this site have to go through. Is it really possible, that 3 of them, decide to put themselves in a position to lose everything, for no reason? Also, let’s say one of them fucks a wife. And the wife likes it. There goes at least two marriages. Remember, men have limited resources in their lives. Unless he is a “ 10” , or rich, getting a divorce is going to severely limit his s x life, and ability, to keep up his standard of living. It is a working man’s worst fear, and a reason why this stupid bet, would never take place.....2 stars

Slick742Slick742over 2 years ago

Fun but predicable. Thanks

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

I think we all saw that coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I made a stupid wager like that and lived to regret it. The bet was only about getting to see the other wife's boobs. I got no where with his wife and figured he got nothing too. Then one night at a party, I saw my wife, naked except for her panties, down on her knees sucking this guy's cock. It turned out that he had got her to show him her boobs several months ago and then progressed to blowjobs and then fucking. They'd been going to lunch together for over three months. Every day, she would strip to the waist and suck his cock in the car on the way to lunch and then again on the way back. They had also gotten a motel room many times where he would fuck her all afternoon. They also would get together when I was out of town. She estimated that he came in her mouth over 150 times and fucked her about 50 times. The moral here is don't make stupid bets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’m being nice by giving this 3 stars. Expected more from the title tho I admit your story line was novel, but not enough to be totally comfy with the 3 stars, but I didn’t totally dislike the story to give it 2 stars. — Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked the story but not the subject, such wagers ruin lives and rip families to shreds. My family was not included in such a wager but 2 out of 4 friends ended up divorced over one. Macho BS isn't worth it at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You guys are really foolish enough to do something like that. My brother got divorced over a stupid bet about his wife. Well written and told clearly. A nice read indeed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was quite refreshing. Thumbs up

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cosi fan tutte

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

This kind of stupidity runs rampant in society. Often times fueled by booze also. Men need to learn they will never win, and in fact not even be competitive in any situation remotely similar to this. Lots of lives, likely millions, have been ruined by behavior like this.

IJS0904IJS0904over 1 year ago

Very entertaining way to deal with a bad bet. Nicely done.

Harvey8910Harvey8910about 1 year ago

This was a great story. I loved it that the women found out about the bet and they all shaved their pussies the morning of the pool party. It was a stupid bet and I hope that such a bet is never made again among this group. Great story. Five stars, for sure!!!

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

One of the guys, or all 3 should have offered their target wife $900 right off the bat to shave her pubes. They’d all be winners, although out $900 each.

miket0422miket042212 months ago

Not the sharpest group of guys.

When voting on the 4th of July party Greg says the vote was close but, he lost by one vote 😂🤣😂

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

4 Stars, interesting bet between these idiots, betting on which of their wives were gonna cave first. Nice way to get revenge on their husbands and oh, by the way the wives should claim the money on the bet.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Of course the morons get the hot loyal wives but the real good eggs get the cheating sluts. At least that's the general experience in the LW pool from what I've seen.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Absolutely fkn hilarious. Brilliant story. 👏 BardnotBard

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7121 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

story TAGS