All Comments on 'My Take on Writing a Female Orgasm'

by RedHairedandFriendly

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Your subject was limited to the orgasm, but

DC:

Having read all of your stories I have to say that what sets the female authors apart from we mere males is the female orgasm since we can't feel it. We can only observe and write based on that observation. It is usually equally true that the female authors are also better at the build up and the aftermath and that's what makes the package so good: It flows; building up, The big "O," and the loving aftermath. Thank You. Ronnie W.

rgraham666rgraham666about 18 years ago
Thanks

It's given me much to consider when I write my own work.

Well done.

duddle146duddle146about 18 years ago
A Wonderful How-To -

Red,

Thanks for trying to explain something that us guys can never experience. Usually when asked a sweet satisfied female will say, "That felt real nice." "That felt so good." But you dear lady, have given all us male writers some insights. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Always nice...

To gain good info about a subject, I for one would like to express in better terms.

Must admit, in a more lighthearted vein, that it will make me think differently about songs with words like.

“Red is the colour of my true love's hair, in the morning, when I rise.”

My best wishes

DarkniciadDarkniciadalmost 18 years ago
Always good to have first hand insight

You can never have enough information to write something you can't experience, and this is an excellent resource.

The snippets just make me anticipate your full stories as well. Excellent!

LadySoketLadySoketover 17 years ago
Nice Work

Red,

Nice work there. ;) I, as a female, often get stuck on what words to use to convey the orgasm.(Of Either Males or females.) I will certainly keep this how-to in mind as I write my stories.

Kind Regards,

LadySoket

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
thanks

I was stuck in my own story for a bf on that very subject, and your post gave me some ideas so I can finish it, thanks!

UncleBunUncleBunover 16 years ago
Thanks for This

As a male writer I have been aware that there is a very real difference in the way women handle organsims and certainly on how they prefer to read about erotica in general. You piece was a great in sight and I thank you for your honesty

ThorillaThorillaabout 16 years ago
excellent stuff

As a female writer I can only write about my own experiences and find it difficult to describe anything new. My 'female orgasm descriptions' are a bit pedestrian I feel, and need beefing-up, figuratively. Please read my DAVID'S TALL GIRLS SCHOOL CHAPTER 11, and you can see what I mean. Thanks for your advice. Your article was great b t w regards THORILLA

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Full of great ideas

Thank you for writing this. I loved how you included examples of different types of orgasms to highlight the contrasts between them. Never thought of using color to describe the feelings before either. Definitely an article I'll be referring to again as I write my own stories.

mitchawamitchawaover 13 years ago
Female orgasm

I still don't know what a female orgasm feels like, but I have a much better idea of how to write about it. This is a well written, well exampled, and well explained function of the female body. No male writer of erotic romance should miss the information and the writing of this article.

battleaxe_babebattleaxe_babeover 12 years ago

Amazing article, a very good lesson on writing. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hmm, a lesson on over-writing

Your examples are good but, in my opinion, overly verbose. Perhaps this comes from my longstanding annoyance with overly descriptive writing. No, i don't care if the dildo is peach coloured, ill use my imagination. I dont need a half page description of the grass she is lying on, i just need to know enough character and situation to fill in the gaps myself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Loved the examples

Esp. the last one

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 9 years ago
THANKS!

I suspect a lot of writers on this site could use the info in this article. I'm sure going to try working your tips into my work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Helpful!

Thank you for this well written, descriptive writing tool. I am a new writer, and have struggled to come up with different words, and phrases to describe the male, and female orgasm. I will save this and refer to it as I try to learn how to write erotica. I now look forward to reading your stories.

LustAndDepravityLustAndDepravityover 8 years ago
THANKS :)

This article was very helpful. The last example had me all hot and bothered . Thanks again .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
newbie

this has been very useful.. im trying a fresh start here and i have come across to this great piece of art. thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

About this "screaming." Does anyone actually and truly scream? Think about it.

TheNaughtyCraftsmanTheNaughtyCraftsmanalmost 8 years ago
Yes they actually do scream

My wife would be the prime example of a screamer, so they do in fact exist.

don89048don89048about 6 years ago
Thanks!

I'm one of those males who once in a while tries to write about orgasm. Frankly I have plenty of trouble writing about the male version so the female version is just that much more difficult. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

fuck_janniesfuck_janniesover 3 years ago
Colors!

Loved the part about the colors. Female orgasms are a wonder to experience, even as a direct observer. Putting it into words is tricky, but you have some great examples here. Thanks!

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Very helpful, thank you!

SlonEazySlonEazyalmost 3 years ago

Thanks. Very helpful, especially when I try to write from a female pov.

Client8Client8almost 3 years ago

Good point on the colors

LargoKittLargoKittover 2 years ago

Red, I am curious about something. In your examples above you mostly write in the third person. So, to me the characters become a bit stylized as we watch the action from the outside of both their bodies. You have one example in the first person, but it moves a bit to third as you describe the male lover. Suppose you rewrote all those examples truly from your own point of view. What does your skin feel like with a man's or a woman's body pressing on it? Where are you being touched? Is his stubble abrasive? What do his eyes look like as he penetrates? Where do you feel it? Do you need it quick and light or rudely strong and deep?

Do you see where I'm going here? Maizie may feel the pulsing in *her*, but how would you describe how it felt in you? Though your verbs and adjectives are good I'll bet you don't use them when you are appreciating what is happening during sex. My guess is that you have very few words at all. And sometimes fewer, simpler words say more.

"No ...no ...not so... Oh no ... oh lord... you're so ... oh so deep..."

For a small forever she was lost, that hot push churning in places she didn't even knew she had. His breath was so fierce. It hissed in her ear. And as he got close he began to growl.

She wasn't ready ... She was so ready ...

yarnspinnerryarnspinnerr8 months ago

Thanks Red, I have been a fan of yours for years.

Although I admit it has been quite a while since I've read any of your work.

But when I came to a spot where I had to describe yet another female climax, without being repetitive and doing the same thing as any of my characters from other stories, I decided to go through the "How to" stuff.

When I saw your name I had to get your opinion.

And I think I have an idea now.

So again, thanks.

Yarnspinnerr ;->

MorevinilaMorevinila6 days ago

Thank you. As a male reader and hopefully soon-to-be writer, I appreciate your feminine POV. I don't think I am quite able to be as "flowery" as you but it has certainly given me some ideas. Maybe I'll come back here if I feel stuck when describing female orgasms. Thank you again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous