All Comments on 'A Girl's Guide to Bush Confidence'

by sophia jane

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
impressiveimpressivealmost 18 years ago
The line forms behind me!

Nice work, SJ! *kiss*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
bravo!

as someone who has always felt a lot of those same reservations you've mentioned (embarrassment at taste/smell/sight, etc), it's only recently that a lover is starting to convince me otherwise...

loved your essay. thank you for both understanding and explaining! keep up the outstanding work!

Aurora BlackAurora Blackalmost 18 years ago
Empowering

Loved it, SJ. Very inspiring and powerful stuff. Good luck.

duddle146duddle146almost 18 years ago
At Last - the Straight Scoop!!

SJ

As a guy who loves the female anatomy and especially the nether region (hey, yeh, I like that word) I so enjoyed reading your wonderful discourse. I just bookmarked it. I must caution you about mentioning you 'need a volunteer.'You may get every guy that writes on Literotica volunteering - right behind me. Hey, the line forms to the rear.*joking*

Seriously, wonderful How To about a delightful subject.

duddle

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Absolutely wonderful

Thanks, I know that I appreciate learning the "ins and outs"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I cant believe I just read that!

Well done! Good luck in the contest!

0ra11yfix8ed0ra11yfix8edalmost 18 years ago
40 Year Pussy Lover!

Actually I can only admit to 40 years but the truth is I've been a pussy lover forever and you've hit the nail on the head. If a woman does not have "pussy confidence" both partners only get a fraction of the enjoyment. There is no greater turn on than a woman who knows she is sexy, enjoys her sexuality and enjoys letting her partner know what is pleasing her. Well Done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Mandatory Reading for Men & Women!

Every redblooded man and woman should read this! Gay or straight doesn't matter. This is the truth and every woman whould be proud of their wonderful fragrance and taste!

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
A really good read

Very interesting. I thought it too bad you gave up on men and turned to women.

A man has the two natural penetrating objects for female enjoyment. Most of us men are more than happy to totally engulf you for your sexual happiness, too.

I thoroughly enjoyed this article---good writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
great essay

i loved your article because, as a straight woman, i have never seen a non-porno, real-life pussy before. therefore i always had those questions of "does this look/taste/smell normal??" as i grew up and learned and explored my sexuality. and i know many female friends of mine who are also very self conscious about their pussies. but you are completely right that most straight men absolutely LOVE the natural look/taste/smell of a woman's "nether regions." this has been a lovely and empowering read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
at last!

Thanks for making us all feel that air-brushing is not necessary. Not all pussies look like porn stars pussies do. Natural is fine with me, for myself and my gf.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
awesome

I loved this! I myself have many issues in this area, worrying that I taste bad and no one could really enjoy going down on me.

I have one tiny complaint. I don't think an empowered woman should feel pressured to either shave or not shave. It should be a person decision.

Oh, I guess I don't really like the word pussy either. It's overused.

Those two tiny things are nothing next to the awesomeness of this piece though! Kisses and hugs! Many thanks!

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 18 years ago
Pussy Pride!

Loved it, SJ! This is insightful, inspirational, and definitely empowering. I love how you offer your own self-exploration as an inspiration for other women. This pussy gives it two paws up! :)

RedJohnnyRedJohnnyalmost 18 years ago
How Do I Get My Girlfriend To Read (And BELIEVE)?

Outstanding essay. My girlfriend has isues of exactly the type you describe, and although we have sex regularly, she's reluctant to allow me to use my fingers on her and has yet to allow me to go down on her. She's very self conscious about her pussy how I might react to it. I keep telling her how much I love giving oral sex, but it hasn't gotten through to her, yet, that I'm actually telling the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Mummm Oh yes! There's nothing like a clean

sweet pussy to lick and suck before fuckig. I love a pussy and would be honored to lick yous Sophia. You look like you would enjoy it too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
This should be in Sex Ed. 101

I wrote a story about my younger days titled, "The Barmaid." In it I talked about Jean teaching this (in those days) horny young sailor how to please a woman. The one thing I never mentioned was the fact she was always worrying about how her pussy tasted and/or smelled so if she had a chance she'd make a head call to clean it up even though I constantly told her she was fine, it smelled great, and tasted just as good. My late wife was the same way, but in both cases after a few moments of pussy play the thought of bad smell or bad taste seemed to evaporate. Thank You. Ronnie W.

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyalmost 18 years ago
Very nice...

A great read Sophia. I wasn't sure what to expect and I'm glad I took the time to read your submission. I am, like many others am not always happy with myself all of the time and I think stories like yours and others that push women to accept themselves fully help not only me, but others do just that... learn to accept themselves and love themselves too. Good luck with the contest. Red

GaCowboyGaCowboyalmost 18 years ago
Outstanding!

This essay should be required reading for everyone who is sexually active or wants to be. Keep up the good work.

MunachiMunachialmost 18 years ago
great!

agree with what all the others said...

angelicminxangelicminxalmost 18 years ago
Wonderful!

Don't know what you were worried about, lol. No way this was only for the girls. I won't mention who they are, but I will be dragging a few people to the site to read this piece. Thanks for pointing out the "obvious", now maybe they will listen to me and begin to enjoy the pleasures of oral sex. ~Minx

John DoeJohn Doealmost 18 years ago
Another sexist double-standard

If a man had written the same sappy, self-righteous, pseudo-intellectual drivel about his cock (penis pride if you will), he would've instantly been labelled an oversexed, juvenile, mysogynist, chauvinist, macho asshole.

hugo_samhugo_samalmost 18 years ago
~

Thoughtful and informative. Thanks

Hugo

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 18 years ago
To Stuponfucious

You said: "If a man had written the same sappy, self-righteous, pseudo-intellectual drivel about his cock (penis pride if you will), he would've instantly been labelled an oversexed, juvenile, mysogynist, chauvinist, macho asshole."

I don't think so... I could see "A Guy's Guide to Penis Pride" as a great how-to... think about it... how many men do you know who feel inadequate about their penis size? I know too many to count. I don't think it's a gender issue. I think it's about... learning to bloom where you're planted. We can all do that, regardless of gender.

barepussloverbarepussloveralmost 18 years ago
Excellent!!! (Well Written)

Definiately a must read for all!! (Male and Female) Thank you!!

NamizujsNamizujsalmost 18 years ago
Good job

As a male I like it, good writing good info!

John

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great read!!!

My last relationship was with a guy who later went gay--you can imagine how low my bush confidence was, hearing him tell me that my nether region was "just gross" so many times. Your how-to helps me feel not-so-bad at all. Thanks so much for giving me my confidence back.

LoreLaiLoreLaialmost 18 years ago
BRILLIANT!

That was fantastic! EVERY woman should read this submission...bush confidence or no bush confidence. It's an eye-opening look at women in general. BRAV-FUCKIN-O!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
first experience stank

My first experience was dreadful. The smell was so bad that there was never any consideration of tasting. Some years later, on gynecology rotation in medical school, I realized that that otherwise beautiful girl must have had pelvic inflammatory disease (gonorrhea). Sadly, it was several years more before I found myself sufficiently aroused with an even lovelier girl in my shower, so that I was overwhelmed with the desire to try oral sex for the first time. What an absolutely delightful treat! However, if I live for centuries, I will never enjoy enough pussy to "get over" the feeling of having been cheated by those earlier years of oral abstinence.

So I have a recommendation for women. Get to know what you smell and taste like early in your life. Then if you notice a change for the worse, get yourself to your doctor. All through medical school and years of emergency room moonlighting, I never had a patient with P.I.D. come in because of a foul odor or taste. They always waited until the more advanced condition associated with pain.

I agree with everything you and others have said, with the qualifier that the woman must be healthy and clean.

Sorry to be so lengthy. BTW, your photo is beautiful.

chris 44chris 44almost 18 years ago
I'm impressed Sophia

I thought this was a thoughtful and well written piece of interest to men as well as to women. It raised and answered questions I'd never considered before. Many thanks.

Chris.

Softouch911Softouch911almost 18 years ago
what great writing!

This isn't just good to read but a great service to women, especially, to read -- personally, I've never met a man who claims not to like to eat pussy, but many girls and women I've known have been reluctant, or even turned off, by the thought of the experience. I credit good ole Carrie Condron who, at the time I was 19 or 20, taught me "how she liked it." Her joy in oral was such a turn on to me that I"ve found ever since that I love eating nearly as much as fucking ... and that's quite a lot! To leave cunny out has seemed to me that, either as part of foreplay or as the entire dinner, the menu is missing something ... and denying an experience so sweet is sexual malnutrition.

Great job, SJ, and a good service for those who need to discover the "thinking man's chocolate."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I agree

with what you said about women taking pride in themselves and their bodies and their sexuality. Unfortunately for me, women did not have this attitude when I was a young man. Having said that, I tend to agree with what Subfoconus (Sp?) said about a double standard for male opinions and female.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101almost 18 years ago
I don't know why this came

through as anonymous. I wrote the PC just before this and signed my handle. If you want to know how I feel about going down on a woman, read my handle or read almost any of my stories.

Boxlicker101

John DoeJohn Doealmost 18 years ago
To SelenaKittyn

Of course it's a gender issue, otherwise people wouldn't write specifically about men or women.

I'm sure you do have plenty of sissy dipshit friends who don't like thier penises. You're a woman, so most of your male friends are probably gay. Not exactly a typical cross-section of real men.

As for blooming where you're planted, that sounds like an excuse to slack off, not do a damn thing to improve yourself and just say "if you don't like me the way I am, fuck you". That kind of people are what is known in the psychology community as sociopaths or in layman's terms, assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wonderful

Until I read this, I didn't know a How To could be so sexy! Well done, SJ--great advice and very hot!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I volunteer

Wonderful "how to." I really appreciated what you have to say and would love the opportunity to see this 'bush confidence' in action.

Very well done, love

V~

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well done, SJ.

Delightful topic and very well-written.

Good luck in the contest!

My Erotic TrailMy Erotic Trailalmost 18 years ago
volunteer <grin

I enjoyed your write, I was wondering what Bush Confidence meant. Funny thing was while I read this my cat sat licking itself. Now if humans could do that we may not need a partner but we would surely have this confidence <grin thanks for the read and good luck~ Art

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very thought provoking

I think you've written something well worth being written. I think you handled the subject with honesty and confidence. I agree with many people here in that you've done an excellent job.

(One punctuation error made me pause and go back, but that's because I always notice those annoying things.)

Very well done!

neonlyteneonlytealmost 18 years ago
Inspirational

Excellent work at debugging the myth. I was blessed by my first serious girlfriend not having any hang-ups. We learnt together, as all couples should. Well done.

lucky-E-levenlucky-E-levenalmost 18 years ago
Raise your hand. Raise your hand, if you're sure!

"There is nothing wrong or gross or bad about nestling between a woman's legs and feasting on her."

Damn straight! Amen! Hallelujiah! And all that other good stuff! I am suddenly VERY hungry...

kbatekbatealmost 18 years ago
I Have No Idea of What You Speak

I'm the only lesbian in the world who does not watch the "L" word. Weird, Huh?

Anyway - Nice article. Little for me to complain about so I'll just say well done.

cherries_on_snowcherries_on_snowalmost 18 years ago
Great stuff.

May girls and women of all ages be able to develop bush confidence. :-) Great topic and ideas.

BelegonBelegonalmost 18 years ago
Great Topic SJ!

...And some very solid commentary. As one of those men who loves to go down and stay awhile, I love what you had to say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you SO much for this article. I, also have no bush confidence; but a boyfriend who desperately wants to go down on me. After reading this article, I feel MUCH better. Thank you thank you thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Depilatory cream.....

is my answer to the issue of not wanting to go to a salon to be waxed and wanting smoothness beyond shaving in the privacy of my own home. Get a product specifically designed for the bikini line or face (after all it is just as senstive!). I have always loved a guy to feast all he wants and then some and confidence for me comes from being smoother than smooth!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
did not read the story

but voted 5 anyway.

scheherazade_79scheherazade_79almost 18 years ago
Excellent!

I really enjoyed this! You have a very readable style that's way better than the shit you normally get on 'women's issues' in magazines. Fantastic! :-D

cherries_on_snowcherries_on_snowalmost 18 years ago
mentioned this in another person's comment section

but I forgot to do it here. I really like this read and think it has something valuable to say. TY Sophia Jane.

adam applebiteradam applebiteralmost 18 years ago
You've got the guys vote too.

As a guy, I can vouch for the male attitudes you mention. Any guy who doesn't like cunnilingus is missing out on a lot.

The only problem with shaved pussy is the pimples you sometimes get as a result. Girls! Please! if you're gonna shave it, use a really good quality shaving gel and a brand new razor. I also recommend Nivea after shave balm for sensitive skin afterwards as it cures razor burn, is antiseptic and doesn't sting.

I hope your article reaches a wide audience. It could do a helluva lot of good.

Girls - trust Sophia jane. She knows what she's talking about.

Guys - show this article to your girlfriends/wives/fuck-buddies. It'll do them good to read it and - hey! - you may get some benefit from that too.

JH-1JH-1over 17 years ago
Pubic Hair

Enjoyed your frank comments.

My comment:Girls, at least SHAVE YOUR PUBES. If I get to perform cunilingus, I want to do it on BARE PUSSY. Licking pubic hair does not do anything for me, and I doubt that having pubic hair, and gettimg it licked does anything for you. For those of you who think it's gross, I personaly think you're missing something... Try it, ya might like it.

AWAY, WITH ALL PUBIC HAIR.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
An excellent statement

As a guy, I loved reading the comments on bush confidence. I love to see a woman with pubic hair and I find performing oral sex on a woman with a bush a wonderful experience because it holds much of the scents in. I have never had a problem with needing a shaving pussy. I have had girlfriends that just didn't want it and I am sure the confidence is a big reason.

KattieLynnKattieLynnabout 17 years ago
Really Nice Instruction!

Very nice - and so much better than the dry "sex manuals" that we were stuck with for our "growing up" years!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
A lovely piece

I will admit that getting a good blowjob is wonderful, but there is nothing like the feeling of a woman coming under my mouth. Keeping it going while she tries to push me away, because her orgasm has made her too sensitive, and still feeding upon her is even better then that.

sexysmilesexysmilealmost 16 years ago
FANTASTIC!

Very, very well done. I wish there were more like you!

SparklePiSparklePiover 15 years ago
nice, but why not take the middle ground on pubes

Try keeping your pubes in a tight trim. It's much easier to maintain a close trim than to have the difficulties of full-on shaving. I don't wax or go to a salon, i rarely shave my pubes. Instead, i keep them closely trimmed using a mustache trimmer. There are many models to get, you can order a specific kit of trimmer and electric shaver MEANT for GENITALS from the internet, or just get a mustache/beard trimmer from W-Mart! Works great, once a week or so and you are always presentable without having the mess/bumps/discomfort of the re-growth/risk of cuts/expense/ etc. of shaving or waxing.

This also will make you feel more comfortable with removing the bulk of your pubes wihtout feeling like you are encouraging pedophilia in your partner. Many women don't like the fully naked look for that reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Could do without some of the "feedback"

Mr JH-1 from USA, you need a few tips about giving head if you think that licking a woman's pubic hair is the way to get her off. If you're licking the most sensitive bits, pubic hair doesn't get in the way at all. Having pubic hair is the natural state of a woman's body and it should really be up to her to decide whether she wants to shave or not. These kinds of demands from men can erode a woman's confidence and are definitely not sexy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
excellent!!

I'm a guy, and i love giving cunnilingus, ur absolutely right it looks tastes and smells fantastic and when my girl starts to growl and moan, grinding into my face it makes me harder than anything else.! what a fantastic turn of phrase u have. think i need a moment to mself after that

foldedpaperfoldedpaperabout 14 years ago
Spot on for genital topiary

You are just right - it seems crazy that none of my partners have ever investigated themselves so cannot understand why I so love looking at their pussies! Go for it girls - you'll get the idea in next to no time - let's face it the pictures in the magazines are no substitute for having the real thing under your hand or preferably tongue! I love the taste and feel of a woman's parts in my mouth!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Sensational

I wish every woman would read this and take it to heart. You are beautiful ladies! C'mon! Give a girl a thrill--I mean you girl! Beautiful! Delicious!

Just bring that thang over here baby!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
As a man who adores licking pussy

this is a valuable and much needed piece of advice. So many more women would have much better sex lives if they followed SophiaJane's advice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Sincerely, Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Expectations vs. Reality

I thougt this would be more like a tutorial on how to shape your bush, different shapes, whatnot. It's whatever. but I really loved this. I sincerely thank you, this was like a sexy, complimenting, very helpful and kind pep-talk. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
thanks

this was a really sexy cool commentary on a very sensual topic. I love it when my man goes down on me. wish it was more often and it is more enjoyable to me when I am smooth. And I love my smell and taste. Women are so sexy, don't let your being shy or insecure rob you of enjoying oral. :)

onepussyhound2onepussyhound2almost 13 years ago
Am a pussyhound2

This is a great story - and one that I firmly believe and wish more men would read and really get with the program

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
some like it hot

A full hairy bush can be a real turn-on for some of us! It's natural, alluring, and very sexy. Can't there be a recognition that many guys seek this in a woman?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

i love hairy pussy the smell,and feel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
helps alot :)

reading this makes me feel a bit more confident with my bush

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Yes reading this did make me feel more confident. My husband of 46 years always says women smell like fish. He maybe went down on me three or four times in 46 years though I always sucked him. Then when I met a man who all he talks about is eating pussy, and before the situation arose for him to do me, I started feeling less than confident. He said how good I tasted and smelled and how much he loved it. I still had my doubts but reading this helps a lot. Thank you.

lexluthrlexluthrabout 10 years ago
Fantastic

Even though I don't have a bush (male here) I clicked this story because I was curious about your message to women. This is a great piece. As a lover, I will always consider my tongue game as the best and most important tool in my sexual repertoire. Nothing could be more intimate to me than a woman allowing her man to put his mouth, tongue, face, what-have-you in between your legs and truly relax and enjoy. It's a huge sign of trust and intimacy that speaks louder than words to the strength of a relationship. Good for you for writing this as well as your next sub-story on receiving head. As a man that loves doing I love hearing that it is appreciated. You ladies have all the power when it comes to your sexuality. Spread the word and spread your legs ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

i volunteer,,,,,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic!!!

Loved the essay. Today's young men think that pussy comes without hair. I was raised that all pussy has hair! I love pussy that looks like a grown woman. That smells like pussy and tastes like pussy. I love it before its fucked and after its been fucked. I will eat a creampie in a second. Ladies, if he won't eat it, he's not worth it. Be proud and strut that hairy bush!!!

roveroneroveroneover 3 years ago

5 stars...! LOVE going down, really love it! that squirt when she gets off...ambrosia...!

and love natural...trimmed is OK for looks during summer/swimsuit season, but NEVER had a woman comment that she thought her bush got in the way of my tongue...

my first was natural and that's what I imprinted on...

really surprised there aren't more recent comments...seems majority really old

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous