All Comments on 'Delilah's Story Ch. 01'

by Sapphos Sister

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Chapter 2?

I really liked this story on an unusual theme and want to see how you're going to handle the rest.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 17 years ago
This will be mentioned on the AH.

There were some distracting historical inaccuracies, such as a clean-shaven Samson, a Philistine uncle named Ezra, and an ancient tavern being called a "bar". However, it was rather fascinating to see this odd twist on a Biblical story. The alleyway scene was rather intense and erotically rough (I am always fond of rough sex scenes). I would definitely urge a sequel to this work by an author whose work I will look for in the future.

Had to take off a few points for historical errors, but I was still very pleased with this story and give it high marks. With more research and thought, this author could do very great period pieces.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
The History channel!

Between "The history of cheating wives" (now going strong at the third chapter) and the story of Delilah ch. 1 (with an implied promise for more), I feel so lucky! I am getting my history and enjoying it too! BTW, I highly recommend the first three chapters of “The history of cheating wives”, although I am afraid that SEVERUSMAX may find too many historical inaccuracies. Details! details!

Back to this very enlightening and delicious history chapter. Now that’s a way to study both bible and history! Making it come to life like that. We should try it in our schools, and the level of attendance will rise to full capacity! As far as uncle Ezra goes, who can tell what names were fashionable at biblical Israel and vicinity? Maybe it was a cool name then?

Seeing that Samson was such a rebel, I would not be impressed by any assumptions of prohibition on alcoholic beverages which were supposed to be the norm for men of god such as Sam.

Keep on with your scholarly, yet steamy expose of Delilah!

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
Mixed feelings about this one...

The writing was excellent. The pace well and good . The biblcal history sucked big time for all the already mentioned reasons indicating the authors actual knowledge of the time and people is limited. But, this isn't Bible study is it? Normally, I would have given it a 100. But I just have this nagging tickle that fucking around with Scripture is just asking for trouble. If HE had wanted Deliah to be in anyway sympathetic, HE would have written it that way. So, I won't read the other installments which I am sure will be excellent.

Good luck and if I were you I wouldn't do anything remotely risky for a good long time.Use 2 condoms not one and don't go walking in any thunderstorms. HE has a very long memory! :-)

Cheers,

C

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous