All Comments on '3 Haskell Street'

by tak_sothoth

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
creepy

Very good haunted house story. The beginning, especially, is strong. The ghost in the photo was nice. The falling action felt rather abrupt, but over all a very good piece. Well done.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Horrific!

This Writer has the ability to draw you into his plot like a spider ensnares a fly in his web. Once started, this first class ghost story was enthralling. Terrific Write!

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 17 years ago
Mentioned

You've been mentioned in the New Story Review thread in the Author's Hangout!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Horrible

I know that this is what you were aiming for but that was horrible and sick. Biggest turn off ever :o(

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Not Bad!

I like Lovecraft themes. This was one of the better ones. The pacing needs to be a little slower I think, but I am not sure the current audience would like it that way. I am looking forward to additional stories to see what you do with them.

Kev HKev Hover 17 years ago
I'm guessing Halloween is also your fav holiday.

Badass tale. The style was rare and potent. This wasn't trying to be a novel, so to me, the pacing was very nice. The intensity of the story hit a ceiling near the end (limited by this kind of style, so it's hardly fair to complain about that). It was worth the loss to be able to play with the storyteller's personae, and if it got any worse, it'd upset more than our resident anon. (Though I give them half a cookie this time for illustrating the mis-categorization--there really was no eroticism in this, so it should have gone into non-erotic.)

PS - This reads very well to Iron Maiden...I had to dust off Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. :D

sacksackover 17 years ago
horrible is a compliment....

Yes, this was "good horrible" if there is such a thing. The ending felt a little bit rushed to me, like the writer ran out of steam. And the character of Doc is an enigma...where is he, in a mental hospital? Still, makes one think....Bravo!

impressiveimpressiveover 17 years ago
Eeesh

Happy Halloween & good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
3 Haskell Street

THAT WAS FREAKING WEIRD !!!!! AWESOME !!! NEED MORE, WANT MORE !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Loved It

Loved the story. confusing at the beggining but with a little use of the grey matter you understand the characters talking to a psychiatrist. Liked the imagery, who or what is tak sototh, ah well don't tell me its better that way.

However I didn't find this erotic in any sense just sex related, not the writers fault really. Details couldn't be got into because of the seting te story was being told in.

Nice effort, like to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Good!

Liked the Neo-Lovecraft theme very much ;D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

This reminds me of one of Stephen Kings short stories. I loved the writing style. It ensnared me. 👍👍

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous