All Comments on 'Fucked Up Circumstances'

by RedHairedandFriendly

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Heartwrenching

This is the second time I used the above word, but it certainly fits here. Sad, powerful story, beautifully written.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Tugs at the Heartstrings!

Red,

Your stories are like the colors of a rainbow. They range over so many different subjects, your wonderful characters remain believable all the way through any story you write. I am truely in awe of your considerable talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Dark, sad story.

A really nice job of writing something very painful - even for the author to write about.

Sometimes the dark stories make writing the happy ones even more satisfying.

Keep up the great work!

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nasty

I found this a well-written and depressing story. The story of the vulnerable woman who was expertly set up for rape by the bartender and cabdriver is a chillingly matter-of-fact relation of a husband's worst nightmare: while he is unable to defend or support his wife, she engages in unwittingly risky behavior and pays the price. The fact that she is both torn by grief and three-sheets-to-the-wind drunk matters not a whit to the predators; the cab driver insinuates himself into her room and bed like a snake, ignoring her protests and using her alcohol-fogged responses to rape her in the guise of friendship. Truly nasty.

I realize that this is a vignette, hardly a story at all, but you left one huge point unresolved: where WAS that husband, anyway? And why not have the results sent to the family Doctor for what might have been a much better revelation, rather than have her come into a strange town to get it fairly impersonally? I also wonder if the bartender and his buddy pull this shit on women from the hospital all the time. That would explain the smooth operation, false sympathy and all.

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 17 years ago
Painful

Some people write painful with ease and some others don't. You, Red, make it sound as if it was easy and quick to write that story but from what I know of you, I'm sure you agonized over writing it.

It's powerful, painful and timeless. Somebody somewhere is or will probably read that story and say that you've written their life story.

I wish I could say I enjoyed reading your story, but the pain felt by your character hit too close to home for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
a good story

a good story, but, um, where is the wife and husband?

i think this got into the wrong catagory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very dark indeed

DC:

I've seen the darkness in some of your poetry, but I believe this is the darkest story you've ever written. The darkness doesn't detract from the fact it is well written in your usual superb style. It is a story that could well be true, which is a sad commentary on the human condition. Thank You. Ronnie W.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 17 years ago
Very realistic.

It was very dark and sad for her. I can picture this happening in real life. She didn't realize, but in her drunken state, I'm not sure if it was rape or adultery. It straddled that fence rather noticeably. I really feel for the girl. Even if it was cheating, it wouldn't be a case where I'd get quite so pissed. She was only passively consenting at the most. I'd actually think of this as being closer to rape. On top of the other things, it's even worse to see that happen to her. Hell of a situation. The title says it all. Red knows her tragedy.

jushornyjushornyover 17 years ago
Agree

I agree with LadyCibelle

"Some people write painful with ease and some others don't. You, Red, make it sound as if it was easy and quick to write that story but from what I know of you, I'm sure you agonized over writing it.

It's powerful, painful and timeless. Somebody somewhere is or will probably read that story and say that you've written their life story."

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Another well written story

But dark. Tonight must be the night for dark, depressing stories.

I think I would rule rape. At no time did she say ok or even indicate ok. Just lying there doesn't cut it. Any man that would do that is a low life and should have someone deal with him. A judge with 7-20 years to spare sounds good.

The story makes you wonder where her family, friends and, especially, her husband are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This is a RAPE story

Even in my native Wisconsin, this would be considered rape in a court of law. It has nothing to do with 'loving wives', even the perverse interpretation of which that plagues this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Emotional charged....

Tough to read, but oddly compelling. The guy deserves castration (and I'm a male). I too wonder where the husband was in such circumstances....

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Comment Deletion - I don't understand the rational

Writer - I, unlike your supporters, can't understand the LW catagory, but most of all don't understand the erotic(?)appeal of the raping a mother in a deep depression over the upcoming unavoidable loss/death of her child.

Next a wife who forgets her children on a subway train going to nowhere because she was in training to be a Mistress as she wished and could.

So sensitive and yet so blinded by the light of what if - just cuz she could?

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyover 17 years agoAuthor
Only once will I respond

The reason the comment was deleted wasn't because of the opinion you had on the story. . . but the ending turned into a personal attack on me the writer. You didn't like the story and that is fine. . .but the ending comments were not respectful to me. I did nothing to make you read this or to you personally. I wrote a story and as I have stated in many of my 'Author notes' I will delete any comment I feel is a personal attack on me. The beginning of your post wasn't an attack to me, the ending lines were. That was why it was deleted and that was the only reason. If you'd like to email me and attack me in that manner for my writing then you are free to contact me through the Literotica contact option. I won't leave personal attacks on the Public Comment board so others are forced to read them. Respect is a two way street. I will leave repectful negative comments, yours ended when you left the story and went after me.

JoesephusJoesephusover 17 years ago
I had a hard time reading this...

I will say nothing in the cab driver's defense. However, I'm always surprised at how quickly Americans label behavior rape. In my mind it cheapens the crime of rape. Did he take advantage of a drunk woman? Certainly! Would he think he raped her? I doubt it.

I don't want to get into a fight over rape. This story was too powerful for that. I didn't see any sign of a husband in the story. I can't imagine the circumstances where a husband three hours away wouldn't be there. That only makes the story sadder.

At a time like this we humans are a paradox. We shun the company of others, yet we crave support like a narcotic. We are so aware of death, yet our impluse is the affirmation of life, and frequently in the form of sex.

I will never forget when I saw the old movie Summer of '42. It was in a film class I took a few years ago. I challenged the action of a woman who learned of the death of her husband taking a lover that night. My professor had me do a report on the topic and it is a common response, probably biologically based. It isn't really sexual, but it is frequently expressed that way. "The grieving widow" isn't just a cliche but for a period of time a very vulnerable person.

She can also send out strong sexual signals and not be aware of it. The way this story was written, I'm not sure that isn't what happened. Again, I'm not making excuses for the cabbie, but it's possible that he never intended what happened to occour.

This is excellent writing. That readers can take the characters created in so few lines and look into their souls is evidence of a major talent. I'll need to read more of your stories Red. This one was a bittersweet pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
TOUGH

THIS IS WAY TOO CLOSE TO HOME. KNOWING A LOVED ONE IS DYING, YOU GO INTO SHOCK. ME, I WAS IN SHOCK FOR TWO YEARS. NOT A CHILD OF MINE BUT A SOULMATE/LOVER. BEEN 4 1/2 YEARS NOW. IT IS LIKE YESTERDAY

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
Not the best I have seen.

You left a lot to the imagination of the reader, perhaps too much this time out. Was this rape? No, not really. there was no "crime oif violence here. Did the driver take advantage, yes. Certainly.

It was certainly emotionally charged, I suppose. I adn=mit it didn't touch me. I think because I had to think too much about it. Where was the husband? Why wasn't he present? That is what I kept thinking about. And when I ocus on that it takes me away from where I am supposed to be.

AAlso, what was the reason she opened her legs? Was she tryin gto reconnect to life in the sex act? Was she hurting a husband who wasn't there?

Good tight writing but shitty plotting ang rather weak characterzation, IMHO.

These reasons, plus the fact that you can obviously do better is why I gave the shitty score.

Cheers,

C

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 17 years ago
A story doesn't have to be erotic to be good

This is a story about sexual behaviour. It is a powerful, well written story about sexual behaviour; and we all know it's a realistic story about sexual behaviour at least in modern western societies. For someone, somewhere, something very like this is their life story.

Because it's a story about sexual behaviour, it's taboo in mainstream publishing in our society. It has to go under the cloak of erotica, even if it isn't really erotica. You didn't get off on it? Good! You shouldn't get off on it. You were troubled by it? Good! You should be troubled by it. It's because it's troubling that it's a good story.

I don't think this is erotica. Perhaps the 'Non-erotic' category would have fitted it better. But I do think this is a story which is worth being able to make public, and if this site can get it an audience, then I think it belongs on this site.

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
Compliments

A rare story that generates real compassion. So dark, so well written. And so so sad.

adamgunnadamgunnalmost 15 years ago
Well written, sad story

Superb.

EdandMarieEdandMarieover 14 years ago
Thanks!

Very dark, but you write very well. You should start posting again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
very moving

I also have to wonder where the husband was. Presumably there was a valid reason for his absence as she wasn't cursing him. Yes the cabby took advantage of her, but one can always say no, as she should have. Sorry for her circumstances, but not an excuse to become a slut.

oldmasteroldmasteralmost 13 years ago
Great Story

Some might complain that this story lacked sexual intensity but not me. This is a cracking piece of work, carefully crafted and written with real insight and empathy. Loved it!

auhunter04auhunter04almost 13 years ago
sometimes

Sometimes all we have is waiting to die

taxi guy is a crude prick-litterally- but sometimes a complete stranger is better than a friend or loved one

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ONCE ALL HOPE IS FORGOTTEN

the ensuing events have no meaning or difference. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
LitEROTICA

Where's the erotica here? The sickest story I've read in some time. In general, I hate revenge stories, but I'm actually tempted to write the story of the husband returning from Iraq, who hunts down and dismembers both the cabbie and the bartender.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 11 years ago
OMG! WOW!

This story almost had me in tears. It brought back emotions I haven't felt since my 19 yr old son was born 4 months premature and given a 15% chance to live 6 months. Thank goodness my wife was there and we could lean on each other.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Too Many Questions

Your story left too many facts out. Where was the father? Where was the child? Why were you alone? Why didn't you scream rape?

Why did I read this tale?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"Why did I read this tale?"

Because you spend every waking hour on this site reading and commenting - no real life person can tolerate your presence so this is your life, pathetic as it is. Too bad you don't have gonads so at least you could jack, sux2bu

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lacks too much information, so too many questions

And what on earth did you see in this story that was even remotely interesting? It was a depressing story that doesn't seem to fit either the LW section or the site in general.

A "1" and I'm sorry not to be able to vote it lower.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS STORY

hit real close to home and family, TK U MLJ LV NV

gdjohn52gdjohn52about 9 years ago

It wasnt my kid, But it was my beautiful wife of 28 years RIP Baby 02/02/2014

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
These people have no comprehension skills.

It plainly stated that the skank whore grabbed his hair and move his head over to her pussy,there was no rape,she didn't care about daughter or hubby.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951almost 5 years ago
Degrees of Rape

1. This belongs in Non-consent. While this may not be Forcible rape, she in no way gave consent. Both men need to be punished. I miss FTDS after reading some stories. This is definitely one of them. Perhaps it could start with her having enough left to call 911. Perhaps it would take her husband finding out her abuse. Then, he could arrange for both of the scum to be "drunk " in a gay bar where they receive the loving treatment his wife got. ... Multiple times. I'm sure the lit crowd that accepts cabbie's behavior would have no problem with the roles reversed.

2. Where was the husband? It's his fault his wife got raped.RIGHT... I'm guessing that the medical bills piled up as his daughter's illness progressed. So he struggles to keep the family's head above water. He is having to worry about his two most precious girls and two a-holes have to destroy all their lives even more.

3. I want to rant at the author for writing such a disgusting story. However, this portrayal is,unfortunately, too real. Predators like this exist. Distraught people, men and women, make bad choices. She tried to do her best, giving her keys away so she wouldn't drive drunk. She just trusted the wrong bartender.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Wrong category, for sure. What wife? kinda sick......

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Well that was pure shit. Says way more about you than you realize.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

The author should ignore the negative comments. This was intensely painful. I admire the work very much, but I don't think I can read it again anytime soon. It's just too painful. Wonderfully executed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous