All Comments on 'In the Year of Our Lord, 1684'

by Tony155

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
sacksackover 17 years ago
iI'm very impressed....

These historical tales are so hard to do without sounding hokey and cliche ridden. That you avoided both is a testament to your extreme talent. A wonderful "feel good" story that is sure to delight young and old alike. A masterpiece!

zoltantheduckzoltantheduckover 17 years ago
Brilliant

Well done Tony, after 5 months without one of your great stories I was afraid you may have deserted us, but thankfully my fears have been put to rest. After reading this I see why it's been 5 months.

This story shows that it is possible to write a great romantic tale without the need for constant sex (although that's nice too, but in this case it probably would have detracted from the story rather than added to it).

I hope to see many more of your stories in the years to come.

Again, well done.

LazaroLazaroover 17 years ago
Great job!

I thoroughly enjoyed your story and have to say that I really admire your style of writing. Looking forward to reading all that u have written so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Damn you!

Somehow, although the way this story was written seemed forced and fake, I was unable to resist reading it through all the way to the end. I don't know how you did that because normally I would have clicked away from it since it was so long and the language used seemed to be to be a bit awkward.

EnamoredEnamoredover 17 years ago
Bravo

This is without doubt one of the best stories I have read on this site, or any other. The not showing the taking of their virginity was a great twist. You truly should consider taking this a bit further, and publishing it in the real world.

jzimmerlijzimmerliover 17 years ago
I agree

with the last comment. Take it out a bit further. Give us more background with the relationships between the brothers and sisters. Who are the sisters waiting to marry, what was their childhood like. That type of thing and send this in to a publisher. I thought it was wonderful. I loved the fact that they were both inexperianced. In many historical romances the man has been with at least one if not more women to teach him how the marriage bed works. I myself am not up on how the mother daughter relationship worked back in this time period, but I would think the mother would talk to the daughter about sex at least to a point, but I could be wrong. And I loved the fact that they were both clueless in the matters of sex and even what semen was. I loved this and all of the other stories you have posted here. Once again I agree with this story being published!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Romance at its Best!

Exqisite! A tale well worth reading more than once, and with the ommission of the extremely erotic and sensual scenes, I would have gladly read to my childrean when they were 7 years old and above. Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Loving and Wonderful!

Is there anything more enjoyable to read than a sweet love story no matter what time period it is supposed to have occurred. This story for the most part was a sweet gentle story with just the right amount of passion and little endearments to sustain it from the beginning to the end. Tony, has once again done a superb job of telling this most enjoyable story. Bravo Tony!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Work

Great Story + Great Writing = I Am Reading...........

Purr_AlainaPurr_Alainaover 17 years ago
Brilliant!!

I saw this story on the new admissions and I loved it! It's good to know that there are people out there that can write still! I'm working my way through all your submissions and am glad to say they are all to the same brilliant standard! I'll be keeping my eye out for yur next submission!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Bravo Tony

A sweet story indeed and nice to have two virgins in a story of this nature rather than a 'more experienced' teacher. While sweet and sincere, it didn't cross into maudlin, a fine line indeed when you are writing a romantic tale.

Softly Whispers (who lost her password)

CharlieZhCharlieZhabout 15 years ago
A great romance...

But there wasn't enough lovin'!

Haha, but seriously... This was an amazing read.

I'm actually gonna be seriously sleep-deprived tomorrow because of the time I spent reading your story - but I don't regret it!

I loved this story, and I hope you'll write more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
actually quite boring

boring

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
wonderful

thanks for the story...i was intrigued by the title by the title so i read it never expected it to be sogreat..one of the best true love stories i have ever read

SunshineChica73SunshineChica73over 12 years ago

I found this story by accident and loved it! The best part was with Rosalie and her mother...it made me cry for joy. I will read this story over and over again.

hotdamnazgirlhotdamnazgirlover 12 years ago
Thank you for the sweet romance. It was a beautiful story.

Thank you for the sweet romance. It was a beautiful story. I loved the relationship between the king and his son. I would have liked to have read a scene in which the mom attempts to explain to her daughter what to expect on her wedding night, but I loved that they were both so unexperienced. It was really a heart warming story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69over 11 years ago
Magnificent!

What a simply stunning love story of two people who are soulmates. It's lovely how they both come to each other untouched and find that lust for each other through their love! One of my favourites of all time! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story!

Although I was expecting more trouble from Maria, such as showing up at their wedding pregnant and claiming it was Gregor's from their time in the stable! :-)

Thanks again for a wonderful love story. And I, like others, appreciated the lack of sexual scenes. Their anticipation and learning together was perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

very nicely written

ham_sandwichham_sandwichalmost 9 years ago
Sappy, but sweet!

A true fairy tale story, good and proper, about true love and happily ever after. FIVE STARS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Wonderful - thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I can't believe this only rated 21 comments

When I want pure romance, this is one of the ones I go back to. Wonderfully done.

Thank you for writing in this genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Despite their royal fathers and their palatial homes, Gregor's and Ingrid's love story is

not that different from that of my friends Ron and Rushmee, who also had to figure everything out on their wedding night! They, too, have been blessed with true love, happy children and many years of joy.

Thanks for writing this sweet yet fairly realistic tale.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 8 years ago
Oh my God!

This is definitely the finest tale I've ever read and/or heard tell of. You've truly shown yourself to be a Master Wordsmith in the creation of this beautiful story of two lovers in a time long gone. I experienced every emotion in the spectrum and was truly satisfied when this story came to its beautiful end. Thanks Tony155 and please keep up the great work.

MoogPlayer

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
a classic love story

While the year is a great plot device, it is actually irrelevant to the romance. It could have been set in any era and have been as lovely.

Beautiful. thanks

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
A plot thought

It would be interesting to see how this or other writers (MoogPlayer?) would treat this scenario if it took place today. Two shy, locally reclusive individuals, for whom finding the love of their life has proven elusive. Instead of Portraits being exchanged by the parents through diplomatic channels, an online account is created for them. They see the photos of each other, exchange IM's, arrange to meet, (with chaperones of course) and . . . . . . . . . . .

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
A Great Romantic Read.

Such an absorbing romantic story with two most endearing characters. This is my second time reading the story and believe enjoyed it even more. So well done. Many thanks to a gifted author.

biercebierceabout 6 years ago
Simply lovely

A great romance. Very moving and beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Doubt you'll ever see this

it being 9+ years since you visited. Hope you are well in mind and spirit.

You have written about 5 of my top 25 stories on Lit. And In the Year of is my go to soft romance on the entire site.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
TOTALLY AWESOME

Well Done! Bravo!! THANK YOU😊

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 4 years ago
Excellent

Really a great, well-written tale. Thanks so much for crafting such a delightful romance and telling it so well. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
So sweet.

This story was so sweet and a joy to read! Your writing drew me in quickly, and I was completely engaged to the last word. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Certainly one of the best romance stories on literotica. Your ability to write genteel old-fashioned dialogue without resorting to difficult old words is praiseworthy. I specially enjoyed the letters exchanged between the lovers, truly a joy to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

i did read the whole thing. however, kept stumbling over endless, superfluous, ungrammatical ofs. and, off ofs as well. could other wise have been 5*

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeister12 months ago

@hotdamnazgirl - If you want to read an extremely awkward version of 'the talk' from a similar time period, go to Wattpad and check out Scottish Beauty by SweetPeas, the last half of chapter 31. Very entertaining and hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Long, long ago a bard picked up parchment, quill and ink... and blessed the readers of Literotica with an amazing tale, tht bring great joy to this very day. Thanks Tony 155

Coochielover71Coochielover714 months ago

Really, really good story. You have quite a way with words.

Neko_ManNeko_Man2 months ago

What a beautifully written story. You are quite the wordsmith. I was totally lost in the storytelling and found myself picturing the richness of everything described.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

SIMILAR Stories