All Comments on 'Binding Ashes'

by wetapap

Sort by:
  • 186 Comments
writingdragonwritingdragonover 17 years ago
Hmmm, Just like a fine wine

Smooth and satisfying, a welcome touch of class, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wonderful

Very well put together and just a wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
By Far the Best

Excellant story of rags to riches romance. Delightful classic story of true love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A beautiful story told with love!

This is romance as good as it gets - told with a touching lyrical style.

Well done!

Regards, DJ

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Sweet endearing story!

Once in a while a writer creates something that is so special and so exquisitely written it leave a sense of delightful completion missing in so many other wonderful stories. Wetapap is such a Writer. A warm memorable story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Okay

I had tears in my eyes there at the end. God that was beautiful, Papa. A very moving and loving story that makes me long for my own Richard. And you said you weren't an author, if you're not, than I don't know who is. An absolute masterpiece, with or without the sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Your story has

been mentioned by this guest reviewer in the New Story Review thread found in the Author's Hangout.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 17 years ago
WELL...

For an old cranky man who swears he doesn;t have a romantic or literatary bone in his body... you did an outstanding job.

This story makes spending weeks 'in the void' worth it.

I raise my glass to you sir.

janiexxjaniexxover 17 years ago
Hmmmmm...

"...just bear in mind, i don't do romances."

What?? This was probably one of the most romantic stories I've read on Literotica, and one of the best!

I absolutely loved this story and it kept me enthralled right from the beginning, so much so, that my husband ended up cooking dinner while I curled up on the sofa reading and enjoying and occasionally finding tears in my eyes...

Thank you very much for telling me your new story was up - this was just the sort of tale I needed tonight to put me in that lovely "warm and mellow" mood.

I look forward to reading more of your stories.

janiexx

MetzovMetzovover 17 years ago
I didn't know.

That you had said that you weren't an author, And didn't have a romantic or literary bone in your body until reading it in others comments. I've read many stories from authors that were good writers in that they had excellent skills, But they may as well have been writing a tech manual for all that it moved me. The bottom line is always the story and I consider you to be more then a author and writer. You are a story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I

am not as good with words as some of the previous commenters,but may I say what a truly magnificent story this is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Enough Idolatry - There Is 1 Major Problem With Ea

ch story that you have written - 2 much time between - them!

You rascal, this was as poignant and moving as a man from anywhere or Texas could muster.

Now then, quit reading - so much anyway and devote some time to writing your next in a shorter interval than the last.

Author - Yes Author - you are appreciated for your time and diligence and most of all for the quiet talent so respectfully hidden for too long.

With Very High Regard

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Nice Romance

Telling this story from Amber's perspective was nice. Was good to have a woman portrayed that didn't have a clue - usually it us men that don't know what is really going on. Also, I like the idea of combining ashes...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Nice, Wetapap!

Very nice, yes!

sacksackover 17 years ago
good, but I have some suggestions.....

You have the tendency at times (as I do as well) to go from showing to mere telling. The last two pages of this story are especially prone to this, as you zoom through 35 years of their lives like a time machine in fast forward. There could have been more poignancy achieved if you had avoided merely reporting what happened. Specific examples:

1. Instead of just saying Richard spent time with the grandchildren, SHOW what he did with them. A couple of paragraphs of an exciting soccer game would be far more interesting than your flat, weather reporting statement. Merely stating that a soccer pass was thrown is not enough. More detail is still in the telling mode.

2. The scene in the restaurant with the cane on the last page would have been far more effective if you wrote EVERYTHING that was said out, instead of just highlighting. Yes, it would take 5-6 paragraphs, but it would be worth it to convey the depth of Miss Amber's obsession with the cane and to give the reader greater insight into her personality.

3. Amber is at the memorial built for Richard, but you glossed over the actual service, assuming there was some type of "funeral" or whatever you are comfortable calling it. That could have been a telling scene, and I as the reader felt cheated that you didn't include the actual moment of Richard's death, what Amber was saying or doing at the time, etc.

4. The same goes for the last years of Amber's life. Instead of just spitting out facts rapid fire fashion, and conveniently skipping several years. SHOW the reader how she aged, how she related to the grandkids, her last lucid moments (who was present, what was said, etc.). Even at the very end, you shared what the boys were THINKING. A more active approach would have been to let the entire procession play out, and have people actually talk about Miss Amber and interact rather than the passive approach of telling.

At this point you may react that if you put in all the "extra" scenes I would have liked to see, the story would be too long. I don't care..the ideas here are too strong to be short shrifted at the end. Perhaps you were tired by page 5, and I don't blame you. But the last two pages are the weakest because you disintegrated into telling from actively showing earlier in the story.

All told, you have much promise as a writer, and although I see the later parts of this story as a "diamond in the rough", I commend you for sharing it with Literotica! Nice work overall!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wow

That was such a beautiful story, it brought tears to my eyes.

I think that every girl wishes that her prince charming will come in to her life, and i couldn't think of a better way than the story you told. please do write more, im going to check out more of your stuff.

SweetWitchSweetWitchover 17 years ago
There is only one thing to say

*

Thank you.

SW

silverace1silverace1over 17 years ago
Wonderful!

As a fellow romantic, I found this tale of romance so engaging that I couldn't stop reading it until the end. As the years passed, they continued in their love as it should be for all of us. Thanks!

amartsamartsover 17 years ago
ridiculous

indifferent??? bad!!! don't be damned ridiculous.this story was not just good, it was beautiful, it was fantastic, it was wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
wow

i dunno when u wrote this so dis comment could be pretty late but wow is mainly wut i got to say and i felt da story more than read it but wut im basicaly saying is dat it was real good (yeah im shitty wit words but oh well)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

10/10

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wonderful

A cut above almost every other story I've read on this site. True romance. Rather good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
beautiful story

thank you for the story.

Kudos

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
What else is there to say?

Others have already said it.

A truly wonderful story.

silkmazesilkmazeabout 17 years ago
True romance

That's what is called a true romance story. not the pap that some authors and Tv-land come out with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
wow....

it made me cry!!! I absolutely loved it!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I had missed this story...

To turn words into emotions is the sign of a true author. I wish I could have your gift to express how your words touched me - and what they made me feel. So here I am, 10:30 at night, sitting at my computer, reading your story - at times laughing, smiling, smiling and finally crying - the whole gamut of the human condition. Thank you, sir, I have a lot of respect for your talent. Bravo, pls keep them coming, reading this story made me happy. It was a pleasure to read. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Beautiful Love

As I read this story, it became obivious too me that you expierenced it. I too am a partner in a spring/fall merriage but it is my wife who is the youngest. I feel that way about our love and look forward too the times when we can talk and enjoy our grandkids. Thank you for a truly beautiful reminder of how much I love my wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Congratulations on your

Win my Papa. I am so very very proud of you and the hard work you put in on this and the rest of your stories. You deserve to win with this wonderful work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
painfully beautiful

While there have been a few stories on Literotica that have had me tear up, I had a difficult time finishing Binding Ashes when the tears welled up, blinding me until they rolled down my face.

Your story reminded me how much I'm missing my wife. More than ever, I can't wait to return home, wrap my arms around her and not let go for a few days.

Thank you very much for Binding Ashes as well as your other stories.

Sadness

stindustindualmost 17 years ago
beatiful

i have read many romance stories on Literotica, but they have been nothing compared to this. I have only cried when I've read a few other stories, but this one I will remember dearly. Thank you so very much for a pleasurable read. TMT

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great!

I loved it. Beautiful and heart wrenching. I personally would have liked to have seen a little sex but I'll get over it when I read it again and again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
it's all said already

absolutely wonderful. Who would need sex in such an outstanding story. I loved it, but then I'm a romatnic myself. Congratulations and please continue this quality work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
CAN I MEET YOU

I was thinking, a man who could write a story like this, has to have a deep soul. I know one other man with such dept in him and that's the man I love, always love but could never be with. I can relate to Amber's pain of missing him for the two years, sometimes I dont think I could survive another day without being close to my love. But I go on living because I am not dying. This is the first time I have made a comment on any writing. I was just so touched, words are too cheap to express how the story made me feel. Keep digging deep into your soul inorder to birth new life.

NucleusNucleusabout 16 years ago
It's been only two years ...

.. ago when I began reading english stories at Literotica. My English skills at school were low but I made progress with every story I read - translate - understand. Now I need the online dictionary very seldom. Sometimes I need the urban dictionary to translate american phrases. I read many stories some good, some bad. Last ones I forgot quickly. It lasted not long to discover my top-authors (You see some of them in my favorites) I discovered your stories very lately and I am impressed by their quality. This one is very romantic. I enjoyed the reading. It made my day. Thank you very much for this. One thing attracted my attention but is only slightly important. I took notice of some POV changes. Never mind. It doesn't change my mind about your gift to write soulful stories. I was able to feel the emotions of your characters and see the pictures you have painted with your words.

<p>Sincere regards</p>

<b>Nucleus</b>

wahiawagirlwahiawagirlalmost 16 years ago
Words cannot describe...

...how wonderful your story is. A love of a lifetime is exactly what you portrayed. It is true talent to be able to write a story that can capture someone's heart. You wove your tale so well that I thought I was there rather than just reading it. Though I am still drying my tears, I truly look forward to reading more of your work. I am glad that I accidently came across you. You are now one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
thank you

I have just read you ressays and am stunned at the emotions you have triggered. Call me sentimental but these are at the heart of all we ever wish for

jenni_tujenni_tuover 15 years ago
I hope one day you write a novel

I truly hope one day you write a novel for the calibre of this story is one that forebodes great things. The greatest compliment any writer can be given is that when read their story took the reader on a journey and this one does.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Stunningly outstanding

Absolutely wonderful and beyond any other writing I have seen on the web. This is a story that should be published and widely distributed.

northlandernorthlanderalmost 15 years ago
Outstanding

I came across this story by accident and couldn't be more pleased. Of all the stories I have read on Literotica, both romantic and otherwise. this story is tops. A real pleasure to read, a tale well crafted and extremely believable. Thank you for the privilege of reading it

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Beautiful Story

I have commented on other stories that you don't have a middle and finish... On this one you have completed a "Masterpiece" with all the components. As one of the commenters said, if you had completed all the chapters as you did the first... with Miss Amber relating their life together...it would have been a "Great" romantic Novel! If you were to do so yet...it still could be a best seller! I am an "Old" but "Romantic" former combat marine and retired State cop... If only all of us could have had love like you described it. You "ARE" a romance author!

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 14 years ago
A great story

Thank you for this story. Like one of the other readers, I found this story by accident. Some accidents are good. The story is well written, has a very good pace,and most important is entertaining. My favorite story on this site is one I wrote, Molly,Alyssa and me. I something of an egomaniac but now my story has a challenger for my favorite in Binding Ashes. Again, job well done and thank you for posting it. I do agree there is a novel here and you should write it.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Lovely story

As a romance story, this is one of the best I've read, on Literotica, or anywhere else. Your story brought out a wide range of emotions in me as I read it. An endearing story--I loved it. I'd give it more than 100 as a rating, if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved it

The story was lovely if a slight bit fluffy. But I loved it. After all it is fiction. BUT the idea of mixing ashes really got to me. My wife and I have been married for 43 years and the end is in sight. Mixed ashes would be a great departure from here or an exciting arrival wherever. Thank you. Jim in AB

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
just

just now and then something special comes along THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
touching

Thank you for sharing such wonderful writing and storyline. Wept through the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Always griping

Again I had tears as I do each time I read your touching love saory again.At 80 I am nearing the time.My only wish is to share with my wife of59 years eterny.

Tortured_SoleTortured_Soleabout 14 years ago
Beautiful

I never thought i'd find myself crying over a story this sweet but here I am. You are an absolute gem. I can only hope that I find someone to be as happy with as Richard was with Amber.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Best Ever

This is simply the best story I have ever read here.

xtremeddxtremeddabout 14 years ago
Oh my, this is truly a classic.

W,

Whew! I'm emotionally drained after reading all in one sitting. 33 Years of our wedded bliss and two Sons "qualifies" me to say "This wonderful tale you have shared, is truly a CLASSIC!"

Atlas holding the world for a hundred days could not equal your effort in writting "Binding Ashes". Thank you for writing and posting it on Lit.

Please. Share more with us.

best wishes

x

jiminabjiminababout 14 years ago
Third time

And I still love it. Still shed a tear or two, especially about mixing ashes. Still love the story. Voted once so I won't do it again. Too bad there is no 10. Thank you for all your effort. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
fantastic

wonderful, wonderful story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Eliza Do-Everything

This is a wonderful story. I found tears in my eyes at the end. Fairy tale? Maybe. But we need "Happily Ever Afters" to give us hope. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great

Thanks for the good read, it came at a time when I needed a pick me up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks

A wonderful read.

tastethejuicetastethejuiceover 13 years ago
Brilliant

This story would make a wonderful film but like your story it would suffer the same fate and that fate is, it ended, I so wanted it to go on and on. It will be a story that I will read over and over. Thank you very much.

AstraFiliaAstraFiliaover 13 years ago
Wow

That was fantastic. It was so so beautiful, well written and proofread.

Although I don't mind reading sex scenes, the fact that you left it out really added to the 'sanctity' of Wetap.

Thank you!

demantoiddemantoidabout 13 years ago
Man oh man what a wonderful story!

The fantastic writers on Literotica continue to astound me with such literary talents. This is a brilliant saga. Mandalay without the soap opera.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 13 years ago
Wonderful

One of the best stories I have read. On a scale of 1 to 5, definitely a 5

count2threecount2threeabout 13 years ago
Speechless ...

That has to be the most beautiful Story I have read so far on this Site.

The_Peanut_GalleryThe_Peanut_Galleryabout 13 years ago
Thank You

What a wonderful story. A absolutely terrific read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Power

Words fail to express the power that this story possesses.

To call it a masterpiece is degrading. A story that arrives only after a million others. Not only that it shows that as a species what humanity has lost in terms of compassion. Keep Richard's creed alive by living it yourself and hopefully passing it on to others.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
God..what talent!

If there were 10 stars, you would get them!!!! Deeply moving.

MaddieKimMaddieKimalmost 13 years ago
Beautiful

This story made me realize how important comments are. I would have never found it or read it, if I hadnt read the previous comment on the Feedback Portal a few days ago. Binding Ashes is a beautiful love story and one of the best Ive read. There are some truly amazing authors on Lit and wetapap deserves to be right up there with them. Thank you for a very touching story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Beauty of Love

Man I really have to give you cudo's on this story. I'm surprised I can type from the tears in my eyes. If only I could be so lucky to know love. So thanks for letting me know it vicariously. A truly beautiful story and a fine ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Oh my

You have crafted a tale of love so deep, so fulfilling, so filled with warmth, that it inspires me to create the same for myself, and settle for nothing less. Thanks for the inspiration, and for the superb wordcrafting.

D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
One of a kind

simply beautiful. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Enchanting . . .

Enchanting story, a bit like a fairy tale, which is decidedly not what I normally prefer. BUT, it was so skillfully written that it swept me along.

congratulations and well done.

chelo2012chelo2012over 12 years ago
Wonderful!

Just a beautiful story!

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
A story about a real loving wife

what a concept, a woman who really loved her husband till the end, wasn't a slut, didn't fuck the gardner and live a happy life.....wow 25 stars

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
I gave this five stars.

However, it deserves an even higher number than just five. My most sincere thanks for a beautifuly told story. R.T.

IjadIjadover 12 years ago
Touching

I loved the story, it was incredibly well written, the last page made me somewhat emotional, it was amazing, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Best Story

You have entertained this reader with your story as no other story has ever on this site. The structure of your story, the build, was fantastic. The happy-ever-after part is so refreshing in our time of fear and disappointment. Your characters, e.g. the male lead; every man wants to be him, every woman wants to be with him. Perfect. I hope to read more of your work. Congratulations, and thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Magical

This is one I will reread until I know it by heart . Would be great if we could all be Richard and Miss Amber . Still I suppose that we can all dream of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
COMPLETE

This is the type of story that truly makes literotica stand out. Such completeness and fullness of the story in so few words; yet able to span lifetimes of love and family. BRAVO!!!!!

Cristeta1891Cristeta1891over 12 years ago

Beautiful story! I love stories like this - they warm my heart and make me believe in love just a little bit more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Awesome

Loved it.. Beautifully written..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
fantastic

Huzzah! Wonderful story. The time spent writing, and no doubt rewriting several times, was worth the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

That was an excellent story, it really gave me hope due to the fact that richards personality is similar to mine. Excellent piece of literature

autumnplusyouautumnplusyouabout 12 years ago
Truly Wonderful

I don't think I have read anything more beautiful. I felt deeply touched by the real and unfading love between Amber and Richard. And the great friendship between Maria and the couple. This was truly one of the best stories I've read. Thank you. This piece of art is really worth your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
" Needless to say, Beautiful.... :) "

it touched my heart. loved every moment of reading it....

i'm sure i'll come back to it <3

Man_in_ChesterMan_in_Chesterabout 12 years ago
I wish I could help you

But you are the one who writes so well.

You have created several understandable and likeable, even lovable, characters and they relate so easily to one another. The passage of time was well handled and you used only the necessary parts, leaving your audience to work out the missing bits. It is as if you know your audience or were training it in the first few paragraphs.

Thank you for a great read.

cocputcocputabout 12 years ago
Speechless...

The story brought tears to my eyes, and that is a tough thing for any author to do. I am deeply indebted to you to let the story flow so nicely through you.

I agree with you, silent is the true language of love.

oldoelGDoldoelGDalmost 12 years ago
Outstanding Story,

and a great storyline, too, complete with the entire ending that made sense. Thank you!

robinhodrobinhodover 11 years ago
This story is ridiculous

so why are tears running from my eyes right now?

It must be magic!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Story*****

Very entertaining thanks for sharing a very warm story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

great story...

tohanrytohanryabout 11 years ago

Such an amazing story. One of the best I have read on here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Why the cane?

This was an excellent story line. The characters were well filled in and understood. I enjoyed it but found her attraction to the cane to be confusing and not very believable. It was out of character and and almost a distraction from the story. Thank you for a great story all the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
beautiful.

This is so beautiful, thank you so much for writing this.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Voting was a pure pleasure -

Thank you for a wonderful story about a wonderful wife -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
one of those stories I wish were longer

Boy did this story pull on my heart strings. Thanks for writing this. Looking forward to reading your other submissions.

dylan954dylan954almost 11 years ago
Thank you

That was a great story, I read it twice because I enjoyed it so much. Thank you.

dairetodairetoalmost 11 years ago

What a beautiful story.

I just loved it. thankyou

SilumetSilumetover 10 years ago
Wow

You have a unique talent to play heart strings like a violin.

dylan954dylan954over 10 years ago
Thank you

I wish I could think of something eloquent to say that would do justice to the story, I can't so just thank you for sharing and I truly enjoyed it from start to finish. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
...Swept away on Wings

Rarely have I been so caught up by a master story teller's woven web... Never has a single story made me shut down my computer and live the story again and again, in the dark, sitting on my favorite chair ...knowing that my writing for this day is done.

carbinemastercarbinemasterover 10 years ago
a rare tale indeed

It's very rare that I give a full 5 stars to a story that doesn't contain any sex per se. In fact, this is the first instance of it happening. This is a great read. I plan on giving some of your other stories a try as time allows.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
beautiful

3rd time reading it, and it gets better

Faltu1Faltu1over 10 years ago
'' NO WORDS ''

THIS IS THE FIRST STORY, WHO MADE TEARS IN MY EYES........................''

NO WORDS I HAVE TO DESCRIBE...., GREAT STORY I EVER READ '''

THANKS

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous