All Comments on 'A Halloween Inspired Editorial'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
jzimmerlijzimmerliover 17 years ago
Great

I thought it was wonderful. I have 2 children of my own. My daughter is 5 and she has been trying to figure out for the last two weeks what it is she wants to pretend to be. We have gone from Barbie, DeeDee(Dexter's Lab), Princess, to a Puppy and witch. Seeing as I will be making this costume I would love for her to hurry so I have longer than a few days to put it together. As for my son he is not quite 2 so he does not get it yet, but I can't wait! I love Halloween and I am glad my children do too!!

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Loved this story!

This story could be used as a guideline to the countless people worried about the effect Halloween has on their children. Written similarily to the "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus," from years ago this wonderful author gives some guidelines for keeping your children safe and happy while enjoying Halloween night. Wonderful Write!

sacksackover 17 years ago
this might have been put into the "how to" ....

category. Quite unique for this contest, I thought this was one of your better offerings to lit.

kbatekbateover 17 years ago
A different approach

While unlikely to thrill the overall Lit readership - you have written a nice tight little editorial. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sensitivity

I am glad that the culture of my country does not embody this practice. That is not to say that I condemn places which feature this as a festival.

I enjoyed the sensitivity given to both sides of the arguement but more particularly the advice of the need for adult sharing, participation, attachment.

Our children desparately need their adults to be role models, leaders, guides and protectors.

One could call me a hypocrite for enjoying some presentations here which are contrary to this stated belief. I have however no delusions of what I believe is sound social practice in the real world while enjoying mine and others flights of fancy.

Good advice here. The world would be a better place with adults showing more care for children.

Remember the proverb "Look after the Pennies and the Pounds will look after themselves".

Worry about our kids and not the boundaries of capital, nationhood, religion!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous