All Comments on 'Gambling and the Government'

by dirtyjoe69

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Hear, Hear

The government has never accepted the idea that they cannot successfully legislate morality. Stop the horrible smoking - but still pay crop support for tobacco farmers. Make the tobacco companies pay into the states coffers for anti-smoking commercials but if the smoking level lowers enough, the companies no longer pay to pay into this fund.

If tobacco is so bad, cut off crop supports and make the companies pay into anti-smoking campaigns if the smoking level drops or not.

Don't get me started on jail time for having a picture of a nude 12 year old, but having a copy of Pretty Baby (Brooke was 12) is legal and OK.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Bravo! - dirtyjoe69!

Isn't it amazing when you read someone's opinions and thoughts and find yourself in so much agreement. I admire this Writer for speaking out in such a frank and forthright manner. The only thing I would want to add to this is - Don't forget to vote - in November. Right on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
just stop

some lines should just not be crossed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Why they do it

(1)They wish to disguise their hideously immoral actions with a veneer of righteousness. (2)They have been bought by mob, which has not been able to gain control over internet gambling and fears that its casinos will suffer from the competition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Care to rant some more?

I hate one-sided posts. I have actually made quite a bit of money online playing poker, and am disappointed that Congress has determined to outlaw this type of gambling.

However, there are MANY people that have lost tremendous amounts of money from gambling online. Don't we want to stop this from happenning?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous