All Comments on 'A Man of No Importance'

by Dar_Jisbo

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Good Teacher; A Valuable Lesson

This reminds me of my piano teacher when I was around 12 or 13. He was an older man who was dating my mother. We went to his summer cottage often. Playboy magazine was out on the coffee table but not made a big deal of. Branford subtly taught this pubescent boy how to treat a woman with respect. Nothing overtly sexual or graphic, mind you, but with subtleness and an easy-going attitude, I learned from him that women were to be treated with respect and honor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Not quite

I really liked the concept. Your execution was not there.

First thing that hit me, when they introduced themselves, more like exchanging resumes. Very stiff and awkward. The next was all of the sports detail, this isn't SI, too much detail. Could have been great but not quite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Getting there

I do love your writing in a way...but once again it is much too simple which makes it unbelievable. They jump into sex and a relationship without any real thought. Its kinda like she is a homeless person looking for a free ride. Just not enough filler I think... Still good because you treat your women with respect and a concern for them rather than just yourself. In reality though, I have found you leave yourself vunerable if they don't respond accordingly and just take what you offer for granted... You know, like they are doing you a favor by accepting your caring attention. I have been burned that way myself... As before, a good little short story. I think you can write many like these in a short time...but would still like to see more story to make it wonderful.

ZackeryFaelanZackeryFaelanalmost 11 years ago
Quaint.

I really liked this. I can't remember how I got to this story as it isn't in the same category I was looking through but I'm really glad I did. Thank you for sharing this!

barmaid10barmaid10about 10 years ago
Sweet

Very sweet! I think every woman hopes to find someone like Mike!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No good guy takes a girls home and takes almost all her clothes of before putting her in his bed

I say this because I like your style of writing and I like that it is from the point of view of the good guy.

Taking a roffied girl home to your place and taking almost all her clothes of to put her into you bed so she can sleep, does not lead to sex or romance! It's totally unrealistic. You don't take a persons clothes of.

If someone took all of my clothes of down to my bra and knickers without my consent I would feel violated just from that.

Any girl in that situation would think that it was you who drugged her and raped her and get the fuck out of that appartment at once.

A more likey senario would be you 1)rescuing her and finding her friend at the bar and you two together would get her home. She would thank you afterwards and that would lead to sex and or love.

Or 2) if it happened at closing time and she went to the bar alone you didn't know were she lived, you could say know the bartender well. The bartender says let her sleep on your couch. She wakes up fully clothes in your house. She's paniking. You can tell her to call the bartender who also saw what happened . He can wouch for you that you're a good guy. She needs a shoulder to cry on and you get to know each other and that leads to love and hot sex or hot sex and love.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

He is a prince among men!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous