All Comments on 'Sally'

by Dar_Jisbo

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
and now

there going to get married and have lots of mixed babies that will plow the felids ! LOL! yeah riiiiiight! i suppose i would have liked a bit more character background...

Dar_JisboDar_Jisboover 17 years agoAuthor
Check your history

Author's response: Interracial marriage was illegal in South Carolina at the time. BTW, the correct spelling is F-I-E-L-D-S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Only okay

It wasn't bad, but I really don't see why it was set in the mid-19th century. A little snipping here and there and this story could be a modern-day interracial romance.

I really don't think "Wow" was a word commonly used in the Civil War era, and few slaves were sufficiently well-educated to speak like Sally

I'd like to see Sally 2.0; but that's my opinion, and I could be wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
rushed

The story was rushed, you're really selling yourself short because you could be an excellent writer if you just put more effort into it.

don87654don87654over 17 years ago
Good reading! But......

The beginning of less than black niggers in our society.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
It's ok

A little rushed for my taste, and I would have liked a more modernized setting. More depth and modernized an this could be a good story! Ignore stupid rascist comments!

Dar_JisboDar_Jisboover 17 years agoAuthor
FYI

I already wrote a modern-day interracial romance. The title is "LaKeysha".

Thanks for all the great feedback... I agree, this wasn't my best work.

Dar

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
sexualizing oppression

The eroticization of slavery, irrespective of the out of place modern day political correctness within the story, is never good. Not to mention the slave speaking "like a white woman" and "enjoying" her oppressed status. Few slaves in the antebellum south would articulate their words as your slave in the story. Jerking it to a group of people's historical oppression is not only psychologically damaging, but it overshadows and inhibits the REALITY of oppression experienced by blacks within American society...

not cool...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I did like it

I really did enjoy reading your story, I, myself have written short stories about the love between a master and a slave. Keep up the good work.

vargas111vargas111over 15 years ago
Good for You

The story MUST be great to have provokd this

-------------------------

"The eroticization of slavery, irrespective of the out

of place modern day political correctness within the

story, is never good. Not to mention the slave

speaking "like a white woman" and "enjoying" her

oppressed status. Few slaves in the antebellum south

would articulate their words as your slave in the story.

Jerking it to a group of people's historical oppression

is not only psychologically damaging, but it overshadows

and inhibits the REALITY of oppression experienced by

blacks within American society... not cool..."

---------------

What twaddle

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I liked it :-)

It was rather rushed, but I enjoyed it. It was a turn on! I am a black woman who has been dating white men for many years. I actually have a fantasy where I am the slave...hmmm hope to act it out some day :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
It was okay.

I liked it, but as others have said it was rushed. It could have used a little more background. As I was reading this I couldn't help but think of the movie about Sally Hemings and Thomas Jefferson. Have you ever read the story of them or seen the movie about them?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good, but...

you could have done a lot more with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Whack

Boring....

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You Know What?

I've seen tons of stories with slaves in it. In the comments, there were no complaints. Why? I'm sure it had something to do with the master and slave both being non-black. But, as soon as it's a story about a white master and a black slave, it's such a wrong thing!

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. It's a story, it won't jump out and oppress you, so calm your shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Interesting Relationships

In 1967 with a BA from a black school in the south I went to Iowa to work on a masters in biology. Occasionally I joined other black students and served at formal meals at the chair's house and country club. We needed the money. He was married, no children, and liked well built young men. By the time I left the university 6 years later, with my PhD, he'd been using my mouth to get him off on a regular basis. In exchange for "tips" he started fucking me my last year there, when I could finally afford my own apartment.

He visited me here in Charlotte in 1980, and now our interesting relationship took a turn. I was the master and he was the cocksucker! It took just a weekend to turn him, and he never turned back or used my mouth again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice one

That's the kind of love that could get you in a whole lot of trouble

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice one

Beautiful interracial love story

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

5 stars. Good love story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous