All Comments on 'How to be the Perfect Wife'

by dirtyjoe69

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well, I kind of agree

While the messages are like sound bites and it is made clear that it's 1 man's perspective on things, I'd have to agree with most of what he wrote. The problem I have with this is what isn't written.

Relationships are usually a lot more complicated than this little "how to" guide addresses. I'd suggest both men and women should take a quick read of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" to get the concise, but more complete perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
awesome

I'm not a guy, but I used to get pissed about the little things with my boyfriend, alot of these I do. you make sense, and if there are girls who gets pissed with what you wrote... too bad ITS THE TRUTH. lol. I'm a girl and heck i agree with you.

Keep rockin!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Basically perfect, but...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This is great!

I agree with everything you wrote. Especially with the toilet seat. You go boy!

Ike16948Ike16948over 17 years ago
On the mark

Women complain about being type-cast for generations. This may be true, I haven't been around for generations.

Regardless of the past, I get flack when I'm not me and I get flack when I'm not the me women expect.

I'm a man, a bear and I have a cave. If you want to hang out there, look after the toilet seat yourself, I do!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
At Least You're Honest

I thought you did a good job of trying to explain to women how men think. The only thing I don't agree with is the toliet seat issue. Please don't groan at this. Both the seat and the lid should be closed after each use, no matter who is using it. Not for comfort, or ease or whatever, but because the lid is there for several reasons: (a)it makes the bathroom look neater; (b) toliets can be dirty and it contains germs, and (c) because it serves to protect young children and pets from accidently falling in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
So very true..

It was a good one. Thanks buddy - women really do need to understand what men feel and what they think.

If some lady here could be kind enough to post something like "HOW TO BE A GOOD HUSBAND". I could surprize my lady my some changes in me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Toilet seats...

I (a woman) don't take any issue with most of what you wrote, besides "you don't know how much of a pain it is." Actually, I can't see how it's a pain at all, and if it's really that difficult for you to lift the seat up before you pee, then you need to get yourself checked out. In my house we keep the toilet seat & lid closed at all times except when it's in use, therefore I have to lift up the lid before I pee...and I've never once felt it to be overly taxing in the slightest. It is simply routine. I really can't possibly fathom how lifting the seat could be so much worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
lifting the seat

I personally have no problems with the seat being left up in my house. My fiance and my kids no better than to leave it up, but I'm curious to know why it is that if it is soo hard and taxing to lift the seat, why don't Men try sitting down? leaves the seat down, the bladder is emptied, and the wife is happy. sounds like a plan to me. :)

heartofdixie1992heartofdixie1992about 12 years ago
Good job

When I read this, as a married woman, the majority of the things you have said either aren't that big of a deal (toilet seat and looking at other women) or not too much to ask (dressing up, gifts, and cleaning). Women, be mature and understanding, and half of this stuff will fall into place. Don't sweat the small stuff. And good job at bringing this to women's attention. I know of TOO MANY wives that break many of these rules

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 12 years ago
UMMMmmmmm, cave porn, me love it

If he puts the seat up at least he will not be likely to pee on it. Ladies when you pee you splash too, lift the seat and see if there are drops all over the area where he has to put his hands to lift it.

I compromise, I throw the dirty clothes in a corner of the bedroom. That way they are not all over and I still get my way. Besides, if they are all over the house we guys can trip over them too.

Number 5 is so true. Try it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The truth

That's common sense now not all women are like me... Bold blunt and beautiful. But all women are different (and I'm single) so I agree but it's my opinion

ham_sandwichham_sandwichover 9 years ago
Truer words never spoken!

I'd add: Appreciate him. Smile and genuinely thank him every time he opens the door for you or helps you on with your coat. Also, we men don't talk about how much we love you as much as we should, because we believe our actions of going to work every day to provide for you should speak to that. We don't understand how insecure you are, or how much reassurance you need, so be patient with us! We're slow to learn, but we are teachable. Most of all, be committed to the relationship! Hang in there and make it work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous