All Comments on 'Paint It Black'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Very well done story of life and what is important

I found this a great story of a peace we all need to find in ourselves before we can share our love. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Remember that all the really matters in the end for us is, we shared our love.

Well done piece of writing and good entertainment.

Thank You

PT

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Wow!

Jack,

When you want to hammer the emotions you don't swing a small one. Was that a 20 pound sledge? What a story of tragedy and recovery!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 17 years ago
I have to get the tissues before

I start one of you stories, Jackson. You really get the emotions going, Joan. The thing is, I feel good when I finish one of your pieces. I like that, Jason. (How confusing would it be if Blue wrote a story about you?)

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Jack

What can I say.......what superlatives can I muster? Fantastic, sweet, loving, touching.......well, you got the idea. Thank you for writing.

And KDH, uhhhh, DKH, uhhhhh, HDK, maybe my next one will be about you, LOL.

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
Where's the tissue box?

I can't find it underwater. There you go. You've done it again. Don't stop doing it. Made my day. Thanks so much.

Again, I have to say I enjoyed reading about the way real people would do real things.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Why I Read!

This is a real story about real people you can care about! Thanks for writting it!

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Great job

Excellent.

RicticRicticabout 17 years ago
Beautiful Story

Thanks for a very beautiful story.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
A very good, heart-warming story!

A very loving story. He's lucky there was an Angie around to love him. Without her he would have been jumping from some bridge. Depression can really be debilitating. He was brought back to a happy and loving family and learned to live again.

Very good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

As always a beautiful story well written. 15 months after the ending of a long unhappy marriage your stories give me hope. About the song, John Lennon rated it the best rock song ever. Thanks,

Brent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Great story. Thanks

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
GREAT PARAPHRASING

GOOD WRITING TO USE THE WORDS OF THE SONG TO FOLLOW THE STORY. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One of my favorite stories on the site.

Balanced, provocative, endearing, humble. Loved it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Beautiful -

You do an incredible job with these song lyrics -

Every time it is such a pleasure to read the story attached to them - it is as if you wrote the lyrics for the story not the other way round - lol.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 IF LIFE IMITATES ART

it sure copies the lyrics, TK U MLJ,LV NV

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I must be a sentimental old fool, why else would my eyes be tearing up and my nose running? Thankyou for a good story that didn't need any sex.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
Nothing & Everything

Nothing to dislike, everything to love. Well crafted, poignant, heart rending and life reaffirming. Much like a storm with darkness, destruction and pain giving way to mornings light with the calm of hope and joy of life.

Thank You Very Much

Morgan DeWolfe

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow!

Thank you. tom anon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good story

and excellent interpretation of the song

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
touching

warm

romantic

and darn hard to read because of my allergies

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
It is a great story -

The emotions are intense, from deep sadness to joy and happiness.

The only bad part is knowing it will be several days before I will get the songs out of my head.

.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THE SONG IS A CLASSIC

this plot to the lyrics, not so much. TK U MLJ LV NV

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
A solid five

Very nice. A sad tale that finished well.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
So sweet.

Over coming tragedy to live again. Solid 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I have known the darkness

Until you have experienced it for yourself you cannot know the darkness the death of a loved one brings. In my case we knew for a period before and could prepare a little for the fateful day but after I could emphasise with character so easily. A tender, subtle piece of the writers art. Thank you.

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfalmost 6 years ago
I'm like one of your other commentators...

Until you have experienced the darkness, you can not understand it...

I was an over the road truck driver, I came home on the 26th of March, 2014, I found my wife of almost 13 years, laying in bed, she had died of a heart attack sometime the day before...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
hate to say it

But it just gets easier. Living in a black world. Problem is you'll never actually enjoy colors the same way again. You'll live, you'll move on. But it's just not the same. First few tragic deaths in my life hurt, maybe too much. The first few times I was betrayed felt world ending.

I still experience death and lose from very special people. It's just as bad, but I move one more easily. I have a love that's far superior to any before it. I'd give them the moon. But I'm less romantic. I'm less trusting. And I'd get over their sudden death, or a sudden betrayal. It's a lose of innocence I guess. We don't get stronger, but we feel less. It's a type of strength, getting back up. But you don't feel stronger, you feel a lot less than you did before.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
GREAT, SAD STORY

I liked the story. Don't have any specific comment. The story is so good that it didn't seem right to just give it a rating without comment. 5*

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 3 years ago
Hard to read

This is such a heat warming story that I found it a little hard to read because I kept getting something in my eyes. Very well written, except for the perp getting killed in a shootout with the cops. In real life he would have given up, got a lawyer and probably gotten a slap on the wrist and let out to do it all over again. Other than that, I really liked the story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just like the rest, 5 is not enough! EXCELLENT!

AlberothAlberothabout 2 years ago

Funny story… not this one, but the coincidence. I was researching my dads family, and I noticed two female relatives who had the same married name. I didn’t pay any attention to it thinking that maybe the older of the two had married first, and then her sister married a brother or a cousin of the first sisters husband. But then I did some deeper checking and the younger sister was married to the first sisters husband. A little more checking and I found that the older sister has passed and had left her husband with two young sons.

And it would appear that the younger sister went to help out her brother in law with the boys, they fell in love, and married a year later. I found so many interesting little quirks in the family tree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

EXCELLENT. Made my eyes leak.

Lee. Some where 40 miles East of Okeechobee.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5 stars! Reminded me of the vision Tom Hanks had of his deceased wife in 'Sleepless In Seattle'. Very well written and well worth the read. Nice job.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Haven't seen one of your stories in a long time! Wonderful story as usual.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Loved the story. I have loved the song since it was released in 1966.I remember it being used as the theme to Tour of Duty, in the 80’s.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous