All Comments on 'The Story of Valentine'

by RedHairedandFriendly

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
TE999TE999about 17 years ago
Highly Enjoyable

Seamless blending of fact and legend. A great read. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I loved this one

Red. Very well written and very enjoyable, despite the fact that they were separated in the end. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
History brought to vivid, passionate life

Thanks for bringing alive an intriguing legend! The work you put into writing it really shines through.

Unbridled_PassionUnbridled_Passionabout 17 years ago
very interesting

history lesson. if history would have been this interesting in school, maybe i would have paid more attention!

WyldBreezeWyldBreezeabout 17 years ago
Great lesson

Loved this one, Red....I was transported back in time. Good luck in the contest. *smiles and hugs*

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 17 years ago
Wonderful Take on a Legend

Very nice, not only for the hot sex and love story, but also the way that you expressed his (and your) faith without trying to convert the rest of us...a fine line that you avoided crossing very well. And the consistency in his character was nice to see...very believable (secret marriage as opposed to premarital sex that would violate his religious beliefs)...also the history involved....clever use of the East and advice to Matthew, since he would have been safe there for a while under Queen Zenobia of Palmyra. All in all, an excellent Valentine's story...and unique, because it involves St. Valentine himself. Also, good notes, particularly in regard to clerical marriage. And thanks for the mention.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one doing a Roman theme for the holiday.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Thank you for sharing this story

Good luck in the contest,

Maharat

DarkniciadDarkniciadabout 17 years ago
Well told!

The period comes through, the characters are strong and vivid, and the whole atmosphere just works. Excellent tale, Red - good luck in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Bravo Zulu (Well Done)

DC.

Once more you've moved into new territory and done yourself proud. A fine blend of history, legend, and romance that is well meshed into an pleasing tale. Thank You. Ronnie W.

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerabout 17 years ago
A wonderful tale with a rather bittersweet end

You've woven a fantastic blend of history and legend to create a beautiful romance that reminds us what the origins of this holiday might have been.

deathlynxdeathlynxabout 17 years ago
Touching!

An amazing and touching story...thank you for the history, both in the story and the note after...A very remarkable tale!

kaytekayteabout 17 years ago
Marvelous

Thank you Red for bringing that possibility to life.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

ABSTRUSEABSTRUSEabout 17 years ago
excellent!

Love the story and so appropriate for the holiday. You reminded us of how it all began..with Love.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittabout 17 years ago
Brilliant!

You know, I had a sort of similar kind of idea early on, and I read this and it blew any thought of trying to compete with it out of the water! :) This was one of your best, Red, honestly. Truly amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
unusual

This story stands virtually alone as one in which neither religion nor sex is attacked but instead are seen as virtually in harmony, and this is a theme that has been almost completely unexplored by writers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous