All Comments on 'When-And-Where You Are...'

by Unsung Muse

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
LesLumensLesLumensabout 17 years ago
Relentless desparation

The cadence of this story is perfect, pulling you along in a relentless rush. Excellent flipside from the sweet little cherubs of legend. Well done, and good luck in the contest!

Les/Darkniciad

CeriseNoireCeriseNoireabout 17 years ago
Mmm... creepy

...in a good way. I really enjoyed it. It was chilly and smooth. A pleasure to read.

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonabout 17 years ago
Excellent Read

Very well done! It raised the hairs on the back of my neck at times...Good luck!!

TE999TE999about 17 years ago
Compelling story.

Hauntingly descriptive and rich in imagery. A fine piece of writing. Good luck in the contest.

DG HearDG Hearabout 17 years ago
Different

This isn't my type of story but I gave you a five because it was so well written. It held my attention and that is what stories are suppose to do. I felt like I was reading a medievile novel. Good job of writing.

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Outstanding

All attempts to describe the sheer brilliance of this story would be woefully inadequate. I'm not easily impressed and this is beyond impressive. Good luck in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Amazing

Gripping to the last line.

Good luck in the contest!

Maharat

l8blooml8bloomabout 17 years ago
{{{gasp}}}

you write like jackson pollock paints, all spatter & passion ... stunning.

Don't neglect us mere mortals, now; write more.

rachlourachlouabout 17 years ago
Very dark

and very sad - an outpouring of anguish and loss. I liked how you finished the piece. Well done!

capricious_chiccapricious_chicabout 17 years ago
Well done

Erotic horror is my favorite and I very much enjoyed this story. Good luck!

MunachiMunachiabout 17 years ago
beautiful

and dark, and sad... i can't really say that much yet, i guess i have to read it again first... but really liked it... wonderfully written story...

CopyCarverCopyCarverabout 17 years ago
Quintessential Muse!

Normally,the occupational hazard editors face is that we get so caught up in dissecting the mechanics of a story that we miss most of the pleasure other readers gain from reading it. That didn’t happen here. I was so engrossed within the first few lines that I relished When-and-Where, and then read it again to see how you pulled off this tour-de-force.

100 just doesn’t make it—we need to “hack” the system so we can vote 1000s.

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerabout 17 years ago
Beautiful and haunting

No, big words don't make a good story ... the talent, skill, style and ability to weave those words into a complex and mesmerizing piece - those are the things that make a good story. Muse, the raw emotion that you are able to evoke in your pieces is absolutely amazing.

Salvor-HardonSalvor-Hardonabout 17 years ago
Thinking man's erotica

I have always enjoyed that you not only arouse the passions but you stretch the mind and challenge the conventions.

Excellent as always Muse.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittabout 17 years ago
If I could write like you...

If I could write like you, I'd never do anything else :)

Beautifully written and finely crafted as always. A stunning piece of work. I stand in awe of your art.

kbatekbateabout 17 years ago
Still wasting your time...

on this site? When you should be making money with your writing. Time for you to win one of these so you can move on to mainstream publication.

:emoticon:

impressiveimpressiveabout 17 years ago
Extraordinarily well-written

Rich & compelling imagery.

The only thing that I found a bit disruptive to the smooth read was the extensive use of "--" dashes.

I agree with the other commenters: GET THEE TO A PUBLISHER!

*kisses* ~Imp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Fair

Not very conclusive

DragonteethDragonteethabout 17 years ago
Epic

This story flows like a great river making it’s way towards the sea. It has a poetic sweep that I find attractive, however it is difficult to follow in places and the exact nature of her "religious experience" remains ambiguous. Was it good or bad? You'll have to decide for your self. At the very least it shows that no one is perfect and there may even be hope for the rest of us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous