All Comments on 'BDSM Open Communication a Must'

by Master_n_Mentor

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
kyrie1595kyrie1595about 17 years ago
Kudos!

Educational, enlightening and hopefully an eye-opening essay for those wanting to experience a D/s or M/s relationship...from either side.

asiaprofasiaprofabout 17 years ago
Very good drawing together of theoretical roots.

A thought - doesn't this apply to all relationships?

woman1968woman1968over 11 years ago
A Power Tripping D?

After reading this my first thought was, even though, this may be a contractual relationship... isn't this "cheating" because there is a "secret sub", then to further read that the submissive was not to ask questions at all (or did I not understand this part), seems to be the "wrong" kind of control for a BDSM relationship.

How can there be trust and open communication if a submissive cannot question his/her Dom, especially in training, because there are bound to be questions.

Master_n_MentorMaster_n_Mentorover 11 years agoAuthor
To Woman1968

Thank you for your comment, but I think we're both saying the same thing. As I read my old post - boy its been a very long time - I wrote back then:

"The second part of the question is the one that I have the most trouble with since it deals with the "secretive" aspect. I cannot fathom a true, self confident, Dominant needing to have secrets. I'm not talking about maintaining confidence, but keeping secrets from His submissive. It's like putting land mines all over the path you yourself are going to walk, and letting time erase (as it will do) the location from your mind. The energy required to keep things hidden from your submissive is disruptive to the natural flow of a relationship."

I do not think that lies, secrets, and avoidance of issues is the way to build a relationship that is as intensely personal as one in BDSM.

Perhaps, as you point out, I need to be more clear in my meaning, and for that comment: I thank you!

I wish you well

Master_N_Mentor

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaster_n_Mentor@Master_n_Mentor
243 Followers
Born in Argentina, Educated in the US as a Mechanical Engineer, re-introduced into the lifestyle by My lovely wife. I aspire to write professionally, and to share My thoughts and learn from the thought of others. Here's my blog https://erotica-writer.com/ The day we stop be...