All Comments on 'Frost Heaves'

by davidwatts

Sort by:
  • 64 Comments
roseNthornsroseNthornsalmost 16 years ago
very nice

very, very nice. sweet and loving little tale

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
UNREAL

This was such an incredibly beautiful and amazing story!!

You had me tearing up at times and also laughing my ass off as well. This was such a great story and so wonderfully written. I enjoyed this so much. I really have to thank you....truly beautiful. I'm even sad to see it end!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great

It was one of the better stories that i've read on here

FujericaFujericaalmost 16 years ago
beautiful

What a beautiful story. Nice job!

backwoodsman1952backwoodsman1952almost 16 years ago
Wow, a classic.......wonderful

This is a classic, your all time best. It made me smile and it made me horny and it made me wish that it were 50 pages long instead of 5. Thank you David.

Robert

submisive_slut_wifesubmisive_slut_wifealmost 16 years ago
fantastic

i loved this story. it has a perfect balance of lust and emmotion. more???

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 16 years ago
Great story!

Thank you for writing this story, being an old romantic this story was just right! Carry on writing.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunteralmost 16 years ago
I loved it

Well written. Nothing wrong with the telling of this story. I would like to see more. Keep writing.

TricialenTricialenalmost 16 years ago
What A Wonderful Story

So sweet and romantic. I love love stories from the male point of view. You have a new fan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great

One of your best stories.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Twice

I've just read this story for the second time. Later, I'll probably end up reading it again. When I do, I suspect that my reaction will be the same as it was the first two times. I'll laugh, relate to many facets of the male character, and my eyes will water up more than once. This story is your best, and I've read most of your work. It was a long story that was an easy read that I wished was longer. This works on every level I can think of, and I thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
My God!

Almost missed this, that would have been a shame. What a suprise,and a pleasure to read this. You have a lot of talent,thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Super work, Great story

David,

This is truly a great story. Nice humor touches, enough sex to be satisfying, and a sweet ending. I've not read your other works yet, but am looking forward to doing so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Your writing always does it for me!

I love the way you tell a story. Puts me right in the leading ladies boots, feeling every emotion and kiss, and hearing every creak on that old farmhouse bed. I especially loved the bath scene. That was hot.

David, you know I am your biggest fan!! Don't you?

Kisses from the hairygal and a fellow Mets fan!!

davidwattsdavidwattsalmost 16 years agoAuthor
Thank you

To everyone that stopped by to read my story, and a special thank you for those who took the time to vote or leave a comment behind. These stories are all labors of love, and I am very happy that so many of you found my story enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Amazing

One of those stories that made me happy. Congrats on winning. You deserved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great

I really enjoyed this story. The characters seemed to come alive as I read it and the sex scenes were written to perfection.

sassypeachsassypeachalmost 16 years ago
Frost Heaves

I enjoyed your story and the flavours of rural life in the U.S. A sweetly written story. Frost Heaves what a great title.

the_amethyst_rosethe_amethyst_rosealmost 16 years ago
Amazing

I have to say that story was quite amazing. You painted a really good scene and feelings. You definitely deserved to win. Congrats!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Awesome!

This was an amazing story, the story line was great and the characters were awesome I completely enjoyed it!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Real life, Real people

This is my first time to read your work and I was surprised to actually find I enjoyed it! I know. That sounds kinda horrible. But, in a land where it's mostly about getting to the nitty gritty asap, it truly was an unexpected pleasure to read something with real flavor and texture. With real people in what could be real situations! I loved that your leading lady in this story had a farmer's tan and pit hair! WONDERFUL! I'm very much hoping this wasn't a one-shot-johnny kind of story writing for you, because I'm headed into the archives to read more of your works.

Thanks for the entertainment. ;-)

~ Jo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
:) Yep

Thanks David. It was a very cool and lovely piece of imagination, and so near what is real. I wish you all luck on your continuous writing.. cheers yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
GOOD

A very good example of a good story told plus lively erotics manifested. LITEROTICA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Superb truly superb.

Gentle, compassionate, caring, humorous, true to life, really believable people,setting, & way of life,and finely crafted sex scene, with love as well as lust. And so, so much more. You are a master craftsman.

You nailed the feelings of lonelyness, (for both people). I suspect you have been there yourself, or you are a master of observation. Your narration of the devestation following a death of one partner, (through death or divorce), after a long relationship; is spot on. Wealth is hollow & meaningless over time. Love and a loving partner exceeds it by miles. I suspect that many readers empathise with Callie & her beau. So many of us have undergone their agony & torment. Hopefully, all have met or will meet a "Callie" & will recover their joy and purpose in life. Thank you yet again, for another surpurb submission. I hope to see many more. Dan.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
A remarkable story...

tender, romantic, and loving. You've captured the heartache of divorce and loneliness for two people who've just now met by accident. Likewise, you captured their growing friendship and love. I like the way you painted the characters so realistically and how their affection for one another finally brings them together in the end. One of the best stories I've read on Literotica. I really enjoyed it.

UserBeverlyUserBeverlyover 14 years ago
awesome

I knew I would like it, did not know it would make me cry. Thank you it was just what I needed.

Beverly

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
grin

Hot-damn!

You sure can write mister!

ambush184ambush184almost 13 years ago
Thanks

Don't know where the title came from, but who cares. I enjoyed the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Story

Great characters you can relate to, not some super hero SEAL with mad karate skills, or a playboy model type chick. Excellent believable story that could possibly happen. I actually grew up in that town, different name and different state but same town. Thanks for the story, hope to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good feelings

A story like this makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. And maybe a little jealous :)

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
great

What a wonderful story. I loved it. Simplicity often makes a better life. I have had complex and I have had simple and I will take simple any day. Thanks author. Jim

to ambush184...the title refers to bumps in the road that are caused by water freezing in the roadbed and causing the surface to heave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Amazing Story

Loved it

IrfonIrfonalmost 12 years ago
Great Story !!

You got the essence of loneliness EXACTLY.

The constant fight to pay the bills....'nuff said.

Keep writing - thanks for the story !!

Dragonflyer90Dragonflyer90almost 12 years ago
Wow!!!

This was a most excellent read!!! It's so real...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent

that was an excellent read. one of the best that i've read here

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
excellent

Very good. I got a little confused for a sec.when callie became cassie, excellent bravo great story writing, flow was spot on!

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 11 years ago
That hit the spot!

It was just right. Everything about it: the characters, the plot, the descriptions, the sexy parts, the feelings.

Some novelist once said that the job of a writer is to entice the reader to give up an hour or so of his time just to read a story that is intended to entertain him, and at the end the reader should believe that he received sufficient entertainment to make it worth the time he had spent. I consider this story well worth the time it took. Thank you for writing it and sharing it with me.

avidfaavidfaover 10 years ago
Love your writing

This is the first of your stories I have read, so I'm not sure if the idiolect of this story is yours or your characters', but I just loved the way you expressed yourself, the voice of your main character, his sensibility, his way of seeing things.

JamtkoJamtkoabout 10 years ago
Fantastic

Excellent writing excellent character development. If I could give you one piece of advice it would be to check that you keep the character names consistsant. Everything else was a joy to read. Keep it up!

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
one of the nicest, feel good stories I have read

we should all be so lucky.

I am glad I found this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Farming

I spent some time on a farm like that at a place called Ferns Corner in Oregon. My uncle had a farm we were logging a few acre, baling, combining, and drying prunes for the neighbors. It's 12hrs between milkings plus feeding and clean up and cows do not take off sat and sun. What an education, I came home and worked 30yrs in aerospace, designed some parts that landed on the moon. Biked from San Francisco to LA, canoed 250 in Canada, had 300 colonies of bees. What a life. Huckleberry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damned good

You got that right!

Good Tale, well told.

Thank You.

HP

HelethirHelethiralmost 8 years ago

Bravo! Beautifully thought and written. It was a pleasure reading this gem.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Fantastic!

Wonderful history. It seems to lie what love can get, a city man becomes a farmer for the love of a real woman. I loved the story and hope to read more of yours stories.

5* for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

drdetroit019drdetroit019about 7 years ago
I wish

I wish I had the guts to do this. Just chuck it all, and lose myself in a woman like David did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Damned good

A good story, very well told.

I think you got into the feeling of the pair and the result was 'genuine'.

Thank You

HP

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Third read

Just found this again. Couldn't remember the name until something triggered the idea of frost heaving. What a great romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Nice Story

I only wish the ending had been fleshed out more. To me the ending seemed a little bit rushed, maybe a little incomplete. Still a very good story, and thanks to the author for sharing it.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017about 6 years ago
enjoyment

Thank you for sharing, More perhaps?

NorthPacific

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 6 years ago
A Romantic Romance - how novel

A good plot, good characters, good dialog, some romance and that key ingredient: believable fantasy. I'm not sure how a city boy can acclimate himself to life on a farm. Is it enough to be with someone you love and are very comfortable with? He's 50 and she's 45; a reasonable match-up, but they face aging in a tough physical world where you have to do the chores every day. Can they make it financially? Probably not a big deal, but he's going to need some of the modern conveniences he's used to. Great sex goes just so far. Personal compatibility is great, but most of the day is spent within yourself and you have to have what makes you tick and it's not clear that a community of 150 people without some of the electronic life we're all used to is going to make it for the next 30 years. Maybe peace of mind will overcome all that. I hope so because they seem to fit so well. And it makes a great story. 5*

ukdukeukdukeabout 6 years ago
Thank you.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

A romantic fantasy that might just come true!

Makes you want to take a fast drive down a narrow lane!

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 6 years ago
Wonderful writing

Such a loving tale.

Looking forward to reading more of your work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Story

My first time reading this even though it’s been here for a few years. Don’t know how I missed it for so long. This is a wonderful story, touching in so many ways. Thanks go to the author for sharing. Definitely a Five Star effort.

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142almost 6 years ago
So nice...

Like many stories on Literotica, this one requires a temporary suspension of disbelief, but , hey, it was great ; I'd almost be willing to write my lovely old ute off for an experience like that....took me a while to work out what frost heaves might be though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Overcritical is a hypocrite

OC usually complains about a story being too predictable. Well, this one was as predictable as any and yet OC lets it slide.

DW, you should be honored to has been granted a 5* from OC. They are rarely handed out.

I, on the other hand, cannot give anything more than a 4*. My biggest complaint is that there is no reason for her to fall for this smart ass city man. One evening on a porch with a guitar just isn’t enough to make it believable.

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
It was more than enjoyable

Absolute delight. Keep writing 5

AwkwardOrpheusAwkwardOrpheusover 3 years ago
Best I've read in a while.

You're a wordsmith and you weave a beautiful tale. In my minds eye, I could see the story unfold, watch them grow, and fall in love. Thank you.

M225M225over 2 years ago

What a sweet story. Honestly, it was one of those feel good stories you like to get lost in. Well, at least I do. Look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I only have one question. Since Callie loves having sex and her husband died 7 years ago, who was Callie fucking daily prior to David showing up?

davidwattsdavidwattsover 2 years agoAuthor

to the anon wondering who Callie was having sex with since her husband died. why do you assume she was having sex with anyone? She loved her husband and many people don't go humping just anybody after their love passes away. Callie was that kind. I would have answered you directly but since you were an anon...

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

The dialogue between Callie and David absolutely makes this for me, you had me laughing out loud in places with the laconic interplay between them, although I confess I laughed hardest at the idea of someone getting miffed that they’d been pushed down the ranking in the Penny Advertiser by a car accident, you are a sharp observer of small town life @davidwatts. Many many thanks for writing and posting this story, best wishes, Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lovely romance.

2Maria2Mariaover 1 year ago

Not one for reading others comments, so, my only gripe and I am sure someone has highlighted the section, you call Callie, Cassie. All to aware there is no way to edit once published a shame as this is superbly told.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow. This is definitely a top ten story of me. Nothing as good as happy life being found after terrible grief

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous