All Comments on 'Love Is A Silk Blindfold'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I suspect my wife of adultry and the first thing I

do is have sex with her? Where is this guys head still in the alcohol? If she is having an affair with her boss it is job related someway or another, makes the wife not a slut but a whore/prostitute, nice wife huh? If she is having an affair the first thing you dont want to do is to be intimate with her. Why not, well how many millions of little STDS and AIDS virus might you share in your love making. Then you what, what difference if she is you are probably already infected. And I say well stupid is as stupid does. Exactly where in this did the husband find out anything? Where does he plan to do anything? All we have is a woman that suddenly a few years ago starts getting sick if she gives him a blow job, now could it be the dating of her affair is confirmed? That she has promised her lover only he will get the blow jobs? A money manager that cant think, damn sure dont want him managing my money. If he is a real money manager he already knows how to protect his clients from spouses in the event of a breakup so where are his actions that speak of his knowledge? You write a cute beginning but nothing with any meat................

CarlM69CarlM69about 17 years ago
please resolve

Well written. I see his anger coming through. I see his sadness at what has been lost. His relationship will never be the same, even if she hasn't told him or he hasn't seen it with his own eyes. The problem is that he has seen it through his friend's eyes. The story demands a resolution. I want to know what he is going to do. I can't believe that he is going to continue to live like nothing has changed. Please follow through author and don't give us a wimp who wants to live with a slut wife, if that is what she is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I would have to agree

The last thing I would do is have unprotected sex with her if I suspected her of cheating. Fake illness, etc. Next hire a good PI........it's easy to do and cheaters who think the other party are clueless are easy to catch. Then and only then can he intelligently deal with the problem. Find out what her reasons are and if counseling or a divorce are the solution. Living like this and tormenting himself will only eventually destroy the relationship anyway, provided it's not already destroyed. Gave you a 50 because it leaves everything hanging.

CB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
This author does NOT get straight men

I have read this story all the way through.... this author is a GREAT writer and very skiled but much like NICI does... this author has all her straight men in her stories behaving VERY feminine like. See what ANGIQUESOPHIE did with ERIC in Delicate Balance. This chapter as the rest to follow features actions and Behavior that NO straight ever do. The husband acts as if her is soooooooo desperate for her love he will do anything. The whole thing with HIM going down on her but the wife refusingsmacks of ROLE REVERSAL.... where the wife goes down on husband but he wont eat her "nasty snatch" that some guys have. This gets a lot worse over the next several chapters. By chapter 5 the husband will be look GAY and woman like....you could swear he looks like he will start menstrating any minute

wants to be eaten out but she

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
hmm

alot of readers wont like the story, but i do. its not resolved. and hope that more chapters are coming.

as a writer, you are very good. you are good w/ discribing the emotional turmoil a person experiences in time of devastation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I Don't Get It!

Is Jules happy or sad that Betty is cheating on him? What is with the sex scene or how does it play into the overall message of the story? Is Jules going to confirm his suspicions or just live the happy cuckold life? Is there a part 2 to this story? What does it mean that Betty does not want children? Don't they enough communication problems that Betty must speak French? Where is the confrontation?

_________________________________________________________

SleeplessinMD

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 17 years ago
The excellent writing is all that gets you a 50%.

I agree with other comments that our "man" Jules is acting somewhat effeminate already. And why does he immediately have sex after finding out his wife is unfaithful? If it were me, I would have cramps or a headache (from too much booze) or I would be tired, or my penis would have an irritation on it or some nice excuse, but I would not have sex that night. A private detective would be helpful. In fact, the best way to see what's really going on would be to fake a trip. "I need to go out of town for 3 days to a company-related meeting" (maybe to get continuing education credits); he could even find a meeting and register, then not go, or he could go but come back a day early (we know from lots of other LW stories that it's possible). He could then catch her in the act. I also think more should have happened in this story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
well I have read the whole story': its sucks

who ever said that Gay or Bi writers cannot figure out straight men is 100% correct. This writer certainly has No clue. Wait to see how bad hapter 2 is where the hsuband calls his best freind a " JEALOUS BITCH:...

I mean jesus christ

ohioohioabout 17 years ago
the writing is beautiful, and full of feeling

Unlike many readers, I don't feel the need to tell the author how her characters should have behaved. It's her story! Instead, I like going along for the ride. I like Jules's confusion and doubt, caught between his best friend's horrifying story and his desperate love for his wife. That he would still make love to her, suspicious of her but desperate to believe that she's faithful, makes perfect sense to me.

Give the author a chance to let her story play out! She writes passionate and intense feelings into her stories, and I enjoy them very much.

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Behind The Words Is A Writer Into Male Humiliation

She continues her trashing of men with this tale of a man that she turns into a soppish wimp who flails helplessly in her words of weakness and despair.

She obviously was hurt by a male figure once in her life but now uses her words to disrespect males with prose that flows flowery and delicately with disgust in the process and end.

A sordid waste of talent - again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
i'm sure

ohio's gonna read the next installment, and the one after, and proclaim it is a genius stroke of a story as well! ;o)

of course, the overwhelming readers tell the author their minds, and it is too much for the author to take, so she forego a feedback venue! hahahahhaa!

if a husband/spouse is made dumber than this "reflective" idiot in this story, he would be ranked in terms of intelligence next to a rock in the mud,,, but again author Ohio must support emerging brilliant authors, so he says this story is just "brilliant"! LOL

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 17 years ago
I'm with Ohio.

So nicely done. You catch all the anguish, confusion and doubt that real people would go through. Hubby is so much more realistic than the usual 'Action Jackson' guy who knows just what to do. Most of us would be so stunned we'd die if breathing weren’t an automatic reflex. The subtlety and sophistication of your writing misses a lot of people, it seems. Their loss. <P> Thanks for writing. <P> Phil

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
Vile anti men hateful crap

<b>This whole chapter is a GAY mens fantasy of how straight men react talk and think. </b> Its a pathetic Joke and this story is BAD. I have read the whole thing over at another site and its pretty bad. Someone else said this writer has NO clue about HOW why straight act think and behave... and they are correct. <b> The SIGNIFICANCE of the husband calling his best friend PAUL "JEALOUS BITCH" cannot be over stressed. It is NOT a slip up. </b>

Moreover after the husband talks to his secty he openly admits / concedes that Paul has never shown a day or second of jealously.......But that is the 1st thing out of his motuh when he speaks to Paul. That is how two girls or women fight NOT straight men. Again 1000% GAY.... that scene would never take place in THAT manner in real life.

wait this story gets a lot worse.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
Gee, Ohio, I hope I don't piss off the others

angiquesophie: WOW!! You're an author new to me. I am truly impressed with the skill and dexterity you displayed in penning this story. 'Jules''internal dialog was fascinating. The quality of this story appears to me to be on par with offerings I've read from "Dr. Mabeuse" and "tiedwide." I consider that to be high praise. I will agree with previous commenters that your protagonist doesn't seem to have the hairiest chest in the room, but I consider him to be far from walking around with a limp wrist. I found his making love with his wife after his friend's revelation to be very believable. It doesn't matter what his friend told him...he doesn't want to believe. Thus, he is not going to act if as if he believed she were unfaithful. The very act is intended to drive away his doubts. Knowing that she no longer cares to perform oral sex, he insists on her fellating him to validate and reinforce his belief of her commitment to him. In answer to a question/concern that others have mentioned, why would he be worried about STD's if he truly doesn't want to believe the possibility of catching them exists? I am in total agreement with 'Ohio' and 'TiggerToo.' This was intriguing and fascinating.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
Makes sense to me, Harry

How many posts do you have to make on any one particular story in trying to make your point? Okay, you didn't like it. Why does it really matter to you whether or not someone else likes it? You respond as I would an adolescent would...it's so GAY! Really, Harry, is that the best you can do? I was in your corner, Harry. I thought if you just could eliminate the personal attacks and obscenities, that there was hope for you. Color me VERY wrong! Harry, this mantra you have, the one that goes..."that speaks volumes"...it's getting kinda old. Speasking of "volume," Harry, can you turn yours down?

Blue88Blue88about 17 years ago
Emotional, Gutwrenching story

At the risk of exposing my left flank, I have to state that this author, and I use the term unreservedly, certainly captured the angst and the horror being experienced by Jules. I'm sure that there are those of the opinion that infidelity should be faced with total and utter condemnation, and there may be something to that. But here is the conundrum: what does a husband, who is totally and completely in love with his cheating wife, do? Are the answers to that question truly so simple? Jules could take a gun and shoot her or he could turn his head and ignore it all. Of course, there are a vast number of options between those poles and there is where the tension and emotions lie.

This author certainly has the skill to take us on such a journey and will take those of us who appreciate her skills along.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Style fine-content poor

I love your writing style--very smooth flowing, introspective. However, your plot leaves a bit to be desired. His close friend tells him his loving wife "may" be cheating on him and "probably" is cheating with her boss, so Dumbo lives in a cloud of suspicion and fear, but does nothing to verify or deny friends accusation. Is this man a total idiot?

60 year old George

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
Great Writing Skill

you have a very confident command of your writing skill. It made this prologue an interesting read. As for your male charactor I am just asking that you not listen to the harry backed, high testosterone club. I agree with Big Phil in that your man is not the harryiest chest in the world but certainly not effeminate. In other words just an average guy that I hope will be a good charactor in the upcoming chapters. Do it your way and ignore the meatheads. It's the only way to feel good about yourself.

PAEMT1987PAEMT1987about 17 years ago
What is the point?

I admit that the man in this story isnt very manly and there are some plot issues, but the emotion and vivid storytelling is what is good here. Perhaps the reason that the male character exhibits female qualities is that as far as I can tell a woman is telling the story. Harry and Ohio, I would not expect you to write a story from a female point of view as a man and get it right. However I see she has a lot of green E's. Means she is doing something right.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Another call for a civil disagreement

I am still a bit shaken by the personal attacks I have seen and responded to in chapter 10 of “New and delicate balance”. In fact, I have started reading this story mostly for the purpose of both checking myself and checking other readers’ reactions to authors work which for one reason or another seem to stir the pot. <P>

As for my personal reaction to this chapter, despite the famous strong style, I could not get involved because of the problem of credibility of the main character. I could not buy the husband character. Could there be out there males like him? Of course. But reality can be more not less fantastic than realistic fiction for the simple reason that the former has –reality on its side. A true story does not have to be credible at all! A baby could fall from the 15th floor and stay unharmed and indeed it happened. Write it in a fiction and you will be dismissed as incredible. Yes, you aim in fiction not to the rare and the extreme, clearly not as your ‘default' character and expect us to go with it. If you do aim at the exceptional and the rare, you have to build it as such. If you have not done that preparatory work, than that’s your failure as an author. If you can’t distinguish between the two, live and learn. <P>

Please note that I have not said that the author has an agenda, that she hates males. All I can comment about is the demonstrated skill of depicting male characters. Part of this skill would be the task of building credibility. Period. All that I say is that I see a consistent difficulty in this area; a shortcoming; lack of comprehension; a wall which have not been crossed. <P>

Some would agree with this assessment, some would not. Those who agree are not “meatheads” as one reader suggested (in response to a similar assessment). On the other hand those who agree don’t automatically hold the key to the truth to human nature (ands vice versa). We just create a collection of opinions here. I suggest though that in accumulation, those opinions should have high educational value to the author if listened to carefully. <P>

Similar are the myopic views which advise to essentially ignore any criticism. I would call this “throwing the baby with the water”. Just because not everyone has the language to put his/her feelings in the most accurate /refined/pleasant to the ear way, does not mean that the read is lesser somehow than that of another who express him/her self more eloquently and/or happens to be complimenting the story. Another bad advice is to ignore readers because they are not writers. What kind of logic informs this advice? Can any of us then be allowed to not like any movie or any music if we are not musicians or personally involved in the film industry? <P>

Again, please, every one, avoid ad hominem attacks on authors and fellow readers. Would any of you express yourselves in the same way to the face of that person? Does the protection of anonymity give any of us a waver on respect and civility? Is our own dignity equals the thickness of the walls in our homes? .

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Sides

I fall on the side that Hubby knew, in his brain, that his friend was right and his Sweetie was not, any longer, what she had been (or what he thought she had been!) However, in his heart (with the benefit of brain-dulling booze) he hoped she was still his soul-mate of old!

It also seems to be clear that his brain was in the process of overriding his heart (despite the chemical influence) and doing it fairly quickly, because his trust in his Bud was stronger than more subjective inputs!

5*

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

You have set the stage for a wonderful tale. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

I am actually trying to pare down my favorites list to a top twenty all time favorites. This is for sure one of my all time favorites. Five stars. The beauty of this is not necessarily in the storyline, which is typical of Literotica. This is a great story because of how beautifully written it is. You can feel the emotion. The language is poetic at times. It is heart wrenching. Filled with wisdom. Loved how you weaved the tag line of betrayal throughout.this is one of the best writers to grace LE. While her newer work has become darker, AS is a master at capturing the pain and emotion connected with betrayal.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years ago
Incredibly well written

I’m jealous of your writing skill. I’m an author that appreciates quality work and this is masterful. Needless to say a five from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I am

Hooked. ...

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

Great start. On to Ch.2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. Instant engagement. A deep appreciation for the feeling of being reeled in. Or cocooned, perhaps.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I wouldn't go near this bitch's cunt until I verified it for myself. Let alone put my mouth on it.

xhunter4uxhunter4u15 days ago

Yet another protagonist who is a complete idiot. Wife stops blowing him and he's clueless. Friend tells him he saw his wife kissing another man and getting into a hotel elevator with the other man and he doesn't believe it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
1325 Followers
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES