All Comments on 'I Married John Cerutti'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
The Way It Is

As often as you read a writers work, you form opinions of the writer based on their ilk - their interest - the subjects that cause them to spend their time, talent and self.<P>

This was an interesting effort displaying strong talent and on the surface of itself quite different and entertaining.<P>

However, the portfolio it resides in is much less than that by writer choice of subjects and themes. A writer certainly has the right to do as desired but should understand that our visualization is limited to what they do in aggregate. People are largely what they do. Both here as in life where applause and fallout occur by their choice.<P>

Like elephants, minds offended are slow if ever to forget. Saying that this story was a movement towards reality and a possible of life that wasn't abrasive or demeaning. It wasn't nice but it did have consequence - except for the weird closing of the ex-wives whorehouse which begs puzzlement as to its relationship or benefit to the story.<P>

Why the quirk? Or perhaps the writer has no expectation of general acceptance and appreciation for her talent.

Pirate TregarePirate Tregareabout 17 years ago
Careful on naming names

Interesting, odd story. I read it mostly because I was intrigued as to why someone would make an obscure former Blue Jays pitcher turned broadcaster, now deceased, the subject of their story.

Looks like it was just a coincidence, but the fact I "knew" the name kept me off balance, always expecting something else.

Best to google any name you "make up" to be sure it's not known for something else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
more proof this author does NOT get Hetro at all

well written but realy NOT funny and not satrical at all. It is said people with agendas causes be religious kooks or those for example pushing estrogen laced agendas....... have NO sense of humor.

Men/husbands working hard... even over time for a few weeks or months is NOT by itself even close to justification for cheating...

how can they be married and he be away 3 or 4 times a month.... 2 or 3 nights at a shot and she NOT know what he does for a living?

be reasonable? how does she marry some guy a 53 year old man a tradtional old world guy who she knows has already betrayed once and then DEMAND or expect him to change?

reasonable?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Any woman who cheats. cheats on purpose,

whatever she says caused it is just a rationization for the fact she is a totl worthless slut, a piece of trash to be thrown in the gutter. To marry for money makes one have sex for money, prostitution by any other name is still prostitution. This slut wasnt worth the time to date much less to marry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Many ponderables here...

He seems to have the one taste in women, proven by their later lives and friendships. Was he cruel or just a big softy is another question. I think the latter since he gave each wife about a year of living well; thus giving them time to cement the foundations for life after JC. Then there was his unshakable belief in his choice of women; so much so he always sought approval for a new love from his previous wives.

The story reminded me of the times in old England when there was a custom to sell one’s wife for a shilling; once she had outlived her usefulness (?). Ouch! I feel the stinging bite of whips across my broad chauvinistic shoulders...lol.

Angiquesophie, many thanks for another fine tale

My best wishes

AgenaAgenaabout 17 years ago
Imaginative

a - You're an exciting, imaginative writer. I enjoy your prose very much.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 17 years ago
I laughed until I almost cried....

....hilarious....that will teach a cheating wife to set a double standard for hubby....though I don't get why the hell he keeps marrying those women....is this guy a different kind of Bluebeard? I give it a 5 and will mention this on the AH.

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
Delicious

As always your writing is tremendous. I think what I love most about it is its simplicity. It's a lesson for other writers that(including me at times)believe that more is better when writing a story.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
ALL THE HANDWRITING AND PRENUPS AND WORD OF MOUTH

how dumb does a person have to be to fail that exam. TK U MLJ LV NV

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
Loved it!

Great story, small and delicious like a fine piece of pastry, you had me grinning at every turn. ^_^

Not many writers know their way around the fine art of subtlety, thank you for yet another succulent delivery of a humorous and cutting morsel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A fun read

Not much to talk about, just a fun read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
1323 Followers
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

story TAGS