All Comments on 'Sorry Charlie, Part Deux'

by leapyearguy

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
Gary_LostGary_Lostabout 17 years ago
Loved It

Great story, I had tears in my eyes because I laughed so hard at some parts, especially the masterbation part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Job

It's great to read a story when the author does such a good job.Yes,A great job of writting Charlie as a stupid ass hole.

Spew1234Spew1234about 17 years ago
Awesome Story

After all poor Charlie went through, it's great to see how everything worked out in the end. I especially liked that, for a change, trust won out and a husband believed his wife.

I'm only waiting to see all the naysayers whining about her being a cheating slut, etc. since that's the only possible scenario they can believe in. Makes me wonder how pathetic their love lives are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
'Great read and funny as hell!'

Thanks, we needed a good laugh today! Obviously, this compliments your other good work and efforts. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Another nice job - funny as hell!

I probably would have put it in Humor and Satire again, but no big deal.

Charlie had better realize what a gem of a wife he has - sooner rather than later.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great Job

The guy finally got it right. Funny story and a great point at end. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Okay

Well written, but superficial. I disagree with the premise of the story. Frankly, people lie but DNA can't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great

you got me laughing, w/c in my book, is a good thing.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
A rollicking good read

Got more'n one belly laugh out of it. Thank you, LYG.

<P>

I think that maybe Charlie's leap of faith wasn't so blind after all. Thanks again for a great read.

<P>

P.S. Was that leap of faith or leapyearguy of faith? :D

<BR>

Sorry, Charlie. :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
complete nonsense

if it was place under "humor and satire," I won't say it is a complete nonsense, since that is the category for humor and satire. but since it is place under loving wives, I must say it is a complete nonesense...

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Starts out so hilarious and ends in moralizems

It was really a scream and a hilarious piece till you had and go and get moralistic at the end.<p> By most standards his realization of not really needing proof would normally have led to a huge hug from his wife. Then a demand he have the sperm count done as it would just show how much she appreciated his realization of his trust in her, and she would want it to never be even a small thought to cross any of their minds again. She would see her loving husband was scared of “what if” not of distrust. The mind can play tricks with our reason as we face a fear we never dreamed would come up. He would be required to have a sperm test done before a second vasectomy would be performed by any doctor anyway.<p>Very nice little story and the first two thirds were just so very funny and uplifting.<p>Thanks for the entertainment<p>PT

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Just a good piece and so much to savor

I have read this again and I have to vote a 100 as your writing is just too good to put a stupid 75 up there.<p>Sorry for the rant about moralistic as you had me laughing so hard I hated to stop when the story got serious.<p>Again I’m sorry for the first score.<p>PT

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 17 years ago
Nice job!

Good work, leapyearguy. You continued the humor from Part 1 and ended up making solid philosophical observation. There will be plenty of folks who say Charlie is a fool. He may be. But if he is, he is a happy fool in a world HE chose. He is the master of his fate, the captain of his soul. Time and fate may prove that he is delusional and destroy his happiness, but as Part 1 illustrated, that can happen at any time.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
Pathetically STUPID is funny?

since when? what a fucking loser this guy is

Simple49erSimple49erabout 17 years ago
Cannot anyone just laugh a little?

Does anyone who reads this section have a sense of humor about the fantasies that appear here? More people get themselves in a twist in the Loving Wives section than any other. The verbal assaults on the authors here are amazingly vitriolic.

Get a life!

This is fiction. The author's imagine a situation and run with it. If you do not like it, leave it.

The author of the story clearly gets how silly this section can be and uses irony, satire, and verbal bumbling of a character to laugh a little about something that some people take far too literally here. Men cheat! Women cheat! The authors' write about this not to make some deep, serious point, but rather to consider the what if's of the situation, the possibilities.

This author had some fun and and he did it very well. Can the readers not just go with it.

Kanga40Kanga40about 17 years ago
Good read

Great continuation from the first 'Charlie'.

I liked the sense of fun and all the malapropisms...

Not often you find a cleverly written story on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Difference between Comedy and stupidity

There is a difference between comedy and stupidity, but apparently this writer is not aware of the difference. --a sad excuse for what is supposed to be humor or satire.

the CT. Yankee

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
More!

Every time you decide to get funny, my belly hurts! Comedic writing is an art of it's own and you are very good at it. I will always welcome one of your humor stories. A great continuation and very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Hmmmm, would the wife who did not want kids

accuse him of not being snipped if she was pregnant? The wife is to sure he is the father knowing he had been snipped. Yeah, I would have had the test done, and then tested the DNA of the little bugger as it popped out if I had not had it done while it was in the womb, yes it can be done. Funny, sorry I didnt think it funny, stupid perhaps, brainless more to the point. Wonder how many proud fathers are paying to raise their wifes bastards?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
LOVING WIVES

Isn't this the category? Not sluts want big black cocks, Not you can't trust the lying cheating gutter slut, not I want to suck the cum out of your cunt category. There was real true deep love here. I wish more writters would realize this. Thank you LYG, I loved the story. And to the last commentor, ask your dad how much it cost to raise you. then you'll have the answer to your question!

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
Very good

Very humorous tale.. Actually, every marriage needs that much trust.. It'll not last long without it.. Enjoyed this story very much!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Trust But Verify

Assuming for the moment that the wife is truthful, Charlie's action is great and a wise one. The followup to that would be to quietly get a DNA check for paternity after the baby is born for his own peace-of-mind.

Vasectomies do fail. It is even more common for spouses to fail in their responsibility to be faithful. The test would just be a little reassurance of which failure took place here.

Finally if the result showed that she had failed she would have failed at least twice. The first failure would have been the physical failure which resulted in the pregnancy, the second failure would have been lying to try to hide her infidelity.

Just my own thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
It shines through

Your sense of humour shines through all of the crap that some previous comments contain. Excellent story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
refreshing

humour is always a good thing. so ia sex. makes life alot better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Love, love, love it!!!

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL A STORY!!! Believable situation and people. Not just some mindless black men hammering some white brainless twits or vice-versa. If I wanted to read a stroke story I would just go to the erotic coupling category, pick any of the submission and jack myself off._____LYG, thanks for such fine, sensible, humouress yet heart-warming story.

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 17 years ago
Loved the two stories.

Now, to pick a nit. Bags of ballons for kids are readily available at many of the same places condoms are sold and certainly at the places a faithful wife would frequent. The wife's explanation of the condom usage is pretty lame although in keeping with the comedic tone of the story. Personally, I'd get a DNA test done on the kid. Thanks for writing. Phil

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Bullshit

Even worse than the other one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Very entertaining

Great story. I laughed out loud at both the Charlie stories. Thanks, to one of the best story tellers here.

Emerald_DragonEmerald_Dragonover 16 years ago
Loved it!

If the first one was so horrible why did he read the sequel and bother to respond? What an asshole, probably dumb as a box of rocks to boot. Maybe he didn't leave his name because he can't spell it? Keep up the great writing! Hope you don't mind me picking on your heckler. It is fun and I really enjoy it!!!!! (Don't suppose he's hearing voices of former bad literary critics in his head?)

Orion623Orion623over 16 years ago
Even Funnier Than the First One

Both parts were terrific. LYG knows how to write.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
Charlie's medical annals - encore!

This one was funnier than the first installment; kind of a high toll for follow ups!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Good ending but...

They're too old to even want kids.(Sorry Charlie)Pistolpackinpete

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Really good story but...

...it still did not answer the question that CapeCodMercury raised after the first part. What was it that Doc. Bob and Mary wanted to talk to Charlie about that they never did?<p>

In this installment there is a new doctor and a pregnant wife even though Charlie had been "vasectomized". There is a fleeting reference to Mary cheating "a year ago" which she also fleetingly denied. Was that supposed to mean something? Was Dr. Bob the father of the new baby boy?<p>

The humor was there, but so was an element of seriousness in Charlie's ruminations about trust. There were a lot of questions left for the reader. Did the author have Mary's affair in mind and then decide to change it without removing the reference to it (What Bob and Mary wanted to talk to Charlie about.) Had it been going on for some time, and did it, in fact, continue into the second installment?<p>

We can never know the answers to these questions unless the

author tells us. And if he decided to change that element of the story, that is his prerogative. But, gosh...a lot of questions remain to distract the reader.

hawkeye007hawkeye007about 14 years ago
Trust but verify

If the husband does does not verify that the child is his, will his mind ever be truly at rest? Could his wife truly believe the child was her husband's knowing he might not be? Could she have played a dangerous game of chicken with her husband, hoping he would not go through with the sperm test? Of course there is the possibility, even to a cynic like me, that she is on the level. A quiet DNA test would resolve the mystery.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 14 years ago
Cute. Potentially funny. Trust but verify. DNA is EASY.

To many unanswered questions. This guy is on the edge mentally anyway. HE REALLY NEEDS to verify. If the kid is his GREAT, if not well, then he can kick her and her bastard kid to the curb.

Nice try at humor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
The hero

Acts like a hysterical screaming faggot. Always screaming in his mind about something.

For the sake of your plot, you got your hero to talk about his betrayal of his wife. Huh? Could you kindly grab a dictionary and look up the word?

Oh and it's wrap not rap.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 13 years ago
Butt

YouD still do a sperm count test so the forMer doctor could pay for vasectomy #2 and maybe some damages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Wouldn't the new doctor insist on doing a sperm count before re-doing the vasectomy just to cover his ass with his insurance carrier, follow procedures and pad his bill?

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
Trust. Trust. Oh yes, I recall now, that was an ancient concept that

was pretty much discarded by all involved sometime between Watergate and Monica Lewinsky...

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
LOL great setup

Trust comes from ???????

He was given bad medical evidence not once but multiple times and had challenged his faith in his wife and lost once already -

The conflicting evidence now has him trying to figure our where the best quality of life lay? You set this chapter up well - taken alone we say do the tests, any and all, test for sperm now DNA later - BUT - in this context is it the right choice???

Great question I liked your answer - even if I might not have the faith to go there -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
nagging thoughts

Sorry Charlie, shoulda waited for the results.

drtsdrtsover 10 years ago
dna

Simple have the test

get proof

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Jesus Fucking Christ! Will somebody just kill this fucker already!

K.K.K.K.about 10 years ago
Loved these two stories.

Don't know how I missed these stories until now but I am glad I found them this morning. Both parts of the story were a joy to read and both scored a 5 with me. Should have been tens but 5 was the max allowed. I guess now I will have to go back and read more of your stories to see what other gems I have missed.

KK

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
A newer story on the horizont?

Do I read well K.K. is on the board again?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Damn

No rating. If in doubt, check the DNA. Trust and love don't work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
in god we trust

Trust but verify.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
DNA Test

After the child was born he could have a DNA test without her knowing...

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE OLD SAYING PROVES CORRECT

Mama Baby.....Daddy Maybe...TK U MLJ LV NV

looking4itlooking4itabout 9 years ago

Is it possible a vasectomy doesn't work right? Yes. Is it more probable she is carrying another man's baby? Yes. If she can't handle confirmation post birth then she isn't being realistic. Simply another closet cuck story.

SoMikeSoMikeover 8 years ago
Yeah, humorous? Maybe...

The problem with this story, and it was funny in its own way, was the author's penchant for turning the male protagonists' in his other works into cuckolds. I did not feel very comfortable at the end of both of these stories as it seemed to be a sideways homage to cuckolding wives. A bit of subterfuge. Too many loopholes, and the moralizing at the end rings rather hollow. Their is so much pain and misery in the cheating wives stories of this author, and others, that it seems rather disingenuous.

I think Lit should just go ahead and make up a separate category, Cheating Wives/Cuckold, and let those who enjoy that sort of thing post there, and maybe leave the Loving Wives category to stories of actual loving wives, as opposed to those selfish, vicious vixens who populate the whole cuckold genre. Don't even get me started on the BBC propagandists here and elsewhere.

Yeah, I know, lighten up.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
A big big five stars

Ok, I admit it. I haven't been burned by my wife. Maybe if I had, I would be as cynical as many of the other commentators are. But nothing in Mary's behavior indicates disrespect for Charlie. I would believe her too. Charlie very nearly hurt Mary very badly. Instead, he turned it around and made her love for him feel vindicated. It hit me right in the gut; I sure wasn't expecting a move that wise from Charlie. Very touching!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
hahaha

revasectomified....lmao

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
frustrating!!!!

Nobody who is normal could live with this situation.

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
Scum

Cheating, betrayal, life destroying actions. This is dark shit. It is evil. You are causing pain and suffering for your own personal enjoyment. Cheating is not supposed to be entertainment. It's just as fucking disgusting as murder, gore, rape. If an author also doesn't warn about the evil contents of a story, then they Deserve ever harsh word that comes their way.

As for this story, I didn't care for it much. Spineless wimp. Wife should have insisted on the test anyway because most guys would start to wonder if they changed their minds and the wife went along with it so easy. Now it will hang over them forever and will likely be the cause of later strife. Always verify. Nobody never lies.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 7 years ago
very funny

is revasectomified a real word? if not it should be! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Oh HELL NO!

IDIOT! FOOL! Trust but verify. No fucking way he doesn't check the baby's DNA. I don't care how much he loves her.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
ONCE AGAIN,,,,WHOM DO YOU TRUST

to be the most truthful and loyal. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Stupid

Worthless piece of shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Funny

I don’t know what people are complaining about, this story was the best laugh I’ve had in a week. On the other hand, “Wink Eubarker”? “Episcoterian”? Jeez, what a name dropper.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Laughing

I agree with last Anony, when that probate gland goes south, you are in trouble. Plumb fun, your humorosity is infectious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
NFW!

I wouldn’t trust her. I’d of finished with the sperm test, even gotten a DNA done on the baby.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Lighten Up

I waited to read both stories before I commented and enjoyed the hell out of both, haven't laughed so hard reading a story since I read 'The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy" years ago. That said, People, relax, grab a drink or the poison of your choice and read/enjoy this with the spirit(s)! in which it was written and the way most of us took it. This means humor, so if you don't get it, if you are that miserable of a lack of a human being - go piss up a rope. The rest of us are laughing at you. Signed: BTW

TrambakTrambakover 4 years ago
Ohhhh man!

Charlie is so self depreciating. He knows his weaknesses and follies. And he loves his wife. He finally gets his act together and man's up. His dalliance with the medical fraternity is sooo cute.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
If

If that old probate gland is working well, life is good. That was one funny story.

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

Yes folks it’s another marriage made in heaven he’s a moron she’s a whore. I see so many fun times ahead. Awwwwwwww bless.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Whose

Whose child is it ?Why didn't he have a DNA test done,why just take Mary's word.?

IndulgemenowIndulgemenowabout 3 years ago
Very funny

Your humour has shown through in other stories, but you outdid yourself in this one.

However, there were several editing errors, namely using "tact" instead of "tack", councilor should have been counsellor. Losing is correct, not loosing, and you wrap something up, not rap it. Overall, the errors detracted from, but did not spoil, my enjoyment. Thankyou

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

Very funny, but at some point I thought he needed a shrink because he seemed to be on the verge of a big depression.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Good one, although I don’t believe her for a minute.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Good sequel , Leapy!

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
If

If they ever remake the National Animal Lampoon House film,this fellow as all the attributes for a starring role.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Trust but verify, quietly

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I dunno, 'rap'-ping something up sounds like something our man Charlie would try. At least once.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can you say "malpractice suit"?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Oh my God this was funny. I laughed so much I scared my wife and children. I couldn't tell them why. I just kept gasping "MOMMY" in between gales of laughter. I don't know, maybe it's man thing. Wow, I needed that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a funny story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pathetic

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

Damn, Son, what a sense of humor. Loved it!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Laughed my ass off! Sounds like the ANON below just might be your fictitious Character in your story and probably the same ANON from others that said the same exact thing. What an ASS! Loved it for 5 BIG ASS FLAMING SHOOTING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Three fingers, huh? When my doctor checked my probate it felt like he put his fist up there. Great story, guy, thanks for the laughs. 5⭐️s.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

This author was an idiot who either didn't proofread or failed to grasp the concept of consistency.

He goes on and rants about how blind trust was better than possibly finding out his wife cheated and ruining his life but then announces he needs to get another vasectomy. That's the same risk. When the urologist completes the incision and retracts the scrotum, he or she will know immediately if the original procedure reversed itself. The vas deferans will be attached to one or both testicles or they won't. Either way it's the same result as a semen test except for potency.

As I said, leapyear was stupid in this case.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Huh?

fredbrownfredbrown10 months ago

Ole Charlie has quite a few screws loose and the most patient wife in history. The decisions of ole Charlie tickle my funny bone (not the other bone) and the story is a 5-star for me .......

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker5 months ago

😁😁🤷🤷✌️✌️👁️👁️🙋👍👍👍👌👌💯💯💯🎉

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 months ago

Charlie is a fucking idiot.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 months ago

AngelRider is stupid in ANY case.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I don’t feel sorry for cCharlie, I feel sorry for Mary being married to such a self cantered moron. This should have been in humour and satire and even then it’s not that funny. Mary deserves better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Sorry Charlie Previous Part
Sorry Charlie Series Info