All Comments on 'Blind Date'

by Many Feathers

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
madengineer3madengineer3almost 17 years ago
Wow!!

This is perhaps the best erotic story that I have ever read! It isn't full of the mechanics of sex, which we run into all the time. It is, instead, a look inside people and how they are, versus how they want to be seen. This is good work!

mtstorymtstoryalmost 17 years ago
Wow is right

This is one of the best stories I read. Thanks

BenLongBenLongalmost 17 years ago
Fantastic

Wonderful. Sublime. The superlative of superlatives. Even my wife would enjoy this one.

I sincerely think this one has just moved to the top of my all time best list. Thanks Feathers

TiggerTooTiggerTooalmost 17 years ago
Superlative

I'm a softy for stories like this. Thanks for writing. Phil

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Rerun story

I've read this story before. It has been on the list and has now been rerun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
hit close to home

As a blind woman I was very anxious to read your story. I thank you for painting a picture of an independent "blind" woman. However, there's one point I must address: I was disappointed that you employed the tired Hollywood cliche of a blind person asking to feel someone's face to get an idea of what they look like. I have never, nor do I know any blind person who has ever, done that. Since she had intended to become intimate with him it may be a different situation but the face touching is an all to often used stereotype.

coaster2coaster2almost 17 years ago
Good yarn with a softer than real ending.

I liked the idea and the work up but I felt you could have taken more time to develop the relationship and the "I'm about to be healed" ending was a bit disappointing.

Nonetheless, a good yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
wonderful little story

thank you! now, this IS erotic, that is eroticism! yeah, and tenderliness, too ;o)

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
Good story

Enjoyable read. I thought the ending was a bit quick but, overall, very entertaining. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
More

Hope that there is going to be more parts to this.

sam_177sam_177almost 17 years ago
liked it to a point

but the ending was terrible.

The sexual compatability thing plus her mixed messages at the end ruined it for me.

I've never believed that sexual compatability thing. It's just an excuse to sleep around. It's not like he had a square peg to her round hole so they're not compatable. It doesn't work like that. When you become compatable as people sex is better. And you do that by communicating.

I can kind of understand the test thing. She's been hurt before but lying about your condition is not a good way to start a relationship. But what kind of relationship does she want?

She says she wants to take things slow while at the same time putting him under pressure to perfom right then and there. I know it's a story about friends with benifits but it seems like she wants the benifits more than friendship.

And just how well does she expect he'll do after she's lied to him and put him on the spot?

And I didn't believe the ending at all. How can he say that he taught him to see? I would have thought he'd have already discovered who she was. A liar who cares more about sex than friendship.

That may be a bit harsh but that's what I was thinking at the end. I definately couldn't see a romantic relationship forming. Yet this story is in the Romance catagory.

Over all it was ok but it could have been a lot better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Nice story, but..

these are really crude and vulgar people. Pretentious and financially well off apparently, but totally without honesty or character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Enjoyed it.

I found it very, sweet, romantic and sensitive. It was more than just a suck & fuck boilerplate. I'd like to see the next chapter in their growing relationship.

Bill Mac

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Anticipation

This is beautifully romantic, sensitive, sensuous, and it will probably wind up being a loving adventure, hopefully for life for the two of them - and there's the rub. I want to know what happens, I want closure to this story with all sorts of joy and happiness. I have read so many of your stories that need another chapter. It is not fair to leave us wanting even if it does drive us to the next story in the hope we will find some that finish.

From: Older Guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
refreshing

this story is a wonderfull change from the big dick tight pussy stories. i loved it!!! i just wish there was more. to those of you who had problems with this story, get a life. take it as it was ment to be not what you want. write your own story and see if you do half as well

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Thank you

It is a beautiful story, very well written.

oldwayneoldwayneover 14 years ago
Outstanding!

You wrote this with amazing insight and sensitivity. It was very believable...like you had experienced it yourself. Thank you for a very well written story.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 12 years ago
Nice tale Feathers.

I enjoyed your tale and my only regret was that it wasn't longer.

MadBrownMadBrownover 11 years ago
VERY WONDERFUL AND MOVING

Rack up another 5. I loved every word of this loving and sensitive story.

Redwan666Redwan666over 11 years ago
Best of the BEST.

My most favorite story of all times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beutiful

A beutiful story. Well done!!

phd70phd70over 11 years ago
Wonderful Tale!

Development of the relationship and emotional connecton was masterful. Also very delicate sexual awakening and arousal was artfully painted. Many thanks for this brief but unforgetable story/painting. Dan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story, but

She lies to him and tests him on their first date. Not exactly the type of behavior that would give a guy a lot of confidence in her long term. And I wouldn't be too happy with the friend that set him up and lied to him. People that are willing to deceive and manipulate others don't make the best mates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The best story ever!

I have read and re-read the story and it is a beautiful love story. One of the best I have read on Literotica. Keep up the great work and I hope your health returns to normal soon.

jd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Amazing

I've never dated a girl who couldn't see. I think it would be an insight to another world. I think it would be a date where total honesty would be the biggest requirement. This is so erotic, and there is no 'sex scene' here at all. Thank You. My throat got dry just reading and thinking about it. I went out a few times with a girl with whom our mutual languages were a barrier. She was from Venezuala and spoke no English, but we were fine. We were able to enjoy good food and concerts in the park without having to be uncomfortable such as one of us might be at a movie. We did watch a couple of old Silent Films and we were able to enjoy them together. Of course, communication in sex is necessary, I learned. I held a condom packet up to here to find out if contraception was a concern and lightly touched her and explored her body to learn what she liked. I learned quickly that anal sex was out, which didn't bother me at all. We might well have been in a completely darkened room as we learned to communicate without words. Learning about someone completely new is so interesting and exciting and I think learning to be with someone totally blind would be similar.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
an interesting character study

also a strange place to end it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
odd

This is a really interesting kind of story. But it is so one-sided. She is pretty much left a mystery woman. He was having a totally new experience in a completely new world, but you ended the story. She'd explored his face, revealed herself to him partially and then fully but the reader still knows little of her. She decieved him more than once. First when she showed him her breast. And also when she told him about the eye surgery. She said that she didn't consider her blindness a handicap anymore, but a certain advantage. And yet she puts the lie to that statement by having had the operation. This would give a whole different meaning to 'sex in the dark', if she were truly blind. And she asked Suzanne, his friend, to help keep her lie going.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 9 years ago
Agree with the others

This story, well written as far as it goes, ends too early. Keri has hardly any character development, almost as if to say, "Sighted people cannot really know about blind people." Its good, though, that Keri and Dan actually try to get to know each other (at least as far as the story goes), not letting the story be overwhelmed by sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I like

Even though there was some deception, I can see (?) why. I have a disability, epilepsy, which when I was young was described as 'having fits'. The girls I grew up with found any number of excuses not to be seen with me outside school. My first lover was an older woman and educated about my condition. I was three years into college before my first 'date'. The reason I say all of this isn't for pity but to say that this is a truer story than the author ,maybe, knows. I can only imagine how it is for a woman with a disability that makes her vulnerable. This is a really good story even without any real sex scenes at all. It makes a point in a pleasant way. I've enjoyed this and I, personally, think you ended it just right.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 8 years ago
The usual ending to your stories

You are definitely the master of half a story . I've read quite a few of your stories now mostly I've given you 5 stars most of which you leave WIDE open at the END and when us the poor readers ask and beg for sequels you don't listen. What arrogance on your behalf. Why the hell do you and other authors ask us the reader to vote and leave comments when you don't bloody listen to us... your quite a gifted writer it's a shame you can't become a brilliant one and listen to what we your readers desire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Frustrating story

Well played until the non-ending. For the sake of the short story, they had to have sex on their first date. That I get. What I don't get is why you stopped where you did? It felt completely wrong to stop as they got to the bedroom. UGH!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Just Wow!

You made Keri a fascinating character. I didn't find the ending too abrupt at all. Thank you.

Kitist02Kitist02over 7 years ago
Very enjoyable

This is my "severalth" reading (I lost track) and I have enjoyed it every time. While we didn't learn as much about her backstory as we did his, the balance (as you showed in their conversation in the restaurant) was maintained perfectly for the story line. That's not easy to do, and again shows your skill at minimalist writing.

I have to say that not only would I not send Suzanne flowers, I'd take her off my "friend" list. She lied to him by both omission and directly with reference to her blindness. Regardless of how accepting of Keri and her subterfuge he was, it would always be a weak point in their relationship. For trust to survive, there has to be truth.

MVF_LitMVF_Litover 6 years ago
Outstanding

Short, but not a stroke story! A story with a plot.

WiserbyageWiserbyageabout 6 years ago
Fanfuckingtastic!!!

Excellent story!!!! 6 stars!!!

RanDog025RanDog025about 6 years ago
BEAUTIFUL STORY

Once again, amazing! I truly love reading your stories. i love how you incorporate the humor such as the comment about the ex mother in law and painting lipstick on your hand, GAWD, you crack me up sometimes or your story's do. thanx again Many Feathers!

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Great story

Very well written and told.

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingabout 4 years ago
Happy

I'm glad that I found this story. I think that it's a very noble attempt to tackle a difficult subject.

That being said, I think that they should have more than one date before ending up in bed. I also have to agree with the commenter who pointed out that blind people don't actually figure out people's personalities by touching their faces.

Still, I have to give you props for trying.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I would have liked the story to be longer. What you have written is very interesting and gives a person insight into what a blind person feels and sees. But again, I would like it better if you had continued the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hopefully, someone will continue another chapter in this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I wish there was more but this half assed ending seems to be your obsession.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful, just like of of your stories that I have read.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[20.12.22]

Tres Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

I liked the story, just didn't like that it ended way too soon. Don't guess we'll ever know if they progress beyond this one blind date, but that's how it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

well writen, nice plot, one of your best...............

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I kow from personal experience that blind women do nof feel oyr face to see what you look like!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I was hoping for a quip about this date being a "double-blind experiment".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous