All Comments on 'Complete NaNoWriMo'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
So that is what those counters are for ...

I wonder if I could do it. I could use it as an excuse not to pay attention to said in-laws. It could work!

Good luck in the contest!

Maharat

Unbridled_PassionUnbridled_Passionalmost 17 years ago
I learn something new every day!

I didn't even know this contest existed. Thank you for the info!

l8blooml8bloomalmost 17 years ago
This is great!

Ogg, this is possibly one of the clearest "how to" pieces I've ever read. It is laid out as clearly as a Carol Doak quilting pattern. (That's high praise.) Exceptionally well done! L8.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
A clear and encouraging summary of

something I've never heard of but sounds like it would be fun to try.

<p>

It has seemed that there is usually not much useful or usable in these "How To" contests, but this clear, concise and practical.

<p>

Impressive piece of writing for an hour.

<p>

Regards, Jack ... and good luck on the contest!

rachlourachloualmost 17 years ago
Thanks Og

I gave it a miss last year, but this year I will take your suggestions on board and have a go. Your advice was excellent.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101almost 17 years ago
You overlooked the hardest part

Writing 50,000 words in one month is not hard, if you can block out the time, and not be interrupted by a wife or husband or child or telelphone or other disturbance. The hard part is writing that much on one subject. Unless you pad your writing outrageously, it is very difficult to write as much as 2,000 words day after day, and keep it interesting. It would probably be easier to write a 2,000 word story every day, although that's not easy either.

angelicminxangelicminxalmost 17 years ago
Good How To, Ogg

I didn't reach my goal in last year's NaNoWriMo, life got in the way. This is a very useful piece. When the thread for NaNo is started next year, this piece should be linked in the first post. Good luck! ~Minx

RogueLurkerRogueLurkeralmost 17 years ago
you almost make me want to take up the challenge

I've always found the idea of NaNo to be daunting, but after reading your how to, it is a little less so. I always thought it had to be a novel - which is where I freeze up. A series of shorts, an outline and start of a novel, even a journal - I hadn't thought of that tact. The trick is to train myself to write - rain or shine. Perhaps next year I might take the plunge. thank you.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 17 years ago
Thanks, Og!

I SO could have used this last year!! Where were you then, huh!? I failed miserably... but now I have your how-to, I can't wait til November again! :))

Selena

damppantiesdamppantiesalmost 17 years ago
Good encouragement for aspiring NaNoers.

I've never been able to enter the NaNoWriMo because I thought it had to be a novel. Now that you've laid it out in this How To that it can be a series of stories or an outline or something other than a novel, it doesn't sound as daunting.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinalmost 17 years ago
Thanks, Og

A good How-To that may encourage more writers, maybe even me, to give the contest a try.

_Lynn__Lynn_almost 17 years ago
Thanks!..

Good tips to something I never heard of. A 2,000 word story every day? Interesting thought.

AngelWillingAngelWillingalmost 17 years ago
Never heard of it!

I had to google nanowromo. Interesting! I almost thing I could do it. Maybe!

MarshAlienMarshAlienalmost 17 years ago
Fascinating stuff

But probably the words all have to be different, and in those complete sentences, huh? Still, thanks for the info. Well done.

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 15 years ago
Thank You

Never noticed this article before. Thanks for linking me to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Advice!

I did NaNoWriMo last year and had a blast. I can't do it this year because I'm focusing on editing my manuscript to query Agents. I agree it's a fun experience for anyone to try aspiring writer or not.

davebccanadadavebccanadaover 3 years ago
Interesting

I had never heard of NaNoWriMo but when the spirit moves me I know I can complete one of my mystery novels in less than a month and they run around 150K so I guess I could pull it off. I'd have to plan a topic and the time to do it. Hmmm, very interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
1529 Followers
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...