All Comments on 'Photographs'

by MungoParkIII

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
thebulletthebulletalmost 17 years ago
Here's a different kind of revenge

Geez, I don't know if it could work that way, but I sure wish I had done this to my first wife.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
Excellent twist

Good zinger, liked the hubby's revenge. He broke no laws but collected from his cheating wife big time. Well told.

fregenfregenalmost 17 years ago
Temporary but good

Mommy and Daddy will obviously buy up this cold hearted cheater's debts but it will be satisfying for a while.

Her cheating, subsequent lack of remorse and utter disrespect when confronted really makes you wish he could do something more long lasting but this is not too bad. At least he avoids being taken to the cleaners.

Thanks for sharing.

ProfWriterProfWriteralmost 17 years ago
Great story!

Good zinger at the end. I was wondering how you were going to wrap it up. You even allowed for the rich parents to come after him.

I get tired of the sickos that can only vomit their unwarranted negativity on the authors in this category. Their false bravado shows through and makes me think that they must have been dumped and couldn't do anything about it at some time in their pathetic little lives. Keep writing!

PW

Don-DonnaDon-Donnaalmost 17 years ago
I'd bet a thousand dollars that he got more extra-

marital sex than she ever thought of having---This kind of creep always does--Those guys who are the most guilty are the ones who want big revenge if wife dares do it too.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalalmost 17 years ago
Weak effort

MP:<p>I enjoy reading stories in which those partaking of infidelity reap what they sow. But I didn't like this one.<p>This story compares to the writer providing to us one word from a sentence. As the word stands alone we know its meaning. But we have no idea how it fits within the context of the sentence because no sentence was given. So too this story. We know literally nothing about this couple so it is difficult to condemn the wife for her transgression. Not that cheating isn't wrong, we simply don't know what precipitated it. And, as we later learn from the husband's juvenile perception of revenge, it could be realistically surmised that he may have started it all by cheating first himself. Who knows? We are given so little, this story could go anywhere.<p>The comment previously posted that it is ridiculous that he suffered her cheating for a year in order to stick her with some bills is on the money (pardon the pun). According to this story her family most likely could afford to cover them for her anyway. Once all the dust has settled, I believe he will have suffered more than she. Cutting and running is an immature solution.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 17 years ago
Contrarian Opinion

I liked this story - good revenge story, and the revenge was richly deserved. Would have liked a little more character development and after effects, though.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
Heh

Psst. Anonymous. You missed something.

<P>

Of course, that wouldn't be the first time something flew over your head and probably won't be the last. LOL

BazzzBazzzalmost 17 years ago
Incomplete

It would be hard to believe that with the house in her name she would be so oblivious to the bills not being paid. And the credit cards, well if you think they are going to let you just float along with no payments for months at a time, it's just not how it works. Yet the revenge stories that use money as the tool of retribution always seem to suspend all financial logic so I guess it's okay here. What I didn't like was the lack of a plot or charactor development. I mean I knew as much about the private detective as I did about the husband and wife. Spend more time on your story, afterall, revenge is a dish best served cold.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 17 years ago
Less is not always more

I got too little context to appreciate what I was told about the two characters. At the same time the little I did know, made both the husband’s revenge and the wife’s ignorance kind of incredible. I just want to add something regarding the brevity of a story and it’s relation to the overall quality. It’s not about the number of words, or pages. IMO, even a very short story could convey a lot, and with a careful selection of information and a strategic use of plot devices, a lot could be conveyed even in few paragraphs. It is harder though, IMO to write a successful short story then to achieve the same with a longer piece. So, for new authors, my advice: plan carefully and at the same time give yourself some leniency with the length of the story. The idea that writing something super short will be easier might be an illusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Wonderful

loved it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
What we have here...

..is a lack of communication. Fill out the rest of the story for us! I like your creativity in his revenge. I already like the guy. I want to know more about the characters, like some of the other readers. The descriptions of the pictures were even sexy. You are a good writer, although you are often too brief. Give us, as Paul Harvey likes to say, the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Oh sweet

A perfect, short story of the most delicious revenge imaginable

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Excellent

Well played, well delivered. No need for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fantasy

Yes, your Honor. I was responsible for paying the bills. Yes, I allowed the house to go ...

Now he's screwed for the rest of his life trying to meet the judgment against him.

Pretty stupid guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Not so stupid

Actually, the guy was cagey. A husband is under no obligation to meet the debts incurred solely in the wife's name. If the house is in her name only, she is the one legally responsible for meeting the obligations. Automobile purchased in her name only? Credit card accounts in her name only? She is responsible for payment on those accounts, not him.

As for the money in the bank? Well, if the account is in both their names, which it apparently was, he has full access to the entire amount up until the moment of separation.

Bottom line is the bitch is SOL.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Good story.

It will still be a 50/50 split except for for the she brought into the marriage. Regardless of whose name they are in, the debts are marital debts and he is responsible for half.

Money that he took out of her account could be considered to be co-mingled and it that case, since he has receipts, it is gone. Otherwise, he would have to pay it back.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
the anon that is stupid enough to think a guy as smart as this guy

would stand in front of a judge and say yes I pay the bills. Come on if he planned all this, and you think he'll juswt roll over and tell the truth. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWhuedogg is so stupid

his birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
DOES RICH AND STUPID SEEM ASININE

and being arrogant to the bitter end. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
HA

How do you screw over an arrogant cheating slut whore wife?

Make her think you are clueless then take everything she has and pis on it, then walk out the door.

Just one sick man's opinion.

HA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
stoolie

he smoked the meaty cock, got a buggered cornhole, betrayed!

statestreetstatestreetover 10 years ago
Pretty effective story

A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this story $63,000.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
not all

a good looking rich bitch thinks she can have it all her way......guess not George

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5*****

Ha, Ha, Ha Good Modern Figaro type Revenge (BTB) story. I have not read it.

aptonthe503aptonthe503almost 9 years ago
Nicely Done Short

I enjoyed this short revenge story! Well executed! You have everything contained in one page!

Thank you and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1* !

Totally pompous , arrogant and inept garbage !

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Short and to the point!

Obviously with rich parents that raised her with those type of morals (or lack thereof) she really is not hurt.

Yeah, the house is a bit of a loss, but even there, the cheating cunt's parents will probably buy it back.

He really did not hurt her much. Not with rich family.

It is hard to believe he had this planned for 2 years though. Which is about the minimum it takes before the house goes to tax auction. Not to mention that if her credit cards were not paid they would not have worked and she would know.

Just some of the things that either made no sense or were just plain realistically flawed, but overall a nice bit of fantasy about getting back at a cheating cunt.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 7 years ago
Nice

and entertaining; 5*

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Oh yes

That is a classy burn for sure. Now if he could come up with a little something for John. Really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Enjoy It While You Can

A rather dumb man's brief (very brief) moment of self-satisfaction before his wife's lawyers make him deeply sorry that he had ever been born.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Fun, but not realistic.

It would take a long time to mess with the taxes, get the car repossessed, etc. He doesn't seem like the type to go along with it for that long.

That said, it was a fun BTB. She certainly deserved it!

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
What, Just Words?

In the story, he even mentions knowing about it for a year, but seeing actual photo evidence is a whole different level... so the author had him well aware of his situation.

What makes it seem like he's not the type you wait a year?

Where is he going off half-cocked? He sees the photos for the first time and it makes him ill. After that, he goes home and in a controlled manner, without unravelling, he proceeds to deliver blow after blow to his wife.

He is a realist, if anything. His wife came from money, and had money. He took the steps and time needed to inflict the heaviest hits he could to her, short of putting a gun to her temple. The only thing he could do, was reduce her lifestyle to ashes, even if it is just temporary. The best thing is making her lose the historical family house. Unless the family just stumps up the cash to bail her out or buy it back themselves, then once some other party gotta into a contract for it, they can't do a thing.

The family may bail her out... maybe... but he's got them right where they live, in the money.

I just don't understand your comment at all. Sorry. If anything, he OBVIOUSLY planned as carefully as he could and took his time.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again, a pretty good surprise BTB. Fuck the cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1* unfinnished

AethurAethuralmost 2 years ago

Enjoyable little tale. I'd love to see the aftermath in a sequel. 5*

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

5 stars - this type of BTB revenge works for me. No violence, No screaming, NO drama. I like it.

RE: the TAGS you need to add both cheating wife and sweet revenge.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why is this in loving wives?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

wrong catagory and not quite finished but good realistic btb....4 stars..JZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous