All Comments on 'Back to Bristol Ch. 04'

by GaryAPB

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Well written

You are one of the few authors whose work I dont end up skimming. I am full of empathy for your characters.

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 17 years ago
I said last chapter that I liked your style

but you are stretching it. Nothing happened in this chapter. Even if I try to read between the lines I cant come up with much of a reason for this chapter. You didnt reveal anything about the breakup or about peter's character or about what was coming wrt revenge. You had the hero sow the seeds of doubt in a few of peter's acquaintances but that was about 10 lines out of 3 pages. Move things along and quit trying to be stephan king - he is a shitty writer and you can do better than him for a role model. <p><p>

Here is where I usually say I like your writing and im eagerly awaiting the next chapter but I cant really bring myself to do it this time. I couldnt give 2 shits about what kind of alcohol the guy buys or how many drinks he has 'down to the pub'. Its good when authors use everyday settings to reveal the story in a more natural way than just blurting everything out in a monologue. A whole chapter with nothing in it just to pad you hit count is bad though.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
Much ado about nothing?

I disagree with Average Joe's assessment that nothing happened in this chapter. We get our first real look at Peter Davies's character, we find out Chris's ex-mother-in-law preferred the lover over the husband, we find out that Peter is sterile and perhaps this was a factor in his seduction of Molly, and last but not least, we feel Chris's frustration at not being able to take proper revenge on Peter. If all of that is nothing, that I guess nothing happened in this chapter.

<P>

I continue to admire the author's deft creation of beautiful scenery through which his characters move. It's a talent that makes his writing a cut above.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Still hooked

Yes, the story drags a little. There might be tons of backstory that I don't really need about corporate life or other descriptive narrative that I could do without, but I get to know that Molly definitely regrets her divorce. She cries every time an anniversary comes by and even stays that night at her parents. I'm even more baffled now to understand why her marriage desintegrated or why she divorced her husband to marry her lover. I got to understand how our hero is manipulating the employees to think highly of him while casting doubt on Molly's husband. I get our hero's account on why he didn't fight for his marriage - though I don't buy it because if he loved her, really loved her and wanted to keep his family together, especially since there were small children he didn't do anything to fight for his family. On the contrary he railroaded into a divorce.

Still, this story is like a game of chess. Every action and thought process coldly calculated to get the best results. So as readers we need to have the patience to go along for the ride. I am enjoying it. I am dying of curiosity about Molly and her side of the facts. Is she simply a too stupid to live heroine who got caught in an affair? Or is she a victim of a conman who seduced her into an affair - one that she couldn't even forgive herself? Or...aaargh! I want to know!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 17 years ago
What a ride!

I agree with the call for patience. We can't say this chapter drags until we reach the end of the story. We can't tell which information is important. Is the sale of Marston Abbey an administrative detail or is it a move that results in critical information becoming available at a later date? How significant is the conversation with Ralph, particularly the comment about reconcilliation? Even if it is all background and detail stuff, isn't that part of how a writer gets us to know and care about his characters? My problem with Gary's writing style is my own greed. If you've read my previous comments, you know I 'm as willing as anyone to indulge in plot-line speculation, but I want to know the rest of the story and I want it NOW! Since I'm an adult and not a spoiled child (no matter what my wife may say), I can accept that I have to wait for each chapter as it comes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great

i like your style. it is your story and you have to tell it like you want it. great, and easy to read. cant wait for tommorrow.

you are good w/ your craft. you have a character that is believable as a successful businessman. and for that, thank you. some have attempted, but their character ends up like kids at their first Mcdonalds work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Enjoying

Enjoying. That is what I am doing, I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep on keeping on. Although some of your words I'm not familiar with, I love reading your stories. Keep them coming.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 17 years ago
Some qualms in Colorado

I think I am going to get the reconciliation I crave. But I fear the revenge I also desperately seek is going by the wayside.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Life Lesson?

The series is a slow developer, but for a reason. Molly is obviously regreting her decision, but mostly because she knows that her original marriage would never be the same and could never be as good as it was after her fall. The reasons don't necessarily matter, just the realities. Chris has some hard decisions to make concerning Peter. He is an unscrupulous man and he knows it. Is it worth hardships on Molly and the kids. My assumption is that he cannot be trusted in a high level position in the company. With Chris in the region, Peter is losing trust with all around him because his actions with Molly are becoming known. My prediction is that Peter will lose his job, Molly will stay with Peter (regrettably), Chris will re-establish himself with his kids, Chris will finally get over Molly and remarry. Life will finally go on for all.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardalmost 17 years ago
And we keep going...

And so far... while I MIGHT feel pity for the poor wife, knowing that she messed up and that her husband really loved her, I don't feel FOR her. <p>

She messed up and we just have to ...what was the line?oh yes<p>

"Let it go. There's nothing you can do anyway. Shit happens."<p>

So what do we have now? A wife that mourns her old marriage; a ex mother in law that thinks/acts like the hero thought his job was more important than his family; a new husband who is literally scared shitless; a hero that is confused,; and two kids who are just having a grand time with Dad.<p>

This was mainly a character chapter, we saw how some people's personalities where, we saw some of their motivations and traits.<p>

The thing I DO really like is how by using HONESTY the hero is changing everyone's opinion on the new husband.<p>

"your marriage was almost over right?" <p>

"Nope I thought it was peachy" <p>

"Oh"<p>

BUT did anyone catch that the researcher's head's wife, yes I suck at names, is beginning to join the recon crowd?<p>

But there CAN be a strange story here...what if the new husband, that sleaze bag, DOES love the wife and is happy there? What if he IS doing his best and is a good guy NOW?<p>

Yes he USED to be a sleaze but he fell for the wife and has her now, so he is doing everything he can for her.<p>

What position does that leave our hero in the possible recon?<p>

Here is another question....<p>

I wonder, was the wife picked up on because she was hot OR because she had kids? I don't know but I have a suspicion.<p>

Well another chapter and some more discourse .. Gary there are two writers that I read that make me literally giddy when reading, you and Longhorn.<p>

If he puts a story/novel out while this is going on I might actually have a heart attack.<p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
i hate wimp stories,but this story different

this story is getting mental,the head games that the writer is making us think.this man is no wimp and he didn't get where he is being a wimp.he protecting his hard work and the company he works for.i want to know what peter do on wednesday.everybody is doubting peter morals now,so the revenge is on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
GREAT writing

GREAT writing. My prediction is that it will come out that Peter manufactured "evidence" that Chris had cheated and this is what got Molly involved with him. Looking forward to each new chapter. drmike

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 17 years ago
Developing well!

Mostly agree with Wyldcard but I wonder if there is something else going on. Has anyone else caught the Wednesdays off for Peter? Could he have someone on the side? It fits the character or lack of that is shown. This is going to be a nice long well written story with deep characters, I will enjoy every chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
great

LOl Someone else saw that he is always slipping out on Weds, and as he has shown that charactr flaw before. I think hes cheating on molly also but this could be a setup by the author. I see no reason why Chris cant do the same back to davies and just fuck Molly whenever he needs a piece of ass along with other women also .He could show Peter the same espect he showed him. If he found out so much the better then he would know what it felt like.I do know that he should never get back with Molly as she has already shown that she can not be trusted. But thats not saying he couldnt fuck her.After all she has shown before that she can fuck behind her hubbys back why not again.If Peter leaves then what oh what is Susan t odo. She might then have to get over her own fears and figure out how to travel ...Maybe the old son in law wasnt so bad after all. I think Susan is a bitch.But he does need to be fucking more.Don't let the assho;e s;ow him down . gp out and have fun with what is offered and with his position much would be offered. enjoy all that pussy and rub her nose in what she lost...Looking forward to more chapters

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Is it possible for to get any better?

Well now Gary you own part of my day! This so well donr and all the details my oh my. We know that Molly has made a mistake but with her new husband's help.We suspect that he is a predator. We would be happy to call our favorite "hit man"! I am hoping you can bring people back together. Forgiveness is underrated! It cleanses the Soul.....Richard

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 17 years ago
Sorry for the first comment

I was a little frustrated when the chapter came to an end and I had to wait again. I did say originally that the better the story, the more frustrated I get when forced to wait. I guess Im not as grown up as some when it comes to delayed satisfaction :) <p><p>

Anyway author, thanks for writing. There was some stuff in this chapter that moved the story - sowing doubt with peter's supporters, etc. I just wanted to see more of the main story line revealed and there wasnt a lot of that imo. I do know what to expect from your other stories but this chapter had even less actual action/plot movement than usual imo and I got overly frustrated. Take it as a compliment as to how much I am involved in your story that I got so frustrated when forced to wait. Thanks again for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Ok Ok enough is enough

I have dutifully read threouh four chapters. What is your entire point except to show that you know all about business and that you do know how to write, barely. I have given this story till now to make some sense and since it hasn't I will never read your stuff again. You have had ample time to make your point but havent. Do you get off on masturbation, because that is exactly what your story is, Verbal masturbation.

thebulletthebulletalmost 17 years ago
Well done, but...

<p>I join other commenters in being a bit frustrated by the pace. I have no problem with the wordiness, the business background information, the tidbits about what he drinks, when and how much. </p>

<p>But... I'm left feeling that their should be more progress in the story from one chapter to the next. Perhaps if Gary posted two chapters at the same time it would be easier to get into the flow of things.</p>

curious2ccurious2calmost 17 years ago
I have liked this story so far.

It is a novel length story, so I like the slow build up and the details being fed in as they are. It brings a well roundedness to the characters as well as the over all story.

I know that some prefer the slam bam method of story telling, (having it over in two or three pages) but I like a longer read such as this one.

Your skill is showing and I appreciate your efforts and the fact that you chose to share your work with us all.

Thank you.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
The dirt on Davies

He should have Davies followed and find out what he is doing on his time off from work them if he is cheating on molly throw it in her face .

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardalmost 17 years ago
Wednesdays and evidence....

OK, lets look at two things ...the Wednesdays...I caught that too, and yeah, his old Don ways plus Wednesdays DO point that way...and if shown that he is a cheat will lose him all the support from the rest of is friends.<p>

MAJOR one being the wife of his boss...heck if he hits on HER...well...<p>

Remember the line about doesn't matter unless it's HIS wife?<p>

Now ...as for the 'he made her think hubby was cheating' I can SORTA see that... wife wants him to confess, show his love blah blah.<p>

BUT she never used it against him in the divorce and she never confessed to 'knowing' afterwards...that is my point against. <p>

And if she thought he was cheating, why defend him SO much and why cry on the anniversaries, take all the blame ETC?<p>

Also doesn't negate hubby's arguement of why the marriage was over. Great argument BTW. I actually can see the ex Mother in law having a BIT of a change of heart, ex wife as well,when that info FINALLY filters back to them.<p>

Well we'll see... on average Gary takes about 9-12 chapters, so we are JUST 1/3 the way through....unless this is a TRUE long one.<p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I'm really enjoying the story but,

he seems to be hitting on his female employees. I hope that is not the case, this dude needs to get well and truely shagged and not with any of his employees. That would lead to a huge lawsuit and make him look worse than Peter "fucking" Davies. I'm also liking the moral conflicts he has, does he get rvenge on Peter and risk losing a valued member of his team or does he forgive, get some peace of mind, get re-married and live happily ever after??? I wanna know dammit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Pretend Dear Readers

Pretend for a moment that you were only allowed to read one story each day.<P>

Would you chose one that was well written? That was entertaining as well as thought provoking? One that involved the emotions of anger, fear, retribution, arousal, and maintained your interest?<P>

Then gripe all you want but some things are worth the wait and this one is certainly is.<P>

This Englishman is a Story Teller Extraordinaire - sit back and enjoy the ride. All good things do come to an end and this will end much too soon.<P>

Lead on Author - you are truly appreciated by those who want a talented effort.<P>

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
harry DOES have another Great post!

HARRY in VA has brought up two GREAT points....

<br></br>

WHY does everyone think MOLLY and CHRIS`marriags was in such deep trouble yet Chris thought it was so perfect?

<br></br>

this implications are almost impossible to explain. Again if MOLLY was truly that unhappy with 2 kids why didnt she say something to CHRIS?

<br></br>

if this is just another I thought you were cheating first story...I will be VERY disappointed. Wont you?

<br></br>

SECOND... even if everyone thought MOLLY was so upset and unhappy in her marriage didnt ANYONE think that maybe CHRIS might be hirt by the divorce?

<br></br>

Apparently NOT. In conversation after conversation EVERYONE seems surprised that a) Chris is a Human b) has feelings 3) and was deeply hirt...

<br></br>

what Chris? YOU were upset by the sudden divorce and her cheating? .... since when? Um who are you again ?

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 17 years ago
Everyone says the story is good

But that doesnt mean perfect. He isnt moving the plot along. How can you say a chapter that is pretty much just filler, is a literary masterpiece? I like long stories as much as the next guy. I prefer long stories to short ones in fact. I dont even mind long stories with some filler as long as I can keep reading to get to the meat if I choose. Im more than willing to wade through some drudgery to get to the good stuff but Im not given that choice because the author chose to post the story in this disjointed episodic format. <p><p>

If a story is going to presented in chapters like this, there has to be a reason for it. There should be some cliffhangers. There should be some movement of the story in each episode. There should be some drama, suspense and new revelations. This author didnt have any of that in this chapter and he has too little of it in some other chapters. Like Harry said, its like he is just enamored with the sound of his own voice. <p><p>

Delaying the story by going overboard with padding/filler is not the same as building suspense. Having the main character recite even the most tedious and boring bits of his mundane day is not the same as developing a character. There has got to be a reason for stuff to be there. A conversation with friends that may seem unimportant but gives a clue as to his history or character. A description of an inanimate object that is subtlety tied into the bigger picture later in the story. etc. <p><p>

Just rambling on about nothing as a way of creating artificial tension/suspense in the reader isnt something that should be praised though. Its just annoying and unnecessary. I mentioned stephan king before on purpose because he does this all the time - writes about nothing just to put words on the page. At least with stephan king there is a reason though - he is getting paid by the word. Also, as much drudgery as there is in his books, you can keep reading to get at the underlying story if you choose. You cant keep reading when the author chooses to let the story out in dribs and drabs though and that makes it all the more frustrating (not suspenseful). <p><p>

I am sorry if this sounds overly critical but its true. It doesnt make the underlying story bad either. The story itself is good and thats part of why this format is so frustrating. This story would have been 2x as good if he had just posted it all at once. It still wouldnt have been perfect, but it would have been much better and easier to read. Posting a story in chapters and then having whole chapters as throwaways isnt something to be admired though. Its not real suspense, its just artificial angst created by the format of the story, not the content.

ohioohioalmost 17 years ago
I have to disagree

with the more impatient readers. Yes, of course I'm desperate to know how it will all work out: will Chris and Molly get back together, will there be revenge on Peter, what of Helene and Myra, etc. ______________________________________________________________

But at the same time, the richness of detail in the story and the slow pace make the experience much more involving and satisfying. ______________________________________________________________ I have always admired great storytellers, and I've noticed that most of them tell long stories, not short ones, even when the heart of a story can be told in a few sentences. The richness and detail in a longer story draws the listener (or reader) in, makes us more involved, makes care more. That's just what Gary has achieved here.

Thanks, ohio

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
If you're not enjoying the storytelling...

Honestly, Average-Joe, if the author's pacing is bothering you that much, take a break. I'm sure there are plenty of other tales here you can enjoy. Perhaps when this story's been posted in its entirety, you'll enjoy it more since you can skip the parts that seem too slow to you. Many readers, myself included, are enjoying the author's pacing so it's my hope that he will continue to write future chapters in the same style as these initial four. Good day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great

I believe that everything is progressing like it should.

Boyd

Kanga40Kanga40almost 17 years ago
I really like this story so far

but, Gary, you have made a very solid rod for your own back.<BR>

Readers are complaining in droves about 'slow pace' etc. That's your own fault.<BR>

Publishing a story like this in serial form only serves to draw it out unnecessarilly and make a slowish pace seem like a real drag. Most of the complaints and theories about what might or might not happen would only be in a reader's mind for a short time while reading the <B>WHOLE STORY</B>!<BR>

Publishing the whole story in one go allows us all to read the whole thing and form a reasonable opinion of it, instead of being annoyed by this 'drip feed' method which does not allow us to truly enjoy your work.

hb7094hb7094almost 17 years ago
i have to agree with ohio

keep on good writer /i like the way you present it /and by the average joe what have you written lately /HUH

bruce22bruce22almost 17 years ago
Love It!

This may or may not be a story properly classified. It's rhythmn and richness of detail puts as a novel or novella and

for many it would belong at least so far in the non-erotic category. Why, loving wives? Probably to guarantee a much larger audience. This of course leads to much static from the various extremists who read this category. If you don't promote reconciliation one group will give you low grades, bit if you don't kick to the curb you will lose points with another groups. The result is that the loving wife stories are rarely seen in the top two hundred of Best stories, even though many of them deserve to be there. It is the price the author pays to reach more readers!

Personally I would be better off if I let the author post all the chapters before reading the story in one afternoon.

Those who want short stories can easily skim through to what they consider the key passages (I bet different groups will end up reading different stories). I prefer to savor the details, but if you let me think about it before completing the stories I will find alternatives and even inconsistencies. Usually I prefer to accept a finished product as the author cooked it up.

But I am addicted to GaryAPB and can't leave a chapter unread.... Why doesn't Jack find out what Peter is doing on Wednesdays? Could be that he is having an affair on Molly. Perhaps it would be a good idea to throw this question at Jeannette. She sounds like a good detective. What do the boys do to poor Peter that makes Molly send them away on the weekend. Will Jack buy a small sculpture for his office? etc.etc

Cheers,

Bruce

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Oh Give It Up - or - Achttt Tuiii [Spit]

It's 2 short - Then it's tooooooo long. The reality is it's just the way the Author likes it as it's his to do with as he wishes.<P>

There are always choices aren't there? Here there are 2.

Read, don't read or don't read until it's through - oops that's 4 isn't it - well more or less.<P>

So, an Author may chose to think that the waxing back and forth indicates interest - which it does - but is it tasteful or dis ?<P>

His respect to you gentle reader is to offer a work of quality in an environment where short stories are normally preferred given the normal reader time available [or the attention span of some it seems].<P>

Reader respect should acknowledge that these chapters are more than 1 page - or 2 - aren't they. You see the 4th choice is but the Authors isn't it. To be or not cuz the pay ain't much or naught.<P>

So soften and sift and sort through the details looking for the clues - the nuggets which are there and would likely be missed in a jammed for time forced feed total reading.<P>

My hope is that the Author doesn't read the comments at all or until it's over - as some should the story - or not. All this because 99.9% of us prefer his work to 99.9% of the what else is here normally or nominally at best or worsteded.<P>

So Author, if you do read these for the same reasons of anxiety that force the impatient not to wait till story's end, please understand that 99.9% of your readership like you and your quality work just the way you and it is - for good reasons.<P>

With Very High Regard

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
Hooked on my daily dose of 'Bristol'

Classy writing, enjoy every paragraph. How I would love to write this well, the characters (key ones) are terrific.

niciniciover 16 years ago
I'm Hooked

I feel, I dislike your hero, he’s such a cold bas****, and I think I know where you are going with this story, but you have me hooked. Please continue.

<p>

Oh, and I'm totally envious of your story telling abilities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Fine development of the confusing story

Like most of your readers, I'm enjoying your story, but have a number of issues that confuse me. 1. Why do all these people assume the marriage break-up with Mollie was his fault. They all seem shocked to find out from Mollie that he was a great husband. 2. After 4 chapters still don't know why Mollie cheated on him. 3. Molly tells everyone that Peter is fine man, but does not seem happy in her new marriage to him. 4. as the boss why does Chris get so nervous about meeting Peter, who is his subordinate.5. I wish Chris would stop hitting on female co-workers., Fine story, though

60 year old George

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 16 years ago
I disagree with nici...

...yes, Chris is a cold fish, but that doesn't make him a "bastard". This is where I differ from her in approach, I think. She has a lot of good qualities in trying to maintain some communication and passion in characters, but in real life, not all people are very passionate. Chris is an example of a good man, who is nonetheless flawed and at times a bit detached. It was probably how he was brought up, to be calm, cool, and collected. There's no reason to think him a villain for that. The real villain is the meddling mother-in-law Susan, if you ask me. She prizes fidelity so much that she causes infidelity? Yeah, that makes sense....she just wants a son-in-law who doesn't travel. Well, some like to go abroad....it's not a sin. And, since Chris waited until the failure of his marriage to become a bit of a tomcat, there's no cause for maligning him on that point. He's certainly no worse than Peter and Molly, where cheating is concerned.

I frankly think him less sociopathic than that Susan character from her own story, though I'll give her credit for writing a fascinating tale with that one and creating a likeable character in Jonathan. But I digress....not everyone is faithful...that's a flaw, but a very human one. But simply being a cold fish is not even a vice. It's just his personality. It is probably not suited for Molly, but it is the way that he is. Calling him a "bastard" and an "emotional cripple who needs to grow up" is to fail to respect human individuality.

niciniciover 16 years ago
LOL

Okay, cold fish does sound better than bastard. His present "behavior" (up to now) has been "proper". So bastard is a little too much expression.

<p>

But, I'm not sure if "cold fish" fits either. We will see as Gary posts more chapters.

<p>

I think he could go either way... and unemotional he is not! He only has (and had) "relationship issues".

CarlosCCarlosCalmost 14 years ago
Great chapter

Ok, I couldn't sleep and had to read more

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Its high time he tells Carole with E to shut the fuck up.

Its easy to tell someone to let it go when its not your problem. I would like to hear her say "Just let it go2 when she gets fucked over by her husband. Oh wait, she doesn't even have one.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXalmost 11 years ago
Cunts always defend other Cunts

Chris is the one who was betrayed by that heartless Cunt Molly. She is a cold heartless Cunt. Chris should man up and make her pay.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Comments

Sharon: “Although I think he (Peter) tried once, in the early days.”

So, Peter has a history of hitting on married women!

“he told her that Molly was in a bad relationship, and that it was breaking up.”

Chris should tell him that at least as far as HE knew Molly WASN’T in a bad relationship, and it DEFINITELY WASN’T breaking up before Peter stuck his nose in!

“helping her at probably the lowest point in Molly's life”

The “lowest point in Molly's life?” How about the lowest point in Chris’ life? She was the one who did it to them!

Peter: “because you may feel some resentment at my winning Molly."

Um, doesn’t he have SOME right to feel resentment? And “winning Molly”, how about “STEALING Molly”?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wednesday Is Predator's Fucky Sucky Day

Sure hope Peter The Creep doesn't get to pollute Myra's womb just to have Molly learn the truth of her own idiocy.

Anyway, I blame the abstract and spineless ex-husband for letting his wife go without a fight. He could have at least scared off Peter before divorcing his dipshit cheating wife. Although it does appear that the author is working to rehabilitate our protagonist.

AukweirdAukweirdover 6 years ago
Captivated

5 *s

I am totally captivated by this, a truly great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Disgusting ! "1*" !!

Pile of smoking shit from a British faggot ! But, they all are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Forgive my fellow 'Merkin...

... he's an idiot, and likely a Trump voter. Hypermacho fool, who'd probably melt at the merest hint of adversity.

SoMike

(Too lazy to find my login)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A snowflake

Media bimbofied white collar indoctrinated to be stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Let it go

Shes a cheat. You got your children back. You've got a excellent job , your on top of the world. Get Helen from Holland, or that gal at work , and move no. molly made her chose, let her live with it. So shes miserable, not your problem. And that's all I have to say about that.

GillotineGillotinealmost 5 years ago
Let it go....bullshit

He doesn't have the one thing he should have, a family. If the husband's main fault is working too hard to provide for his family, well, it just sickens me to know it really happens outside of these stories, you know, in the "real world."

You don't know jack, bud. It is obvious that most commenters think of their wives as only something to stick their dick into...

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago
And The Plot Thickens

"Good Heavens, No! Although I think he tried once, in the early days. But I love my husband very much, I was just married by then, and I probably misinterpreted Peter anyway."

"I considered that Peter Davies had tried chatting up a married woman and a colleague, not that it surprised me. Better news was that he is getting nicely paranoid about me."

"So he had an affair with a married woman." I said it as a fact, not a question."

"...she says he told her that Molly was in a bad relationship, and that it was breaking up and he could let her be the woman she really was."

"I don't want to find out that he deliberately broke up a happy family..."

"We often argue about ethics and morals, especially as they apply in research. I rarely agree with his views, but he has thought them out carefully and I respect that. If he took deliberate, selfish action that led to unhappiness and hurt on innocent people, I don't know what I'd think."

"You know, Molly comes around here on your wedding anniversary every year, or she has since she married Peter. And she always finds an excuse to stay the night, she never wants to be with him on that night. And she always cries. She always sits at our kitchen table and cries."

"At about three thirty, I phoned Marston Abbey, "Is Peter Davies there, please." My finger hovered over the disconnect button."

"I'm sorry, Sir, he's out, and won't be back until tomorrow morning."

"What a surprise, he's out on a Wednesday. "Oh, could I speak to Sharon Booth then please."

Seems like quite a pattern developing, I especially like the part about discussing ethics and morals, like Peter has any. I maybe wrong but I have suspicions about Wednesdays. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say Chris is going to have some serious involvement with Myra whom I like a lot but by the end he is going to end up back with Molly. There are too many signals from Molly that she is regretting the affair, divorce and the marriage to Peter. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Susan is somehow seriously involved somehow with this mess. Don't know if she had something to do with the breakup of the marriage or something afterwards but she's into something up to her eyeballs. Things are going to start getting interesting for Peter now that Piers and his wife are getting suspicious of how Peter got involved with Molly. As they say, let the games begin. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Passive-aggressive beta male. No wonder some pussyhound was able to swoop in and take his wife.

dawg997dawg997almost 2 years ago

Love this story! That Molly refuses to be around her husband on her previous anniversary night is quite telling, indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Could you make him more of a complete and utter sad, pathetic, weak willed man?

Yes, yes you can.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Mmmmmm still lots of background, good descriptions

HighBrowHighBrow4 months ago

Is Chris going to fall for Peter, who will leave Molly for Chris? It could happen!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well, still here; the comments, well, some of them are beneath the dignity of a snake. Sure make you wonder about the human race. To the author its a good read, loaded emotion for the MC who is no ones fool.

NallusNallus2 months ago

Suggestion for this page, or the prior one same chapter where all is explained to other people when we get to hear it when Ralph ask him about marrying again he should say I won't be doing that or something like that. He should also later as before closing, say, Molly was everything to me, then it would be very clear to Ralph and Susan and Molly maybe.

I like the riches of the peoples lives. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Again we're trickle truthed. The MC made the poor decision of not speaking to his wife all those years ago, and everything stems from that. Obviously we don't know why she originally started her affair with Peter, but harking on about morals as if they are at all relevant is just bizarre, but explicable when you remember the bible quotes... they're talking about a morality that simply doesn't exist anymore, because like religion it has no place in a modern civilised society.

This had better not end with Molly tearfully recounting her regrets and then professing her undying love for the MC before he rides8 off into the sunset with Myra to a chorus of wailing and nashing of teeth.

/

BTW - The idea that the MiL's fear of the success of the MC and what it could mean didn't have a profound effect upon the marriage is absurd. Like a slow acting poison it will have tainted almost every interaction, especially though involving the need for advice etc.

If you don't have a good relationship with the futute MiL but your wife does, you really should rethink your plans to marry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGaryAPB@GaryAPB
861 Followers
Happily married for over 30 years, now semi-retired

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES