All Comments on 'Petra the Small'

by Scorpio44

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 16 years ago
I'm mixed up

I'll give it 100 because the technical writing is up to Scorpio44's usual high standards. But I'm struggling with the story line because it is so unbelieveable. People just don't act and speak like that. <p> <p> <p>

Then came Page 4 and I see this is going philosophical. So I'll hold further judgement until I see how it is handled. But that is a mine field and could spell doom for the characters and the story as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
same old, same old

You have used this idea before, but it was done better. The problem with most people, especially in America, is that they only think of themselves. You are asking for the true Christian form of Love that thinks of the good in other's hearts and your characters bring that out. It is really fiction and not the real world like we know it. It is really too bad that we cannot live in your world.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 16 years ago
A wonderful tale of love!!

This is such a wonderful tale of love with no unnecessary frills! A tale so well told that we can only wish for a greater insight into this lifestyle of universal love. Previous commenters say "It is really fiction and not the real world like we know it. The story line is so unbelievable; people just don't act and speak like that" Fiction yes, but don't you wish that it really was the real world as we know it and that people did act and speak like that? Outstanding writing SCORPIO! As always a true fan, Pete.

OleTroubadorOleTroubadoralmost 16 years ago
Keep it up!

I really like the way you think, how your mind works.

And it is so nice that you can write it so well for us to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well written, enjoyable story

In 'Stranger in a Strange Land,' Robert Hienlien described this theory of god and love, the main character is his story ended up being stoned to death by yocals in the US. [His friends cooked him and ate him (rather than burial or cremation) to show and share their love for the final time]. To bad more people don't believe and act like the characters in these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very, very intriguing start ...

Nice work!! I really like what I'm reading, just discovered your work, and am very excited to see where it's going - I like the sound of this family and their philosophy.

JusticeMonkJusticeMonkalmost 7 years ago
From a Heinlein fan

I first discovered Heinlein in middle school and I've been in love with him since. The core of my beliefs about love and commitment is heavily influenced by Stranger in a Strange Land and Time Enough for Love. I loved your use of this philosophy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
not for me

I was all aboard until page 4. then it got all creepy cult on me. Makes Tom sound like a crazy street preacher. And Petra is exactly the type that would get wrapped up in a cult.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous