All Comments on 'The Seventies, Deep Throat & Harry Reems'

by MungoParkIII

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great historical account

I lived through this period and this piece revived old memories. MungoParkIII could write a book...

MungoParkIIIMungoParkIIIover 16 years agoAuthor
Thank you anonymous in USA for your comments...

However I have deleted your comment because it has incorrectly cited an error regarding a quotation I identified, inferred an error regarding Harry Reems' current employment status (I did not indicate where he was selling real estate because it was not pertinent to the information in my essay and I decided not to disclose and of his current personal information beyond what I did), and in the third case did catch a typo regarding Linda Lovelace dying in 2002, not 2003 as I incorrectly typed. This will be corrected with an edit.

Had your comment not been anonymous we could have discussed this further.

Justice Potter Stewart actually said: "I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the motion picture involved in this case is not that."

Regarding a decision in the JACOBELLIS v. OHIO, 378 U.S. 184 (1964) case.

the comment attributed to Rehnquist in my essay is cited in my source material regarding the Deep Throat case. It is an interview of Harry Reems, who mentioned the quote I listed (a somewhat different quote than the one above), attributing it to Rehnquist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
DT was the first X rated movie I ever saw

I was sure they couldn't show anything that explicit. So sure in fact, that I invited the shy Catholic high school teacher who lived in the apartment next to me. We were both curious about it. As soon as the sex started, I apologized and asked if she wanted to leave. She said it was OK, and we watched the whole thing. We rode home on my motorcycle, and I apologized several time, feeling embarrassed. But she invited me in, offered me something to drink, and when she brought it back, dove right into my crotch. She didn't deep throat, but she did swallow. We had a fuck buddies relationship for several months after...all for the price of two tickets at the Pussycat theatre.

LiquidPearlLiquidPearlover 16 years ago
I Remember.

I saw Deep Throat for the first time back in the mid 80's. I was maybe 14 or 15 years old. It wasn't the first porno movie I ever saw (that was "Debbie Does 'Em All"), but it was one of the more interesting ones.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous