All Comments on 'Ten Tips for the New Prostitute'

by IrresistibleBeauty

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Universal Truths

IrresistibleBeauty writes well but her 'how to' articles have a universal value too. They go beyond the specifics of a profession, say protitution. They can apply to any profession. Keep writing your stuff.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 16 years ago
Sober and Serious Advice

Olivia is a talented writer. Concise and articulate. I never liked the movie, "Pretty Woman" and reading your essay I know now why.

LustHoseLustHoseover 16 years ago
Straight to the heart of the matter.....

Your profession would be a whole lot better if Men understood the basis of prostitution; your lucid insights are spot on. In LV, you see the working gals hustling and you wonder about their particular stories. And, it AIN'T legal here. Met a lot of "Exotic" dancers with similar hangups, addictions and tribulations. A great many of them are sadly broken human beings even if they aren't doing drugs. A very worthwhile essay that every gal who thinks peddling her body is an easy and glamorous life should read and thoughtfully consider. Manage your money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
IncrediblyCandid

Another notch to carve in that pencil.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A woman's survival

As part of our culture we are taught to keep our legs together :) I have been in an abusive situation and I wondered how it is that someone could do this for a living. I now see you in a different light.

The job per se is something that I still feel women should keep away from but your article has been a fantastic eye-opener for me and I can see your strength.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Spot On

First off, I am a man. Secondly, I have used the services of prostitutes at various points in my life.

I view prostitutes alot like I view sportscars. Some men love sports cars, treat them with immense respect, drive them like they are meant to be driven, and take care of them in exchange for the pleasure they bring. Other men couldn't care less about the beauty of their car, never drive it like it was meant, don't maintain it, take it for granted, etc.

Prostitution I think is similar. Some men (we may be few, but we do exist) genuinely respect prostitutes. We're lonely, horny, and are looking for some fun. Often, the easiest way to solve this problem is to rent a girl. We play nice, treat her politely, pay her, thank her, and go our separate ways. We respect her because she brought us pleasure, like a fast car.

Other men view prostitutes as little better than slaves; they feel as though they own the girl because they paid for her. They do not respect her. She is simply a disposable pleasure, not to be praised for her virtues. These are the same sorts of men who buy a Ferrari only to have it collect dust in a garage somewhere. They have no respect for anything worth respecting.

Sadly, I find many men fall into the latter category. They are men who would fail no matter where they started, and who take out their frustrations on people even weaker than them. I tend to see myself as belonging to the first type; I a'int perfect, but I do say thank you and don't try to force a woman. I only wish other men would see it that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Thank You

Thank You for taking the time to write that.

It may open the eyes of some teenage girl who thinks it's glamorous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Protection

I was disapointed you didn't stress the absolute importance of protecting ones self from STDS. A condom is an absolute must for ALL contact.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
A Very Compassionate Writer....

Although I do not condone your way of making a living, I am impressed with your honesty & sincerity. I am a grad student and even though we are both women from different backgrounds, I feel your pain. I hope that one day you'll wake up from this horrible nightmare and be able to look yourself in the mirror - with dignity, smile at your reflection, and realize that you are a beautiful woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
thank you

hi there.

thank you for writing so candidly about your profession. I found this very informative, honest and down to earth.

to many people try to make prostitution sound glamourous and exciting but you have told the truth.

if just one girl changes her thoughts from reading this then its worked.

thanks again

A xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Good advice from someone who appears to know what she's talking about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you for the advices

Hi,

I started in the business 7 months ago. I love the job and having sex with my clients.

I am working for a pimp and he is nice to me although he is also very demanding to all the girls working for him. I am now working at a brothel but I will soon have to start working on the street too. In the beginnning I felt so embarrassed about being a prostitute but now I dont mind to be called even a hooker.

Thank you for the advices you have given. They are so useful to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Impressive.

I hope you find yourself a really nice guy. Someone who can appreciate the other perspective you obviously have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great

I'm Cayla, I've been a prostitute for 6 months, I lost everything whilst on holiday in Thailand, (I'm a white girl of 18) I started to work in a bar to get money to live and get a flight home.

I was advised by some bar girls to do tricks to get money quicker. 6 months later, I'm on drugs, crack mainly and a prostitute, I'm very happy with my life, can't see me ever going home

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Coming from a very strict and conservative background I sneakily started as an escort at 18 and only saw a few guys regularly. Through one of the guys I met a sugar daddy or in his case Daddy Warbucks and managed get him to put a ring on it. It’s been 22 years since I said I do. I was ashamed to tell my family how we met so we both just say we met through friends. They didn’t like that he was old enough to be my father. My husband paid for my education, car, house. He was divorced, had children and not looking to ever get married again. It worked for us, I got to travel the world in luxury and he had access to me whenever the feeling hit. My advice is to be extremely careful and always go with your gut feelings. If things don’t feel right get out fast and if things seem good go for broke. It wasn’t easygoing or quick to some glamorous ending but it was a way of getting what I wanted at the time. I think I am fortunate and grateful that I met him.

Patricia169Patricia1697 months ago

thanks those are good advises for me !

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very good advice. I did not go this far, but on a lesser level, I was a model. A lot of the work involved being nude. You cannot hide that. People will remember I took all my clothes off and will tease me, ask me about it or make disparaging remarks. My family might have known but never said anything if they did. Most of my work was with artists, but I did do some photo sessions, I had a photographer tell me if I was going to do more intimate work, I would have to get an alias, most people wouldn't remember me and I could never get into politics. At my first art session I had an artist tell me sooner or later I was going to have to pose nude. I ended up naked all the time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous