All Comments on 'An English House Party Ch. 02'

by AMY_Monaco

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
starry_nightstarry_nightover 16 years ago
Nicely done

I'm curious about Penny's relationship with Julian. She seems to be more attracted to him than Jason. But how does Jason feel about Penny? Is it really just an arranged marriage between the two of them? Also, this Earl of Whittenhall sounds like trouble, but Emma seems smart enough to not fall for his moves! Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
interesting....

I like it i just have to question one thing. Shouldn't he be the marquee instead of the marquess? I believe that marquess is the feminine.

AMY_MonacoAMY_Monacoover 16 years agoAuthor
Response to Comment

"Marquess" is the English spelling of the title. The female version, or the wife of a Marquess would be "Marchioness." Hope this clears up that! Thanks again for taking time to comment!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
wow

Love it, love it, love it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

This isn't working as a period piece - speech patterns and manners are wrong. Try reading Georgette Heyer.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
doesn't matter

Our views of our great-greats-greats has been so hollywooded, with the addition of misseducation and language changes. When a modern author writes of pre-1914, they are writing about cultural patterns as alien too us as martians.

Amy_Monaco is writing for the benefit of a modern audience, seeking romantic escapism and safe erotic thrills. This is not a criticism but simply an explanation. I myself am quite capable of the doublethink necessary for me to disassociate my historical knowledge from interfering with my enjoyment of this story. Amy has a nice, gentle writing style I can temporarily lose myself in. Just go with the flow.

Many readers hate my writing style as I tend to experiment with my stories.

I force the reader to work their way through multisyllabic word puzzles and bad puns crossed with severe moral judgements. There is a very limited fanbase for my products. So what?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous