All Comments on 'Protection Against Pornography Week'

by Selena_Kitt

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Finally

I wondered if anyone but me noticed this trend in the "New Conservatisum". Glad someone brought it to our attention. The fact that the someone has credentials that make their opinion more valid and the fact that they write so eligantly only makes it better.

Speed

Mystery_MeatMystery_Meatabout 16 years ago
Great Editorial

Selena - Thought provoking, well written rant! And we should be very worried about potential President Huckabee who wants to "amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards" (God interpreted by Mr. Huckabee)(theocracy). Also, Selena, prepare to get flamed by right-wing readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
YOU REALLY

You really know your subject Selena well done part of my first career was to delve deep into peoples minds to try to see what motivated them to commit the crimes I tried to solve.Now does that explain something,best regards LEO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I need more Protection

The morality police are looking for me. It has been rumored that I have pictures of me, naked on a rug, age 6 months, a naked picture of me, age 1 and a sister age 3 in a bathtub. And most shocking of all pictures of a 12 year old girl (not related) on my computer.

Before the lynch mob start, and some of you would be in it, the 12 year old girl is naked in a group of adults and is prepared to get into bed with an older man to sacrifice

her virginity. Horrible right?? After all, I went to a porn shop (Wal Mart) and bought a copy of Pretty Baby (Brooke Shields) and everything else is exactly as I stated.

Where are the lynch mobs protecting, a popular movie or a naked girl??

People have been arrested and have had to defend themselves in court for having naked pictures of their own kids in poses simular to what I have stated. Two of my great nephews told me they could watch R rated movies, as long as the R was violence (War) but not R rated with just skin not sex. If I showed them PG rated Walkabout (Jenny Agutter naked) Parents Choice Award, I probably would have gotten in trouble.

The next time, (if Christian or Jewish) you hear the Rabbi/Paster speak/preach see if they talk about the Holy Bible Old Testiment Song of Solomon, or Lot and his daughters.

WE do need to protect us from ourselves now be honest, how many of you did not like the idea of Kiddy Porn staring Brooke Shields in the home??

FemDomSubHubFemDomSubHubabout 16 years ago
Bravisimo

Once again....BRAVO..........a well thought out rant, and a rave at the ACLU convention I'm sure...lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Protection against Politicians

We need to stop giving up our rights before we become clones. The people passing laws today are the same kids who danced the twist and smoked pot in the 50's and 60's.

~~~~(____)C*> Aother catnip mouse for the Kittyn.

You rock, girl!

glacier1737glacier1737about 16 years ago
Yay Selena! Yay porn!

Notice how GAP and WRAP rhyme with CRAP? I'm so sick of all this neo-conservative hypocrisy. Whatever happened to Republicans supporting small government with minimal intrusions into people's daily lives? They'll scream at Democrats for supporting social service programs, but then they want to creep into our bedrooms at night and tell us what we can and can't do with our own bodies. And don't even get me started on Christanity in this country. We live in a nation of brainwashed morons who are content to let the government strip away our freedoms in the guise of "protecting" us. Everyone's scared ~ fear drives this country now. Fear of terrorism. Fear of people who look different. Fear of sex. Everyone waves flags and yells about defending liberty, but really, I think people afraid of freedom itself.

JBCorbellJBCorbellabout 16 years ago
Beautifully argued

Too bad the people who need to see this won't.

You're preaching to the converted so to speak.

DRSPEAKDRSPEAKabout 16 years ago
Amen

"AMEN" (is that an appropriate comment?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
YOU THINK

You think you have a hard time,we cant move without some government official or another wanting tlo know what we are doing

melsdadmelsdadabout 16 years ago
Great post

This is the best place to post your thoughts on all of this, because it's where all those who oppose your views spend most of their time. Don't you just love hypocrites, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
The paradox

While S.K. warns that right-wingers (ostensibly) are busy trying to take away your right to pornography, she forgot to mention that liberals are awful busy taking away your money with which to BUY the pornography! Ba-zing!!!

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 16 years ago
Anothert great piece!

Thanks for your gutsy and thorough piece!

I have to admit though that at times I was a bit confused when you were taking the ad absurdum tone of the other side and when you were sliding back to your side, which made me go back to read again and catch the context.<P>

Another comment, and I may be totally off on it. My take on the original quote of terrorism was differentthan yours. Maybe because I am more tuned to international news I thought that the speaker was arguing another absurd (unless that is what you were saying too). I took it that in order not to enrage the Taliban and other Islamist Fundamentalists who seek to destroy "the corrupted infidels", the "west" should 'restrain' itself from showing any sexually explicit material and in this way will contribute to appease the rage of the Islamist Terrorists.

No need to argue against this absurd more than anyone now days would feel that the west should have been more appeasing to the Nazis in the 30's.<P>

Thanks again for the whole series of essays you have been posting here, Madame shrink...:-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Protection starts at home not in the White House!

Selena, I agree 100% with you. I believe that parents should spend less time creating organizations like MIM and WRAP to ban stuff such as porn across the nation and start spending more time at home with their kids, turning the t.v. off when an adult program comes on. They seem to want to make it so that they don't have to do their job by making life gray and uniform for everyone. Personally, I don't like the same thing as everyone else. I don't think anyone does. (That's probably the only thing we all do have in common) My parents did their job and kept me away from porn when I was a kid and talked to me about the pros and condoms of sex, something these "conservatives" don't seem to understand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
the straight arrows are made of rotten wood

no wonder your kids are sexual deviants, your off running the anti-porn movement while their at home working their junk to anything they can find for lack of some good, clean smokin' hot visuals (or words) and thinking "its all good" because nobody is telling them jack about jack (weirdest concept I have ever tried to communicate)

I love my bacon, I love my porn, I love my guns.

try and take one and I'll show you why I love them till you get tired of my stubbornness and go home to your hermits cave.

ebonygriotebonygriotover 15 years ago
What a wonderful essay

Reading your words brought my eyes to the poster on my office wall with the words of the famous poem 'First they came...' The less we do to stop governments trying to turn us all vanilla or grey facsimiles of a limited view of being human under the false label of 'public good' the more we will have to fight tomorrow, if do don't speak up today. Using current issues to cover neo conservatism agenda's of control isn't new. I find it interesting that calls for 'protections against pornography' doesn't seem to promote public debate, discussion, awareness raising based on human rights and social justice principles. It's time for politicians to stop pissing on our heads and telling us it's raining!

ebonygriotebonygriotover 15 years ago
What a wonderful essay

Reading your words brought my eyes to the poster on my office wall with the words of the famous poem 'First they came...' The less we do to stop governments trying to turn us all vanilla or grey facsimiles of a limited view of being human under the false label of 'public good' the more we will have to fight tomorrow, if do don't speak up today. Using current issues to cover neo conservatism agenda's of control isn't new. I find it interesting that calls for 'protections against pornography' doesn't seem to promote public debate, discussion, awareness raising based on human rights and social justice principles. It's time for politicians to stop pissing on our heads and telling us it's raining!

AnnOnymousFantasiaAnnOnymousFantasiaover 14 years ago
Awesomeness

If you need any more support for your article, I do believe the dictionary defines the word "terrorist" as "ANYONE who incites fear, apprehension, dread, doubt, concern, forboding, misgiving, and/or trepedation in others." Er, not that I used a thesauras...not at all. ;)

Handley_PageHandley_Pageover 11 years ago
Damned good critique

Oh, me?.

Well, I ain't a citizen of the US of A, so I guess a 'view from the outside' is ignored, right?. But it struck me that more US citizens should read that piece; if only to learn what state the nation has got itself into.

I really enjoyed reading that. It's very thought-provoking to another nation, too.

Thank you

HP

VladimirNogairVladimirNogairalmost 11 years ago

Nailed it. I have formed an alien side to myself, named it and everything, it even has its own voice. However it does not control me. It formed not because I engaged in porn or bdsm but because I was a fraud of repercussions if I was found out and from long years of self repression against my natural sex drive. I am now in a happy committed relationship since accepting my sexual nature so going along with the point of the essay which path exactly is healthier. In my opinion certainly not the repression.

bibookwormbibookwormalmost 11 years ago
On the Money

As a pornography addict in recovery, I had to get it straight in my head where it all started; once I did that, it became easier to manage (not being online all the time helps immensely). The government has a responsibility to protect me from those who would seek to do me harm. It has NO RIGHT to protect me from my own fantasies. If a person is to be condemned for what goes on in their mind, then everyone should turn themselves in for having a dirty mind. Wait ... doesn't that include these politicians who insist that they're promoting "family values"?

Those groups you mention all need to take a pill--preferably a red one. The Victorian Era is long dead; time to embrace the 21st Century.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It's about time!

It's about time to:

get rid of that worthless and troublesome "Bill of Rights" (it's the work of the devil)

enforce 100% cleansing (via censorship boards) of all "deviant material"

enforce 100% cleansing *see above* of all "deviant thoughts, ideas and speech"

search everywhere (and I mean EVERWHERE) for "prohibited materials/thoughts"

have mandatory execution of all that oppose the above (no trial needed)

Only then will we be safe from damnation.

Per: John 7:53-8:11 - Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone!!!

P.S. I am not worthy myself to uphold these lofty rules, for I have sinned and fallen short of the glory of GOD; perhaps a perfect politician will rise up and enslave (er, I mean save) us. Yea save, that's the word I should have said thought of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
100% approval

Selena, I enjoyed your article. It was well written and thought provoking. However may I give you a different slant? MEN NEED PORNOGRAPHY. Yes, I will explain. Women can participate in sex even if they are not fully willing. However men must be in the mood otherwise they cannot maintain the erection. When a man thinks he is losing it he images a sexual image. Even when he is going to climax too early he will imagine something else. A lot of men's sex goes on in the brain. As men age they lose these images and need pornography to keep the imagination fresh.

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleover 3 years ago

You have the greatest democracy in the world indeed but its incredible how there are still clusters of people living in places where religious beliefs are the law. And the power of religion is great but I have nothing against religious belief, just when it starts to interfere with the others lives, and there jumps the democracy .

About this essay, its very well written but its in a sort of bubble... in Literotica...

The hypocrisy of those” professionals “ Sex therapist (hilarious) and the serious Reverends is expected. The core of democracy is to resits to extremists both from left and right, but they also are needed to challenge us, to evolve. I think Literotica is a great place, a great forum of democracy! And it’s making America Great! And the rest of the world too...

melsdadmelsdadabout 3 years ago
How do these alleged pure people know more about porn than me?

I always laugh to myself when I see, hear, or read comments trying to claim porn is to blame, when the fact is, it's the religious zealots, and the hypocrites of this world, who cause more problems than anything else you can name.

We are sexual beings, we all like sex, and we all like porn, yet it seems to be a taboo subject which the majority of people simply cannot handle, so they pretend to be outraged by it, which proves they've done it or seen it, otherwise how do they know it's all they claim it to be?????

Like I say, the world is a giant hypocrisy.

bottovarnisbottovarnisover 2 years ago

Very well written and absolutely true! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Porn is objectively terrible for everyone, and it’s hilarious women are so for it since they’re famously exploited in it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous