All Comments on 'All Muslims Are Terrorists!'

by ramonathompson

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
twelveoonetwelveooneabout 16 years ago
*

I admire your willingness to say unpopular things, although most of the time it could be said better, I do not admire your remarkable inability to leave comments on others poetry, if nothing else you will begin to see how much of a bore it can be, maybe that might help. Who knows?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

racist bitch

thebulletthebulletalmost 14 years ago
Some things need to be said

I'm a lousy judge of poetry. My favorite poet is Ogden Nash. So I'm incapable of saying whether this is good poetry or not.

But the sentiment doesn't miss the mark by much.

We are a nation of great diversity. It is more of a melting pot than ever, with a wide range of immigrants who want to live the American Dream, maybe but mostly just to experience America's freedoms.

Our Muslim population has been burdened by the 'terrorist' label at least since 9/11. Of course, it's a bogus label, but generalizations are easy, aren't they?

So yes, many of our Muslim residents and citizens have felt the sting of resentment against a people instead of where that resentment really belongs - on the extremists that are really doing the deeds.

But - it was a Muslim who alerted the police about the Times Square car bomb, which illustrates the already obvious: the vast majority of Muslims in America are just good citizens just like most of the rest of us.

There is and always has been a portion of our population that fears. They fear the new; they fear the strange; they fear the different. Coupled with those who are predisposed to fear we have the fear-mongers: those who play on that fear and use it to their own advantage.

America's Muslims are among the latest victims of those fears-mongers and their receptive audience.

One of the best things about America: eventually it all comes out in the wash of events. The Muslim population will be more thoroughly assimilated into our society and then those that fear and their fear-monger leaders will turn against some other immigrant population.

I'm votin' for Mexicans. They are already taking the heat off of the Muslims in much of the Southwest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
All Muslims Are Terrorists!

I personally think that is raciest that is why I did brother reading the poem I'm so offended that I think you should be permanently kick off this at the least you and every one like you at the least and I'm not Muslim no wander they want to nuke the planet think you very much!!(

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous