All Comments on 'For The Good Times'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
JakeRiversJakeRiversabout 16 years ago
A nice romance is always good!

Fame and fortune turns too many heads ... but true love lasts forever!

It's been fun!

Jack

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
wonderful story

Every once in a wile you read a story that can only be described as "heart warming". This was one of those. Thanks DG

_Lynn__Lynn_about 16 years ago
Good job.......

as always, DG. Nice use of the lyrics as well. I enjoyed this mini-invitational with you and JakeRivers. Looking forward to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
This sory is a rare gem

Dear DG,

Until now I never commented on stories but your story left me silent for quite a while.

This story is a rare gem. Hope to see more in the near future.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterabout 16 years ago
Another great read

You are one of the few that can always be counted on. Thanks for writing.

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 16 years ago
Well Done!

Well written romance like few others can even think of, you have a touch with these that is great! Love it when you do one.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 16 years ago
This was a very nicely written story.

I liked the character development and the emotions expressed in the story. It's another winner by DGH. My only, tiny quibble is the bit of hypocrisy by Jeff, who certainly did not like it when his first wife had sex and got pregnant by another man when Jeff was out of the country in the military, yet he turns around and does the same thing to another married couple, and what's more, he does it when he's older and mature enough to know better. And what about birth control? I realize condoms are less fun but getting it on with Julie, who is on marriage number three (and everyone knows a lot of Hollywood stars sleep around), one would think he would protect himself against an STD (which never seems to happen in these stories; I really feel some day I would like to write a story where it does). He also should not have risked an unwanted pregnancy. Like STD's, I guess birth control is something akin to rocket science, or maybe it's always the woman's responsibility . . . Despite this way too deep thinking about the story, I really liked it. And maybe the intention was to actually show Jeff and Julie were just human and make their share of mistakes . . .

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 16 years ago
Great story, DG

really well written story. And it is feel good, too! Vulcan, you need to get with the romance of the story instead of picking at little issues.

DG, you're an excellent writer and this story proves that.. I hope I don't have to rate the three stories cuz I can tell they are all going to be the best.

I loved that song, too. I think Waylon sang the version I like.

Gary_LostGary_Lostabout 16 years ago
Very Good

Good read, enjoyed it all.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 16 years ago
Sorry, Nightowl, I agree with Vulcan

This story was written well. There can be no debate on that. But I don't agree with 'Nightowl' that 'Vulcan's' finding fault with the protagonist's behavior is nitpicking.<p>Early in the story the character "Jeff Wilson" strongly refuses to made a cuckold and staunchly professes that he will not raise another man's child. Yet, he in dallying with his high school sweetheart, now married Hollywood star, he is guilty of doing just that to her husband for certain in the former and very possibly in the latter. I just don't understand how this tale being a romance story excuses his actions. This transgression diluted this character's intefgrity for me.<p>DG, I am truly an ardent admirer of your submissions. I just have reservations about this one.

DrallDrallabout 16 years ago
the best!

Anon. in the Netherlands said it correctly-a rare jem!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very nicely done!

For the nit pickers Yes he did not condone his exwife fucking around and she paid the price for unfaithfulness. And yes Julie came to him and asked him to fuck her and he did. The differences in the two actions are clear to me and perhaps not so clear to others. This wife had chosen to fuck others and got herself pregnant and faced him with what amounted to a public humiliation. Julie's actions were private, discreet, and she carried it off without her husbands' knowledge. Yes it was somewhat out of character, but after having been used by so many women one can guess they had worn off some of the finer points to his character. Julie herself in this story comes across as a self centered, self loving, egotistical slut. Who will do anything to further her career but does not have the morals or character to do what is right in life.

brujaybrujayover 13 years ago
Feel Good Story

Your story started out nicely and just got better. Interesting and unexpected twists and turns kept me guessing until the sweet and romantic ending. I liked it.

Thank you for a great story. Please keep writing.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Honest and heartfelt story

Thanks DGH

r_d_txnr_d_txnover 13 years ago

Excellent, great read

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Excellent

It was interesting to see Jeff gradually mature through the course of the story and to reach the point where he was completely honest with Becky.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
C & W AT ITS BEST

and they said its only make believe. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
i miss techsan

a great writer 05/24/2013.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Great story - with good people -

No one set out to hurt anyone and even the cheating (it definitely was cheating period) went over as well as it could.

His honesty with Becky was the right choice and he did the right thing all the way through except that night every one has a weak spot and can become a hypocrite - he found his and faled the test - like a lot of human beings.

TwopullTwopullalmost 8 years ago

Nice little story. But lacked intensity I thought...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
FAN BLOODY TASTIC STORY MAN!

You are a Gifted Author! Have you ever thought about publishing it to Paperback and who knows maybe we could see it become a movie (stranger things have become reality) Just wanted to thank you for sharing this Fantastic story with us! Thanks Greg! OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 STARS

Near perfect romance.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mug

Is Julie's husband smug,surely the penny dropped when she announced she was pregnant amonth after the reunion .With their age difference it as to be a marriage of convenience with little sex and her third with only one child.A sequel with the husband finding out would have been good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

But lost a star because he slept with a married woman. Doesn't matter how much drama or nostalgia there was, it was still wrong. What if Becky was out of town and she slept with an old boyfriend and happened to turn up pregnant. I don't think the story would be such a nice romance. When she showed up at his room, he should have told Julie that they were together a long time ago and that she was married to another man. Then he says that he'll always remember the old Julie and she will always have a place in his heart as his first love but she has to leave and then show her the door.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Only one problem

The military always train their people to use condoms for casual sex!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why

Why if Julie was that popular,did she need to marry someone fifteen years older than her.?Also her husband must be brain dead if he didn't work out she got pregnant at the time of the reunion.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Took awhile but he found his love

Yes military furnished condoms But why do you think we had a 90% VD rate -clap mostly in Okinawa and same in other Asian countries -mostly not used

Cousin medic he was enlisted but was always being taken to officer's club for free drinks they didn't want their shots shown on medical records wife might see

Good story 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A nice story

Very entertaining. All the characters are portrayed as good, reasonable people. Such a relief as it is a pretty rare bird. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the most romantic stories I've read this far from you. For that part, I easily grant you a 5 stars.

But ...

I have to reduce that number considerably for not using the condoms provided to the military personnel and for the sexual relationships with married women.

Julie sure is a light weight above her neck and extremely superficial. She seems like the perfect air-head celebrity.

BJ

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Another great love story, well written and entertaining as always. Well Done 5 stars

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
If

If Becky is that attractive,why is she single?.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean12 months ago

hum he knew she was married what happened to not sleeping with em the magic of the reunion i guess makes it ok

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very well done. It would have been better to fold in a little on Becky's love-life or lack of it, but still a good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5691 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...