All Comments on 'Caught by the Tide Ch. 10'

by evanslily

Sort by:
  • 211 Comments
PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 16 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for finally finishing this story. I truly enjoyed it and I'm so happy for the ending. Can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
evanslily you rock !!

I love your work - thanks for a great read !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
awww

i'm happy and sad it's over. Happy cause it's a fantastic story. And sad cause it's a fantastic story...and I didn't want it to end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
the most wonderful story!!!

Please keep on writing!You are my absolute favourite writer!!!!

cageyteecageyteeabout 16 years ago
As with all of your other work . . .

this was well worth waiting for. Although there is, I am sure, a strong sense of satisfaction in having finished it, I trust the challenge of continuing with your storytelling is alive and well and living inside you, just waiting for the catalyst to get a new tale started. This old man will be waiting, anxiously, to see what that fertile mind of yours produces next. Thank you for all the time, energy and prodigious talent you put in to entertaining your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thank you!

What a delightful story! While I am sorry to see it come to its inevitable conclusion, I think you did a wonderful job. (Having said that, I'm going to hold onto the slim hope that perhaps someday we will get to revisit Luke and Becks.) In the meantime, the farm and its enchantments await....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
amazingg

i loved it<BR>

now sit your ass back down and finish writing back to the farm<BR>:D

michchick98michchick98about 16 years ago
Bravo!

I'm almost sorry to see this end. You really did make us hate Daniel. I would've loved to have seen what Becca's mom did to him when she found out about what he'd been planning.

Anyway, this was a wonderful ending to an equally wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it with us!

HikergirlHikergirlabout 16 years ago
Congrats...

...on a great story!You've made quite a name for yourself in the short time you've been posting here, and justifiably so. I hope you continue!

NyasiaNyasiaabout 16 years ago
White Sands...

It's fitting that Luke and Becks would get married there. After all, that's where the tide caught them. The only thing that disappointed me was that we didn't learn how "Baby Tosser Foster" came into being. After all, Becks took her contraceptives quite seriously and missing one tablet usually doesn't result in pregnancy as long as the remaining course is taken. I think that the backstory on that would have been a fun read...and, hot, too! I'm going to miss Luke and Becks...well done, Lily!

PrettiPrincessPrettiPrincessabout 16 years ago
One of my FAVORITE stories of all time!

ooh! i love this story!!! what a great ending. it's sad that it's over, but i'm glad i could read such a heart-warming story. i can't wait for you to finish matt and lissy's story too! please keep writing, you have a great talent.

TricialenTricialenabout 16 years ago
Wonderful

and romantic, you created the perfect hero, not too alpha, not too nerdy, just right. and Becks fits him perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
simply...

marvelous! What a great ending to an utterly delightful story. In some stories, beginning & middle parts are good but the ending disappoints. I'm glad to note that this is definitely not the case. Great dialogue all throughout; loved the part about not 'losing the bacon sandwich'. LOL Congratulations on a job well done. Good luck, and hope to read Back to the Farm soon!

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
A Great Pleasure

to read this fine story. Luke was really an amusing figure and Daniel was a terrible villain! Sorry to see it over with!

MollyDollyMollyDollyabout 16 years ago
Beautiful!

I love your work and I love, love, love this story! *sigh* Where's my Luke? He doesn't have to be a hunky doctor- I'm not quite that picky :) Thank you for finishing it off :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
To my favourite author

I have yet to read anything that you have written that I don't love; I'm looking forward to the end of BTTF.

Shh! You know who.

starry_nightstarry_nightabout 16 years ago
Thank you!

I really enjoyed reading this story! It's romantic and funny with such charming characters. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this lovely story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
thank you

i loved this story. the perfect ending. can't wait to read more from you!!

sharonasharonaabout 16 years ago
YES!

Absolutely awesome ending to a fantastic story! Thanks so much for the wonderful characters you let us get to know. Take Care!

NorCalGirlNorCalGirlabout 16 years ago
A wonderful read

You had me fooled, thinking perhaps Becks was going to be pregnant from the prior chapter. A truly fun and sexy read! Like someone else already said, I'd love to find a Luke of my own, and he doesn't need to be a high-powered doctor either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
great

you are simply gr8

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thank you!

This story was so enjoyable and romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
awesome!

Loved this story...sad its over but i hope you can work on Back to the Farm now...both of these stories anr my favorites...cant wait for the next chapters you such a great writer!

kittykat36kittykat36about 16 years ago
AWESOME

I loved every bit of this story. I am so glad to see the last chapter so soon, but I am sad that it is over. Can't wait for you to finish the other story. You are a great writer. I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Love it!

Awww that was such a cute story! I love it! Cant wait to read the rest of your stories! Thanks!

smidgeonsmidgeonabout 16 years ago
Bliss

That was a great wrap up to a wonderful story... I don't think you could have done any nicer. As solid and attractive as Luke is, Daniel is equally (or worse) pathetic and disgusting. It was definitely a love/hate relationship throughout the story. But ultimately, we're left with the wonderfully warm images of Luke ... and the tart he married. :-)

Thanks for sharing the story, and I look forward to reading more from you!

GracieLaurenGracieLaurenabout 16 years ago
Wonderful

This was one of the best stories I've read on this site. Realistic, wonderfully told and beutifully narrated. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your work and I hope you plan on writing much more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
absolutely delightful!

This story is absolutely delightful! (I have a few minor complaints, here and there; I've mentioned those.) But at various points across the ten chapters, the story was very touching or very humorous; sometimes both. Again, absolutely delightful.

-- KK in Texas

August_BouvierAugust_Bouvierabout 16 years ago
Bittersweet

It's like an amazing ride that you know has to end, and when it does you're not quite sure you want to get off. Um, pardon the pun.

You made me care for these characters. I liked that you gave Becks and Luke a year together before getting married. They started with such a whirlwind and it's satisfying to me to know they have a solid foundation as they continue their adventure.I enjoyed your twist on the Foster tradition.

Well done! Good luck with your exams and hope to see you soon on The Farm.

JoyousWarriorWomanJoyousWarriorWomanabout 16 years ago
Great Story

This was so good I had to start over so I could read the whole thing through to the end. It was a great story with lovely twist and turns, while staying true to the story of those two. Great Work now I have to go read your others!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Exceptional Talent Makes A Superb story

This One's Really Really Extraordinary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Sexy, Romantic Read

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this awesome story, it was completely worth the wait! I hope you'll continue to write and post in the future!

Roge472xalRoge472xalabout 16 years ago
Perfect!

A great story, in the end not too convoluted, yet with brilliant kinks, hitches and touches of humour. Well worth the wait for the conclusion; and that goes for the anticipation of the writing yet to come! :-) Roger

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Terriffic Story!!!

Have enjoyed it from beginning to end. Great way to bring it to conclusion. Can't wait for completion of "Back to the Farm". Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
*yay*

That was lovely :)

PrettiPrincessPrettiPrincessabout 16 years ago
I love this story!

Can you please hurry and put up the next chapter to matt and lissy's story?

XriahXriahabout 16 years ago
<3

Awww I loved the ending ^_^

It was cute. You're an amazing author and I can't wait to read more on your farm story as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
inspired

brilliant.romantic unexpected and not smutty you really are very talented :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Perfect!

I was late to work this morning because once i started reading your story i couldn't stop until the end, and what an ending!!! Such a great read, keep up the good work :)

pookertspookertsalmost 16 years ago
2nd time around

This is my second time reading this story, it's really fantastic....keep writing :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
The best!

I loved this story. I laughed, I cried. I even yelled when Daniel finally got what was coming to him because I was SO happy! You are a wonderful writer. Don't stop. Ever.

IAN_TIAN_Talmost 16 years ago
Brill!!!!!

Excellent!!

Don't need to say anymore.

Thanks

sacrificedangelsacrificedangelover 15 years ago
Excellent!!

..Ive only just gotten around to reading that, and I LOVED it!!! What a fabulous story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
best story ever!

wow.................

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
you are sensational!

amazing amazing amazing!!!!! i absolutely love ALL your stories, you are no doubt talented and extremely creative. you make me want to know luke and becks for life, i dont' even want his story to end! thank you so much for this wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Things that make you go 'ohh'!

LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! So sweet. Had a big smile on my face when I finished it. Good Job!

Dancewithme2Dancewithme2over 15 years ago
How?

How can anyone possibly find fault with anything in this wonderful story? It was a great read, and all the time and effort it took to write it paid off. Seems like everyone loved it. Congratulations lily! It was great. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
hmm

this story was fantastic!!!

just one thing i realised.. what does Becks do?? i could have it wasnt mentioned what she does???

:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Such a wonderful story--loved the characters. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow, Fabulous!

This story was amazing! Romantic and exciting... So well-written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Awwwwwwwwwwww...................

Lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Thank you.

This series was exceedingly lovely. Thank you so very much for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good as ever!

I loved this story! You have a talent for bringing the characters to life and making people love them!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Awesome

I really enjoyed this story, It is excellent. I can't wait to read more of your writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice story....

<p>Nice story - very well written. </p>

<p>As I guy, I enjoyed it from the writing standpoint, though I can't say from a sexual (or even erotic) one. While you continually build Luke up - he's considerate, to the point on checking on a girl he had a glancing (negative) interaction hours before, built and highly attractive, talented, rich, extraordinarily giving and with no expectations sexually ("Becks" experiences multiple orgasms, and he even _protests_ when she goes to give him a blowjob), able to get other women (so Becks is "special" for being chosen), but chooses not to because he's learned better, etc etc etc. </p>

<p>OK, so perfect guy. A bit too perfect, all round. But that's bearable. What made it more difficult was the utter lack of anything attractive about 'Becks.' Luke tells her she's amazing, but (1) she's silly enough to be caught out by a tide, not know what a riptide is, get injured, etc, (2) emotionally over-reacts when she observes Luke interacting with his friends; be unstable is hardly attractive, (3) is not witty, intelligent, cute, or particularly endearing through any of this, (4) has abominable taste in her affianced (and that poor judgment isn't attractive, though it does set her up nicely to be "rescued" - a woman's fantasy, I suppose), (5) lacks the basic consideration to take a few minutes to write Luke a note, or actually manage to leave a message with reception. She could easily have called, as her sister points out. It's only Luke's infallible perfection that leads him to interrogate the hospital staff, and actually pursue her (as opposed to taking her "up and leaving" as a sign of rejection and spent the time with his sister and her newly minted husband, which is what he probably should have done). From then on it's just a comedy of errors, all somehow magically fixed with Luke's intervention.</p>

<p>Frankly, while I applaud your command of the English language, I can't help but see this story as anything more than "perfect man chances on foolish girl, then fixes her life." Luke rescues her, both physically and emotionally, saves her mother's life, etc and so on. All without being asked, with barely-credible excuses for knowing to in the first place, and seemingly without cause.</p>

<p>"Becks" offers nothing more than sex; most of which, it seems, she's nothing more than the receiving receptacle. She doesn't initiate anything, and, apart from an aborted blowjob, doesn't actually do anything _for_ him. While, in contrast (sexually) he does everything for her. Like he does in the rest of her life. She's a very passive character, and seems very weak. I'm still not sure what she offers Luke; perhaps she's beautiful, and apparently responsive (if not talented) in bed, but given his apparent perfection, neither of those are tremendously rare. </p>

<p>I don't want to fall into Exchange Theory her, but the complete disparity between this is something I don't find at all enticing, or believable. I just can't emphasize with Luke; if I try to overcome his perfection, I'm still left with the impossibility of finding Rebecca enticing. On the other hand, I can see that "Becks" is both ambiguous enough, and flawed enough, that most women can insert themselves into the story and really enjoy the idea of being rescued.</p>

<p>As a side note, I don't generally read these sorts of stories (it was nominated in the Literotica rewards; Luke as one of the sexiest male characters), so I can say: this is the first story I've read which really made be believe those people who say that "women's (emotional) porn is just as 'biased' as men's porn." Luke is an absurd ideal, much the same way modern porn depicts women (though, you could argue, in a different direction: Luke takes a "normal guy" and adds a bunch of things, while in [at least some] male-centric porn you take women and subtract things).</p>

<p>And thank God HTML works in the comments, or this would be unreadable.</p>

evanslilyevanslilyover 15 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your comments, Anonymous of USA

<br>I very much appreciate the time it must have taken to read my story and provide me with unusually lengthy feedback. </br>

<br>I’m curiously flattered that it appears you expected this story to be better than it actually is. I have no illusions about my writing ability - I’m well aware I have much to learn! </br>

<br>You make some interesting and valid points. I say ‘some’ because, as you might expect, I certainly don’t agree with them all. :-) Unfortunately, much though I’d like to discuss some of the issues raised, you chose to leave anonymous feedback. From my point of view, that’s a shame, as I think to correspond with you further would’ve been very useful for the development of my writing skills. Should you happen to drop by again, I’d love it if you would consider contacting me via the ‘Contact’ page you’ll find by clicking on the link to my member page. </br>

<br>Incidentally, if you hated Becks, please don’t start reading <I>Back to the Farm</I>. You’d <I>really</I> hate Melissa. Even I do at times… :) </br>

<br>Thanks again</br>

<br>Lily</br>

<br>-x-</br>

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Loved it

Excellent entertainment, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
To the Author in response to her response below

Exceptionally well handled.

Brava!

<p>

--

An admirer in Boston

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Nice!

That was such a sweet ending! I really enjoyed this story.

Awesome story you have here! I love both Luke and Rebecca!

Love the whole plot of the story, it's so romantic!

Now the story is finished, I bet I'm going to miss this couple!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great Story

I thought this was a pretty sweet story, with a lot of emotional conflicts, which was very well done. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wow!

I honestly love your work! your writing is incredible. keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
It was amazing

Plus you handled the long critique very nicely. You write stories that many people love and can relate to on at least some level. Thank you for sharing your stories with everyone on literotica I for one am very appreciative!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
bloody super

this was soooo goood, i didn't want to stop reading, write some more! please. i've been reading all night, first back to the farm, now after this i'm heading straight to your third.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Can't decide which of your works I like the best!

Started with this one and then read everything you've done, but I think this one might be the best. Keep writing- I can't wait to read more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
More more more!

Please! I cannot wait for your next one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Fantastic

I loved this story so much. This is my second time reading it and it's so touching and warms me up inside.

Keep Writing you have a fabulous gift.

LaurenAmandaLaurenAmandaalmost 15 years ago
I honestly...

...thoroughly enjoyed this. I read some of the very lengthy comment and I don't believe Rebecca was a bad character at all. She was just a normal woman. Her "over-reaction" to seeing Luke in the bar was reasonable - having just found out that her fiancé had cheated on her - I would certainly have done the same. She may not have been witty etc, but I think the story focussed more on conflict in her life than her personality. she certainly had far too much going on to "shine" as it were. <br /><br />As for Luke, I don't think you ever portrayed him to be perfect. It was pointed out several times that he had been bad with women at one point and he's making amends. Maybe, a man like that is yet to exist, but after all, this is a fictional story, and its nice to have someone that women can dream about (I know I have). I guess - from the comment - it shows that men and women are very different, in the that way they think.<br /><br />Whatever the case, you did such an amazing job :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Awww

This was really cute. Great job! Hope to see more from you soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Awww

This was really cute. Great job! Hope to see more from you soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
sequel??.. please

could you write a sequel to this... same characters, etc

CoryleaCoryleaalmost 15 years ago
You must be joking!

WHY does Luke love Rebecca? She isn't very bright, she's a psychological mess, she makes a lot of stupid decisions and needs constant rescuing. Luke isn't a guy with low enough self-esteem that he needs to have a pitiful person around so that he'll feel big in comparison ... it doesn't make sense to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Love, love, love it!

Wish your female protagonists weren't quite as whiny and needy, but I love your writing style. It's great to get to know the characters; you consistently do them justice. I can't wait for more stories! And if you could mail one of your male leads out to me...I'd be ever so grateful! ;)

Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Splendiferous.

I've just read this a second time and loved it again. Please continue to write--can't wait to see where the new story will go.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Sad that it's over

I really came to like Rebecca and Luke. Rebecca seemed to be a little weak, and too emotional, but you're the author, and perhaps if she'd been stronger, she'd have seen through Daniel's lies and deception. Your characters were realistic, and there were enough cliff-hanging moments in nearly every chapter to leave me wanting more. I must say that you've earned a 'best author' vote from me. Thank you for a wonderful story. I'm planning on reading your remaining stories. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Beautiful

A great story with a happy ending. I love those! Thank you for writing for us and good luck to you.

LadyFalconLadyFalconover 14 years ago
Wonderful! Phenomonal! Spectacular!

That Ms. Evanslily is the most beautiful love stories I have read in a long time and at the very least should be a Harlequin Romance novel. To use a term I picked up when living in England as a teenager - that's bloody brilliant, love!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sheer brilliance

Nowt else to say but wonderful. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Phewwwwwwwww

Best damn story I've read all year. It's after 1 a.m. but I couldn't go to bed without finding out how it ended. To the person who commented, asking WHY Luke loves Rebbecca: The heart wants what it wants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
perfect remedy

i've been not very well this weekend but your story was perfect and really cheered me up. Im even debating a holiday in cornwall! I cant wait to read your other stories.

becky_swanbecky_swanover 14 years ago
love it

i love this story. i have read the whole thing at least 3 times already. luke is fantastic. are you in the process of writing anything else? i really hope you are, as i would really like to read some!

Kar626Kar626over 14 years ago
Amazing

Honestly the best story I have ever read on lit. I read it min. Five times if not more. I love it and I hope you make another one with a sexy doctor ;) keep writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
yet another brillant story!

I love your writing. I think ive gone through all of your stories in 2 days. once i start, I'm unable to stop! Thanks for a great read. Look forward to the next post!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Amazing!

Holy cow! I agree with the person above. Amazing, amazing story. Totally distracted me from MY exam prep. Now I`m off to read the rest of your stories- although if they`re as good as this one I don`t know if my heart will make it through. I really am a romantic sap, and this was the most romantic story I`ve read all year!

WildWolfjoyWildWolfjoyabout 14 years ago
Need More STARS!!!

How can I rate this with only 5 freakin' STARS?!? Each chapter has gotten better & better & BETTER & I NEED MORE STARS!!! Plus, either your editing is fan-tabulous or I've been so caught up in the story I haven't seen ANY errors?!? That NEVER happens! Please, for all that's good on this Earth do NOT stop writing! I am slavering to go read the (chronologically) next series you have posted here & TYVVVVM for sharing your work with us!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
OMG

AMAZING story!!!

gah, i can't believe how amazing it was!

please write more stories, i love them so much :)

be happy knowing that your words made me very very happy!

MissWizzMissWizzabout 14 years ago
can I have a Tosser-Foster?

I really enjoyed this story, it made me want to have a Tosser-Foster of my own ;-)

Your writing is wonderful and I love reading your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Another wonderful story.

I loved this story, as I wrote in BACK TO THE FARMS, that being the first of your stories I have read, I LOVE YOUR WORK. Unlike that one however, I loved the ending to this one, not such a cliffhanger :D

By the way, you need to write the sequel to back to the Farm. :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Brilliant

following the 6th time of reading, my verdict remains the same - my most favourite story on literotica.

buzzlegirlbuzzlegirlalmost 14 years ago
Amazing

I really hope your work gets published, you're definitely good enough. Your grasp of emotion is perfect! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Hello there!!

Well, aside from the pretty much compulsory 'this story is AWESOME!', I'd like to sign up for a Tosser-Foster of my own as well ;) . But seriously, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
another winner

each of your stories is just as wonderful as the last. glad i discovered you once so many stories were completed; it would have been very hard to wait for each chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow

You should write novels! This was very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
AMAZING!!

IF U DONT WRITE BOOKS U SHOULD DO!!!! amazing x

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Brilliant!

Congrats on a fantastic piece of writing!I don't usually read Literotica but I needed a bit of romance or at least the feel good factor of reading a romance novel and I came across yours' a couple of months ago - and with baited breath waited for the next couple of installments. I read the whole story last night until 2:30am.....

Keep writing as definitely using an online forum to get your work published is the best way to get known!

Cheers! to Caught by the Tide!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I've read this story several times since you posted the first chapter and everytime I fall in love with this story and its characters a litte more (and my loathing for Daniel expands in multitudes as well)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!!!

Ok sad to say but I am slowly becoming addicted to your stories!! These romantic stories are awesome on Literotica but I can put yours down! Please finish anything for you..I have read everything else and I am wondering what to do now.... I agree with everyone else you need to be righting novels... Don't leave us hanging with Sam and Drew thanks!!!!

CyberfemmeCyberfemmeover 13 years ago
Wonderfull... Again!

After having (re-) read Anything for you and waiting for he next chapter, I reread this story... It got me all over again. You write wonderfully well! Please keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wonderfully well written

I really loved this series. It is very well written.

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Very Good Romance Novel

Well written, well conceived

AShrewdOneAShrewdOneover 13 years ago
I Love Anything for You, but...

...this may very well be my favorite story on Literotica.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous