All Comments on 'Coal Miner Pt. 04'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 145 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great

Good information about the mine industry in ohio.

Boyd

zed0zed0about 16 years ago
Almost A Wimp

If the sex is great, keep her around as a fuck buddy. Doesn't mean he's gotta marry her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
You can stop all of it by borrowing her phone and

calling Mary and asking her over. Never ever take a cheater back. Next time they may be more careful with their adultry and when they get bored or tired or unsatisfied or mad at you or whatever they will do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Are these stories starting to demean men?

Is it me, or are these stories starting to demean men? Rob: Maybe I'll take her back, since there are only about 3 billion other women in the world so maybe I'll never find another one that wouldn't fuck around on me? She didn't show up at the first accident but showed up at this one, but after all she had some guy's dick in her ass on that first one? And she only lied a few white lies, risked our family and health for fun, OK, so mistakes can be made? And she only screwed a couple of times since our vows, once by the Bears and once by the Red Chinese army. And screwing the other guys wife makes it even kinda; but since even the other wife admits your wife traded soooo down to fuck her exhusband, your ex wife is pathetic (kinda like fucking your wife's rapist's wife to get even, so what?!?!). And she's a real sex machine, and now finally claims 20-30 years after the wedding that I finally get her sex machine exclusive. For awhile anyway. And she really, really wants me now, I think, since she even broke a date with another guy for me?? Does wimp or moron cover it best?? I know, its only a story.

roadbirdroadbirdabout 16 years ago
why not

just live with her and fuck her ...instead of marrying her ...after all she said that also

Zeb40Zeb40about 16 years ago
Nice ending to a good story.

I find it hard to believe that so many readers would think that he should never forgive her. As far as finding another woman, he's obviously tried, but unsuccessfully. He admits that she was a great mother, and they shared many good years together. Admittedly, she screwed up royally, but his girls are anxious to see them reconcile, and I don't think they would do that if they didn't believe she could be faithful in the future. He's lonely and hasn't much of a life, so why shouldn't he take a chance again. He doesn't have much to lose, and a lot to gain. It's apparent that she still loves him, so I say go for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
if you're happy

If it makes him more happy than he has been in the past 9 to 10 years, the choice seems easy. He hasn't been celibate during that period, and apparently she hasn't. So ? It's a choice each person would have to make for himself, regardless how others feel about it. G.Belgium

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I'm glad...

that you left it open-ended. There might be a reconciliation on the way, but it's for the readers to think about. And who knows, maybe love will indeed be better the second time around. They are both older now, and have lived separate lives for the past 10 years, and have not found happiness with other people. I think the wife will be faithful this time around since she's older and wiser now, and has already suffered the consequences of her infidelity. Thanks DGH for info about the coal mining industry, and for sharing your talent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I'm glad

In a real world where dating women drop guys cause they don't like the way he holds a salad fork or the color of the car he drives or how he parts his hair, its nice to know that practically all the genius commentators here, giving such high scores, would gladly let some guy repeatly fuck their wife's ass (see story for details) and still take her back, if it made them feel good.

DG HearDG Hearabout 16 years agoAuthor
Hi there! DG Hear again

Well, some of you have read Part 4. First, I want to say thank you for sticking around and also thank you to those who didn't give away the ending. (Another site posted it a day earlier)

I spent a lot of time on the ending. I changed it a few times. I finally put myself in Rob's shoes and asked myself what I might do in the same situation? I followed that advise and wrote the ending.

Would everyone react the same? Of course not! This is one man and his life and how he dealt with it. Love it, hate it, we all make choices. Oh, by the way, before tearing me apart; it was just a story. Thank you all for reading and commenting.

With respect,

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great story

(as usual),but It occured to me that IF the first accident had not happened,she could have gone on "seeing" the other guy for a long time and Rob would still have had no idea.It is just a story(and a good one),but bearing in mind my comments I would have gone back to my own apartment,hired a nurse and told Brenda to go away(and that is being polite)Keep up the stories,they are one of the bright rays of sunshine amongst the dross that is now appearing on this site.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 16 years ago
What is wrong....?

What is wrong with some people? A really good story about a woman who made a mistake and a man who although still not sure wants that woman around. From my point of view I don't really believe that once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater in my experience there is normally a reason why someone cheats and it and it is normally a problem caused by both parties.

We as humans make mistakes every single day and I am not being gender biased here but both men and woman make mistakes. 10 years is a long time to be away from someone you really love and yes I agree this is a story but in real life ex-husbands and wives get together all the time and live happily ever after. So those who don't like the story cut DG some slack he WRITES great stories and as someone who has just started writing I know how hard it can be.

cageyteecageyteeabout 16 years ago
I knew it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always knew it !!!!!!!

Deep down, you are just a big romantic marshmallow . . . just like me! I love your stories and although this one was far from your best, I loved it anyway. Just for the record, cageytee was divorced over 25 years ago. The former Mrs cageytee is still single and on her own and we encounter each other frequently as we share 4 grandchildren and she has made no secret about her willingness to "have another go at it". "Any time . . . any place." was how she put it. With her, it would be reality . . . not something I would be remotely interested in doing and I'm sure I have made that quite clear but . . . I am aware, painfully so, that all too many of our commenters have a great deal of difficulty separating a story (like this) from reality and they allow themselves to become unreasonably upset with the "story". In a story, anything can happen and often does. In my mind, that's why we call them stories. They evoke imagination which may be why a few commenters get so upset but for those who have the strength of character to recognize and enjoy it for what it is, a story, we can enjoy it and as always DGH, wait anxiously for more.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterabout 16 years ago
Enjoyed it.

Thanks DG. Please write more. I hate those wimp stories where the husband turns into some sort of perverse freak slave. This was believable and entertaining. Glenn in NC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thanks!

A story I can enjoy,thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
greattttt story

Really enjoyed this series, keep up the good work..

_Lynn__Lynn_about 16 years ago
Interesting.......

story, DG. I enjoyed parts and shook my head over others. Not my favorite from you, by a long shot, but still a good read. I wish you well in the contest and I look forward to joining you in the next writing invitational.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
well..........

Overall, I liked the story line. (I'm not sure it's up to your usual quality, to be frank.) Honestly, I didn't care much for how things developed in this last chapter. It seemed that moving in with his ex was crammed down his throat, a conspiracy between her and their daughters. Yeah, the set-up was all there and it's not an illogical ending to the story; but I didn't care much for how it developed. But, do keep writing. I like your work.

-- KK in Texas

DrallDrallabout 16 years ago
Thank You!

Thank you,DGH,for a great story!So true to life(for me).I think they will remarry and be happy together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
more good work by an outstanding author

A little different than your normal work but very good work still.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Excellent story

It was one of the best stories that I have seen in awhile. keep up the good work. I will be looking at some of your other stories, hopefully they are just as good. It reminded me of a couple that I once knew.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Husband has no backbone

The union's health plan would pay for a nurse; he didn't need the kids to pay. The company would have pulled out all the stops for a hero. Why would he risk being cared for by ex-wife. Even if she didn't decide on a night out, she has no training for nursing.</p>

Through out the story the husband is reactive. Gets pushed into a divorce, gets pushed into giving a talk, gets pushed into ex-wifes apartment, watches as ex-wife cuts up his underwear. Even meeting Bill's ex was entirely driven by others. Might as well invest his savings in lottery tickets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great story

I agree with Zeb40. They have been separated for almost 10 years but seem to still love each other. Go for it. I can't believe the number of apparent woman haters among your readers whose only response to any story is "kill the bitch". You write a fine sory DG but I guess you can't please all the people all the time. Keep up the great wrting.

60 year old George

Gary_LostGary_Lostabout 16 years ago
Great Story

Loved the ending, I knew he would take her back.

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
Pure Pleasure

Lots of interesting details. Obviously if after ten years

he has gotten over his lack of trust and fear of being once

again a victim. Then there is no reason for not getting hitched again, except, it would be so much simpler to cure

any new problems if they do not sign any papers. In this modern day and age this old fogey is used to seeing a lot of couples who do not get married on paper but are obviously married in their hearts. He has not found anything better

in ten years. Why not get back together and see if it works.

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 16 years ago
Very good!

Well written tale with great characters, that's one reason I like longer ones, more time to flesh them out. In real life people grow, change, and mellow, same happened here. They might get remarried but they will be close no matter what. A very good story like you are known for, Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thanks

An enjoyable story. I am not sure I agree with how you ended it but its your ending and I can see it. Thanks for your time and your words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I have to agree

I have to agree with Anon in Texas, everyone did cram his ex down his throat and it just didn't go with his character. Reconcile at any cost? I could see it happening after 10 years, but not like this.

JennyBearJennyBearabout 16 years ago
I loved it!

You told us how it would end in the opening paragraph. However you spun an amazing story afterwards with all its little twists and turns. It was up to your usual standards. Some might argue that that having sex with his ex was tantamount to acceptance of what she had done. Reconciliation does not always have to end in remarriage. However, I think the ending was perfect. Rob is a man in turmoil. She hurt him deeply with her betrayal in his time of need. However, he is having one hell of a time getting over her. It could go either way, thank you for writing.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 16 years ago
Overall, a nice, romantic story.

We may not all agree on how the "story should turn out," but most of us, I bet, agree that the story was nicely written, it was reasonably consistent, and we can't knock a story just because it has a happy ending. Perhaps a lot of us don't experience the "happy ending" very often but it does happen on occasion. I agree with the comments of other readers; in real life, a lot of ex's still get together. After all, the ex has the same qualities you liked the first time around, and those were qualities that attracted you once and might again. Obviously the relationship would be more cautiously developed, because it does take time to trust someone again. But are we to say that no one is permitted a second chance? Surely some deserve it . . . Anyway, it was a nice story. The only negative was that a bit of the story turned out to be erotic . . .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Rob needs some dating standards

Site responses seem to be going PC (requiring comment without criticism). Positive responses seem to focus on wife's mistake, and husband's choices/happiness, and unless the written ending is agreed with, commentator must hate women. 1)A mistake is hitting the gas instead of the brake, it is not allowing a nonspouse to repeatedly insert his privates into the wife's orafices. That requires intent. 2)Husband could make lots of choices that might make him happy: lobotomy, take heroin, Russian roulette, chicken on the highway, sex with mom/dad/both(?), etc. Point is, with those as here, many might characterize Rob's happy choice as stupid, ridiculous, and possibly even insane. How many times are they down this path? She'd sown her oats, Rob overlooked it and married her. She did it again and betrayed the marriage and family. Now she's middle aged and trying to regain what she lost for still another go round. Her prospects don't seem too great (1 [middle aged] guy rings the phone every 2 weeks) so her claims of love seem hollow as 10 years ago. Even if she does "love" Rob and he loves her, does that require that she become his beloved? His 10 year grudge trumped by a lack of self esteem and dating skills. Just a story, might even happen this way in real life, but still is distateful: betrayal, humiliation, damage to love and family, 10+ lost years. Mary had more balls than to do same for her ex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
TYPICAL CRAP FROM THIS CLOWN

This board really needs something lower than oo---maybe WHALE SHIT, that's in the bottom of the ocean! That's where this author and story belong.

SlickTonySlickTonyabout 16 years ago
Very Human & Real

...and very informative about the coal mining. It's true that most people don't make the connection between coal and their electric. I do wonder, though, does reclamation really work when the entire top has been removed from a mountain?

Funny how much heat this story generated, about the relationships and all. You'd think it in the Loving Wives category, which is one in which all the readers' issues and hurts seem to come to the fore. Frequently what they say about the story says more about them than it does about the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
As usual, a great story with real human emotions

DGH,

Those of us who come here to read and know that I writing skills are not up to the standards set by some on this board, owe you and the other good writers on the board a vote of thanks.

It is hard work to create a story like, "The Coal Miner." It is easy to make cruel comments not in any way connected to the writing ability shown in the story. It is especially easy when you hide behind the name. "Anonymous". IMHO Anonymous comments and votes should not be accepted. Let those of us who are willing to come forward with out comments be heard, let the cowardly one who are afraid to even receive a PM be totally anonymous.

Thank you again for another great submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Why is some feel that not going back for nasty

seconds means kill the bitch. You can be friends with your ex without having sex or being comfy coszy with them. Death is the only alternative. Trust and openness is something we give to a person when we meet until the show that those are not really on option. Getting back with someoone you know you cant trust by experience seems an impssible mountain to hurdle. You can bang the ex as a "boyfriend" without committing to a relationship or romance. Personally if I were betrayed by a woman she wouldnt have to worry about it because I would never speak to her again and if I had the choice would not see her again. That is difficult when young children are involved but can be handled if you want it done. Put another way there are to many pussies in the world to get over involved in one used alley cat.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 15 years ago
NICE STORY

Excellent writing, as usual. The plot was very interesting. I especially liked the references to the hidden intentions or agendas of female behavior making it sound like a sub-culture or a conspiracy. I’ve seen “Mike’s list” of words and their female interpretations, before. Who knows, maybe you’re the one that developed the list. I enjoyed it, just the same. The ending was classic. The way you showed the female subculture in action. When Brenda and their daughters conspired to maximize the amount of time Rob had to stay in close quarters with Brenda and rely on her for almost all his needs. Even enlisting the daughters’ husbands to clear out Rob’s things from his apartment and then sub-letting it so he had nowhere else to live. While Brenda made his favorite meals, paraded around nude and the "coup de gras" relieving him of his sexual tension. Rob never had a chance. Did I say female sub-culture? How does that prophesy go, “The meek shall inherit the earth.” I always thought it referred to meek men, I wonder. Thanks DG another enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
GREAT STORY

Loved this one as well as MANY of the others you have written. Thank you very much for your time and efforts. Know it is appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
bill?

he was at a time when she was being re-devoted rob? that sense of knawing trust would bother me. he has other options, nancy, and he puts himself to get burned again?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
ahhhh!!

come on man, im all for a happy ending, but for fucks sake, it doesnt have to the be the cheating spouse-man or woman. ill be upfront, im not the forgive and forget type but idk, it might be possible if it was a one time incident and she was upfront with me, but frankly its doubtful. that being said, its not just sex, its not just our fragile male ego and no, you dont love me if you slept around on me. now, while your story was somewhat interesting, i didnt like how you have your characters all say it sucks she cheated, but you should take her back because she loves you and it was all a mistake. so she made a mistake over and over again, for months? so she made a mistake fucking another man when her husband could have died? why cant you write a more realistic story? and yes, i know this is a mostly erotic fantasy site, but that doesnt stop people from wanting a story they can relate to. and they cant relate to your stories when the children, family, friends, basically everyone says stop being a jackass and take her back because you both still love each other? now how fucking realistic is it that not one of his fucking friends or family took his side? how realistic is it that they got back together after several yrs? you suck dg hear because you write the same story, change the title, and tell us "look what ive done!"a

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good story, crap ending

Very disappointing after the three great earlier chapters. Rob's character is changed in this part that you might be writing about someone completely different.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
There are SO MANY things wrong with the last two chapters that I can't mention all of them.

So, I'll just mention two.

1) The GOD DAMN Miners Insurance would cover ALL of the round the clock nursing he would need. Just the publicity of them doing less than that would be more expensive to the mine.

2) He was never a wimp at any time. So, why would he wimp out when he had alternatives? Answer, he would not.

I'm sorry to see such talent wasted by the unreal reconciliations that the author frequently creates out of nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved the ending. He showed he had real strength

in accepting his wife's apology.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Truly a humanistic story

Wonderfully woven tale of mature people with hearts of gold

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
Being right, Being happy: Choose

Brenda had broken it off with Cooter before she was busted. Unless I misread the story, Cooter only came to town once a month, possibly more but since he was married not a whole lot more. To her credit she knew it was wrong and after each time, she made the decision to end it -- not let it happen again. I don't think the outside observer understands how easy it is to "do it again" once you have done something especially if somebody like Cooter is "playing" you. That's not an excuse but certainly should be a mitigating factor when determining what course to take.

Rob did what was right **for him** by divorcing Brenda. He found over the 9 or 10 years of living alone that he still loved Brenda and missed her. He had to avoid being alone with her to keep from start seeing her again. He really tried to do what he thought was the right thing.

Rob risked serious prison time taking care of Cooter when he learned he was harrassing her. Sounds like a man who cares about a woman. He called a woman to whom he was making love, "Brenda," not once but twice.

Is she going to cheat again? Maybe. All indicators and evidence says 'no.' Marriage is not the question. Will he be happier with her again or without her. The answer to that question is obvious. Rob has to choose between **being right** (about her cheating) or **being happy** (with her in his life). The answer should be pretty obvious.

Well told tale, DG.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
HOSPITALS INDUCE STRANGE BEDFELLOWS

and recuperation seperates the weak and the strong, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A DG Cuck classic of pompous stupidity

My favorite part is when his whore wife and kids "'make" him go live with the skank again and he just goes along with it. Cause golly gee , what is a guy to do? Profoundly stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Time Is A Great Healer

Too many commenters forget that time spent with a loved one is not easily forgotten. This story was a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wimp

She lied to you before she will do it again. Your kids love you and set you up with the bitch. With kids like that you don't need enemies. The insurance company would have paid to have a nurse come in and take care of him. I was married for 28 years, have 3 kids and have been divorced for 11 years. I would disown and never talk to my kids if they did something that stupid to me.CC1B

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Good story

till this chapter. Did he lose his balls while rescuing the students? She was a lying slut. If he still had his balls he would have had Mary/Nancy come visit him in the hospital and told his ex-wife to piss off.

freeman82freeman82over 11 years ago
After reading only page 1 of this chapter

I abandoned it. Classic cuck story. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story...

OH! You valiant unhappy men! You are all so perfect and righteous. After nine years he still loves the woman who still loves him and cared for him in his hour of need...the Mother of his Children and Grandchildren. How dare he take the cheating bitch back! No matter that she waited patiently and faithfully for him to need her again. How perfect you trolls are...how unforgiving and lonely you probably are...alone in your righteousness! This is one of the few fine authors that continues to write for us. The story was one of the best and showed the true nature of a fine man that could forgive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
look here "Bitch" get off your high fucking horse

The man damn near died and the slut was off getting fucked. Then the bitch lied about it. You and the rest of the cum catchers have a fucking heart attack if a man cheats on you while you're pregnant. I will conseed that it's been 9 years and that wipes out the cuckold part. But for you to act like women are so fucking lilly white is bullshit. I'm willing to bet that is more husband's did DNA test on their kids you'll find alot more slut that cheating bastards.

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 11 years ago
I don't care what the others say . . .

I liked it! I thought it was well plotted and that you showed clearly the mixed feelings that both the husband and wife had, over her cheating and the divorce. Having him recuperate at her house was a little conrtived, but you didn't overdo it, and we were left with him thinking things over but uncertain about what he'd do next.

Jumping into bed with the wife of the guy who had screwed up his marriage was a cute twist.

This was well written. The first person account was written as a real coal miner might have said it. I know, because I've known a lot of them. The whole story was put together with care and finesse.

I'm sure that if your critics were required to use their names instead of 'Anonymous' they would have been ashamed to pick this apart as they did. As for me, I know you write better stories than I can, and I'm just glad you put them out here for me to read!

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Yes the wife fucked up but redemption is warranted

It's hard to be principled and judgmental. Life is so short. When the love is this deep and the infraction was not hateful it seems like redemption is an option to consider. These two are totally in love with eachother and lost without being together. My assumption is that Mary got in touch with Brenda after her tryst and reported how Brenda's name was mentioned during love making. I strongly endorse BTB stories but this one seemed to have some exceptional elements

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 10 years ago
Is there a deal breaker here?

You bet ya!!! When they sub leased his apartment I would have divorced the whole damn family. On top of that it wasn't legal without his signature on the document. This displays a total lack of respect.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 10 years ago
Coal miners are . . .

. . . basic honest people. Both sides of my family were central Pennsylvania mining families. Actually both sides also owned mines later, but the depression took care of that before I was born. I know the people though and have heard the stories. When I was very young they still had deep mines, still do today in West Virginia. By my teenage years things switched over to strippings. The reclamation exuberance was a little much. It's no where near as earth friendly as DG's story makes it sound. But here's the kicker, the earth is a damned resilient mother. At first there is no topsoil at all where the trees are planted, just broken shale stone. Ten years later though enough pine needles have fallen, lichen and moss have covered those broken shale stones, Mother Nature is using fallen pine needles to make some new topsoil under those pine trees.

Thanks for writing this one DG, it takes me back in the general direction of my roots.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
:-)

She is so remorseful....but only after she's given herself completely, for months, to her college lover. " Oh honey I'm so sorry." If it meant nothing, why did you do it? Why would she need to walk into another room if she was talking to one of her female friends? Sorry buddy, I would have moved on.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Bo-o-o-gus!

I knew he should have cut off his ungrateful spawn when they wouldn't cut out their mother, and now they're paying him back by ignoring his wishes and trying to force him back with the slut.

He should invite Mary over and make love to her in front of the ex. See if she still wants him around then!

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
She cheated...

Sure she cheated...she payed for it...She showed she still loved him...It's a good thing to forgive, more if we forgive someone we love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I hate to admit it, but I understand it

The guy never fell out of love with her. It's that simple. We aren't all cut from the same bolt of cloth, thankfully.

Now me? Once we were divorced, make no mistake, I would have divorced my wife, there would have been no communications. My wife knows that. There would be no going back.

One time when we were young she packed her suitcase and told me she was leaving. I told her she had better think long and hard about it, because if she stepped foot outside that door with her suitcase in her hand, there was no coming back in that door. It was closed forever. She looked at me and realized I meant it. I love her dearly, but I'm not going to play games. Talk it out, work it out or get the hell out.

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Usual fare

She is a slut. He is a loser. She repeatedly cheats. He leaves. He is pathetic, and lonely. Apparently she is the only woman on the planet, so he can't date anyone else. He is still lonely. He beats up the guy she fucked, even though SHE is the guilty party.( After all, he wasn't married to Brad, so Brad wasn't the one breaking vows made to him! He was a scumbag for being with a married woman, but he was not the one betraying our intrepid coalminer. That was all Brenda) Ten years pass, and, did I mention that he is still pathetic and lonely? He can never trust her again. Then he trusts her again. All is forgiven. Reconcile at any cost. Happy ever after. The end.

The title name changes, the stories all remain the same!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1 star

I agree with Krosis666. Had to give it 1 star.

phd70phd70over 9 years ago
Life is not simple!

This case is a situation where BTB is not appropriate or fair. Wife has more than proven her love and emotional connection to her ex-husband. Life is not simple, and people are not yes/no computers. Glad to see the spouses are getting back together, for the happiness of both and repair of the family! 5 stars. These are good people and deserve a happy life together. Dan

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
1-Stary

He should hook up with Mary.

Invite her over, see if Brenda still wants him there!

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
story

why do people have to have "one more time" to end and affair? If it's over, it's over otherwise your kidding yourself. I loved the "word list" and how it came up in the latter part of the story. Though not a fan of reconciliation after an affair, you made a good case for one as they seemed to be a loving family in spite of the affair

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Forgot To Score Last Time

Gave it the 1 star it so deserves.

The TOTAL disrespect his daughters showed for his wishes is disgraceful!

Who says he needs a nurse 24 hours?! Certainly the mining company would pay for whatever nursing care he would need.

And for all practical purposes Brenda RAPED him! If a man had non-consensual sex with his incapacitated ex-wife there would be hell to pay!

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
A STRONG MIND ALWAYS HAS A KRYPTONITE

and its named P---Y. TK U MLJ LV NV

steven857steven857about 9 years ago
Still a trust issue

This series was good up to the point where they got back together nothing has happened to change the trust issue. Additionally the mining company would have paid for in home care. Lastly if my kids worked with my ex wife their mother in that manor it would have been hard to forgive them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Terrible ending

Back with the bitch. Tell the kids to mind their own business and get rid of the person they rented his apartment to and get the hell out as soon as you can. She'll be back to screwing Bill the minute he leaves.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
too far

If he is as helpless as they treat him then what they do to him is illegal.

I do understand loving someone, but when they shit on you you still have shit on you.

Then there are his daughters, as he said it was Brenda that raised them and they are very much like her.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

nicely put together and developed. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Super story 5*

This is well written with good emotion and humour. Well done.

Reconciliation is always hard to write about and justify especially when it has been pre-planned as in this case as. It is so much more complicated than BTB. In this story it seemed to be about recapturing youth and some titillation with illicit sex rather than a fundamental disrespect for the husband being the driving force. I'm fine with reconciliation when two people genuinely love each other even though one has betrayed the other as long as there is no deliberate demeaning of the victim by either the cheater or the lover or it has been a long term affair. Here it did last a few months but did not appear to be a very regular occurrence. I did find it strange that she should be putting on sexy underwear and then allowing anal on the very night that she intended finishing with him.

Only one small suggestion. It would have been interesting if they had talked about her affair a little more to try and get to the bottom of why she cheated on him and why she did not understand the damage she was doing to their marriage. The recapturing college thing just seemed a little superficial.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Worst ending ever

The story contradicts itself(or should I say narrator), if the guy was cheated and hurt as much as we were told, no matter how many years later, the slut is still a slut and a selfish and egocentric in that.

Protagonist said he doesn't trust her and all, there is a woman that is nearly as good as his ex wife, and he doesn't need to worry about trusting, so it's a clear solution .

In regards to his daughters behaviour and all else, it's fictional and I can't criticise it as it is authors right to choose where he wants to take the story to, but as I said, author has got it confused over what character traits does the protagonist have.

VapspegeoVapspegeoalmost 8 years ago
His Plan

As with all plans, we make them and they change or are laughed at.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I enjoyed the story

Not a big fan of reconciliation, but I was satisfied with it here, even happy they got back together.

The wife paid for her betrayal, but never stopped loving her husband. She remained single because she couldn't find anyone as good as the husband she betrayed.

The children hated what she had done and spent months not speaking to her, but she is their mother so of course - over time - they forgave her. Keep in mind that most kids in broken marriages only want their parents back together. The only pain they're suffering is the split, the broken family, and they want things back the way they were. They don't know anything about the heartache of betrayal, the cost of cheating, or the love tossed aside for a simple physical pleasure.

The husband still, after all those years, still loves his ex-wife - to the point where he isn't satisfied with any other woman. The only person he needs to please is himself and if he's okay with reconciliation, if he can get past what she did almost a decade earlier, then it seems silly, even masochistic, to torture himself simply for the sake of depriving her of what she wants so badly.

Will she cheat again? Who knows? I'm sure that's foremost in his mind as he ponders reestablishing their relationship. The story pointed out how she grieved over the loss of her marriage, couldn't understand how she could have been so stupid, how she took all the blame for the divorce, and how badly she wished she could take it back. She paid the price, learned her lesson. If she and her former husband can be happy together again, more power to 'em. Good luck to them both.

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
i can be a fan

i can be a fan of the two getting back together if it reasonable and believable. I can see the steps of the two coming back together and most importantly the time it takes. I wish more stories like this are writing in this way if the author wants two people to separate then come back instead of btb or (shudder) cuckold and like it. Some btb are little too violence and unbelievable and cuckold is the easy way out to writing a story about cheating and being unfaithful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Enjoyed it a lot

I couldn't put the story away until I completed it. A few rough patches (9 years) but a happy ending. After 9 years they are better forgiving than I am. That is a good thing. I also liked the updates on the coal industry. Good to remember that. A Five from this reader. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
All things considered

There is a good chaNCE they would get together again. It would be hard not to after hger nursing him.

It still feels a bit like wife gets to crap on family with her college cum dump fantasy , Knows her husband will forgive her if she gets caught and she is right.

Husband has inprinted on her and doesn't have the ability to move on to a fresh start.

Stockhom syndrome social style.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Brilliant Story

Loved it! Worth the price of admission! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I agree with steven857

The trust issue is still there. She's still having her girl's night out and she is dating which is good because she' single now, but what is going to happen if they get together? She couldn't keep her legs closed the first time, I don't see why it's going to be different this time.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 6 years ago
@the previous anon...

...You touched a hot stove the first time, what's been different since? You learned a painful lesson and changed your behavior. Why do you think she couldn't do the same?

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
I'm Back

I've read a few of the comments! In my opinion Brenda won't cheat again! 10 yrs she lost her one true love because of the Predator and being angry and weak! She's not that stupid to lose Rob again! Thanks again for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

xtchrxtchrabout 6 years ago
Didn't Work!

This was a real good 3 part story...BUT then the 4th part. This reconciliation just did not work. She did too much harm with her affair with old boyfriend, with her lying and disrespect to the man she thinks she 'really loves'. I'm sorry, I just don't understand how she could 'really love' her husband and then have an affair with all the deceit and lying involved. Than after 9 years, she is still lying to him - dating and going on girls' nights out. Why leave the room to talk to a girlfriend? No, this woman - and now his daughters- really put the screws to this guy. And he falls for it???

Thanks for an interesting 3 part story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Agree with xtchr...

Good 3 part story. This last chapter ruined the entire story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very realistic,,,

Very realistic. Screw up, redemption, then back together due to an unforeseen oblique direction and circumstances. Definitely original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@studebakerhawk

Why shouldn't Brenda be able to learn? Simple. She's a slut. She went for all kinds of strange cock in college. When the college cock came back 17 years later she went back to it multiple times. She'll be good for a while she gains his trust then another college cock comes a calling and she'll be servicing it. Why? Because, that is who she is.

Mary seems to be safer investment. At least she understands the hurt infidelity causes.

I gave fives for the chapters 1-3. This one got a three. Too much of a Matt Moreau/HDK magic BJ RAAC finish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I'd be running

I hate salesmen. They will lie, con, deceive and put the pressure to get you to buy. High pressure sales does work with me. If I feel I'm being pushed around, I tell them I'm done and walk away or in one case I nearly punch the guy's lights out.

Brenda and his daughters are game playing by forcing him to stay with Brenda. Not sure if someone not on a lease can sublet an apartment and most leases forbid it. But, I would be high pissed at my kids if they pulled that and probably not talk with them for a while.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago
White as Coal

The characters were okay, as was the dialogue. Plot was simple: boy meets girl, fucks her, marries her and they ride off into the sunset. Boy loses girl: wanders alone across desolate earth for a decade. Boy finds girl but we don't know if they will face the sunset together or not. Parts 1, 2, and 3, three stars. Part, 4 four stars. History of coal industry five stars; was it original I have to ask. Keeping us entertained ten stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Entertaining

An interesting and unusual setting increased my enjoyment.

This well-respected author made the classic mistake of painting a detailed background and then moving the characters in ways which seemed very inconsistent with that context. So the last part failed to convince.

YouamiYouamiover 5 years ago
A well rounded tale!

DGH

I for one found your tale beguiling. You will never ever be able to please all of your readers...I guess that's the price one pays for submitting anything. I thought your characters were fine and your plot development novel with respect to the mine theme.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WHAT A CROCK... A DUMBASSED, ILLOGICAL AND TOTALLY INCORRECT STATEMENT.

((( No, Dad, there isn't. You can't be left by yourself and we can't afford a nurse twenty-four hours a day. ))) Bullshit!! The company's workman compensation and medical insurance policies will cover his lost wages and pay for all his medical expenses. . . . Not to mention their liability insurance or the fact that it happened while he was on Television saving two idiots who climbed over a fence that was obviously not tall enough to stop them.

Other than that, a good enough story. He should have continued fucking Goober's ex wife. She deserves a man who doesn't cheat and he deserves a wife who never would. Fuck 'love' if you have to accept betrayal. That's when it's time to use your other head.

She didn't 'make a mistake'. She fucking CHEATED and ENJOYED it . . . FOR SEVERAL MONTHS before she knew that the Law Of Averages was due to strike so she decided to end it... but, like the 'nice person' she is, she 'faithfully' fucked his socks off as a parting gift.

...... This author's selling forgiveness for cheaters... attempting to corrupt us to be like Democrats who turn a blind eye to all the wrong doings of family/Party members. Go fuck yourself DG. Hear me??

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'd have

invited Mary over and fucked her in every room of Brenda house

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Only words rarer than "thank you" spoken by a woman.......

......is "I'm sorry"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Re: Anonymous 12/12/18, WHAT A CROCK...

What a miserable human being you are. Write your own damned story, let's see how well you do. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Have any of you learned anything

Very simple this’s a fictional story. So don’t try to make it fit into your world. Errors more than likely are planned to stop people from stealing their ideas, wake up and read the story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
A good series

But I really don't like the end. Just another RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's just a story,...

...and I enjoyed it. Fusspot that I am, kept being tripped up by the ¨editing¨ which was nonexistent. I admit to not being a fan of what I call american uneducated/working class english. Examples?

¨own my own business¨ If you own it is your own. Didn't know that?

¨she was out of hearing distant¨ Not a typo for sure. If she was out of hearing it was because the distance was too great. Because she was too distant. Not sure you'll understand that.

¨Sammy, do you believe in love at first site?¨ Twice! It's not a website, or worksite.. It's a first look, thus sight. Get it?

¨She had two organisms before I was fully in her¨ Are you trying to be funny? Doubt it. Probably writer, editor, or both are a problem.

¨I must have woke up¨...are we in elementary school? Or maybe just in the states.

̈Willard is a Masseuse ̈. Willard is an unusual name for a female. My wife had a masseur named Will, though.

¨My coach complemented me over and over¨. Malapropisms never stop.

¨Willard and Jim were both masseuses¨. Are they both trans women?

¨women¨, ¨woman¨, interchangeably used in the wrong places.

I won't even go into the dated coal industry shit.

I did enjoy, though.

Wildone101Wildone101about 4 years ago
Good Story

I happen to live in the town where the first anthracite mine in the US is located. After the shaft mining in the area finished (mostly due to the Knox mine disaster), the area was strip mined. Throw in an underground mine fire and the damage done trying to uncover it and you can imagine what the area looks like. Sadly, only about 20% of the area has been reclaimed.

The abandoned mines are mostly still accessible and as a kid I explored more than a few of them. Most (not all) are now bat gated, some have had the entrance either collapsed or buried, but the mines themselves are still there, NONE have been imploded. Fly over the area and the black scars of the culm banks stand out.

Very few of these mines have been emptied of the mining equipment used in them. That's right, it's like the miners left for the night and never came back. There are mine cars, drills, electric locomotives, picks, underground offices with clipboards and paperwork, hard hats, lunchboxes, the list goes on. There's even an underground hospital that has much of the equipment still in it and a repair shop used to fix the mine cars that still has the tools and hoists there (and yes, the hoists still work). About the only thing removed were the rails leading into the mine, and only for the first few hundred feet, after that they're still there.

There's a very good website for anyone actually interested, www.undergroundminers.com. I had a friend that knew these guys and he used to go with them on their explorations. At last count he had over 30,000 pictures taken in the area mines. To this day you can enter a mine and (with the right maps) pop up 20 miles from where you started.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sad Ending

I am sure that He will be Happy as a Cluck .. Without Trust Can there be a Good Marraige ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A bit troubling for me!

Brenda had to have one more night before she ending her affair. That proved to me that Brenda was just a slut wife! If she was going to end the affair she shouldn’t have had that last night with her lover!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5716 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Coal Miner Pt. 03 Previous Part
Coal Miner Series Info