All Comments on 'K.I.S.S.: P.O.V.'

by Gaelfling

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
lloyd_5lloyd_5about 16 years ago
Simplistic

Perhaps the arrogance of youth can excuse this. You lay down rules that no writer would accept as gospel. There are some great 2nd person stories here - you just haven't found them. 1st person is not the most intimate POV - and please don't promulgate such nonsense. Intimacy can be just as well imported in 3rd person. This issue has been explore since Lit launched, by writers that have great experience. You add nothing to the debate.

farechildefarechildeabout 16 years ago
Dumb and fun

Reading this essay was like listening to a kindergarten teacher telling her students how to play in the sand. It's dumb to tell people how to write. Mostly because on a site like this there are waaaay to many terrible authors. And it's also dumb to lay down rules in a medium that is so subjective. Imagine telling Leonardo Divinci he couldn't use the color black in any of his paintings just because it clashed with the wall paint of the art gallery! If an author can find a P.O.V or writing style that seems odd it's up to him or her to make it work. Maybe a jumbled up P.O.V style could be used to portray a mentally sick character or whatever. Your rules do not help! Although, you are perfectly correct about the narrator not being the author, at least not in any sort of narrative. It pisses me off when I read stories like that. They have no flair...no draw. Thanks for the entertaining essay!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Pretty good

I kinda like this as it gave some insight into the mind of an author. I personally prefer 1st and 3rd party narratives as 2nd person seems to make me just back out of the story as quickly as possible.

DC29DC29about 16 years ago
I agree

I agree with the comment that you should pick a point of view and stick with it. I have read too many stories on this site that start in 1st jump to 2nd and then back again. It gets very distracting.

roomfor1moreroomfor1moreover 12 years ago
Not all that insightful

I hoping for an expansion on the different point of views and how to use them to effectively write literotica. Instead, I feel, this article resembles something you would read in an English composition textbook or be taught in a composition class.

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther6969about 2 years ago

Hare's another way how I see it in the First POV it is like the Reader is a Ghost or Spirit Possessing the Author's Main Character. While In Second POV it's the same thing but with the addition to the Author as that other Character. And In Third and Fourth Persons it is like Both the Reader and the Author are Both Ghosts or Spirits Fallowing the Author's Main Lead or Character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous