All Comments on 'A Cautious Man Ch. 14-16'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
skipperrskipperralmost 16 years ago
emotion?

I am really enjoying this story, but this installment seems to be lacking in emotion for something so serious happening. I can only imagine how difficult it is too put these ideas together to make a story, but why does it seem so difficult to keep the names straight? Is is Dave Markham, or Mark Daveham? Since the 'other man' was named Mark, it is slightly confusing when he switches names between the 'other man' and his Pastor friend.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Ditto

The breakdown was on the horizon when we heard her thoughts about Bill before marraige. His calm reaction did seem a bit on the cold side to me and to be able to calmly make love is

upon the return to the marraige bed again shows that he has none of the normal emotional blocks in place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Good!

Enjoyed it, wouldn't have been as calm and nice, but that's just me. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
a bit dry

this chapter was a tad too dry for me. It didn't tug at my heartstrings, unlike the previous chapters. But it still was very well-written piece, technically speaking. Thanks for the update, coaster. Are you EVER going to finish Vinnie's story? sigh...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Hopefully...

this is not where this stony ends. You are one of my favorite authors in this genre and although this is not your best tale it is still very enjoyable. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
why he let her off so easy

twenty times and couldn't stop.he rewarded her for her betrayal.he moves to the spare bedroom is the punishment,that's cute.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 16 years ago
after so much Promise so much of a HUGE let down

You lost me totally when the pastor & Bill BOTH said the wife was a "Victim". its a shame really. This story had so much promise.

<br></br>

The wife admitted she went out of her way to find and fuck him because of what she heard from her friends. <b>That is NOT a VICTIM. She Paid for ALL of the Motel/ hotels rooms!!! </b> Sure this 24 year hoodlum took advantage of the situation... but he had access to plenty of other pussy. The wife went after him.

<br></br>

Second issue... OK so she felt older. She had concerns about losing her looks. Well Big fucking deal. Thats a REASON to cheat for 4 months and 20 to 30 fuckings!?!

<br></br>

If that is the case arent ALL married men in trouble?

Don't all women get older? According to the story BILL was NOT inattentive in anyway.

<br></br>

How is it that some Married women enjoy the love of the husbands and dont step out even as they get older?

<br></br>

Its called Character and this whore wife doesnt have it.

<br></br>

This is clearly headed for reconciliation at all costs. A one time drunken affair when the wife has been negelected is one thing. <b>4 months is NOT a victim</b>.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunteralmost 16 years ago
The story is good this chapter sucks.

Sorry I still like your story telling ability however this guy was a predator and should have his ass kicked by our 6 ft 7 inch friend. LOL Or at least send him back to prison. I couldnt live such a passive life style. Lets have some action.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Slipped....

It was a great story up until now. It not only felt flat, but became very cliche. The affair, the predator with the past, the wife as victim, etc, etc. Hopefully it will improve toward the end. I do find that many authors seem to fall down on the middle of their stories, so I have hope.

shangoshangoalmost 16 years ago
Harry, when you're right

You're right. This guy, your "Hero", has been played like a fiddle by every woman he's known!!! If you want to make him a chump, go ahead, it's your tale. But at least warn the reader. That way, we don't waste time and you don't get "00"'s. It was ok, for me, until you chumped him the third time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
NOT 20 to 30 times!!!

The first three submissions offered promise of a very good story. This last submission took away the strength of Bill and made him appear to lack the character and strength that the first 3 submissions gave him.

I have to agree that she was never a victim. She met with Mark on 20 to 30 occasions witch actually (if you include oral and anal as sex, as I do) equates to between 30 and 70 times or more if he is like any other 24 year old self centered predator.

Hopefully the person that sent the note is Zena.

PLEASE redeem yourself with the following submission with another strong story line. Give Bill some backbone and send the unfaithful wife for a long one way hike.

Cary Sanderson

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
25

25

ralphcralphcalmost 16 years ago
bs

4 months, in the ass, swallows, hubby foots the blii.yea, we really got good news, she told the truth. u think you'll say that if a dr ever says u got cancer. hey, alright, i got the truth. i know what to do, tell her the guy is a womanizer. i mean, isn't that the type women just love to swallow? it's like, "hey, i bet i can show him i can be the best, what he's missed..."it sure screwed up joe namath and wilt chamberlain's sex life didn't it. not. it doesn't take a shrink to figure out whats eating her- it's simple-she's a slut and she wants an asshole eating her. if u can fix her, bill or coaster, u are in the wrong kind of repair business and u could go worldwide and beat out warren buffet. yea, if u can fix her u can kill satan. well, explain to her why she shouldn't do that. at the same time explain why u don't sleep in the road. next, tell her to sleep in the road.

ralphcralphcalmost 16 years ago
bs

4 months, in the ass, swallows, hubby foots the blii.yea, we really got good news, she told the truth. u think you'll say that if a dr ever says u got cancer. hey, alright, i got the truth. i know what to do, tell her the guy is a womanizer. i mean, isn't that the type women just love to swallow? it's like, "hey, i bet i can show him i can be the best, what he's missed..."it sure screwed up joe namath and wilt chamberlain's sex life didn't it. not. it doesn't take a shrink to figure out whats eating her- it's simple-she's a slut and she wants an asshole eating her. if u can fix her, bill or coaster, u are in the wrong kind of repair business and u could go worldwide and beat out warren buffet. yea, if u can fix her u can kill satan. well, explain to her why she shouldn't do that. at the same time explain why u don't sleep in the road. next, tell her to sleep in the road..

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Woman can make choices.

So many authors attempt to justify the females adultery by saying she never stood a chance, he is a predator. They demonize the useless fuck she cheated with and it is not her complete fault. This is a load of crap. Woman make choices every day. Some are good choices and some are bad. In the end we are responsible for our actions. She was not drugged or raped. She willingly fucked another man for four months and he meekly forgives her because at least she told him the truth. You have turned a very self reliant character into a wimp. It is like you started writing about someone else. He gave her twelve years of devotion and she shit on him. Sorry I just don't buy the change in the male lead.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 14 years ago
You forgot about STD's.

A player like her lover would have sex with a lot of ladies. Billy (the wimp) should at least have himself and his cheating slut checked out.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
In chapter 16 there is a section where pastor Dave is called Mark

At first it somewhat confuses a reader. I also am not really pleased with the way this is going. How is Marion ever to be trusted again?

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
IT TAKES A FAIR MAN

to sing a cautious song. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Had that happen

Had a long term girlfriend that destroyed me like that...

We're on talking terms again...

This story is a little too real at times... In other words you are a gifted author!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
What, no check for STDs?

I am guessing that as meticulous as he is, he surely thought of doing this. I hope so.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Oral? Anal?

As wild as Marion was, they never did oral?

I can understand no anal, but I find it hard to believe she never gave him blow jobs!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Attractive?

Why do so many of these wives need reassurance from others?

Why doesn't it mean enough that their HUSBANDS find them attractive? What does it matter if other men find them attractive? They're not going to do anything - are they?

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Re-Reading

One more thought on the "attractiveness" issue:

Don't these women realize that these predators will tell them ANYTHING to get into their pants?

Even though Marion apparently IS still attractive, even if she WASN'T Mark still would have said she was if he wanted her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very disappointing

I think these chapters lacked the intense emotion that would have been caused by her atrocious betrayal. She was not a victim but a lustful and manipulative cheater. She not only gave her lover more than her husband and did it many many times over a long period but she also denied her husband both emotional and sexual contact whilst doing it. I do like reconciliation but this is pretty much a deal breaker in my view.

She did not apologise or show any real remorse and he let her off much too lightly. I think her lustful character was shown from day 1 when they first had sex and by her record of many previous sexual liaisons. Trust but verify, maybe but just an train wreck waiting to happen with such a shallow character I'm afraid.

Well written but only 3* for lack of emotion and questionable reactions by both husband and wife to this destructive affair. have given 5* to previous chapters which were much stronger.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
reassurance

The sad thing about this is that women get a line of this BS fed to them from middle school onwards by males wanting them to drop their panties.

It does not say much for their average intelligence or maturity that they will still fall for the same shit over twenty years later.

"Fool me once shame on you"

"Fool me twice shame on me"

So what about fooled well beyond twice?

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
IT TAKES THE WORRIED MAN TO SING THAT SONG

what song befalls the cautious man. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

"She would be 37 soon and she was afraid she wouldn't be desirable to men" - As others have said, why should she care if other men desire her? She's off the market (or should be!), so their desire is moot.

"they were at the Marriot. She paid." - If SHE paid, then that really means that Bill paid!

"I don't have any excuse except my insecurity." - What does she have to be insecure about? She herself says that he's been the perfect husband. HE'S who should feel insecure with their reduced, less passionate sex life!

"On[c]e I started, I couldn't stop. I didn't know how." - Um, how about saying, "NO?"

"I'll sleep in the spare bedroom for now." - Why should HE sleep in the spare bedroom? Make HER sleep there, she's the one who cheated!

As KarenE said, I find it hard to believe that someone as wild as she was wasn't giving her husband oral sex! I'm surprised that he wasn't insisting on it, it was certainly part of his experience with Carla and Zena!

Maybe the embarrassment of having to discuss he affair with their pastor will shake her up!

"I'm not sure I'd really learn anything for myself. You know, that doctor-patient confidentiality thing." - Um, there's that "confidentiality thing" with pastors, too!

I'm sorry, I don't buy the excuse that they need to hear how attractive they are from someone not close to them! And as I said earlier, what does it matter if she attracts other men or not? She's not going to ACT on that attraction -- is she?

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
there's cautious

and there's immasculated

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sickening........

Terrible, no consequences for the wife. 5 weeks of her sleeping in her own bed. I love how cautious he is but the wife or himself had No std tests, no condoms, I hope bill gets an std and Marion is pregnant by lover boy.

I hope he had a pre nup.

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
hmm

he hopes it won't happen again, but expects it will. This gives him a respite to work on setting things, so that if it does happen again, he will be better prepared for it. I can see that, I am a firm believer that a leopard rarely changes its spots. Time will tell!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Not

something you often see on here but this reads like real life. With two chapters left, it can't be good news coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm sorry but you have no idea about what you're writing.

I don't see any emotion in your writing. The dialogs feel almost robotic and cliche.

- "Are you going to divorce me?" she asked in a meek, shaky voice. "That depends on you, Marion."

Really? If the cunt wants to stay married then he goes with it? I think what you should have written is "I haven't decided yet, it depends of the way you answers my questions or something like that".

- No STD check? No punishment? Not even a real therapist?

- In many places you portrayed Bill as a wimp. Even his friends know he's going to take the slut back. He's still worried about the scum that seduced his wife "no violence". Bill feels like a robot. Not a man in shock. Some writers did a great job describing a man in shock, You didn't. You really don't know anything about what you're writing and you're really abd about plaacing yoruself in the shoes of a cheated man.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

You write about a cuck.

I’ll ask, what would Marion do if he cheated?

I know, she would divorce him and take him to the cleaners. It is how women think and act.

However in your eyes, if a woman cheats she deserves forgiveness no real punishment, and have no regrets.

In other words she gets to have her cake and eat it too.

Utter bullshit and shame on you for writing this cuckold tripe.

Real life is not like in the clear majority of cases. There is NO free pass.

There is divorce and loss. That is the truth so quit writing bullshit

Scores as do all Cuck stories 1/5.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

dump the stupid Bitch.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

I intensely dislike cuck MC's. The is a fine author but I don't think I'm going to finish this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In all these RAAC stories, one spouse betrays the other's trust. They stay together and the betrayed spouse must trust the cheater. The cheater can cheat again at any time. I'd like to read a story where the cheater must trust the betrayed spouse. Maybe a quiet divorce where the cheater gives up all joint finances and custody to the betrayed spouse. They continue to live together, but the cheater can be kicked out at any time. There are a few stories with post nuptual agreements, but they don't have nearly the force of a divorce.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

You weave a very good story.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel61about 1 month ago

Disappointed in this set of chapters, certainly calling the pastor Mark several times was distracting, but there was absolutely no attention paid to bills inner turmoil his emotions his internal dialogue and his decision to so easily stay in the marriage without more consequence e.g. a post nuptial agreement, Seems inconsistent with the character development up to that

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories