All Comments on 'The Last Man'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AgenaAgenaalmost 16 years ago
Perfection

The word 'perfection' came to me when asked to title my comment. I believe it expresses my feelings regarding a perfectly written tale of romance.

H20waderH20waderalmost 16 years ago
Bravo

Englih wit is very dry and you caught it at the best possible monments.

nothing like the same tale in American. and so much better for the reader.

sir, i salute your skill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Wonderful

Good enough to read twice, Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
delightful!

A delightful rendition of life, and love, in real life.

-- KK in Texas

Orion623Orion623almost 16 years ago
Amazing

A wonderful story told with understatement and elegance. Absolutely terrific.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Very Fine Piece of Work

I do feel that they decided things rather quickly. I would have needed a lot more contact before switching gears.

The dryness was like a good white wine!

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 16 years ago
Nicely done

Interesting, well-written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
love it

thank you!

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 16 years ago
!

What can I say that hasn't already been said. But i will anyway, Well done sir great story and as an attempt to make it a british story well done again. i hope things worked out for the couple.

Zeb40Zeb40almost 16 years ago
Almost left me speechless.

And if you knew me you would know how unlikely that is. I was more than impressed with your tale, I was overwhelmed. What a great story. A delightful look at a remarkable man who finds a similarly remarkable woman to fulfill him. If these people indeed do exist, I can only wish them what my wife and I have-a journey to forever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
W O W

delightful story. love it.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
A highly recommended read

It’s a wonderfully written story with great attention to details. I personally felt pampered by such a quality read…. You get to enjoy an original heart warming plot which does it to you without being schmaltzy. So? What are you waiting for? Run and read it!

M_Craig_SimmonsM_Craig_Simmonsover 15 years ago
I Think It's In The Wrong Category

Although there are very few little erotic elements in this story, I would rather class it in the Romance category than the Non-Erotic category. There is a hint of eroticism and it is a very lovely romantic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Read

As I was reading the story I lost sight of the fact that you aren't English. Or are you. Expertly written - the English personalities of your characters was very realistic, I'm thinking Wodehouse. Very well done, indeed.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE CUCKOO'S NEST

has nothing on this fable with a stiff upper lip. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
I Loved It !

I really must protest that this story is exiled to the hinterlands of Non-Erotic. The lead character's charming meanderings intersperesed with steely resolve in things that matter was breathtaking in this age of smooth formu-lust. It's the opposite of contemporary slick which to my mind is very erotic indeed.

Just because body parts & fluids are not being comingled or swapped is superfluous. Love how Coaster2 captured the diffident Anglo-speak. It's definitely altogether different from the Garrison Keillor-esque voice he uses in the bulk of his stories. Bravo!

Bill1104Bill1104about 11 years ago
Very Nice

Excellent little story with wonderful dialogue. A five because that's all I could give.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Lovely!

I don't know if this is really a true story, but it SHOULD be!

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Very, Very Nice!

The only way I would accept my wife taking a female lover would be if I got to share the lover with her!

I understand what Bea was saying about Roger and Connie. If he was a lesser man, he either would have tried to seduce her away from Michael, or distanced himself from them. Instead he was able to put his love for her on the shelf, so to speak, and be a true friend to them both. That spoke volumes about his character.

TrishieldTrishieldover 6 years ago
Inspired

Yes. It was a inspiring and consuming story.

Thank you

A_BierceA_Bierceover 6 years ago
Brilliant

Love is. It cares not for class or couth or comfort, it asks only for honesty and trust. Our hero and heroine recognized both qualities in each other almost immediately. Once they are uncovered, the love they reveal requires no further ferment. This outwardly reserved couple is to be envied.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
waow! bloody good class.

loved it.

honest souls..

bloody hell ahe {<;

cheers coaster2

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

all about nothing, just a simple unexciting, banal love? story

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter26 days ago

Re-read after many years. I can see why some comments depreciate this story as un exciting and banal. it is a compelling story about character, about HAVING character, as his love for both Connie and Michael illustrated so profoundly. So much of what we read on this site is focused on lust, hate, revenge, or selfishness. Moral examples of steadfastness should certainly belong as well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous