All Comments on 'The Lies We Tell Ourselves: Deana’s'

by yougotmoxie

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Yes!

Quirky, sexy, fun. You have got write a sequel, please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Lots More!

Great read! Keep up the great pace and story line

Mystery_MeatMystery_Meatalmost 16 years ago
Potential, but needed editing

Although the story showed some potential, in the future, make use of the volunteer editors before submitting. They should catch the grammatical errors which detracted from the flow. You switched from past tense to present tense and back again. Ex: "he slaps my ass" should have been slapped... And the difference between too & to.

An editor will improve your writing. Keep writing.

hotcocoa6904hotcocoa6904almost 16 years ago
Great Job!!

Loved the characters and the writing was pretty damn good!! Just watch out for the grammatical errors that may distract people from the story. But I definitely would love to see you write more!!

cocobrown62cocobrown62almost 16 years ago
One of these days!!

One of these days I'm gonna get me a sexy white boy!

Goddiva11Goddiva11almost 16 years ago
I want one!

25 points were deducted for the grammatical errors other than that this would be a definite 100. I love the fact that the story was written in the voice of an everyday woman. Though the story clearly states the female character is educated unlike too many other writers on this site, this writer didn't feel the need to prove ivy league attendance by using boardroom/news anchor language. And I am also grateful that the writer didn't feel the need to down play her blackness or feel she had to be extra 'hood' for the story. Too many writers get on here wanting to tell the story of an interracial couple but give the black women white characteristics {every single damn one has hair "flowing" past her shoulders. All of it is 'natural' not one Sista got a weave?! Puhleeze}. Also the black women usually falls into the catergory of making sure the reader knows that although the character is black they have limited interest in black culture and people or the black character has to live up to every damn negative and racist stero-type there is to feel 'real'. Anyway, I would love for Harvey and Deana to have more chapters. Truth be told I wanna screw Harvey or his nearest clone. Keep it cumming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
write more!

please? thanks :)

Tallygirl1Tallygirl1over 10 years ago
I loved it!

Can we say "turned out" has a new meaning? He can't think straight, much less walk. This was a great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous