All Comments on 'Missy's Feet'

by DeniseNoe

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Very literate

Interesting if slow start looking forward to seeing it develop more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
where'z the rest of the story?

is this going somewhere or do we let our mines just imagine the next chapters and where this all goes?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
poor aching feet

Loved the last paragraph,,,would have given it a 10!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was ok but i found all the extraneous detail perplexing. Details about her driving route seem to be merely for the sake of the author wanting to connect with a town for personal reasons. Detail about the sourdough place she worked in. I was hoping to find out why working there was demeaning, but that information never emerged. A lot of detail about Wuthering Heights which I didn't mind because I thought it would tie in together later - it didn't. We are given minute detail about the podiatrist - for no apparent reason. And so, with time and space devoted to all of this inconsequential material, the actual foot scene is a mere heartbeat in comparison and very tame. It idefies belief that a young woman would allow a complete stranger into her car simply because he guessed that her feet are sore. In fact, we know all about her thoughts on all the other things mentioned, but when her toes are sucked her mind is a closed book. Without deleting any important points, you can sumnarise the whole story in a sentence: 'a young waitress has sore feet and a random guy massages and kisses them better'.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous