All Comments on 'The Girl Next Door'

by sirsemega

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Oh, wow......

This may well be one of the most convoluted plotlines I have ever read. But very, very intriguing. And in an amazing way, it's all very plausible. Not common (fortunately, for "real life"), but plausible. Nice work.

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Interesting

I found this story very interesting. The behavior of everyone involved made sense. Well done. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it.

ZKHANFLZKHANFLalmost 14 years ago
A Disaster Waiting To Happen

My first ever comment on Literotica

Wow what a crazy effed up couple this will turn out to be. As much as I am a sucker for happy endings, I can not see this relationship ending up in nothing but divorce and heartbreak.

First of all Brandon's obsession with helping Melanie cost him a stable loving relationship with his wife and son. I am not saying that he shouldn't have saved her from the torture she endured, but his insistence on her staying at their home to the point that the wife and son were almost an afterthought is insane.

Then to top it off after all that Melanie has been through, she cheats on Brandon. Yes even though they weren't married, she cheated on him.

Yet not only he takes her back, she gets pregnant by him and plans to get married to her?? What is to prevent her from reverting back to her old ways and cheat on him again. What will be the excuse this time. I hope Brandon has a secret bank account with millions somewhere, cause he is gonna have to pay dearly - alimony and child support if (and when) they break up.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
And Andrew was found

Hanging in his bedroom. Very dark tale

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Quite a Story

Quite a good story but very dark. I didn't even take basic psych with the mice in the maze bit and I'm trying to think about a story with some very abnormal psychology. No idea if the actions make any sense.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
sir, you write some tough stories.

I am a psych nurse with many years of experience. This is a very difficult case. I cannot make a judgement or offer a suggestion. I'm glad that it is just a story. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Something wrong in the head

I recognize the case (and movie) that you used as the source. It would have been better if you had not made this into a romance, at least not between her and the father. Amazingly I found that to be much more disturbing than the actual rape and torture. I mean, the guy just totally abandons his wife and son? Then he basically takes advantage of this girl. She has nobody alive who loves her, she feels safe around the man who saved her and probably feels indebted to him. She obviously has some problem in which she has become obsessed with him. And he just goes with it! I almost think she has Borderline Personality Disorder the way she goes from being obsessed to dissapointed to obsessed again. Whatever she has, he should be trying fix it, not go along with it. Also, he just totally cuts off all ties with his wife and child. Doesn't even contact them at x-mas? It seems he's become totally obssesed as well. What you should have done is a romance between Andrew and Melanie. That way both the characters issues could be dealt with (Andrew's guilt and Mel's fear of other males) and keep the father and mother together. Plus it would be more believable. No way people would just accept the father getting a divorce and then marrying Melanie. There would definitely be an investigation, if just by the media. Also, I think any therapist would say that their relationship is unhealthy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
this is NOT romance

1

sick

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Crazy

Only an individual with a really sick and twisted mind could put this down on paper. It should have been in the "I'm a sick bastard" category.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
This is fucked up, yet...

... sweet (in the good sense, not the sarcastic/snarky teenaged sense).

Good psychological drama.

Can’t help but feel sorry for Ginny and Andrew.

5-stars & “Favorite”

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Excellent psycho drama

Very good telling of a female abused and broken trying to find her way back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MEL IS A SICK FUCK AND A HOMEBREAKER.

SHE SHOULD HAVE DIED.

IN THE END SHE WAS JUST ANOTHER WHORE TAKEN INBY BRANDON

MarrttyMarrttyover 1 year ago

This one is well written but it distrubs me

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Deep shit!

I guess I’m too dumb but can’t relate enough to think of this story in a positive manner. Average.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was all terrible. Can't believe he ditched his wife and son for the victimized Melanie. Whatever.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not normal. It reminds me after 9/11/2001, many families were broken. Spouses had ptsd and couldn't cope they were so needy. Some first responders tried to be compassionate and got sucked into unplanned relationships with needy broken people, like this story. Its hard to ask why intelligent people couldn't integrate the walking wounded into their loving families. But people are people, so jealousy, rivalry and human weaknesses trump empathy and good Samaritan compassion. Tough story and POV. (Jobe?)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Brandon had a very good marriage to Ginny, but Mel broke them up and he has no relationship with his son. I get Mel is broken but she was asking too much of Brandon. 3 stars the story was written well but the divorce and loss of son was sad.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

All good and somewhat believable. Just can't believe his son, Andrew, didn't speak up after the very first "session" in their basement. At 18 he would know it was wrong.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous